• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The December issue of Gakken Publishing's Monthly Animedia magazine will include an interview with Naruto television anime director Hayato Date when it goes on sale on Monday. The interview announces that a Naruto anime special will air on December 4. The special will focus on Hinata Hyūga's younger sister Hanabi and tell a story about the siblings.

The interview also confirms that the Naruto television anime will continue and a "new development" will start after the beginning of 2015.

Please be filler showing the events between the Last and 700.

dani_dc

He was supposed to be 31 during the war, so that would make him 14 at the time of his attack on the village.
According to the second databook, he was 13 when he "died".

The chronology is a mess. Of course, that's what happens when you keep writing stuff like that for 15 years without bothering to make a timeline...
That's one productive year, from chunnin to fighting the 4th.

Bullshit, aizen is immortal which is a billion steps above cheating death.

Isn't Aizen technically dead during the entire series?

todd360

I'm just pissed off that narutos kids don't seem to have hyuga eyes. That and the sauces kid doesn't seem to have sharingan. I mean she may be able to awaken it, but the glasses make me think that she has normal eyes. Unless when she awakens sharingan she doesn't need glasses anymore. Narutos kid not having byakugun is such a fail.

That petition online going around trying to get Naruto and Sakura together is pathetically hilarious. Some people just cant except the truth,oh well I imagine Naruto and Hinata singing that hit from Akon lol!

dxpgu.jpg

I'm just pissed off that narutos kids don't seem to have hyuga eyes. That and the sauces kid doesn't seem to have sharingan. I mean she may be able to awaken it, but the glasses make me think that she has normal eyes. Unless when she awakens sharingan she doesn't need glasses anymore. Narutos kid not having byakugun is such a fail.
I keep saying it but we don't know they don't have an an OP variant where they can activate and deactivate the byakugan. It would be stupid if they didn't have it.

todd360

I keep saying it but we don't know they don't have an an OP variant where they can activate and deactivate the byakugan. It would be stupid if they didn't have it.

That would be cool, but you'd think that it would have already happened. It's not like the hyuga are targaryens.

Khezu

I think people are blaming the wrong party in the Sasuke/Sakura relationship.

Sasuke did nothing wrong, and he sure isn't an abusive boyfriend.
They weren't even a couple, she is a crazy stalker that wont leave him alone. He never went out of his way to be a dick to her, or ever showed her true malice, she just kept getting in the way of his ninja goals, and at some point you can't let that shit slide anymore.

His only failing was finally giving up and giving her one night of pity sex. But at least it got her off his back for awhile.

Of course Sasuke isn't abusive.

Sasuke is not going out of his way to hurt Sakura. He doesn't pay her nearly that much attention or regard. Its not like with Naruto where his insults are clearly to get a rise out of him and feed his superiority complex/nurse his inferiority one, as well as a part of their friendship. The insults and sometimes murder attempts are offhandedly and wantonly tossed her way. He is not being purposefully antagonizing with an intent to hurt her as an objective.

He is just being honest and doing his thing, that she might be hurt by it doesn't occur or matter to him. It gives him no satisfaction or fufillment (the way abusers feel in abusive relationships), it just happens. For example, Sakura asks about what's happening, he responds that she doesn't need to know because she's useless anyway, she's hurt, he doesn't really care or notice, he was just saying what he felt (and Sakura couldn't handle it).Why should he take notice or care anyway? Its not like Sakura can ever verbally or physically bring herself to stand up to him. She allows herself to be walked all over, hell, she has no problem with it .

Sasuke didn't care enough about Sakura to put the effort into abusing her intentionally. That's how little influence or impression she has on his character.

You say that now, but wait until the reveal that everything from Aizen's defeat until now was just his bankai.
Omfg I laughed hard at this point because of the possibility of this.
madara-uchiha-is-here-to-stay-e1341391779613.jpg

Aizen's trolling is unparalleled, though the shit Madara pulled form the sidelines was impressive. Not to mention he was able to take both Sasuke and Naruto with their god like powers.....something not even Kaguya was able to do.
When Madara was revived in the war I was so hype because of his abilities. I was literally awe strucked when he wrecked Oonoki, Gaara, and the rest of that division. He instantly became my favorite villian. Near the end of the war he slipped but I still liked him. RIP the greatest.

People activate the sharingan at different ages. Sasuke activated his when he was what 12. Sarada is definitely younger than that or around that age. Also the ocular effects only last when its there....so if you're eyesight if not good you would still need glasses, unless you want your sharingan constantly on.

I think people are blaming the wrong party in the Sasuke/Sakura relationship.

Sasuke did nothing wrong, and he sure isn't an abusive boyfriend.
They weren't even a couple, she is a crazy stalker that wont leave him alone. He never went out of his way to be a dick to her, or ever showed her true malice, she just kept getting in the way of his ninja goals, and at some point you can't let that shit slide anymore.

His only failing was finally giving up and giving her one night of pity sex. But at least it got her off his back for awhile.

People who think Sasuke's and Sakura's relationship came out of nowhere have not been reading the manga properly. We all know how much Sakura loves Sasuke...but whats shown more subtly is Sasuke's affection towards her. Numerous times in Part 1 we see this, like Sasuke going curse style berserk when Sakura gets beaten by the sound ninja, how she's able to bring him back to his normal self, in fact he specifically tells Naruto "to save Sakura no matter what....I don't want to watch those dear to me to die before my eyes ever again" and later thanks her before leaving. This is a very important scene as Sakura remembers it when she confesses again in 693, when she says "if I still have a place somewhere in your heart, no matter how small....", showing us how that one scene has signified to Sakura that Sasuke does appreciate her love. It also makes the scene in 699 that much more significant.

You are missing the entire point of the manga if you feel Sakura is crazy.

When people read your manga, what do you hope they’ll take away from it?

Kishimoto: In real life, it’s hard for people to understand each other because of things like differences in culture or upbringing. As you grow up, you start to see that sometimes things in life don’t go right. But I created Naruto to tell the younger generation that although there’s hardship in life, you can get along. Other than that, I would rather let the audience themselves find out what they can get from Naruto.

Naruto continues to chase Sasuke since he cannot bear to see his closest friend go down such a path, never giving up on him despite everything thats happened. Similarly, Sakura continues to love Sasuke despite whats happened. Just like Naruto, it hurts her to see him like that and will do anything to save him.

Sakura's and Sasuke's relationship is very tragic, but it has a very sweet ending, just like Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. Kishimoto is just being consistent to the theme he has trued to portray throughout the creation of this manga.

something more off topic:

tumblr_neq3cvt8PJ1sql15bo1_500.png

nice imager there (Uchiha symbol next to some medicine/potions)

1. How has the world’s economy and politics been affected in the aftermath of the Fourth Ninja War that killed half of the world’s population of ninja in one day.

2. The abolition of the ninja system. We spent a large chunk of this manga talking about how bad it is, and how it produces Obitos and Madaras, yet it’s still the system being glorified in these chapters. Kids are still child soldiers, and there’s still ninja villages. If not the abolition, at least tell us how it’s changed or improved. Time moves forward, Nothing changes .

3. Naruto’s answer to Pain’s question from Chapter 436. How will Naruto bring peace to the world? Contrary to what the manga tries to say in its later stages, hate isn't the only reason people go to war. Pain explained that they war for reasons like land or money.

4. Why is Neji still dead?

Its kinda sad that so few cares about this. Kishimoto spent a lot of time in part 2 to emphasize how the system thrives on war and conflicts, and many of the main villians, like Sasori, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Nagato, Konan and Obito, were portrayed as victims that turned into monsters. In the final chapter it seemed like nothing had changed. The threat of mutual destruction created a temporary peace which seemingly will last as long as the major players of the war are still in power. However, it is likely that war and conflict will breed again when past events becomes a distant memory, exactly like Nagato feared. In the end Naruto let down both Nagato and Jiraiya. He never fulfilled his role as the one who would put an end to the broken shinobi society.

Its kinda sad that so few cares about this. Kishimoto spent a lot of time in part 2 to emphasize how the system thrives on war and conflicts, and many of the main villians, like Sasori, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Nagato, Konan and Obito, were portrayed as victims that turned into monsters. In the final chapter it seemed like nothing had changed. The threat of mutual destruction created a temporary peace which seemingly will last as long as the major players of the war are still in power. However, it is likely that war and conflict will breed again when past events becomes a distant memory, exactly like Nagato feared. In the end Naruto let down both Nagato and Jiraiya. He never fulfilled his role as the one who would put an end to the broken shinobi society.

The reason for this is obvious. Future series of Naruto :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The only good villains in the series were Akatsuki (especially Pain) and Orochimaru.

Madara was meh.

Khezu

Does Bolt have the eye thing? The art on the extra chapter was intern level?

He does not have a standard Byakugan, that's all we know.

He might be able to activate a variation of it, but we have to wait and see.

The coloring is weird and inconsistent, I can't tell if his eyes are supposed to be whitish, or a light blue.

Error

Part 3 should go back to the series roots, none of this end of the world scenario again. And really with Naruto and Sasuke at this point being living gods, there's no need for it.

Just go back to the 3 ninjas team dynamics, with them taking the exams and stuff. Also the fights themselves should be tone down, none of this DBZ level of fights. The reason why every Shikamaru fight is godlike is because he used his brain and wits to overcome massive power differences. Dude used simple ninja tools like Shurikens and Explosive Tags, etc to gain the upper hand in his battles... I want that kind of battles back.

Also remember when Naruto completely fooled Neji with a clever use of Kage Bunshin? Damn those fights were so hype. Once Kishimoto introduced shit like KM and Susanoo they lost me, fights became mindless explosion after mindless explosion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wonder how strong Naruto is. I bet he could decimate all the current Kages in a sec.
As much as I love my boy Naruto, I hope Chojuro is on his level. He looked like he'd become grittier and overcome his shyness since the war arc and the idea of a kage swordsman is really cool. I also hope Kurotsuchi has been upping her game as Stone ninja can be some serious next level business when they try (Deidara, Onoki, Mu).

Part 3 should go back to the series roots, none of this end of the world scenario again. And really with Naruto and Sasuke at this point being living gods, there's no need for it.

Just go back to the 3 ninjas team dynamics, with them taking the exams and stuff. Also the fights themselves should be tone down, none of this DBZ level of fights. The reason why every Shikamaru fight is godlike is because he used his brain and wits to overcome massive power differences. Dude used simple ninja tools like Shurikens and Explosive Tags, etc to again the upper hand in his battles... I want that kind of battles back.

Also remember when Naruto completely fooled Neji with a clever use of Kage Bunshin? Damn those fights were so hype. Once Kishimoto introduced shit like KM and Susanoo they lost me, fights became mindless explosion after mindless explosion.
Yeah, the team dynamics were cool and every time they focused on them was a highlight of the series. Land of Waves, Chunin Exams, Sasuke Retrieval, Kazekage Rescue, Taka vs. Killer Bee... etc.

My hope for Part 3 would be to see Sasuke train Bolt, Sarada, and a new character. I say Sasuke because I really think his more mature self would make for an awesome sensei type character and he could fill Kakashi's shoes pretty well as the cool older sensei who steps in when shit gets real. Would also be a good opportunity to show off his redeemed character.

Madara is great.... So is Merium, Lots of good characters in OP like White Beard

Toriko has a few good one's too but I don't want to spoil some stuff for new readers

Error

When Madara was introduced, at that point I was so sick of the Uchihas and their eye hax that I felt indifferent.

Pain was another story, his power was badass, he looked threatening as fuck. When he took on Konoha singlehandily and pretty much destroyed every Konoha elite Ninja (except Naruto obv) by himself, I was like shieeeeetttt what a fucking badass.

Akatsuki as a whole were the biggest collection of badasses the series had. Each member had unique powers and their designs all rock. When one of them appeared in the story, you knew that shit was about to hit the fan, and things were going to get real. Kisame and Itachi introduction and them entering Konoha to get Naruto, damn. Perfect just perfect.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
When Madara was introduced, at that point I was so sick of the Uchihas and their eye hax that I felt indifferent.

Pain was another story, his power was badass, he looked threatening as fuck. When he took on Konoha singlehandily and pretty much destroyed every Konoha elite Ninja (except Naruto obv) by himself, I was like shieeeeetttt what a fucking badass.

Akatsuki as a whole were the biggest collection of badasses the series had. Each member had unique powers and their designs all rock. When one of them appeared in the story, you knew that shit was about to hit the fan, and things were going to get real. Kisame and Itachi introduction and them entering Konoha to get Naruto, damn. Perfect just perfect.

Yeah the akatsuki were badass.

Madara was different in that when he was revealed, he destroyed his enemies with his technique and skills. Madara as a character is arrogant, and confident in his abilities. He liked showing off powerful techniques one after the other. His swag was awesome.

When the Akatsuki were introduced, it was some serious business. I remember when I was younger rumors were that the leader of the Akatsuki was Minato haha. Each member had cool back stories and unique powers.

Pein was another awesome character. The introduction of the Rinnegan was another great moment in the story. His motives were unique and different from the other villians.

Naruto : Do you remember at that time when you gave me that scarf?
Hinata: *blushing*yes, Naruto-kun
Naruto: *thinking to himself: I had a crush on Sakura..* I love you Hinata
They get married and have 2 beatiful children, at least one and the daughter being a weird copy paste :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom