• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

EhoaVash

my springtime of youth is over :[

i'm going to miss this series so much. I've been following it since 5th grade ..now i'm in my 2nd year of college. damn it I feel so empty inside....this void I can't get it out

I'm looking very much forward to the movie, please have some more closure. I'm happy about NaruHina being cannon but I want more lol.

I hope part 3 miniseries has plenty of interaction with the old characters with the new kids.

I will be picking up Storm 4 hopefully they conclude the series with that game, I usually read the manga online but i hope to collect all the english volume someday.

I really feel empty inside now fuck i hate this feeling.

THank you kishimoto for this amazing story and characters. Thank you for making my wednesdays/thursday ..Fridays ( one manga days lul ) being enjoyable

Naruto_CH_504__Thank_You____by_iKarl.png

daveo42

Banned
Just finished up with the last two chapters. 699 felt like a good stopping point in general as an actual end to the series outside of missing something referencing Naruto eventually becoming the 7th hokage. The time skip let Kishi have one more go at updated character designs and to show off new ones. Most were good, but some of the choices were...

Moving on, while nice to see everyone grown, we didn't need to get all of the pairings and the amount of cameos in the issue reminds me of how many characters in the series were either entirely forgettable or almost entirely forgotten by Kishi as the manga moved forward. It's not any where near Kubo levels of ditching characters, but it was a highlight. Most of the post-skip pairings made some sense to me at least and I was glad to see Naruto x Hinata happen, since he deserved someone way better than Sakura. Looks like he finally realized that too.

It's an odd feeling that this is finally over. It's not the worst or best final chapter I've read in a manga, but it works okay in the grand scheme of things. I'd probably go with a 'meh' final chapter, with the real end being the final fight between Sasuke and Naruto and the conclusion in 699. Here's hoping the mini-series after doesn't suck and Naruto can be put to rest once and for all after that.

tri_willy

DC if old

Naruto Part 3

Joy to the world! We've all been hoping for it and in Spring 2015, we will be getting it! Naruto Part 3, the sequel to Naruto / Naruto Shippden, has been confirmed and it will focus on the next generation! That's the children of Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke, and others. Part 3 will be a mini-series and not an extensive work like Naruto part 1 and part 2 were. Sheuisha will also print a series of Naruto side story books, beginning with one about Kakashi by Akira Higashiyama, the scriptwriter Naruto Shippuden Movie: Blood Prison. This is all a part of Naruto's New Era Opening Project, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the great manga known as Naruto!

Just finished up with the last two chapters. 699 felt like a good stopping point in general as an actual end to the series outside of missing something referencing Naruto eventually becoming the 7th hokage. The time skip let Kishi have one more go at updated character designs and to show off new ones. Most were good, but some of the choices were...

Moving on, while nice to see everyone grown, we didn't need to get all of the pairings and the amount of cameos in the issue reminds me of how many characters in the series were either entirely forgettable or almost entirely forgotten by Kishi as the manga moved forward. It's not any where near Kubo levels of ditching characters, but it was a highlight. Most of the post-skip pairings made some sense to me at least and I was glad to see Naruto x Hinata happen, since he deserved someone way better than Sakura. Looks like he finally realized that too.

It's an odd feeling that this is finally over. It's not the worst or best final chapter I've read in a manga, but it works okay in the grand scheme of things. I'd probably go with a 'meh' final chapter, with the real end being the final fight between Sasuke and Naruto and the conclusion in 699. Here's hoping the mini-series after doesn't suck and Naruto can be put to rest once and for all after that.

Being both the best and the worst is a speciallity in the Naruto manga.

Mendrox

DC if old

Naruto Part 3

Joy to the world! We've all been hoping for it and in Spring 2015, we will be getting it! Naruto Part 3, the sequel to Naruto / Naruto Shippden, has been confirmed and it will focus on the next generation! That's the children of Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke, and others. Part 3 will be a mini-series and not an extensive work like Naruto part 1 and part 2 were. Sheuisha will also print a series of Naruto side story books, beginning with one about Kakashi by Akira Higashiyama, the scriptwriter Naruto Shippuden Movie: Blood Prison. This is all a part of Naruto's New Era Opening Project, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the great manga known as Naruto!

TL;DR It will never end! Suck it guys!

Uzumaki Goku

DC if old

Naruto Part 3

Well, it's nice to know he no doubt sold out his original ending for the sake of MONEY! Of course, I know.. money talks but... ugh..

Well there still the move to fill in the blanks .
In fact i think that is one of the reason he time skip so far.

Khezu

Hopefully Bolt and Sarada are not just repeats of Naruto and Sakura.
I don't want anymore underdog nonsense, they are the offspring of the two most powerful ninjas ever, they need to be competent out of the gate.

Sarada needs to be more then just clingy girl, and Bolt needs to tone down the goofy, have the assholeness of part 1 Naruto, but a little bit of the cool factor of Sasuke. Let the random third wheel be the goofy comic relief.

Village

Hopefully Bolt and Sarada are not just repeats of Naruto and Sakura.
I don't want anymore underdog nonsense, they are the offspring of the two most powerful ninjas ever, they need to be competent out of the gate.

Sarada needs to be more then just clingy girl, and Bolt needs to tone down the goofy, have the assholeness of part 1 Naruto, but a little bit of the cool factor of Sasuke. Let the random third wheel be the goofy comic relief.

Sarada grows up to be bayonetta

Takes bolt by force and don't take shit from no one.

DedValve

Banned
Well, it's nice to know he no doubt sold out his original ending for the sake of MONEY! Of course, I know.. money talks but... ugh..

was there ever an original ending?

I'm assuming the part where Naruto said after Sasuke killed Danzo that they would die together? I always suspected at least one of them would die not both.

So I haven't read naruto in five to six years but I have been reading these last ten chapters and I never ever imagined they would pay off hinata and naruto
kc05WNj.png

Feels good

Uzumaki Goku

was there ever an original ending?

I'm assuming the part where Naruto said after Sasuke killed Danzo that they would die together? I always suspected at least one of them would die not both.

I'm just having a hard time believing he planned for all the spinoff babies....

Btw in chapter 700 salada says "When it comes to dad its realy shaaaannaro!'
Whats a "shaaaannaro" ????

I think it means damn. Seems Sarada is a daddy's girl lol

This epilogue is going to be as despised as the Harry Potter and Digimon 02 epilogues. I think I've already placed it there.

I'm happy he's Hokage, but there was no reason for Kakashi to be epilogue before Naruto... Kishi did so much to taint this series for me in these last two chapters.

lol nowhere that. The difference is most of the Digimon fanbase hated 02 due to randomly giving everyone digimon, the characters looked bad and their full time jobs came out of nowhere. Harry Potter didn't have a bad ending......it was just so cringeworthy.

The Naruto ending is going down very well unless you're ship was concluded as not real. The one complaint I see a lot and somewhat agree with is that it feels a bit rushed in the sense that so many events are covered in one chapter. The actual conclusion is great and leaves anticipation for the spin off series.

DedValve

Banned
I'm ready for a new generarion of female characters with wasted potential.

I wanna read it just for Sarada alone. On one hand she's a girl. On the other she's
an Uchiha and will no doubt inherit the Rinnegan

Will she be like every other girl obsessed with a boy (she did show that during the epilogue) or will she actually be a badass character?

I'm more worried about Bolts sister. She got only 1 panel and we couldn't even tell what kind of personality she adopted.

daveo42

Banned
and Oda did the same.

I'd like to think that there's some sort of awesome Bakuman level shit going on in the background with this too.

Well there still the move to fill in the blanks .
In fact i think that is one of the reason he time skip so far.

It's not even about the length of the skip, just that the entire ending felt needlessly tacked on. I don't think any level of "blank filling" will change my thoughts on 700.

Frog-fu

Banned
It's gonna be hard to recover from this ending, especially considering how bad it was.

Oh, well, at least there's still One Piece.

Time to get the avatar bets over with. Do your worst, cunts.

Btw in chapter 700 salada says "When it comes to dad its realy shaaaannaro!'
Whats a "shaaaannaro" ????

It's just a verbal tick. She doesn't quite know what to say. It's supposed to be cute and endearing.

I think it means damn. Seems Sarada is a daddy's girl lol

lol nowhere that. The difference is most of the Digimon fanbase hated 02 due to randomly giving everyone digimon, the characters looked bad and their full time jobs came out of nowhere. Harry Potter didn't have a bad ending......it was just so cringeworthy.

The Naruto ending is going down very well unless you're ship was concluded as not real. The one complaint I see a lot and somewhat agree with is that it feels a bit rushed in the sense that so many events are covered in one chapter. The actual conclusion is great and leaves anticipation for the spin off series.

That is what the movie is for , you can see it was always part of the plan.

Namikaze1

It's gonna be hard to recover from this ending, especially considering how bad it was.

Oh, well, at least there's still One Piece.

Time to get the avatar bets over with. Do your worst, cunts.

It's just a verbal tick. She doesn't quite know what to say. It's supposed to be cute and endearing.
Someone will probably make a picture of Hinata carrying Naruto while stepping on a defeated Sakura so that it could be your avatar.

Shit. I just gave someone an idea for free. Fuck.

Davedough

Ok, so I'm confused. I don't follow all the other sites and news and everything.. I just read the manga.

I get there's a movie and there's a mini-series coming in 2015. Am I also reading that there's going to be another manga coming that takes place in the same universe? What was that little blurb at the very end with Naruto's picture and saying "A new manga by..." <-- don't have the name in front of me.

Namikaze1

Ok, so I'm confused. I don't follow all the other sites and news and everything.. I just read the manga.

I get there's a movie and there's a mini-series coming in 2015. Am I also reading that there's going to be another manga coming that takes place in the same universe? What was that little blurb at the very end with Naruto's picture and saying "A new manga by..." <-- don't have the name in front of me.
It's for a manga that will take Naruto's (the manga) place now that Naruto is over.

CassSept

Chapter 700 was stupid, over half of it was roll call of children and everyone ended up with each other. Inbreeding yay, it's like Harry Potter but worse.

Alas, it's over. I didn't follow Naruto for nearly 150 chapters but it still feels nostalgic. Here we are, it's over...

Yeah I know there is going to be part 3 (e: so the 'part 3' will be a mini-series?), but seeing Naruto in a Hokage garb is a weird feeling :D

Yado

I wanna read it just for Sarada alone. On one hand she's a girl. On the other she's
an Uchiha and will no doubt inherit the Rinnegan

Will she be like every other girl obsessed with a boy (she did show that during the epilogue) or will she actually be a badass character?

I'm more worried about Bolts sister. She got only 1 panel and we couldn't even tell what kind of personality she adopted.

It's too late. Sarada has already set her sights on Bolt.

Khezu

I don't really mind the ending.
Nothing really offensively bad about it, except for a lot of the side characters kids look stupid.

It does feel a bit empty and sudden, but I wont really judge it until I see the movie, and the mini series.

KanameYuuki

Man this was a long ride, there were some highs and a good bunch of lows, I hate how this was so rushed but 699 had me on the verge of tears.

At least 700 gave us a good disclosure about most of the topics, and I actually like Salada a lot she looks like a fun character, she is already better than Sakura lol.

BurritoxSalada OTP

Welp, now I feel kinda empty haha, I guess I'll try to get into One Piece. Bleach and Fairy Tail didn't do it for me.

I don't think it was bad at all. I liked it in fact. It did it's job well and was entertaining. That's all I needed.

Thanks kishi for the 15 years of Naruto.

wmlk

It's really sinking in now.

Just watched episode 380 on CR. Kushina and Minato always get me...and then the ending sequence.

This feels so bad.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The more i re-read these chapters, the more i think the manga should had ended on 699 with a 3-4 page epilogue showing Naruto as Hokage and the Sauce.

Pein

Banned
It's really sinking in now.

Just watched episode 380 on CR. Kushina and Minato always get me...and then the ending sequence.

This feels so bad.

honestly, I never felt bad for Obito until his past was animated. That feeling of loss is conveyed so much better in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom