• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tracklist for the movie is out.

1. NARUTO Main Theme ’14
  2. New Moon
  3. Friend
  4. First Love
  5. Lunar Eclipse
  6. Little Song
  7. Different Sky
  8. Black Bird
  9. Crescent Moon
  10. Crisis
  11. Day Dream
  12. Daymare
  13. Snow
  14. TONERI
  15. Cave
  16. Caution
  17. Close to You
  18. Shadow
  19. The Day
  20. Good-bye Forever
  21. Frozen Field
  22. Old Stories
  23. and Dark
  24. Destiny
  25. Night to Night
  26. Cache
  27. Remember You
  28. Blue Black
  29. Stardust
  30. Recapture
  31. Red Shoes
  32. Unison
  33. Counterattack
  34. My Sunshine
  35. Chain Explosion
  36. The Last
  37. Moonset
  38. Sunrise
  39. New Breeze
  40. NARUTO and HINATA
  41. After Story

Time to get on those context clues.

"Snow" and "Frozen Field" have me intrigued.

Frog-fu

Banned
Anyone else get this hollow feeling when you think about how it's over? It's an end for era for me. Reading Naruto on a weekly basis has been my routine for years.

Joni

NARUTO and HINATA seems like a hint to NaruSaku! Movie redeemed.
I like Hinata so I'm really glad the movie is playing up that romance.

Jeez, people actually want Naruto to end up with Sakura? Natuto is way out of her league, I am happy that he ended up with Hinita, a loyal women that was always behind her man. Naruto ending up with Sakura would be a slap in the face and she would eventually end up sleeping with Sauce causing more problems down the line. I am happy Naruto didn't white knight her.

I wonder how strong Naruto is. I bet he could decimate all the current Kages in a sec.

I don't think so. He doesn't have the god like powers anymore and the nine tails fox is not in him either. Honestly I think Sasuke is the strongest since he kept his rinnegan but i'm not too sure how much of his powers did he lose.

Will Part 3 mini-series have weekly chapters starting in Spring 2015?

Seems like it.

It was mentioned that the Naruto anime will also have a new development beginning early next year whatever that means.

Wait. Naruto was suppose to be the host of all 9 tailed beasts, is he not? Thats what they made it out to be in the final chapters. He doesn't even have the Nine Tails? Who has it than? and where are all the tailed beasts?

I don't think so. He doesn't have the god like powers anymore and the nine tails fox is not in him either. Honestly I think Sasuke is the strongest since he kept his rinnegan but i'm not too sure how much of his powers did he lose.

Seems like it.

It was mentioned that the Naruto anime will also have a new development beginning early next year whatever that means.

What are you talking about, Naruto had his Sage powers when he fought with Sasuke.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I can't wait for Hiashi's reaction to his daughter being the wife of not only the 7th hokage but also the most powerful shinobi in the narutoverse.

Hiashi: "Muh girl, you did it, you fucking did it!!!"

To me his eugenic master plan is canon.

orochi91

I can't wait for Hiashi's reaction to his daughter being the wife of not only the 7th hokage but also the most powerful shinobi in the narutoverse.

Hiashi: "Muh girl, you did it, you fucking did it!!!"

To me his eugenic master plan is canon.

Sasuke is the most powerful.

Not Naruto.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sasuke is the most powerful.

Not Naruto.

Uhhh not really?

Also the Hyuuga clan, after being overshadowed by the Uchihas the entire manga, end up being the most powerful and influential family in the Narutoverse, they have someone in the Hokage's inner circle. Madara ain't got nothing on Hiashi, this is how you take over the world Madara not with fucking Infite Tsukuyomi.

Much better!
tumblr_neoynhWcDL1suwgsgo2_500.jpg

And Ohh the feels Uncle Itachi!
tumblr_neonneuNAc1rx8z9so1_500.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Hyuuga clan was always more important than the Uchihas, lore wise. They had a much more stable structure to their clan and seemed to be trusted and respected on a worldwide scale, and had a large say in politics. The Uchiha were always treading on thin ice with everybody, although people did respect their power.

Their story is largely untold, though. Their ancestor Hamura was arguably as important as the Sage and got a few panels of screen time, and it was never shown how they joined the Leaf or what they were even doing during Hashirama's time. I wish they got more focus in part 2. Neji's fight with Kidoumaru in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc was one of the most interesting fights in the series. Even if Neji never did anything (except die) I wish we saw Hinata pick up the Hyuuga reigns and fight some awesome battles or something.

Kishi said in an interview(think it was in the 3rd Databook) that the kid would have a sharingan in one eye and a byakugan in the other.

Why has this not happened yet........oh yeah fucking third hokage and Danzo -____-

Naruto is stronger, Sasuke needed the tailed beasts just to compete and still lost.

We're talking after the fight. The final fight was clearly a draw and I think you're misunderstanding something. Sasuke just sealed tailed beast.

The final fight was Sasuke + rinnegan + indra vs Naruto + 9 tails + ashura

Much better!
tumblr_neoynhWcDL1suwgsgo2_500.jpg

And Ohh the feels Uncle Itachi!
tumblr_neonneuNAc1rx8z9so1_500.jpg

Sarada is the best kid design.

Naruto still has Sage mode, a piece of the Fox in him, plus he has flying thunder god, the highest chakra count, and the OP clone.

There's really nothing stopping Naruto from beating everyone's ass just off his endurance. He can just have 100 clones sit at the sage temple and meditate until he is feeling low on chakra.

Sai

Nobody said anything about Naruto inheriting Hiraishin.

err sage powers are not good enough. He needs the nine tails cloak to stand a chance.
And he still has that. Everything he's had since his fight with Jūbi Jinchūriki Madara, he has retained; except for the sun seal that was to be used for the express purpose of sealing Madara/Kaguya with Rikudō Chibaku Tensei.

SolVanderlyn

no thoughts on this?
Technology has advanced and Konoha was being rebuilt at the end of the series, pre-timeskip. They added more to the village and used more modern architecture to do so.

Joni

no thoughts on this?

I always thought the world was a lot more modern than the ninja world let on. They had all kinds of fancy communicators and we saw other huge cities, but it was the hidden village. They kept themselves hidden from the outside world. Now the outside world 'invaded' them.

Welfare

We're talking after the fight. The final fight was clearly a draw and I think you're misunderstanding something. Sasuke just sealed tailed beast.

The final fight was Sasuke + rinnegan + indra vs Naruto + 9 tails + ashura
The Susanno isn't going to change into God mode with chakara surging through just because he placed them there. He took the Tailed beasts chakara.

Naruto was holding back from the very beginning to when Sasuke launched Indras Arrow.

Sasuke needed the chakara of all 8 tailed beasts + 50% Kurama just to stalemate Narutos attack.

Sasuke was beat the monent he lost chakara when Naruto still had a Rasengan. Only thanks to Plot was Naruto able to trip.

i feel like it's a little absurd that they went from having nothing modern to a huge city in the span of ~20 years. also the laptop

I always thought the world was a lot more modern than the ninja world let on. They had all kinds of fancy communicators and we saw other huge cities, but it was the hidden village. They kept themselves hidden from the outside world. Now the outside world 'invaded' them.

i guess i could see this being possible

Pein

Banned
i feel like it's a little absurd that they went from having nothing modern to a huge city in the span of ~20 years. also the laptop

i guess i could see this being possible

really though? we saw that they practically rebuilt konoha in no time after the Pain arc, why wouldn't they be able to make a city in the time skip.

Just gave yamato a kyuubi cloak and let him get to work.

Frog-fu

Banned
If Naruto was trying to kill Sasuke, Sasuke would've been fucking curb stomped.

This.

It was actually frustrating to read that fight because Naruto never took the initiative and fought defensively. I'm glad we got confirmation from Kurama that he was nerfed though. That only made it more clear.

Without authorial intent, a pissed off Naruto would have absolutely destroyed Sasuke in that fight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
really though? we saw that they practically rebuilt konoha in no time after the Pain arc, why wouldn't they be able to make a city in the time skip.

Just gave yamato a kyuubi cloak and let him get to work.

Yamato and the stone could probably build a modern metropolis in a day.

It'd be cool if that city was the Naruto equivalent of Republic City in the Avatar series. That would be one way to bring together all the nations, while respecting their sovereignty. Though, it's probably just another part of Konoha.

Sai

Nobody said anything about Naruto inheriting Hiraishin.

And he still has that. Everything he's had since his fight with Jūbi Jinchūriki Madara, he has retained; except for the sun seal that was to be used for the express purpose of sealing Madara/Kaguya with Rikudō Chibaku Tensei.
Just wanted to add to this that, assuming Naruto stuck with Hagoromo's plan(and there's no reason he shouldn't have), Naruto should has acquired both halves of Kurama's chakra. The Kurama we saw towards the end of 700 was the original, complete Kyūbi.

Frog-fu

Banned
The original Team 7 reacting to the final two chapters.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b3beae6a5bb8742ba61c3d551109f07b/tumblr_neqize6qNZ1s1i1jso1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Welfare

Alright, really now. Why do people complain about Sakura's development in the final chapter? Is it because of SasuSaku? The fact that instead of seeing her be pissed at someone and breaking a wall, we see her cleaning? Why?

Parmenide

Naruto won just because plot, Sasuke was on a totally different scale, Kurama himself admitted that with the Absolute Susanoo Sasuke was on Hagoromo level. Naruto also needed two of his strongest jutsu (wind) to counter one Indra's Arrow (lightining). Sasuke could have also infused the arrow with Amaterasu to have an advantage against wind but hey, the manga is called Naruto afterall.

Naruto won just because plot, Sasuke was on a totally different scale, Kurama himself admitted that with the Absolute Susanoo Sasuke was on Hagoromo level. Naruto also needed two of his strongest jutsu (wind) to counter one Indra's Arrow (lightining). Sasuke could have also infused the arrow with Amaterasu to have an advantage against wind but hey, the manga is called Naruto afterall.

If Naruto wanted to kill Sasuke in that clash and if wasn't low on chakra from fighting nonstop he would have hit Sasuke with the 9 bijuu rasengans he used on Kaguya. Sasuke could infuse everything he had into Indra Arrow and he would've been obliterated.

Frog-fu

Banned
Alright, really now. Why do people complain about Sakura's development in the final chapter? Is it because of SasuSaku? The fact that instead of seeing her be pissed at someone and breaking a wall, we see her cleaning? Why?

I don't think you're interested in long paragraphs detailing how the manga has given us nothing but reasons why Sakura shouldn't end up with Sasuke and yet did. You should already know he treated her horribly, hurt her, physically and psychologically, and that he didn't hesitate to demean her or talk down to her. Ultimately, when it comes to Sakura, it's not so much about pairing preferences as it is this.

Sakura as a proud kunoichi.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/2beffdd6e0ec66da8b2702b56c443bda/tumblr_inline_neo8m3eIL91s6s9ju.png[/IMG]

Sakura as a fangirl.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/e3bf05926c530cca93dfcbf25ab46f17/tumblr_inline_neo8mmwMMP1s6s9ju.png[/IMG]

In the end, not only did Sakura forgive Sasuke (which was to be expected), she came full circle in the worst way possible. The fact she wanted to leave her village with him after the war, leaving all her loved ones behind, even if it was only temporary, is disappointing. Sasuke didn't work for her forgiveness, and she didn't change at all.

I don't feel it's fair to say Sauce is considerably weaker. It seemed fairly obvious that he, like Naruto, was holding back in the sense that he didn't break out his big guns like Kirin.

Of course that doesn't mean he's a match for Naruto, but I don't buy into the argument that Naruto would have killed him if he had the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom