• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

I bet they will dedicate a whole episode to Neji's funeral. No way they cover it in a couple of minutes. Flashbacks galore and even new shit about Neji and Hinata's relationship will be shown.

the anime crew handled Hinata's confession superbly so I expect something similar for Neji's funeral.

Anime crew did alot of shit right.

Shame that they didn't have a higher budget for each episode.

I bet they will dedicate a whole episode to Neji's funeral. No way they cover it in a couple of minutes. Flashbacks galore and even new shit about Neji and Hinata's relationship will be shown.

the anime crew handled Hinata's confession superbly so I expect something similar for Neji's funeral.
I wouldnt say a full episode, maybe a quarter or half of an episode. I mean nejis funeral was only like 2 panels and the funeral was more for all the ninja who died in the war. i see them devoting that part to naruto trying to comfort Hinata or something.

Pretty cool

tumblr_n7u1d13r8Y1r3prb2o1_500.gif

I wouldnt say a full episode, maybe a quarter or half of an episode. I mean nejis funeral was only like 2 panels and the funeral was more for all the ninja who died in the war. i see them devoting that part to naruto trying to comfort Hinata or something.

I can see 699 being 2-3 episodes easily. There is a lot of falling action and events the chapter just glazes over that the anime could really dig into. The end of the ear, the release of the IS, the alliance celebrating victory, the funerals for those who were lost, and Sasuke preparing to leave, etc.

people still mad sakura didn't get with naruto? time to move on already, the war is over, you lost. Enjoy that we even got a small glimpse into the characters future. Some stories just end and you are left to wonder about the characters and this time we don't have to wonder. We got papa naruto with two kids, a great wife and he's hokage.

No! No one is mad about that. Sakura fans are pissed that she rolled the fuck out for Sasuke.

I agree that Sasuke ending up with Sakura is kinda sad
funny

but the problem isn't Sasuke... it is Sakura chasing after that dude through anything

Kinda makes Naruto ending with Hinata as an even better thing then it already is (Naruto was smart in giving up on her and finding someone he would love more)

I agree that Sasuke ending up with Sakura is kinda sad
funny

but the problem isn't Sasuke... it is Sakura chasing after that dude through anything

Kinda makes Naruto ending with Hinata as a even better thing then it already is (Naruto was smart in giving up on her and finding someone he would love more)
You also have to look at it from Hinata's perspective. She got the guy! I know it's always about the guy getting the girl but she scored and got what she wanted.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If the translation of the theme song for the movie is anything to go by, Naruto first love was actually Hinata and if that's the case then it's like I suspected what he felt towards Sakura was just a silly crush, those you get for the popular girl in the class when you are starting to hit puberty but eventually as you mature you get over it.

that's if the translation to that song isn't bogus.

No chapter this week... I wonder how Kishimoto is feeling. He had to meet a weekly deadline for 15 years, and now he doesn't have anything to do.

If the translation of the theme song for the movie is anything to go by, Naruto first love was actually Hinata and if that's the case then it's like I suspected what he felt towards Sakura was just a silly crush, those you get for the popular girl in the class when you are starting to hit puberty but eventually as you mature you get over it.

that's if the translation to that song isn't bogus.
The translation is this one right?

Why? Why? Why are you crying so?
I know all that you went through, you waited so long
Why? Why? I took so long getting to you?
How could I not realize? I finally found you…
It was hard to find
Now my feelings are different

(Chorus)
My heart wants to be with you
You're my other half
In a slip to the stars...

Why? Why? Why that expression?
You don’t have to worry anymore….

Why? Why? .....
All this time I did not see you
My feelings were confused
I just needed a because to love
A simple decision that I should have taken

(Chorus)
Enjoy life with you
You're the perfect person
That lifelong wait
I promise I’ll protect you
You are the star that shines on my sky

My heart will follow you to the end
No matter what happens
We can overcome anything
That's what I want.... It's what I want
That I want to do.

(Chorus)
My heart wants to be with you
You're my other half
In a slip to the stars ... .
We will face anything
And nothing will stop us ...
Nobody can ( x2 )
No chapter this week... I wonder how Kishimoto is feeling. He had to meet a weekly deadline for 15 years, and now he doesn't have anything to do.

Isn't he finally going on his Honey Moon?

Erigu

Unless you're Sakura, obviously.

''Mama,there goes that man''
tumblr_nevux1xmlz1u0gz3io1_1280.jpg

Let me ask my friends in this thread a honest question. Now that a week has passed and you had time to think about the ending. Are you now satisfied and willing to except the finale?

e2b9i.jpg

I know I was..

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
''Mama,there goes that man''
tumblr_nevux1xmlz1u0gz3io1_1280.jpg

Let me ask my friends in this thread a honest question. Now that a week has passed and you had time to think about the ending. Are you now satisfied and willing to except the finale?

e2b9i.jpg

I know I was..
Im fine with it, sure. If im going to be honest, I really love kaguya's design too much to be disappointed in her.

awwwwww

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's been a week and I still have the urge to climb a mountain top and scream my happiness at finally seeing Naruto x HInata happen. It's been ages that I've shipped a non yuri paring this hard for so long.

Pein

Banned
I'm happy for my boy Naruto, but still salty about the other pair.

it weirds me out that Naruto or Sasuke never even kissed a girl in the manga and then we see the boning is over and they have kids now.

I hope The last really is a romance movie and provides some insight about all this.
Why won't shipping leave my mind dammit

Isn't Kishimoto supposedly doing a 3 volume short in 2015 that basically covers the events after the Manga that acts like an encore.

I could be mistaken and this news should be taken with a heaping grain of salt

http://www.latintimes.com/naruto-ma...2015-what-comes-after-shippuden-report-273888

the spinoff mini series (in 2015) that will be taking place after the ending of 700 is true

it being 3 volumes is likely not since we never got that info from anywhere

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im not usually a shipping person, over the years, ive fallen for romance in stories nowadays but I never really go online and do the whole tumblr shipping community thing, but if theres one thing I actively was for in terms of shipping was narutoXhinata and I couldnt tell you why.

Pein

Banned
The 3 volumes things is a number pulled out of nowhere. I hope its at least 5 or 6 volumes.

then it sells gangbusters and this train keeps going for another 10 years.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Im not usually a shipping person, over the years, ive fallen for romance in stories nowadays but I never really go online and do the whole tumblr shipping community thing, but if theres one thing I actively was for in terms of shipping was narutoXhinata and I couldnt tell you why.

it just makes sense

OmegaDL50

I'm happy for my boy Naruto, but still salty about the other pair.

it weirds me out that Naruto or Sasuke never even kissed a girl in the manga and then we see the boning is over and they have kids now.

I hope The last really is a romance movie and provides some insight about all this.
Why won't shipping leave my mind dammit

I can consider worse alternatives.

I used to be / maybe still am a huge fan of Ranma 1/2 when I was growing up, so you can quite imagine how disappointed I was reaching the end of Manga volume 38 and nothing being resolved. I felt kind of hollow for a few days after the fact.

I also hate ambiguous endings. Which the author just leaves up to interpretation. To me this seems like a copout in being unable to create an actual conclusion.

Naruto in this regard does exceedingly well except for two things, Both Orochimaru and Kabuto remain unaccounted for. We don't know what happened to them except they are still out there somewhere.

So with the viz translations can the argument of naruto being a bad father be put to rest? Hima says Just her and her brother. Iruka just says busy, not always busy.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I can consider worse alternatives.

I used to be / maybe still am a huge fan of Ranma 1/2 when I was growing up, so you can quite imagine how disappointed I was reaching the end of Manga volume 38 and nothing being resolved. I felt kind of hollow for a few days after the fact.

I also hate ambiguous endings. Which the author just leaves up to interpretation. To me this seems like a copout in being unable to create an actual conclusion.

Naruto in this regard does exceedingly well except for two things, Both Orochimaru and Kabuto remain unaccounted for. We don't know what happened to them except they are still out there somewhere.

How Kishimoto dealt with Orochimaru was weird, he got no proper closure. A shame because he was the best villain in the series, he was pure evil no bullshit about unrequited love or anything. Just an evil son of bitch.

How Kishimoto dealt with Orochimaru was weird, he got no proper closure. A shame because he was the best villain in the series, he was pure evil no bullshit about unrequited love or anything. Just an evil son of bitch.
Best part was that he loved every single second of it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Thinking back on it Naruto actually did pretty well in the villain department

all that Uchiha trollin'

Pein

Banned

yeah, his only goal was power for the hell of it. Orochimaru still the GOAT.

Furyous

yeah, his only goal was power for the hell of it. Orochimaru still the GOAT.

The GOAT is convo is weird after looking at the end of the series.
Obito ran the Mist village for a while and was instrumental in placing Pein in charge of the Rain village. He cheated death as well.
Itachi is in a class by himself.

Now that the series is over, can we talk about moments where it could've ended?
If Obito presses his luck and fights Madara then the series ends arguably 10 chapters later with Madara's victory. They fight back Kabuto and force him to start the war early or with Madara from the start. The kages left to fight Madara quickly so him being there from the start means they lose most of their troops early. Thankfully that didn't happen because that ending sucks.

wmlk

Maybe if every character was as well written as Itachi, Kushina, and Jiraiya, the world would be a much happier place.

come on kishi

OmegaDL50

Orochimaru is GOAT because he was probably immune to TnJ.

I still can't believe they tried to plot explain the existence of TnJ
with the Sage's Ninshu

Well it had the same premise more or less, basically being able to reach understanding without resorting to conflict.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now that Naruto is done, I'm revisiting earlier Bleach. I wish it stayed at that Soul Society level of quality, because this series had soooo much potential.

Ironically it did do what Naruto didn't, which is give its side characters (all five million of them) ample screen time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom