• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some quick art before heading to class.
Seriously, this series is a huge part of my youth, and I'm glad to say that I enjoyed the ride to the end. Fantastic stuff.
1391283_295241000682836_282644958_n.jpg

Namikaze1

Outside of all the kids and pairings what could be 'terrible' about the epilogue? We got to see Naruto as Hokage. Isn't that what we all wanted in the end. Everything else was just lulzy details.

Like...what else could have happened in it or what else could it have been.

edit: and he used the flying thunder god! That's all I needed as well.

Outside of all the kids and pairings what could be 'terrible' about the epilogue? We got to see Naruto as Hokage. Isn't that what we all wanted in the end. Everything else was just lulzy details.

edit: and he used the flying thunder god! That's all I needed as well.
It did feel a bit rushed.

Namikaze1

Now she's ranting about Sakura's characterization and the way Kishi handled the women of Naruto in general. A coworker who's been following the manga just joined in on the conversation. Both really dislike the way Kishi portrayed the females, especially Sakura.

The coworker is also a female.

It did feel a bit rushed.
Well yeah it's a 15 year manga being wrapped up in a chapter lol. That's going to happen. But that's what the movie and mini series are for.

Now she's ranting about Sakura's characterization and the way Kishi handled the women of Naruto in general. A coworker who's been following the manga just joined in on the conversation. Both really dislike the way Kishi portrayed the females, especially Sakura.

Sakura is really the only female imo that was portrayed badly.

Well they're not wrong to feel that way.

Khezu

OH GOD ANKO

Anyway, that was empty as fuck. That movie better be good.

Hopefully the mini series is focused on Konahamaru teaching Bolt and Sarada, and some random person. Similar to wave arc Naruto.

I was about to write this, word for word. I agree it's a bit rushed and broad strokes, but what else were people expecting 20 years into the future? The pairings all make sense, sans one. And we got to see Naruto as Hokage (thank god). Some unknowns sure, but nothing that won't be filled in with the mini-series/film.

ElFly

Yeah, there are only a few decent female ninjas in Naruto. I'd go with Tsunade and....that's it?

TrueBlue

As rushed as the ending may have been, as well as the major influx if kids, seeing Naruto as Hokage really bought a smile to my face - and this is from someone who doesn't follow the series as much as I used to.

His adult design looks awesome as well.

Uzumaki Goku

This epilogue is going to be as despised as the Harry Potter and Digimon 02 epilogues. I think I've already placed it there.

I'm happy he's Hokage, but there was no reason for Kakashi to be epilogue before Naruto... Kishi did so much to taint this series for me in these last two chapters.

As rushed as the ending may have been, as well as the major influx if kids, seeing Naruto as Hokage really bought a smile to my face - and this is from someone who doesn't follow the series as much as I used to.

His adult design looks awesome as well.
and I liked that he seemed pretty mature too, they didn't keep goofy old naruto. At least from the small bits we saw, I'm sure he is still who he is. But yeah Kishi gets an A+ on adult naruto from me.

Percy

Banned
The translation didn't make it clear, but did either of Naruto's kids have any shitty catchphrasing in their speech patterns like him and his mother had?

And come on, after all of their comedic chemistry together, on top of TenTen's and Rock Lee's appearances being back to back, it's not farfetched to assume they're together. Do things have to be so spelled out?

Ah shit, yeah... I forgot Lee even showed up in that last chapter (Only got one panel), but that does actually make sense. Poor Lee... dude had to end up with the worst ninja in the village.

Bolt, I am the hokage of the village so try to understand that i cannot be a parent only for you!!!

Did Naruto, the guy who was lonely for most of his childhood, just tell his OWN SON that he should suck it up because he's not around?

Da fuq?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Did Naruto, the guy who was lonely for most of his childhood, just tell his OWN SON that he should suck it up because he's not around?

Da fuq?
Please wait for streams scan... unless it's out already?

If this is panda, they are the ones who had feel the pain in one piece

DedValve

Banned
Yeah, there are only a few decent female ninjas in Naruto. I'd go with Tsunade and....that's it?

Konan, Hinata was really good but then was just tucked away never to be heard from again except for a chapter or two in the war.

Sad part was Sakura started out brilliantly in part 2 with her fight against Sasori then it all fell apart after that =/

The epilogue felt empty. I just didn't get as many feels, mainly because most of the children where so lazily created, all looking exactly like their parents with matching personalities and clothes too! Only a few stand out (at least Bolt has his own style).

Also lack of NaruxHina scene was a bit disappointing since we know they are together.

All in all I'm sad it's gone but I was expecting to be hit with the feels a bit more.

Killer Bee's redesign is boss as fuck tho.

EDIT: Also neither of naruto's kids inherited the Uzamaki red hair that was always mentioned. At the very least, swap hair color for the twins so they aren't exactly like miniature versions like the parents =/

At least they have their own hairstyle and clothing which is something.

Heysoos

Da fuq?
Yeah I thought that was kind of messed up. I'm guessing they're going to touch on this on the mini series though. Since it seems Salad feels the same way about her dad.

It was not that bad, then again I did follow the manga irregularly and didn't ship no one. The older cast redisigns and their child designs are better that when part 2 started.

Konan, Hinata was really good but then was just tucked away never to be heard from again except for a chapter or two in the war.

Sad part was Sakura started out brilliantly in part 2 with her fight against Sasori then it all fell apart after that =/

The epilogue felt empty. I just didn't get as many feels, mainly because most of the children where so lazily created, all looking exactly like their parents with matching personalities and clothes too! Only a few stand out (at least Bolt has his own style).

Also lack of NaruxHina scene was a bit disappointing since we know they are together.

All in all I'm sad it's gone but I was expecting to be hit with the feels a bit more.

Killer Bee's redesign is boss as fuck tho.
Konan, Pains Butler and Hinata the stalker who does nothing of importance except get stabbed for motivation for the protagonist? Really compelling female characters there

Deadly

Holy shit finally over. Epilogue felt really rushed but at least closed most important things. Pairings are going to cause a major fandom war on the internet for awhile :lol I thought they were all fairly appropriate. Would have been nice to see them together on panel. Kinda wish there was a group picture or something. Sasuke and Sakura was abit fucked up but if you think about it the series was only like 4 years of their youth so forgiveness and all is possible (especially since she's always loved the dude). Kids names are ridiculous though. Sarada, really?

hahaha I thought of playing this while I was reading!

DedValve

Banned
Konan, Pains Butler and Hinata the stalker who does nothing of importance except get stabbed for motivation for the protagonist? Really compelling female characters there

I thought Konan for the most part was well done outside her obsession with boys, which seem to be a naruto tradition. But I won't argue that the most female cast sucks.

Even the female villains, Kaguya was the most weak ass villain ever.

Namikaze1

They really hate SasuSaku. Both feel the relationship is super unhealthy. After the whole women conversation, it turned to the kids. They really love Sarada's design. My boss's cool factor went up exponentially went she said she looks like kid Bayonetta.

They're on the opinion that Lee/Tenten is a thing. Both are wondering how the hell Tsunade can still walk at her old age and how the fuck Oonaki is still alive.

One thing they agreed on was that Naruto looks hot as fuck. Their words not mine.

All three of us are still wondering what the hell is under that damn mask of Kakashi's.

As for the movie, neither are looking forward to it. Both feel that Kishi is going to rush the love development of all involved.

As for the miniseries, both want it to focus on Sarada and Boruto. And yes, they too are making the salad and burrito jokes. In fact, the boss is buying us three exactly that for lunch where we're going to further discuss Naruto and other mangas.

DedValve

Banned
I agree that 699 had a more powerful ending.

Maybe somewhere in that chapter hint that Naruto would most definitely become hokage (by Tsunade stepping down or whatever) but 699 left me with the feels.

Did Mei get fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom