• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Man, I just keep nailing these predictions. Not even predictions, really, just obvious clues.

Me: Naruto's arm is all wrapped up in the movie, something's obviously going to happen to it in the Sasuke fight.

You guys: You're reading too much into it. It's just for fashion.

Me: Guys, it's called "Start of a New Era Project". Obviously, they're prepping us for another new time-skip manga.

You guys: Nope, the movie is called "The Last". You're just in denial.

Me: Guys, Hinata and Naruto are definitely going to hook up. It's been hinted since forever.

Small desperate minority of you guys: Minato gave Sakura his blessing!

lol

wmlk

honestly, I never felt bad for Obito until his past was animated. That feeling of loss is conveyed so much better in the show.

Screw Obito. Naruto's origin story is better than anything in the whole manga.

I don't like how Madara is involved with Obito's past and the whole manipulation thing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Man, I just keep nailing these predictions. Not even predictions, really, just obvious clues.

Me: Naruto's arm is all wrapped up in the movie, something's obviously going to happen to it in the Sasuke fight.

You guys: You're reading too much into it. It's just for fashion.

Me: Guys, it's called "Start of a New Era Project". Obviously, they're prepping us for another new time-skip manga.

You guys: Nope, the movie is all there is going to be.

Me: Guys, Hinata and Naruto are definitely going to hook up. It's been hinted since forever.

Small desperate minority of you guys: Minato gave Sakura his blessing!

lol

Please use some people and not you guys

Man this was a long ride, there were some highs and a good bunch of lows, I hate how this was so rushed but 699 had me on the verge of tears.

At least 700 gave us a good disclosure about most of the topics, and I actually like Salada a lot she looks like a fun character, she is already better than Sakura lol.

BurritoxSalada OTP

Welp, now I feel kinda empty haha, I guess I'll try to get into One Piece. Bleach and Fairy Tail didn't do it for me.
One Piece was my second favorite series after Naruto growing up. I only stopped because Toonami was taken off the air for awhile. Great series I need to get back into.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I don't like how Madara is involved with Obito's past and the whole manipulation thing.
You thought this t was madara when all along it was me, Dio!

ghstwrld

the timeskip in particular is such a cop-out

it allows kishi to not address a lot of the ESSENTIAL questions the story has been dealing with from since the beginning

any kind of actual answer or conclusion to kishi's thoughts on the impacted filth of generational decay, of the ninja system's institutional problems are almost COMPLETELY glossed over

WTF

Tobi before the Obito reveal was a great villain. A cold, calculating, and methodical individual that had an air of mystery. He lost his edge after the reveal.

Madara was godly when he was revealed and he quickly became my favorite villian. Kishi could've made the manipulation more complex but what's done is done.

It's over, finally. 15 years ago I first read about Naruto in some random magazine I forgot the name of in a grocery mart, and thinking "oh this sounds cool!" 3 years later I'm reading it in the first Shonen Jump released in America, and now as an adult it's finally ending. Even though the quality dropped off to me, I'm still kind of sad to see it end since it was such a big part of my teenage/adult life.I actually kind of want a part 3 now, even though I have no idea where the story can go if there is a part 3.
I mean Naruto and company beat a shinobi god and there is complete peace now. Who could possibly serve as a new antagonist while seeming like an actual threat?

Mecha

the timeskip in particular is such a cop-out

it allows kishi to not address a lot of the ESSENTIAL questions the story has been dealing with from since the beginning

any kind of actual answer or conclusion to kishi's thoughts on the impacted filth of generational decay, of the ninja system's institutional problems are almost COMPLETELY glossed over

WTF

It seems to be a common thing to do with battle shounen. I felt like the pacing of the last chapter was pretty terrible too, as it was trying to touch on so many characters.

EhoaVash

tumblr_nekpxseIzk1roiq4mo1_500.jpg

so how come this art wasn't used in chapter 700?? ..or is this art from the Last Movie ?? or ..is this just fanart D: ?

DedValve

Banned
Meh. "You guys" know who you are.

you guys sounds like a gross over generalization since a lot of people in this thread has been pretty much on point with how the ending was going to happen pre-leaks and all.
"those guys" even predicted the disappointment and divisive epilogue!

The epilogue should have been left for the miniseries. It was too rushed as is.

Yeah for all the ideological shit Kishi tried to pull in Part 2, this ending reflected none of that.

Why have an ending structured around actual characters and their relationships when we barely got any of that in the actual series? Karui and Chouji? When? Shino becoming an instructor? Out of nowhere.

If Kishi had focused on actual character development instead of the trite hatred cycle bullshit then this ending would make a lot more sense.

you guys sounds like a gross over generalization since a lot of people in this thread has been pretty much on point with how the ending was going to happen pre-leaks and all.
"those guys" even predicted the disappointment and divisive epilogue!

The epilogue should have been left for the miniseries. It was too rushed as is.

The movie is part of the epilogue and that was the plan all along so it's not like everything finish.

And wish Oda would learn from kishi in many areas of the art depart ment

The faces of jeez

Oda art style is just fine. It's based on old western cartoons like Popeye.

Seriously just compare Nami and Nico Robin developmet under Oda. With how Sakura, Hinata and Ten ten were treated by Kishimoto.

Straight up disgraceful.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Nice conclusion to a great manga. Second part was way worse than first part, and that last fight was really dragging, I guess they really wanted to end it at n°700; but satisfying conclusion by manga standards.

Seriously just compare Nami and Nico Robin developmet under Oda. With how Sakura, Hinata and Ten ten were treated by Kishimoto.

Straight up disgraceful.

The problem that happen with Naruto is that in part 2 is he hardly do anything with his characters .

Straight up disgraceful.

People also had the audacity to compare Sakura to Asuna from SAO.

No.

GTFO.

Raxus

Both of you calm down and don't turn this into a fanboy war. Clearly both Oda and Kishimoto respect each other greatly that they referenced each others works. Now long time Naruto readers can check out One Piece if they haven't already and One Piece fans can delve into Naruto.

Village

God no, I can write up a paper on that shit. He does Monsters and animals very well.

But humans, eh.... when they are greatly exaggerated sure. But a lot of them just look samey, to the point in black in white characters strait up look like other characters.

Every time I read one piece

Artist Village: Oda Pls

God no, I can write up a paper on that shit. He does Monsters and animals very well.

But humans, eh.... when they are greatly exaggerated sure. But a lot of them just look samey, to the point in black in white characters strait up look like other characters.

Every time I read one piece

Artist Village: Oda Pls

This is far from truth maybe for females but male character so easy to tell apart .

People also had the audacity to compare Sakura to Asuna from SAO.

No.

GTFO.

Compare in what ways ?
Cause they really have nothing in common IMO.

I liked the ending. It was really rushed and I dont feel much closure but I'm happy for Naruto. Hes finally got everything hes wanted after working hard.

I feel empty and I'm gonna miss this a lot :(

Cant wait for the movie and the mini series on Spring.

Both of you calm down and don't turn this into a fanboy war. Clearly both Oda and Kishimoto respect each other greatly that they referenced each others works. Now long time Naruto readers can check out One Piece if they haven't already and One Piece fans can delve into Naruto.

Has nothing to do with fan boy Wars. Both One piece and Naruto are both Shonen mangas that play to the same audience. But one treats it's female characters and by extension it's female readers with respect and the other doesn't.

CDiggity

I don't know why people are complaining about some of the pairings. From what I can tell in the Naruto universe, there are 2 guys for every girl, so naturally some of the outcomes will be strange.

Dahbomb

let's try this again

lwwT0zH.png
IT's full of circle of poetry.

Liked the ending more than I thought I would. Everything was tied up a bit too nicely but it's all good.

Random question but who was Kiba chilling out with? And who did Rock Lee bone to get that kid?

Could not care less about the mini series. The series is done for me.

Epcott

(Grabs kleenex)

Decent ending. Just a question or two...
When everyone recovers from Mugen-Tsukuyomi pea pods, theres a figure that looks like Tobi that disolves. Is that White Zetsu, thought to have been killed by Sasuke at the summit? Or mearly Obito's lifeless/empty husk?

And about Sarada, she adjusts her glasses like Karin, stalks Bolt/Baruto like Karin stalking Sasuke, even has a slight gleam in her eye like her. Is it possible that she's Karin's, and for whatever reason, Karin is out of the picture, and Sasuke married Sakura (who takes in Sarada as her own)?

Heh heh probably not!

Looking forward to Naruto 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom