• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

He didn't killed Nagato, in doing that his actions spoke louder than his words. If he had killed Nagato right there Konan would avenge him, and things would probably escalate into a Rain Village and Konoha war. He stopped that circle of hatred right there.

No thats not it.
Nagato entrusted naruto with that just before dying.

The answer is: Kishimoto probably forgot about that. lol

quality writing.

There is something that was never explained that I can remember, who the hell is Konohamaru's father?

We don't know much about Tsunade's parents. A pure Senju/Uzumaki hybrid yet seem to be Nawaki levels of garbage for him to not even be mentioned. Tobirama didn't ha any kids neither but he was hit by the white hair curse, destined to be shipless

Niks

I keep seeing people ask this like it was supposed to be some definite thing. By maintaining balance between the villages and unifying them, cooperating with the other shinobi and his ability to get people on his side Naruto is slowly making their world a better place.

It's not some magic button he can find and press to make people stop killing each other. It's about passing on good values to the next generation to prevent the situations that caused the malice in theirs.

Given the fact the main character was asked directly about it after one of the series most important fights, and said character said he would find the answer somehow.... it pretty lazy to just "assume" the reader would figure it out? and never mention it again?

Given the fact the main character was asked directly about it after one of the series most important fights, and said character said he would find the answer somehow.... it pretty lazy to just "assume" the reader would figure it out? and never mention it again?

There's no much to said, Jiraiya wanted to end the circle of hatred. He believed it would end when people finally understood each other. Naruto was able to use chakra to make people share their feelings via fist bump/touch so they get their point of view. Years later the often tense meetings between the different kages are like a bunch of friends hanging out.

Nah just people salty about shipping. Naruto is Hokage, I'm happy with the ending =)
me too! Not only that the skip had so much stuff that I just want to see more of. I want to see what sasuke's girl is like, I want to see these kids FIGHT in chunin exams. I want to see konohamaru be a sensei. I want to see naruto do awesome shit.

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Khezu

I wish we got to see what happened to Karin.
I wish she stayed around leaf village and become friends/siblings with Naruto.

brinstar

Naruto's answer to Nagato was that he would not change. He would continue to believe in what Jiraiya believed in. We see Naruto making friends with, and saving the ass of shinobi of ALL countries during the war. The nine tails' chakra lets the entire alliance share his feelings. He tells Sasuke he wants the cooperation of all shinobi. In the epilogue, the Kages are getting along and Tenten even says things are a lot more peaceful.

There is no definite solution for world peace, but I think it's pretty clear that Naruto has changed a lot of the shinobi world just by being Naruto

I'm warming up to it over time, but I think Kishi wanting/needing to end it on 700 didn't do the series justice. The war needed to be unpacked far beyond a single chapter and Sasuke doing a monologue. With more actual chapters to help wrap up and give closure to the main story and major characters, I would have been happier with the epilogue as given because all the focus on kids wouldn't have come at the expense of everything else. Ideally the epilogue would have been longer too though.

Frog-fu

Banned
Come to think of it, Naruto totally did not achieve the wife that he told his dad that he would get. Hinata is nothing like his mom.

Hence why I firmly believe Kishimoto simply changed his mind after Road to Ninja for whatever reason. Naruto being like Jiraiya and Obito and Sakura being like Tsunade and Rin also never amounted to anything. The worst part is that they didn't even interact. In fact, Sakura straight up ignored him when she arrived, and he gave up on pursuing her off panel. No closure whatsoever. I wonder what the Japanese readership thinks of that since NaruSaku is roughly the same size as the NaruHina fandom in Japan, if not bigger (or so I've been told).

I thought you said she gave up drawing forever after the ending came out?

Apparently she came out of her funk and this will her last tribute. She got a lot of love from the NS fanbase, I guess that did it.

Nice. She is very talented. It would be great if she gives every character a proper ending including the forgotten ones.

I think she'll mainly focus on Naruto and Sakura, but yeah, I agree. I hope she'll include the other characters.

Niks

Nah just people salty about shipping. Naruto is Hokage, I'm happy with the ending =)

You are easy to please I guess....

I expected a return of the king (LotR) style scene appointing Naruto hokage, more team 7 interaction, even iruka and naruto eating ramen, even Naruto and Hinata in the same frame.... instead we got a bunch of kids from made up couples just to set up the "NEXT THING" (Kishi likes his money).

360pages

There should have been one more chapter to build up to 700. Like showing more of the side characters, like Oro and Kabuto and to see how everyone is doing and moving on.

Though, all of this is probably being saved for the movie.

rrc1594

You are easy to please I guess....

I expected a return of the king (LotR) style scene appointing Naruto hokage, more team 7 interaction, even iruka and naruto eating ramen, even Naruto and Hinata in the same frame.... instead we got a bunch of kids from made up couples just to set up the "NEXT THING" (Kishi likes his money).

this.

brinstar

I definitely agree that there should've been one last ramen meetup with Naruto and Iruka. I did really enjoy that panel of Iruka looking up at Naruto as he lectured his son. I thought that said a lot on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom