• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think there's a fine line between being a neglectful parent and a bad parent. Naruto has to be neglectful to some degree if it causes Bolt to act for his attention in the first place, but they've obviously got a good relationship so he's definitely not a bad parent.

I do wonder though, how could Naruto not have time for his kids if times are peaceful? I get that there's more to being Hokage than fighting wars, but by all indications Konoha is prosperous and peaceful, so either Bolt is being bratty or the summit meeting had Naruto busy for a while and for short period of time he couldn't hang out with his kids.

Dunno what the deal with Sasuke is though. Some of us got the impression he's a deadbeat dad so there's that.

The mini series will probably shed more light on that.

christ, Naruto had recently become hokage, he probably was working longer hours than before he became Hokage, that is, longer than Bolt was accustomed to. You guys are reading too much into this. Kid just wants more of his dad's attention.

tumblr_nett5mv0M21rnut9ko1_500.jpg

Mood whiplash.

I can't stop laughing. Jesus.

I'm just imagining Sauske revising the history of Konoha just a bit to Sarada for storytime, and then Sakura comically hitting him in the dome.

I already miss Naruto. :(

Welfare

The rumor mill for Naruto was always great to read. I remember a rumor that Pain and Naruto were bros, and Minato just straight up abandoned Pain somewhere, or something like that.

I miss Naruto already.

Mood whiplash.

I can't stop laughing. Jesus.

I'm just imagining Sauske revising the history of Konoha just a bit to Sarada for storytime, and then Sakura comically hitting him in the dome.

I already miss Naruto. :(

The Sauce would chop her damn arm off if she tried hitting him like she does Naruto.

I've just been playing some of Naruto Storm Revolution and just managed to unlock Kushina and Holy Shit am i pissed. This woman who is a God damn Jinchuuriki and a master of sealing jutsu fights with a fucking frying pan. Jesus Christ. You need to use her 'true' awakening to even get her to fight like an actual ninja.

Beyond annoyed, I was quite looking forward to seeing what kind of moveset they gave her and I am thoroughly disappointed.

OmegaDL50

Watch hes actually the best dad

After all the shit Sasuke went through with his family and Uchiha bloodline bullshit and the way his father looked down on him for not being as good as Itachi. It would be a safe bet Sasuke is likely to raise his kids better then he was raised.

Besides it might be a good jabbing point when he gets into verbal beatdowns against Naruto being the "better father" and all that.

I'm partially joking but I could see Sasuke get some kind of self-satisfaction in this sort of thing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've just been playing some of Naruto Storm Revolution and just managed to unlock Kushina and Holy Shit am i pissed. This woman who is a God damn Jinchuuriki and a master of sealing jutsu fights with a fucking frying pan. Jesus Christ. You need to use her 'true' awakening to even get her to fight like an actual ninja.

Beyond annoyed, I was quite looking forward to seeing what kind of moveset they gave her and I am thoroughly disappointed.

That's just sad

Pein

Banned

on the upside, she's thoroughly op. some character just don't have a moveset because they never used a jutsu. Look at Karin her whole moveset is perfume and kicks.

I think there's a fine line between being a neglectful parent and a bad parent. Naruto has to be neglectful to some degree if it causes Bolt to act for his attention in the first place, but they've obviously got a good relationship so he's definitely not a bad parent.

I do wonder though, how could Naruto not have time for his kids if times are peaceful? I get that there's more to being Hokage than fighting wars, but by all indications Konoha is prosperous and peaceful, so either Bolt is being bratty or the summit meeting had Naruto busy for a while and for short period of time he couldn't hang out with his kids.

Dunno what the deal with Sasuke is though. Some of us got the impression he's a deadbeat dad so there's that.

The mini series will probably shed more light on that.
I don't get how he can be neglectful of Bolt. The master of Shadow Clones can't give attention to his kid? Dude can be everywhere in the village if he wants to be. It just reeks of bad writing and a forced parallel with the first chapter.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't get how he can be neglectful of Bolt. The master of Shadow Clones can't give attention to his kid? Dude can be everywhere in the village if he wants to be. It just reeks of bad writing and a forced parallel with the first chapter.

I dont know if I cant take anyone seriously if they feel that people would feel respected that they would be talking and spending some time with some clone of naruto instead of actually naruto, to me that would be so impersonal no matter how close to naruto it is.

Joni

I dont know if I cant take anyone seriously if they feel that people would feel respected that they would be talking and spending some time with some clone of naruto instead of actually naruto, to me that would be so impersonal no matter how close to naruto it is.
Why couldn't he just let the clone do the Hokage work? Why doesn't he have two-three doing just that?

OmegaDL50

Why couldn't he just let the clone do the Hokage work? Why doesn't he have two-three doing just that?

Shikamaru is probably one of his advisers.

picture the following scenario.

Shikamaru : If I don't get to be a lazy fuck and watch clouds all day, you don't get to use your clones to cheat with your paperwork, Hokage-sama.
Naruto: Aww...no fair.
Shikamaru : You were the one that wanted this job in the first place, now suck it up.
Naruto: Yeah, yeah, I'm on it.

So how would you even tell the difference? Why does it even matter? Is everyone going to group up and debate with each other whether they hung out with the real Naruto? And then we'll get comedic aesop about how Naruto should balance his time like everyone else? Why should he? It's just so silly. Jamie Madrox doesn't have this problem.

I mean sure, let your wife and daughter visit your brother-in-law's grave and let your son act like a delinquent. Because oh boo hoo it's not the real one.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God why?

Also there were a few non pairing things I was sure was going to play out when I first started to read Naruto that ended up not happening.

1. I was sure that Jiraiya was Naruto's biological grandfather. Didn't happen.
2. I was certain the Gai was Lee's uncle or related in some way. Didn't happen
3. I thought they would find a way to remove the cage bird seal from Negi. Didn't happen
4. At the end of part one I was sure that Naruto's Mom was still alive. Didn't happen.
5. I thought Naruto would learn Sealing techniques from Jiraiya and rediscover the Uzimaki sealing techniques. should have happened.
6. I was use that Sakura's pink hair pointed to a inherited bloodline limit. Also should have happened.

I remember a time when some people were convinced that Naruto's mum was Kyuubi in human form.

Oh God why?

Also there were a few non pairing things I was sure was going to play out when I first started to read Naruto that ended up not happening.

1. I was sure that Jiraiya was Naruto's biological grandfather. Didn't happen.
2. I was certain the Gai was Lee's uncle or related in some way. Didn't happen
3. I thought they would find a way to remove the cage bird seal from Negi. Didn't happen
4. At the end of part one I was sure that Naruto's Mom was still alive. Didn't happen.
5. I thought Naruto would learn Sealing techniques from Jiraiya and rediscover the Uzimaki sealing techniques. should have happened.
6. I was use that Sakura's pink hair pointed to a inherited bloodline limit. Also should have happened.

I only ever really had one theory and that was that because Kamui was named differently from Amaterasu - Tsukuyomi - Susanoo that it would logically have a different 'third eye' power to Susanoo and thus the eye techniques one gets at that level are biological and Kakashi/Obito would be completely different.

I posted it on NF and got called a something to the effect of an idiot in the first post. People there are/can be utter pricks.

Oh well, I was wrong anyway but I still feel my logic was sound.

Village

After all the shit Sasuke went through with his family and Uchiha bloodline bullshit and the way his father looked down on him for not being as good as Itachi. It would be a safe bet Sasuke is likely to raise his kids better then he was raised.

Besides it might be a good jabbing point when he gets into verbal beatdowns against Naruto being the "better father" and all that.

I'm partially joking but I could see Sasuke get some kind of self-satisfaction in this sort of thing.

Hes the super cool dad and Naruto will be jello

hes the dad who lets his daughter plat in his hair and stuff but is badass so when he go outside with it no one says shit. Naruto be upset when his son not good at anything he but he like swords so he go sauce for swordsmanship

Yado

!!!
I played with her once to see her moveset and never bothered again. It's ridiculous.

So how would you even tell the difference? Why does it even matter? Is everyone going to group up and debate with each other whether they hung out with the real Naruto? And then we'll get comedic aesop about how Naruto should balance his time like everyone else? Why should he? It's just so silly. Jamie Madrox doesn't have this problem.

I mean sure, let your wife and daughter visit your brother-in-law's grave and let your son act like a delinquent. Because oh boo hoo it's not the real one.
Honsetly there must be some rule against using shadow clones on paperwork and such cause them every hokage would have used shadow clones instead of working. Its obvious he couldnt use a clone on the day of a 5 kage meeting.
also itd be obvious if it were a clone or not cause shouldnt he be working right now? Hinata probably visits nejis grave every day she probably understands narutos schedule as hokage is fucking packed he has to take care of the whole village and all of the military of konoha. He probably has to keep himself super focused.

Kishimoto should've kept the original limitation with clones, which required the clone to be within a certain distance from the user. But he had to make Naruto OP in Part 2.

Joni

Kishimoto should've kept the original limitation with clones, which required the clone to be within a certain distance from the user. But he had to make Naruto OP in Part 2.
I don't remember that limitation.

Honsetly there must be some rule against using shadow clones on paperwork and such cause them every hokage would have used shadow clones instead of working. Its obvious he couldnt use a clone on the day of a 5 kage meeting.
I suspect the first to use shadow clones so he could go play. And that is why the second had him put it on the list of forbidden jutsu.

Me neither...

You sure that was for Kage Bunshin?

You're right about that. It was Mizu Bunshin. Specifically it was when Zabuza first fought Kakashi and captured him with the water prison jutsu. Kakashi told his students to run away because there was a limitation to how far the bunshin could be from the original. I am just assuming that Kage Bunshin used to have the same limitation.

But it can't be denied that clones in terms of usage were different in Part 1 compared to Part 2. Having a clone scout ahead, kilometers away from the original, was introduced in the arc with Sai and Yamato. After that Naruto adopted it two arcs later and now there's no excuse for him to not be everywhere.

Just think how easy the last arc of part 1, the Sasuke retrieval arc, would have been if you could just have a clone go up ahead and do whatever.

Macbooks and skyscrapers, hell why not Iphones huh Temari?

He even frowns in his sleep...
tumblr_neswj5VRTW1qzanaao1_500.png

Also the alternate Sarada concept gif.
tumblr_nevfmo3sww1s131ozo1_500.gif

I personally like her the way she is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom