• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what has bad writing? Road to Ninja. Yet I kept hearing about how Kishimoto was involved, it hinted towards a certain pairing and we should bow down to it because that must mean it's canon

You guys are like Sasuke level subborn

360pages

The ending sucked not because of the pairing, but once chapter 699 was done it pretty much just clapped its hands and was finished with no build up to the time skip.

Also, you guys could always play Revolution to get your mind off of the game.

orochi91

This doesn't feel like an ending.

It feels like a segue to another story, which it basically is.

That mini-series will probably expand beyond its initial scope depending on reception.

Going back and reading the first few chapters. There's some nice foreshadowing going on.

Chapter 4:

ZjXgBVE.jpg

Chapter 6:

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Salad has glasses yet both Sasuke and sakura seem to have good eyesight...

Salad isn't Sakura's biological daughter.

Turok_TTZ

That is kinda cruel to say tbh.
Truth hurts. Cruel for some, Amusing as hell for others.
I agree with most of this

It's kinda of a long text. It's a criticism regarding the bad things of this ending. No, it doesn't focus on couples.

This is what the NaruSaku should be complaining about rather than crying about having their disastrous, disgusting pairing of NaruSaku ship sunk to the deep like the titanic.

It is what it is. There is much to complain but I remember Kishimoto is not Sorachi. He isn't Oda. Not Akamatsu and especially not Togashi. Naruto is a shounen series. I appreciate his storytelling though he isn't a great storyteller.

Not every mangaka is perfect. At least Kishi got some things right though. Like NaruHina. Itachi. Might Gai. Kishi is flawed. but I think in time he will learn from his mistakes... Or not. there is a reason why Oda, Togashi and Akamatsu are ahead of him imo.

Salad has glasses yet both Sasuke and sakura seem to have good eyesight...

Salad isn't Sakura's biological daughter.

My father had glasses and none of his other siblings nor parents needed them.

Conversely, I didn't need glasses for a very long time, and everyone else in the family did.

It happens.

I-hate-u

Anyone watch episode 370? My God, the quality is really awful, and has been awful for a couple of past episodes . I really hope its because they are dumping all their resources into the Madara and Kaguya battles.

Pein

Banned
Anyone watch episode 370? My God, the quality is really awful, and has been awful for a couple of past episodes . I really hope its because they are dumping all their resources into the Madara and Kaguya battles.

well in 5 episodes you're treated to one of the best fights in the series

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure it wasn't even a whole chapters worth of an episode.

Edit. Thought you were talking about the latest episode

Turok_TTZ

Pfft, at least it answers some questions. I'm still bitter about Negima's myself.

I caught this. I hate you. You reminded me... of my darkest hour. I can deal with a lot of things irl but how Negima was ended too soon? I was crushed. I was in fucking tears.

Thank god for UQ Holder! Still holding out hope, no matter how slim it is, of getting some questions answered.
I just gotta believe...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Truth hurts. Cruel for some, Amusing as hell for others.

This is what the NaruSaku should be complaining about rather than crying about having their disastrous, disgusting pairing of NaruSaku ship sunk to the deep like the titanic.

It is what it is. There is much to complain but I remember Kishimoto is not Sorachi. He isn't Oda. Not Akamatsu and especially not Togashi. Naruto is a shounen series. I appreciate his storytelling though he isn't a great storyteller.

Not every mangaka is perfect. At least Kishi got some things right though. Like NaruHina. Itachi. Might Gai. Kishi is flawed. but I think in time he will learn from his mistakes... Or not. there is a reason why Oda, Togashi and Akamatsu are ahead of him imo.

I don't understand why it matters so much to you what they're doing.

In any media, fans will do as they please and canon has never stopped anyone from anything. If you thought because your ship became canon the others were magically going to stop, you're foolish. Avatar the last airbender is enough proof you should need.

It's honestly pretty scary that some of you are sitting around laughing and mocking people for doing what they enjoy. You sound like psychopaths tbh. All because of shipping? Pfft, y'all need to grow the fuck up and move on.

I think it's because all the so called ships in this series are absolute ASS when compared to other series that people cling so desperately and make excuses. The only one that isn't so WTF worthy and disgusting is Shikamaru and Temari. If you think otherwise, reconsider. IRL none of these ships would fly. One involves a dude getting with his lifelong stalker, the other is abusive, etc. It's a joke.

That so many lash out and get defensive over something like this is not funny. It's sad. And the people mocking them are gross. Get a life and stop meddling in others.

Edit: yes I'm talking to every last one of you doing it. You're being childish and embarrassing yourselves. Who the fuck laughs at people over this shit? Fuck are you guys? Elementary?

360pages

In any media, fans will do as they please and canon has never stopped anyone from anything. If you thought because your ship became canon the others were magically going to stop, you're foolish. Avatar the last airbender is enough proof you should need.

It's honestly pretty scary that some of you are sitting around laughing and mocking people for doing what they enjoy. You sound like psychopaths tbh. All because of shipping? Pfft, y'all need to grow the fuck up and move on.

I think it's because all the so called ships in this series are absolute ASS when compared to other series that people cling so desperately and make excuses. The only one that isn't so WTF worthy and disgusting is Shikamaru and Temari. If you think otherwise, reconsider. IRL none of these ships would fly. One involves a dude getting with his lifelong stalker, the other is abusive, etc. It's a joke.

That so many lash out and get defensive over something like this is not funny. It's sad. And the people mocking them are gross. Get a life and stop meddling in others.

I agree, though I do wish she drew something original and for herself, but if she wants to draw something for fun let her do it. Gods knows I'm not doing anything other than trying to write a novel in 30 days and my water pump keeps exploding.

I honestly wished I had half of the drawing talent she does and this will be great practice for her.

Eh, I don't really care for ships in this manga because the writing is awful. However, I think Naruto and Sakura are more likely than any of the others.

Definitely more than the abusive, piece of crap pairing that is Sasuke with Sakura.

haha

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I agree, though I do wish she drew something original and for herself, but if she wants to draw something for fun let her do it. Gods knows I'm not doing anything other than trying to write a novel in 30 days and my water pump keeps exploding.

I honestly wished I had half of the drawing talent she does and this will be great practice for her.

Who are you talking about? (Lol sorry I haven't been reading the topic)

DryEyeRelief

I don't like the ship bro. Never have never will (how can I when I dislike Naruto?). And my dislike for SS is because of abuse. The fuck is funny about abuse?

Try harder, pls.

Edit: come on how can anyone have seen an abuse ship coming? I hoped better is all. *sigh*

Turok_TTZ

Edit: yes I'm talking to every last one of you doing it. You're being childish and embarrassing yourselves. Who the fuck laughs at people over this shit? Fuck are you guys? Elementary?

Congratulations, You broke the mold.
And here I thought there was nothing here but mindless shippers and connoisseurs of bad writing.

I would give you an internet high five but this post was needed days ago. especially during the leaks. No high five or cookie for you.

360pages

Who are you talking about? (Lol sorry I haven't been reading the topic)

DryEyeRelief

I don't like the ship bro. Never have never will (how can I when I dislike Naruto?). And my dislike for SS is because of abuse. The fuck is funny about abuse?

Try harder, pls.

LadyGT.

I do think people go too far and sometimes say some stupid ass stuff that can be funny, but if she wants to draw something and actually work on it, then more power to her. Though she could easily be a comic artist for herself if she wanted to.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Congratulations, You broke the mold.
And here I thought there was nothing here but mindless shippers and connoisseurs of bad writing.

I would give you an internet high five but this post was needed days ago. especially during the leaks. No high five or cookie for you.

Sorry I'm late haha (I actually forget about the series often cuz I haven't been into for years. It's something to get used to again I guess)

LadyGT.

I do think people go too far and sometimes say some stupid ass stuff that can be funny, but if she wants to draw something and actually work on it, then more power to her. Though she could easily be a comic artist for herself if she wanted to.

I'm not familiar with her, but that's pretty sad. I mean, if it makes her feel better, bless her but if she's that good, I agree with you, she could put her talent to something that will help her flourish.

I don't know anyone who likes Naruto on Tumblr so I have no idea how bad things got but I do really dislike how people treat fans of anything. Jesus, it's a hobby. Long as they aren't hurting anyone or doing anything questionable, leave them be.

One thing someone pointed out to me

When Naruto arrives Bolt had just finished up putting Graffiti on Kakashis face. No son of Naruto would draw on Narutos face first and then run all the way to the firsts face and gone from there, its inefficient. If he painted narutos face first then he wouldve worked backwards. He wouldnt have gone to tsunade, gone to naruto, then back to kakashi.
Naruto tells Bolt "im GOING to be late" but still arrives late to the meeting
Naruto helps Bolt graffiti his own face.

Naruto was Dragon Ball, Shippuden is Z (big energy blasts pew pew) and the New Era will be GT, complete with Sasuke growing a mustache but shaving it because Salada will tell him he looks like a total geek.

Turok_TTZ

Sorry I'm late haha (I actually forget about the series often cuz I haven't been into for years. It's something to get used to again I guess)

This was for the better imo. Especially considering how things turned out. So much lack of development amongst other things.

This is why I highlight criticizing the Author for the story as a whole rather than cry about shippings because there is so much more problems than just the shipping but most shippers don't realize this.

I enjoy naruto for what it was but that ending though satisfying in some aspects, is a very botched ending all the same.

360pages

I'm not familiar with her, but that's pretty sad. I mean, if it makes her feel better, bless her but if she's that good, I agree with you, she could put her talent to something that will help her flourish.

I don't know anyone who likes Naruto on Tumblr so I have no idea how bad things got but I do really dislike how people treat fans of anything. Jesus, it's a hobby. Long as they aren't hurting anyone or doing anything questionable, leave them be.

Yeah, this is just a page.

http://ladygt.deviantart.com/art/Narusaku-Doujinshi-After-the-war-P1-452785822

Though it's not a lot on there, and I can understand not wanting to do a whole lot since I can imagine drawing can be pretty harder, even harder with a deadline.

360pages

I thought you didn't care about the pairings

I think they are more upset about the message Sakura/Sasuke sends to teenagers and those about romance. (Abuse is okay, they always will come back/ they will change sooner or later no matter what)

I don't like Sakura and outside of Sasuke desgin, I think he's a shit character, so those two ending up toghther is fine by me. But I can see why people can get the wrong message from that pair. Especially teenagers or younger people who look to their media as somewhat of an outlet on how to treat people

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I thought you didn't care about the pairings

It's truly not about the pairings for me. It is more about an abuse relationship being put in an acceptable light in a kids manga. That's why I refer to the situation more than the characters unless necessary. I can refer to Shikamaru and Temari because they don't have anything negative about them.

For reference, back in 2007, I was pretty involved in Naruto fandom and I often saw SS shippers say his treatment of her wasn't abusive and he hit her because he loved her. They even tried using RL abuse examples to excuse the abuse patterns. It was unbelievable!

If that happened then, it sure as hell can now... that's what bugs me most.

TBH I think Sasuke stays at Konoha with Sakura / Salad but goes on frequent missions. Naruto is secretly trying to tear that family apart by sending Sasuke away all the time.

I think they are more upset about the message Sakura/Sasuke sends to teenagers and those about romance. (Abuse is okay, they always will come back/ they will change sooner or later no matter what)

I don't like Sakura and outside of Sasuke desgin, I think he's a shit character, so those two ending up toghther is fine by me. But I can see why people can get the wrong message from that pair. Especially teenagers or younger people who look to their media as somewhat of an outlet on how to treat people

Would we really be talking about this if Sasuke was paired up with Karin, which basically sends the same messages? In fact, has been sending the same messages for quite a while now? Nope.

Turok_TTZ

Honestly, I think Sasuke got so lucky just because he is Kishi's' favorite. the pardons I can accept. Sakura taking him back? hahaha... no.
Too bad for the sakura fans Kishi is a bastard towards sakura.

And yes to the posts above, Sasuke pairing with ANYONE would send a bad message.
But it's Kishi's manga and he will do w/e he sees fit. be thankful it is over.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Would we really be talking about this if Sasuke was paired up with Karin, who basically sends the same messages? In fact, has been sending the same messages for quite a while now?

The difference between that relationship and this one is that Karin made it known she enjoys it like that. Sakura often voiced how much it hurt to have him treat her that way.

Both pairings disgust me, but a mutual volatile relationship is business between the two in it. Ugh, I don't like either at all...

Okay, I'll just be honest, they both sicken me. Mutual violence loving or otherwise, they're gross and minimize the abuse.

360pages

Would we really be talking about this if Sasuke was paired up with Karin, which basically sends the same messages? In fact, has been sending the same messages for quite a while now? Nope.

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't want Karin to end up with Sasuke anyway honestly, either Naruto or someone else.

At the same time, my pair won, I might have been super salty if Sakura/Naruto won, who knows.

Though Sasuke, legit fucked Karin over, I honestly would describe that as an abusive relationship, because they were at least on the same team when he did that.

He somewhat had an excuse to treat Sakura like that, because he stated he cut all ties with her and she was an enemy, any thought of a couple or friends came from Sakura.

So yeah, Sasuke was super abusive to Karin.

TBH I think Sasuke stays at Konoha with Sakura / Salad but goes on frequent missions. Naruto is secretly trying to tear that family apart by sending Sasuke away all the time.
As if he would care when he has best girl and his two beautiful children waiting for him back at home.

wait

her name is salad?

lmao

best chapter ever. It's like Kishi used those online image morphs to make up the designs on the other kids.He particularly gave up on naruto's kids hairstyles.

Zoe

Don't kid yourself, only crazy narusaku fans hate the ending. I thought it was pretty good and most people like it.

So good there has to be a movie to justify everything.

Who is LadyGT and why does the feel the need to draw an alternate ending? Actually, what's the point in drawing an alternate ending if it won't be canon? What do you gain from doing that besides some heavy denial?

Fanart? Fanfiction? Maybe you've heard of one of those?

Creative people enjoy being creative. Some of these fans have become millionaires doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom