• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m much more looking forward to the development of the other teams as well, especially Rock Lee. It is exciting. I could see Naruto not being Hokage, but sort of like a peace ambassador wandering around, or maybe Naruto just doesn’t like the Hokage clothing. The Fourth wore his own cloak.

Also, I wonder if the countries went back to business as usual, with missions and things like that. I remember someone telling the Tsuchikage that there would be a rush for power after the unification of the countries.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now that the manga has remembered that the hokages are around, I get the feeling we will get a sacrifice like Saint Seiya: Hades.

Nah, they're probabably going to try to seal Kaguya and Zetsu away again but fail, or just seal Zetsu, or just seal Kaguya (who transfers ALL of her power to Zetsu so it doesn't matter), meaning that the progenitor of chakra can't be sealed away this time, but must be destroyed once and for all.

Also, it's incredible how incompetent Kaguya seems to be, how Zetsu is calling the shots. I'm half expecting Zetsu to backstab Kaguya now.

And the new era project probably just refers to a set of new products celebrating the 15 year anniversary and end of the manga. movie/game/TV special (Naruto Kai?), not a Part 3.

Or maybe Naruto feels he is too young and doesn't want to accept the role just yet. Tsunade is still alive isn't she? Anyway, yeah, the biggest reason I wanted one last arc or even a part 3 or anything is because I feel like if this war arc was it, it's a bad way to say goodbye to all of these characters. They basically just sat in the sidelines...then it's like ok it's over! All lived happily ever after!

I want to see things actually play out, what direction they all go, what they're all up to, etc...I feel like this series deserves a slow peaceful end in its sleep rather than something rushed. I don't think it's a part 3 though, I think maybe it's just an epilogue arc in the future.

Khezu

Kinda lame for Obito to have lived through all that bullshit, only to die to this.

Kishi should have just let him die by sacrificing himself to rez Minato like he wanted to, before Black Zetsu took control of his body.

Plus, if part 3 ended up being a thing, would be neat to see Naruto interacting with his dad, and being trained by him.

Welfare

I think that might be the point. Obito is supposed to be a mirror of Naruto in just about every way except for being an Uchiha. Like a "what if Naruto gave into his hatred" kind of villain. Still awesome, though. Although I agree with wanting to see Naruto with longer hair... way back when the timeskip was just about to happen, I wanted to see Team 7 look more like their mentors. Naruto with a ponytail, Sakura with boobs (lol), Sasuke... well, Sasuke actually did do this, he took up a sword and started wearing the Sound Pretzel on his back, so that was cool.

Some quickly made avatars of the kage for anyone who wants them:

9Fu4nfB.jpg
DzvA981.jpg
KA2Ujc4.jpg
wfhOCFc.jpg

Someone could definitely do a better job, but that coloring was just too good... I had to do something with it.

If no one has taken it yet, I'll take Minato.

A Part of me wants Part 3 but the other part of me just wants Naruto to end. i'm conflicted. I wonder what this movie will be.
I'm just glad the movie sounds like it will take place after all of this. So it will be new canon content it seems. But I guess the question is what does the whole Naruto's New Era project entail. Is it just a codename for a story arc?

Silky

Banned
Let Kishimoto's next project be about his kid or something, ala Shaman King Flowers

Hell Toriyama is still doing DB world content, and the ninja world can still be fleshed out and focused on new shinobi.

Frog-fu

Banned
Kishimoto's next project could be what HxH was to Yu Yu Hakusho for Togashi. Whatever the man does after it's all said and done, I'll be reading and watching.

By the way, we're getting a 15 second teaser tomorrow with the new episode, or so I've heard. I'm legit excite.

I wouldn't mind a part 3

if we had a different protagonist

edit: ^@what frog-fu said: that would be amazing if did something like that

Kishimoto's next project could be what HxH was to Yu Yu Hakusho for Togashi. Whatever the man does after it's all said and done, I'll be reading and watching.

By the way, we're getting a 15 second teaser tomorrow with the new episode, or so I've heard. I'm legit excite.
teaser for the movie? omg that's awesome.

I don't think there's enough material for a part 3, but I just wanted an extended epilogue. Something that covers the sasuke/naruto showdown (or not), and then where all the characters go afterward in their lives.

That's why I'm so hyped for the movie. Will be cool to see where everyone ended up.

Kishi needs to do another fantasy series. But I doubt anything he does will be as popular as Naruto. This is his masterpiece and biggest contribution to the world.

I want to see another round of training and chunin exams for the next generation of ninja with naruto/sakura/sasuke all being senseis.

Naruto will have Konohamaru on his team! Sasuke can have some other little douchebag that reminds him of himself.

I think a part 3 where everyone is grown up will be very different from shippuuden. First of all, I don't think it will be nearly as long for such a substantial plot. The final of Shippuuden has Naruto and Sasuke fight the creator of chakra. It doesn't get bigger than that. I might be alone on this but I've always felt that Shippuuden was much darker than the original Naruto or more serious. The plot demands it but I reckon or hope a part 3 may be more laid back like the original.

Frog-fu

Banned
Kishi needs to do another fantasy series. But I doubt anything he does will be as popular as Naruto. This is his masterpiece and biggest contribution to the world.

It'll be very, very difficult to do something on the scale of Naruto again in terms of popularity and I doubt many manga-ka have it in them to commit to such a long journey again after they're done. Toriyama was done with all but short stories after Dragonball and that was about 42 volumes,

Togashi is probably the only one that really committed again, but YYH was pretty short by today's standards, around 160 chapters or so if I recall correctly. HxH is considerably bigger I would imagine, so perhaps, if Kishimoto wants to, he'll do that.

I have my doubts though, to be honest. I think Kishimoto wants to work on that mafia manga he always wanted to work on, Mario. I read the recent oneshot and found it pretty enjoyable. I could definitely see him return to that, or perhaps a baseball manga since he's a fan of the sport and he already did a oneshot called Bench which was alright I suppose.

Whatever Kishimoto does, there are two things I know for certain.

Naruto ending is going to kill a part of me, and whatever that great man does next, I'll support it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

If he can just fix his world building so that all the pieces of his universe are properly developed (IE: We actually see areas aside from the MC's bubble.), or if he maintained focus on the bubble and didn't have the story become a world-encompassing conflict, he'd be amazing.

Problem is Naruto got away from just being Leaf Village Ninja Adventures and became "How The Shinobi World Was, Is, and Will Be," but the only exposure to the ninja world outside of the leaf prior to the final arc (and the 5 kage transitional period) is the short visit to the sand village after the timeskip, and the fact that a lot of the villians happen to be from other villages (IE: Deidara is from the Stone, Sasori from the Sand, Gaara from the Sand, Zabuza and Kisame from the Mist, etc).

Maddocks

Lol. Naruto is a god now. I think you meant he will train Minato

That power is going away, no way does it stay with him and sasuke. Once he uses it to seal the baddy, the power goes with it. No way does kimish let naruto be a walking god.

I'll read whatever Kishimoto does next, but I really hope it's another fantasy kind of thing. I don't know if I would like a mafia or baseball manga. Naruto ending is sad to think about, but I do think it's time, unless Kishi figures out a cool way to continue the story.

I wonder if Naruto is still a Genin in the movie lol

I-hate-u

That power is going away, no way does it stay with him and sasuke. Once he uses it to seal the baddy, the power goes with it. No way does kimish let naruto be a walking god.

He would still be way OP for everyone else. What happens to Kyuubi though. All the beasts freed to live along side humans?

Naruto will free the beasts but Kurama will want to stay with him. Or maybe a small bit of it. Who knows. But yeah they're most definitely not keeping their powerups.

And yeah naruto is a badass as an adult. That hair and that gear gaddamn brah.

Maddocks

He would still be way OP for everyone else. What happens to Kyuubi though. All the beasts freed to live along side humans?

From what I can gather from naruto pretty much being the new age 6th paths, he would let them go free and hang out wherever they feel the most comfortable. This war has brought the villages together and when they seen into narutos heart when he shared his chakra with them, they probably all have a new respect for them too. They probably don't see the tailed beasts as beasts anymore but as very intelligent animals that have feelings and the ability to talk. So I'm sure the world after the war will be way more accepting to them even if they just want to hang out in their village. They can be like it was before, tailed beasts protect the village but not sealed in someone.

I can see a future where they show the villages and the tailed beasts are just there hanging out or exploring around without issues from the people because they will be helping eachother out. We getting a world peace ending and it will be glorious.

Khezu

After Kaguya goes, she takes all chakra and the tailed beasts with her.

Naruto part 3 is about Ninjas this time, instead of wizards.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
After Kaguya goes, she takes all chakra and the tailed beasts with her.

Naruto part 3 is about Ninjas this time, instead of wizards.
See, I was hoping we'd just get a parallel Narutoverse based on that one color spread, and everyone would be literal wizards instead. :p

Blown up sketches of adult Naruto.

tumblr_n95qjrCwPq1rkalabo1_1280.jpg

I love this one, he looks like a regular person and very approachable and nice. But has this toughness about him, you just know he can fuck you up. The haircut is the best shonen main character I've seen. But we will probable get this crap

Are fan drawings like this against the rules? I believe it's based on the sketch work and not just coloured in.

tumblr_n95zns0hRu1scgc85o1_500.jpg

This was based on the biggest sketch in the scan, probably going to be the actual one. booo :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Talking about the music a couple pages back has me listening to the part 1 OST again, and man, it's just so much better than Shippuden's soundtrack. Toshio Masuda has a kick to his music that Yasuharu Takanashi doesn't really replicate. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom