• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

EhoaVash

arrg every few hours the thought that Naruto just ended just keeps hitting me
I'm trying to get rid of this weird empty feeling ..but it wont' go away

really feels like my best friend just moved away =/

Frog-fu

Banned
Let me guess, it'll be a NaruSaku ending?

Obviously. Like it should have been. She can't very well rewrite the entire manga to give NaruHina the development it should have been given.

and it will burn her knowing that each line she draws is a lie, knowing it will never be canon.

This is unnecessarily cuntish on your part.

Even outside of a pairing perspective, that ending was well and truly terrible. I've already seen a bunch of fan art that directly contradict it to make a point, and in time we'll probably seem more elaborate efforts.

I haven't seen an ending this despised by the fandom since Harry Potter.

Obviously. Like it should have been. She can't very well rewrite the entire manga to give NaruHina the development it should have been given.

Even outside of a pairing perspective, that ending was well and truly terrible. I've already seen a bunch of fan art that directly contradict it to make a point, and in time we'll probably seem more elaborate efforts.

I haven't seen an ending this despise by the fandom since Harry Potter.

Pfft, at least it answers some questions. I'm still bitter about Negima's myself.

FZZ

Banned
I haven't seen an ending this despise by the fandom since Harry Potter.

Depends on which side of the fandom you're on. I predicted SasuSaku and NaruHina a while back. I don't despise the ending at all because of the pairings, if anything there's just a bunch of missing info on what happened to everyone. Overall I'm very satisfied with the ending.

Not

Banned
Great ending. I've been following the Manga regularly since late 2005, and damn if I'm not satisfied. I also liked the Harry Potter ending. Y'all whiners

There, Kakashi finally unmasked

rhFkcbB.jpg

hahaha

I'm just happy we got NaruHina and Hokage Naruto. That made the ending amazing for me IMO

LadyGT should be making teenage Salad x Bolt fan comics. I'd read that.

Frog-fu

Banned
Pfft, at least it answers some questions. I'm still bitter about Negima's myself.

Didn't that get a sequel?

Depends on which side of the fandom you're on. I predicted SasuSaku and NaruHina a while back. I don't despise the ending at all because of the pairings, if anything there's just a bunch of missing info on what happened to everyone. Overall I'm very satisfied with the ending.

The majority of the fandom doesn't seem to give a shit about the pairings at all. aWherever I look, the majority of readers seem disappointed.

Welfare

UQ Holder! :)

And Frog-fu, it wasn't going to happen. Sakura for the entire manga has been wanting Sasuke, not Naruto. Even after all he did to her, she never gave up on him. Naruto knows this, and if Sasuke actually did return feelings for Sakura, Naruto is going to "give up" on that front.

I doubt it would be IC of Naruto to keep his feelings for her and want to pursue a relationship if his best friend wanted the girl that didn't want Naruto.

Didn't that get a sequel?

Yep, which so far, has answered few to no questions. Heck, we still don't know how exactly the entire plat with his dad was resolved, nor the fate of Negi's mother, or who mothered his own child or children. It was like the entire last third the series was cut, and UQ holder skips ahead decades.

Zeroth

Great ending. I've been following the Manga regularly since late 2005, and damn if I'm not satisfied. I also liked the Harry Potter ending. Y'all whiners

I look forward for Kishimoto to say in 10 years:

"I wrote the Naruto/Hinata relationship as a form of salvaging Naruto's life from the wreck that was Sakura. That's how it was conceived, really," Kishimoto says in the interview. "For reasons that have very little to do with some "perceived" "plot" and far more to do with me accepting my original intent as I first imagined it, Naruto ended up with Hinata."
"I know, I'm sorry," he adds. "I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of satiating some insane fans. Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope so."
And what did the fictional Hiashi have to say about all this? He agrees!
"I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Sakura would have really been able to make Naruto happy," Kishimoto says in the interview."

Sorry NaruSaku fans.

and it will burn her knowing that each line she draws is a lie, knowing it will never be canon.
Not necessarily. It isn't explicitly said that Naruto married Hinata and Sakura married Sasuke. The only thing that is confirmed is Bolt is Naruto's son. Himawari is Hinata's daughter and Salad is Sakura's daughter. But do I believe that NaruHina and SasuSaku didn't happen and the kids aren't from both of them? No.

Just saying that the fandom can still dream doing whatever they want with the gaps.

Khezu

Bolt Sarada is basically NaruHina NaruSasu and NaruSaku all bundled into one ship.

Everyone wins, now stop being weird on the internet.

Not necessarily. It isn't explicitly said that Naruto married Hinata and Sakura married Sasuke. The only thing that is confirmed is Bolt is Naruto's son. Himawari is Hinata's daughter and Salad is Sakura's daughter. But do I believe that NaruHina and SasuSaku didn't happen and the kids aren't from both of them? No.

Just saying that the fandom can still dream doing whatever they want with the gaps.

man thats some strong denial
look at Himawaris face and despair
Narutos trademark whiskers

I'm satisfied with the ending. Naruto seems a lot more mature now. All that's left is The Last and Shippuden

Edit: WHEN'S KAKASHI'S FACE KISHI

damisa

Don't kid yourself, only crazy narusaku fans hate the ending. I thought it was pretty good and most people like it.

man thats some strong denial
look at Himawaris face and despair
Narutos trademark whiskers

Yep.

They are their sons. I already said that here. I'm saying that they (the fandom) can still dream because Kishi didn't killed them putting NaruHina and SasuSaku all together like a family in the chapter. He didn't even put Naruto/Hinata, Sasuke/Sakura talking to each other.

jwk94

Who is LadyGT and why does the feel the need to draw an alternate ending? Actually, what's the point in drawing an alternate ending if it won't be canon? What do you gain from doing that besides some heavy denial?

I-hate-u

I can't believe people still can't drop the Sakura x Naruto thing.

I know right. I think it was pretty obvious they weren't going to end together from episode 100 of the first season.

Why did people put so much stock in that ship? Sakura is a terrible partner for Naruto anyway, imo.

Don't kid yourself, only crazy narusaku fans hate the ending. I thought it was pretty good and most people like it.

Nah, it was pretty terrible man. Just the fact that they barely showed Naruto as Hokage after all these damn years of him screaming about it makes this ending a moist pile of horse ass.

Hopefully the anime fleshes out all of this....

I agree, everything just over too fast, but I don't have a problem at all with the ending. Naruto is cool and armless, and the new Hokage.

And his kids look absolutely awesome IMO. Hinata is perfect, and Sasuke's kid is chasing bolt around!

I find it charming...Just too short, but it's clear that Kishi is not done telling Naruto stories, so I'm ok with that. 700 is the conclusion of Naruto's main goal of becoming Hokage, it's not the end of the story.

The ending was on par with...how the story has been since Naruto beat Pain. Super lazy and slapped together. I don't see how you can get through the ninja war arc and think that the ending is all of a sudden a giant drop in quality.

Turok_TTZ

You're still...? Let it go bro. Didn't you lose an avatar bet? Accept your crushing defeat.

I think with chapter 700

this http://imgur.com/a/gc6Cc is more relevant now than ever. Hiashi wins, flawless victory.

Like NaruHina needed any more reasons to be canon. Kishi did Naruto justice. This Eugenics Conspiracy is icing on the cake.

It really went according to plan :')

Yado

Nah, it was pretty terrible man. Just the fact that they barely showed Naruto as Hokage after all these damn years of him screaming about it makes this ending a moist pile of horse ass.

That's because Kishi cared more about Naruto chasing Sasuke than chasing his dream. After the Sasuke issue was resolved the manga was basically "welp, that's that"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom