• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Frog, not trying to start anything but I've been thinking about it. Say Naruto and Sakura did get together like you hoped. What did you have in mind for Sasuke & Hinata? Not as a pair but what could have been done with those characters?

Hadn't expected a question like this, but I'll give it a shot.

The way I would have written it, I would have given Naruto and Hinata the closure they deserved with Hinata confronting Naruto about her confession, knowing that she'd be turned down, but wanting and needing to hear it all the same. The rejection that followed would be honest and considerate of her feelings and would only serve to empower Hinata by having her move on. Her time watching and admiring Naruto wouldn't have been wasted, instead it would have inspired her to pursue new goals and ambitions with the same courage and tenacity. She would have grown and matured differently and eventually become far more assertive, taking over the Hyūga clan from her father and abolishing the use of cursed seals on branch members to honour Neji - she would do this on her own without having to rely on Naruto, though she would have the support of her sister and of course the branch family. At her core, Hinata would always remain the kind hearted person, however in her later years no one would ever think to doubt her strength. If I would have to write her settling down with anyone, it'd probably be Kiba or Shino, but I don't think it's important to Hinata as a character who she ends up with. I think her character has always been about finding one's inner strength, and I think she would've made a badass Hyūga matriarch that changed her clan for the better.

As for Sasuke, I'm not sure I would have done it so much differently aside from obviously not pairing him up with Sakura, and have him actually apologise profusely to the ones he hurt the most (Team 7 and Karin namely). I would like to think Sasuke would want to go wander the earth in seek of personal enlightenment and redemption whilst making amends by doing good wherever and whenever he could. I would want him to truly find himself in his journeys, not just as an Uchiha or a shinobi, but as an individual. I think it would've been cool to see him run into Kabuto at some point and find that he took over the orphanage that had taken him in and the two would have a chat about Itachi and themselves and how they changed. I would like to think he would eventually return to Konoha, mellowed out and at peace. He would settle down with Karin, thus in way making himself and Naruto family, and I would like to think Sasuke would retire from shinobi life and focus on rebuilding the Uchiha, with the intention of raising a family first and clan second, with the emphasis not on their perceived superiority but their capacity for love. Sasuke would still continue to hone his skills even as a civilian, with the mutual understanding with Naruto that if he were to ever lose his way that Sasuke would be the one to stop him, like the guardian Hashirama had wanted Madara to be. He and Naruto would remain friends until their dying days and the feud of the two brothers would well and truly end with them.

That's probably how I would have done it.

Shadow clones being legit clones with autonomy always struck me as existentially disturbing. Do they fear dying or being unsummoned? Do they know they're clones and that their existence is a very temporary one? How does that change their personality if at all? Is it immoral to summon them at all, or maybe just for non combat purposes? It's too creepy if they're not machine like.

Summoning a clone of yourself to play with your kid is fucked up in principle. It gets extra weird because Naruto absorbs all the memories, but I think the fact it's not the original Naruto makes it wrong.

Zoe

Yep, there shouldn't even be a third coffin to summon, as the Edo Tensei would have failed during the preparation phase (i.e. prior to the entire fight), according to Kabuto's subsequent explanations regarding that particular technique.
Just another plot hole.
Wasn't it only explicitly the Fourth in the anime? I remember it playing out a little differently in the manga.

The way I would have written it, I would have given Naruto and Hinata the closure they deserved with Hinata confronting Naruto about her confession, knowing that she'd be turned down, but wanting and needing to hear it all the same. The rejection that followed would be honest and considerate of her feelings and would only serve to empower Hinata by having her move on. Her time watching and admiring Naruto wouldn't have been wasted, instead it would have inspired her to pursue new goals and ambitions with the same courage and tenacity. She would have grown and matured differently and eventually become far more assertive, taking over the Hyūga clan from her father and abolishing the use of cursed seals on branch members to honour Neji - she would do this on her own without having to rely on Naruto, though she would have the support of her sister and of course the branch family. At her core, Hinata would always remain the kind hearted person, however in her later years no one would ever think to doubt her strength. If I would have to write her settling down with anyone, it'd probably be Kiba or Shino, but I don't think it's important to Hinata as a character who she ends up with. I think her character has always been about finding one's inner strength, and I think she would've made a badass Hyūga matriarch that changed her clan for the better.

As for Sasuke, I'm not sure I would have done it so much differently aside from obviously not pairing him up with Sakura, and have him actually apologise profusely to the ones he hurt the most (Team 7 and Karin namely). I would like to think Sasuke would want to go wander the earth in seek of personal enlightenment and redemption whilst making amends by doing good wherever and whenever he could. I would want him to truly find himself in his journeys, not just as an Uchiha or a shinobi, but as an individual. I think it would've been cool to see him run into Kabuto at some point and find that he took over the orphanage that had taken him in and the two would have a chat about Itachi and themselves and how they changed. I would like to think he would eventually return to Konoha, mellowed out and at peace. He would settle down with Karin, thus in way making himself and Naruto family, and I would like to think Sasuke would retire from shinobi life and focus on rebuilding the Uchiha, with the intention of raising a family first and clan second, with the emphasis not on their perceived superiority but their capacity for love. Sasuke would still continue to hone his skills even as a civilian, with the mutual understanding with Naruto that if he were to ever lose his way that Sasuke would be the one to stop him, like the guardian Hashirama had wanted Madara to be. He and Naruto would remain friends until their dying age and the feud of the two brothers would well and truly end with them.

That's probably how I would done it.

That's barely an improvement from what we ended up getting.

Couldn't Naruto just make a clone to hang out with his son?

His Son has the byakugan he'll know it is a fake

The only thing it will do is make him hate is father more...... Still like what a Gaffer posted before, the fact that Naruto not only confronted his son personally as well as likely helped him paint the last graffiti on his face I don't see him being that bad

It was on a Gokage meeting day....of course he is extremely busy.... Plus the boy has a overly caring mother so he wouldn't feel that lonely

Couldn't Naruto just make a clone to hang out with his son?

Given that special chapter when Naruto was feeling lonely and used his clones to try to cheer himself, Naruto probably knows is not the same thing.

In this case, I wonder what Naruto was doing during the years between. Probably finally passed his fucking Chunin exam?

Yado

As for Sasuke, I'm not sure I would have done it so much differently aside from obviously not pairing him up with Sakura, and have him actually apologise profusely to the ones he hurt the most (Team 7 and Karin namely). I would like to think Sasuke would want to go wander the earth in seek of personal enlightenment and redemption whilst making amends by doing good wherever and whenever he could. I would want him to truly find himself in his journeys, not just as an Uchiha or a shinobi, but as an individual. I think it would've been cool to see him run into Kabuto at some point and find that he took over the orphanage that had taken him in and the two would have a chat about Itachi and themselves and how they changed. I would like to think he would eventually return to Konoha, mellowed out and at peace. He would settle down with Karin, thus in way making himself and Naruto family, and I would like to think Sasuke would retire from shinobi life and focus on rebuilding the Uchiha, with the intention of raising a family first and clan second, with the emphasis not on their perceived superiority but their capacity for love. Sasuke would still continue to hone his skills even as a civilian, with the mutual understanding with Naruto that if he were to ever lose his way that Sasuke would be the one to stop him, like the guardian Hashirama had wanted Madara to be. He and Naruto would remain friends until their dying age and the feud of the two brothers would well and truly end with them.

I like this. idk, I stopped being invested in Naruto a long time ago because the writing has been poor for a long time now. I'm not surprised by what we actually got.

Fox318

His Son has the byakugan he'll know it is a fake

likely make him hate is father

d3aSMSd.png

I really liked it. It's a much better ending for both Hinata and Sasuke regarding their shinobi lives.

av2k

Shadow clones being legit clones with autonomy always struck me as existentially disturbing. Do they fear dying or being unsummoned? Do they know they're clones and that their existence is a very temporary one? How does that change their personality if at all? Is it immoral to summon them at all, or maybe just for non combat purposes? It's too creepy if they're not machine like.

Summoning a clone of yourself to play with your kid is fucked up in principle. It gets extra weird because Naruto absorbs all the memories, but I think the fact it's not the original Naruto makes it wrong.

I don't think they fear dying because they just return to the owner and add their experience to his. I could be wrong though.

Khezu

Naruto needs to be a busy parent so Bolt and Sarada can bond over daddy issues.

I'm sure that's going to be a completely normal and healthy relationship.

Probably it helps that they are temporalto an extent so doesn't think so much about being independent beings outside Naruto.

If that was not the case, Naruto life would be a lot more difficult: See Madrox from Marvel Comics.

The purpose of the question was curiosity not to stir shit, let's try not to get riled up for the sake of arguing again.

Went too abrasive there and inferred ill intent.

VZDpqcG.gif

"I hate Sasuke and Sakura getting paired up. It sends the wrong message about abusive relationships."

"Sasuke should settle down with Karin"

- Sakura in the very beginning was just an annoying little girl who likes cute looking guys (bad boys).
- Gets rejected right off the bat after her first love confession to Sasuke (shows how stupid she made herself look).
- After pain saga, Sakura failed to persuade Naruto by confessing her love to him just so he could forget about chasing after Sasuke.
- After almost getting chidori stabbed in the face by her dream man, this girl just keeps lusting over this lunatic.
- Happy that her long lost dream guy has come back to fight with her in the war.
- Mad that she about to lose him again.
- Gets stabbed (legally) in the heart.
- Now in a long distance relationship. With a child that her dream man is never around.

Is this truly the kind of "dream man" any girl would want? HOPELESS. I really believe Kishi must have a love hate relationship about his love affairs with women that acted this way in his life. Out of frustration, he must have intended to write Sakura with this way to prove a point. He cleverly writes subtle development but ultimately his goal succeeded by getting almost everyone to hate on a girl who clearly got what she wanted.

I haven't seen anybody commenting along the lines of, "damn Sakura's got it good. she's got the man of her dreams!"

all I see is a girl that only the last man on earth would want to be in a relationship with. Symbolic parallel: Last Uchiha man in the shinobi world is the only person that was forced into a relationship because it means a lot that nobody else is a perfect match.

"I hate Sasuke and Sakura getting paired up. It sends the wrong message about abusive relationships."

To be honest, Karin and Sakura have completely different personalities, although both love Sasuke. Pairing Sasuke and Sakura completely ruins any Sakura development in my opinion. She doesn't have a submissive personality, she doesn't want to be treated badly. She just want Sasuke to return her feelings. But Karin, in other hand, never seemed to care much about this. She even was portrayed as someone who would be into some sick relationship just to be with him, she was obsessed with him in an unhealthy way. Simply put, Kishimoto, in the way I see it, created her as someone who wouldn't care to be abused in a relationship just like that "Sweet Dreams" song from Eurythmics. Yeah, it is also a bad relationship, but Sakura would be a lot more miserable than Karin the way I see it.

- Sakura in the very beginning was just an annoying little girl who likes cute looking guys (bad boys).
- Gets rejected right off the bat after her first love confession to Sasuke (shows how stupid she made herself look).
- After pain saga, Sakura failed to persuade Naruto by confessing her love to him just so he could forget about chasing after Sasuke.
- After almost getting chidori stabbed in the face by her dream man, this girl just keeps lusting over this lunatic.
- Happy that her long lost dream guy has come back to fight with her in the war.
- Mad that she about to lose him again.
- Gets stabbed (legally) in the heart.
- Now in a long distance relationship. With a child that her dream man is never around.

Is this truly the kind of "dream man" any girl would want? HOPELESS. I really believe Kishi must have a love hate relationship about his love affairs with women that acted this way in his life. Out of frustration, he must have intended to write Sakura with this way to prove a point. He cleverly writes subtle development but ultimately his goal succeeded by getting almost everyone to hate on a girl who clearly got what she wanted.

I haven't seen anybody commenting along the lines of, "damn Sakura's got it good. she's got the man of her dreams!"

all I see is a girl that only the last man on earth would want to be in a relationship with. Symbolic parallel: Last Uchiha man in the shinobi world is the only person that was forced into a relationship because it means a lot that nobody else is a perfect match.

Agreed.

Salada means "salt" in spanish

toooooooooooo good

stay salty

Salada means salad in Portuguese.

Frog-fu

Banned
That's barely an improvement from what we ended up getting.

That's only how I would have wanted it from 698 onwards if I could change. The problems that plague Naruto were established long before that.

I like this. idk, I stopped being invested in Naruto a long time ago because the writing has been poor for a long time now. I'm not surprised by what we actually got.

Thanks. I'm still very disappointed with the ending, not just because my preferred ship didn't become canon, but mainly cause it was so damn rushed in the end. Just think about the last 30 chapters or so. It was just one rushed event after another.

I really liked it. It's a much better ending for both Hinata and Sasuke regarding their shinobi lives.

It's probably the best I could've come up with 698 onwards.

Though Sasuke did more to hurt Sakura than he did to Karin, I don't have a problem with either of them forgiving him. I do have a problem with the fact ending up with him turned Sakura from this
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/2beffdd6e0ec66da8b2702b56c443bda/tumblr_inline_neo8m3eIL91s6s9ju.png[/IMG]
to this
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/e3bf05926c530cca93dfcbf25ab46f17/tumblr_inline_neo8mmwMMP1s6s9ju.png[/IMG]

On her own, Sakura was someone with convictions and a backbone, she was assertive and confident. Add Sasuke to the equation and she becomes a doormat, allowing him to talk down to her whenever and however he pleases.

That's one my biggest gripes. It's not necessarily that SasuSaku happened, it's that the manga showed nothing but reasons why it shouldn't, and yet it still did. At the very least Sakura shouldn't have been as hopelessly in love with him at the ending of the manga like she was at the start.

As for Karin and Sasuke, they are both maladjusted individuals but they've always been accepting of another. They had strong moments together that could've been the foundation of their relationship, and being with Sasuke never made Karin a pathetic mess like Sakura. Yeah, she was crazy about him to ridiculous extremes, but it was at least consistent and we knew she would never change like Sakura had. Karin didn't dial back the crazy or anything, she had no problem being the weirdo she was or speaking her mind around him, and he was okay with that.

More to the point, in my preferred ending SasuKarin would have happened years later. Not before he set off with a "Yeah, sorry" and a flick to her forehead, and he wouldn't have ended up being a deadbeat dad seemingly neglecting his child like Fugaku neglected him.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tmboMoi.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/23eybDO.png[/IMG]

It thinks that Hinata Hyūga has a beautiful heart and listens to whatever she says. Mecha-Naruto has a crush on her and calls her "Miss Hinata" (ヒナタさん, Hinata-san), and it is jealous of Naruto because she prefers him instead of it. During the course of the game, Mecha-Naruto is able to exchange bodies with the real Naruto as a way to be accepted by everyone in the village, since it - as a robot - scared people because the way it looks. Later on after Naruto saves it, it comes to actually like Naruto but still thinks of him as its rival.

Oh my god who came up with this crap?!

Naruto and Hinata was the best way the series could have gone honestly.sasusaku, maybe not. Cause honestly naruto and sakura would have never worked out.After the false confession it was obvious that she would never love him. Hinata was perfect for Naruto cause she loved everything about him, yeah he had flaws but those flaws are what made him a great man in her eyes. Naruto needed someone who really loved him, not someone who only started liking him cause the love of her life left. Its not fair to Naruto, plus again Naruto never loved sakura, it was just a silly crush, and if Simon from Gurren Lagann could get over Yoko I think getting over Sakura would be the easiest thing ever.

IIrc, there's some publishing reason that ending on 700 was wanted? Something to do with how many chapters fit in a volume or something?

If the ending of your series is determined more by business concerns than writing quality, something has gone very, very wrong.

Fox318

IIrc, there's some publishing reason that ending on 700 was wanted? Something to do with how many chapters fit in a volume or something?

If the ending of your series is determined more by business concerns than writing quality, something has gone very, very wrong.

Kishi probably wanted out.

360pages

Naruto and Hinata was the best way the series could have gone honestly.sasusaku, maybe not. Cause honestly naruto and sakura would have never worked out.After the false confession it was obvious that she would never love him. Hinata was perfect for Naruto cause she loved everything about him, yeah he had flaws but those flaws are what made him a great man in her eyes. Naruto needed someone who really loved him, not someone who only started liking him cause the love of her life left. Its not fair to Naruto, plus again Naruto never loved sakura, it was just a silly crush, and if Simon from Gurren Lagann could get over Yoko I think getting over Sakura would be the easiest thing ever.

Honestly, how I feel. The only reason Sakura even started to notice Naruto is because he tried to get Sasuke back and Sasuke wasn't there. Any moment he was back in the picture, it was pretty much fuck Naruto...got to get some sauce.

The only time that didn't happen was during the war, when both Naruto and Sasuke died.

All of this. Except the Gurren Lagann stuff, because I've never seen that show.

I don't have a strong opinion on SasuSaku, but I think NaruHina was the best route.

That's probably how I would have done it.

Hinata getting Naruto is the best thing. Sakura does not deserve him. She treated him like crap in the beginning, and manipulated him in part 2 when she said she loved him. Sakura always had love feelings for Sasuke. Naruto´s feeling towards her were never reciprocated.
Hinata on the other hand always cared for Naruto, even when all he did was causing trouble. I am really glad that Naruto ended up with Hinata instead of a person who never showed any romantic feeling for Naruto in the manga.

Zeroth

All of this. Except the Gurren Lagann stuff, because I've never seen that show.

Fix that!

I just checked, chapter 117. We only see the first two coffins. The 3rd does nothing to stop it, he just thinks to himself that it didn't work for some reason.

Funny enough, from what we have seen, you *can't* use edo tensei without performing the ritual, so technically Orochimaru shouldn't even be able to summon the coffin.... but we all know the reason it did not work was because Minato's soul was locked in the Shinigami.

EDIT: Seems like Erigu said as much.

360pages

I will say, that I did like the part in 699 where Naruto gives back Sasuke's headband. and Sasuke's overall monologue was actually pretty interesting.

Hinata getting Naruto is the best thing. Sakura does not deserve him. She treated him like crap in the beginning, and manipulated him in part 2 when she said she loved him. Sakura always had love feelings for Sasuke. Naruto´s feeling towards her were never reciprocated.
Hinata on the other hand always cared for Naruto, even when all he did was causing trouble. I am really glad that Naruto ended up with Hinata instead of a person who never showed any romantic feeling for Naruto in the manga.
But did Naruto showed any romantic interesting in Hinata? Even when she confessed to him after the battle with Pein he didn't seem to retribute her feelings in a romantic way. Maybe Hinata deserved better. Someone who would notice her and not being her second option. I blame Kishimoto for this. He could make them work better and have a proper reunion but he didn't.

Regarding Sakura trying to "manipulate" him that was for the best. She was feeling guilty because Naruto was suffering to fulfill his promise to bring Sasuke back. She was trying to protect him even if she wasn't being sincere. In that moment she was sacrificing her will to bring Sasuke back. She chose Naruto over Sasuke in that situation because she also cares about Naruto.

Saying that, I think NaruHina is okay, but I think NaruSaku would work too. I don't believe in that "he/she would never fall in love" thing. I do believe people can change, that people can move on from a rejection and develop romantic feelings after being friends.

Are people still sulking over Sakura and why she isn't with Naruto? Hate to be that guy but as much as people say Hinata was useless,Sakura can be put in that same category. She hasn't done ANYTHING noteworthy in part 1 but been a love sick puppy,who even asked Naruto to bring back Sasuke totally ignoring his feelings for her which he made known from day one. In part 2 aside from the Sasori fight she has been just as useless with a sprinkle here and there of her getting new ability. Name something Sakura has done that validate her to end up with Naruto,oh wait you gonna bring up that half hearted confession/lie? The point is Kishi went with what was apparent from day one and that is Hinata's love for Naruto from day one which finally paid off(cliche).One could say the same for Sasuke and Sakura but that is a shitstorm in its own right lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom