• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
people still mad sakura didn't get with naruto? time to move on already, the war is over, you lost. Enjoy that we even got a small glimpse into the characters future. Some stories just end and you are left to wonder about the characters and this time we don't have to wonder. We got papa naruto with two kids, a great wife and he's hokage.

Are some of you actually bothering to read the criticism, because this is starting to get really fucking stupid.

Maddocks

Are some of you actually bothering to read the criticism, because this is starting to get really fucking stupid.

are you? because on blogs and other silly sites that is some people main issue. They are mad that naruto is not with sakura, they are vocal enough to force kimish assistants to comment on them.

But anyway, I'm done with this thread. Time to move on from this silly discussion so I won't be back because no one is going to move on and its now just a place not for discussion but fanart, so I'm out.

Not every upset fan is in this thread. Yes, there are people upset that Naruto isn't with Sakura. Criticisms in this thread have been (for the most part) more levelheaded, but the others still exist.

OmegaDL50

Not every upset fan is in this thread. Yes, there are people upset that Naruto isn't with Sakura. Criticisms in this thread have been (for the most part) more levelheaded, but the others still exist.

When it comes to fandom, especially shippers and fanfiction, some people tend to take things to the extremes, this is especially evident with Naruto.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
LOL people wanted sakura and naruto together? Hahaahahahahahaha

I'm so glad Hinata the gawd ended up with my boy Naruto. The only other suitable replacement was Sasuke. And we all know that Sasuke was going to meet Naruto's permanent Kage Bunshin (a technique he developed after becoming Hokage in order to keep an eye on the "outskirts" of the village) for some intense one-on-one. So either way, Naruto's getting his.

Thattaboytebayo

LOL people wanted sakura and naruto together? Hahaahahahahahaha

I'm so glad Hinata the gawd ended up with my boy Naruto. The only other suitable replacement was Sasuke. And we all know that Sasuke was going to meet Naruto's permanent Kage Bunshin (a technique he developed after becoming Hokage in order to keep an eye on the "outskirts" of the village) for some intense one-on-one. So either way, Naruto's getting his.

Thattaboytebayo

this post gives new meaning to my avatar

OmegaDL50

I read some ridiculous ideas when it comes to fandom.

Like the time of a DBZ and Naruto crossover, which was pretty out there.

Like Naruto did Kage Bunshin and a Clone did the fusion dance with Goku, or some nonsense like that.

In my mind I'm thinking "What'll happen if the hybrid fusion clone gets popped? Does the Goku half die?"

That was one of the sillier aspects of Naruto fandom I've discovered. Let us not speak of the darker paths that lead to the SasuNaru stuff that some fans come up with...*shiver*

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Reading some chapters of the final arc, to Sasuke Sakura didn't even exist he gave no fucks at all. Lol

I agree that Sasuke ending up with Sakura is kinda sad
funny

but the problem isn't Sasuke... it is Sakura chasing after that dude through anything

Kinda makes Naruto ending with Hinata as an even better thing then it already is (Naruto was smart in giving up on her and finding someone he would love more)

If Naruto was able to have faith in the friendship he and Sasuke had despite everything than there should be no problem believing Sakura was able to have faith in her love for Sasuke and that he would would return. Although, she did lose faith he would return at one time but Naruto never did.

Now that Naruto is done, I'm revisiting earlier Bleach. I wish it stayed at that Soul Society level of quality, because this series had soooo much potential.

Ironically it did do what Naruto didn't, which is give its side characters (all five million of them) ample screen time.

Bleach Soul Society arc is phenomenal. I used to love Bleach but it turned repetitive real quick and Ichigo turned out to be everything......everything.

More fanart

tumblr_newqyv83TU1rxufreo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_newd7fHfaz1rqy9gpo1_1280.jpg

Tenck

Couldn't find a recent thread suitable for this, and don't want to start one for just a single question (plus I don't want to bump dead ones either).

I'm trying to catch up on the whole story. Last part I left off was around the part where Sakura tells Naruto she loves him. That he doesn't have to chase after Sasuke anymore, which he calls her out for as being a lie.

If anyone can tell me around where that is I'd appreciate it (would appreciate a PM so I didn't have to accidentally catch any spoilers on this page (if there is any)).

Frog-fu

Banned
Reading some chapters of the final arc, to Sasuke Sakura didn't even exist he gave no fucks at all. Lol

Yup.

People dismissing the criticism conveniently forget that before he put Sakura through a genjutsu of him killing her 7 chapters ago.

Before that he openly shared his intentions to kill Naruto and Tsunade.

Before that he was fine with letting her and Kakashi drop in fucking lava.

Before that he was giving her shit for being useless and said the only reason he shielded her and Kakashi from IT was because they were right next to Naruto.

This was like 15-20 chapters chapters.

Dude was a genuine piece of shit to her and so many others, and she rolled over like nothing, reading to leave behind her friends, family and career to go off with him wherever the fuck he was going. You don't have to give two shits who she ends up with to be be annoyed by that. She's left with not an ounce of self-respect in the end.

Couldn't find a recent thread suitable for this, and don't want to start one for just a single question (plus I don't want to bump dead ones either).

I'm trying to catch up on the whole story. Last part I left off was around the part where Sakura tells Naruto she loves him. That he doesn't have to chase after Sasuke anymore, which he calls her out for as being a lie.

If anyone can tell me around where that is I'd appreciate it (would appreciate a PM so I didn't have to accidentally catch any spoilers on this page (if there is any)).

From memory, I think it's around 460.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Check your pm

From memory, I think it's around 460.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Just a random thought.

wtf is up with Kishimoto not giving surnames to so many characters? Tenten, Jiraiya, Gaara's family, etc? They can't all be orphans of war, and even if most were, orphans can still have surnames.

D'you think he was just being lazy?

Kishi talked about this in an interview. He originally gave Gaara a full name but the editor didn't like it. They changed the given name to Gaara and eventually dropped the surname.

Frog-fu

Banned
Kishi talked about this in an interview. He originally gave Gaara a full name but the editor didn't like it. They changed the given name to Gaara and eventually dropped the surname.

Booo.

It really irks me when characters of relevance aren't given surnames. Or any names. Remember how long it was before we found out Hiruzen's name?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Booo.

It really irks me when characters of relevance aren't given surnames. Or any names. Remember how long it was before we found out Hiruzen's name?

Who?

The problem with giving everyone long names, or surnames that almost never get used, in a series with a large cast is that no one will remember them. You can see it in Bleach, all the relevent character have full names but hardly anyone can remember them. It's better to pick a unique sounding name that fits the character and go with that, even if its not a full name. Gaara alone is fine.

Frog-fu

Banned
Who?

The problem with giving everyone long names, or surnames that almost never get used, in a series with a large cast is that no one will remember them. You can see it in Bleach, all the relevent character have full names but hardly anyone can remember them. It's better to pick a unique sounding name that fits the character and go with that, even if its not a full name. Gaara alone is fine.

Third Hokage.

Bleach makes it difficult to keep track because the names tend be long and difficult to remember.

The Sauce fanart that keeps getting posted in this thread sure likes to make him act out of character.

They kinda have to be. Otherwise it'd just be him scowling, glowering or looking apathetic.

Yup.

People dismissing the criticism conveniently forget that before he put Sakura through a genjutsu of him killing her 7 chapters ago.

Before that he openly shared his intentions to kill Naruto and Tsunade.

Before that he was fine with letting her and Kakashi drop in fucking lava.

Before that he was giving her shit for being useless and said the only reason he shielded her and Kakashi from IT was because they were right next to Naruto.

This was like 15-20 chapters chapters.

Dude was a genuine piece of shit to her and so many others, and she rolled over like nothing, reading to leave behind her friends, family and career to go off with him wherever the fuck he was going. You don't have to give two shits who she ends up with to be be annoyed by that. She's left with not an ounce of self-respect in the end.

Well... Even though all that actually happened, you're just mad because you ship didn't sail! I can freely dismis all of you criticism because of Internet blogs and tumbler.

This is sarcasm ofcourse.

Frog-fu

Banned
Well... Even though all that actually happened, you're just mad because you ship didn't sail! I can freely dismis all of you criticism because of Internet blogs and tumbler.

This is sarcasm ofcourse.

Pretty much the reality of how it is.

It's like people are happy enough that Naruto and Hinata ended up together to the point they don't give two fucks that SasuSaku contradicts the development all throughout the manga in which Sakura was given nothing but reasons to give up on him, which she eventually did, only to end up with him anyway when he arguably treated her worse than ever before. Even if you prefer Naruto and Hinata, I don't see why Sakura would have to end up with one or the other. Why would her options even have to be limited to Naruto and Sasuke?

And if it had to be Sasuke, why writeit in the way that hurts her character the most? Hardly any time passes after she accepts his lame ass apology before she's willing to be his waifu. Sakura has never been a favourite of mine, but I did defend her, and I do think the way that pairing came to be was a disservice her and her fans.

Sasuke being a completely different character with a completely different history is the only way that SasuSaku makes sense.

I can look at a NaruHina or NaruSaku fan art with them being all happy smiles and whatnot, and I can totally buy that being an accurate representation of what their life would be like.

SasuSaku, not so much.

I don't think its a stretch to see Sasuke acting affectionate towards Sakura and Sarada considering that its 10+ years after 699 ( in which he openly did show affection to Sakura) and he's obviously loved her to decide to start a family with her. Its been said but in 700, Sarada does refer to her parents in a close manner suggesting that they do have a good relationship.

Sasuke telling some of those jokes.......yeah thats hard to imagine.

Frog-fu

Banned
I really like the idea of Sasuke being a very protective and doting father despite being seemingly cold and distant outwardly, but I have time believing it when I see it in fan art just because SasuSaku was poisoned a long time ago, presumably in order to build up to a NaruSaku endgame that Kishimoto eventually changed his mind about.

It would've been believable if Sasuke at least had a soft spot for Sakura, but aside from his thanking her before his desertion and acknowledging her by name whenever they met, he's been equally terrible, if not worse, to her as he has been to pretty much everyone else.

Okay guys what would you do then instead of Sasuke/Sakura?
I would make them both be single

Sakura just focuses on her medical career (which she could still be doing in this canon ending) and Sasuke would still be walking around or maybe being some Kinoha ambassador (but I wouldn't mind if he got with someone seeing as he needs to not let his clan go extinct)

Of course Naruhina is untouchable so Naruto is out of any future Sakura pairings (seeing as he is fully dedicated to the happiness of Hinata and his children)

Edit: Still people can change... Sasuke returned back to his senses and for all we know he found happiness after getting a daughter... He is all about that "gotta revenge my family business", so I wouldn't be shocked if he overly loves his daughter

Frog-fu

Banned
lol this can't be real.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/e8b3c32709b0afc64c01ff8723e25c68/tumblr_inline_newof1LUcE1sdmccd.jpg[/IMG]

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, SasuSaku was totally obvious from the start. Seriously.

Shouta made a good post about it, that if you consider Sasuke's actions "just business", things make sense. He's been a proven liar when it comes to his feelings multiple times, so I don't understand why you're putting so much stock into what he says, e.g. "I have no reason to love her" (lol, then why did you marry her?).

In general, Kishi was supremely obvious about his pairings (the ones that had hints anyway... ChouKarui, wut), so I'm not sure why there was confusion.

Frog-fu

Banned
Dude, SasuSaku was totally obvious from the start. Seriously.

Shouta made a good post about it, that if you consider Sasuke's actions "just business", things make sense. He's been a proven liar when it comes to his feelings multiple times, so I don't understand why you're putting so much stock into what he says, e.g. "I have no reason to love her" (lol, then why did you marry her?).

In general, Kishi was supremely obvious about his pairings (the ones that had hints anyway... ChouKarui, wut), so I'm not sure why there was confusion.

All these "This pairing was so obvious" posts are such disingenuous bullshit. They were obvious to you, were they really, even though the rest of the fandom were debating the merits and likelihood of said pairings for over a decade?

Yeah, it was so obvious how Naruto was going to end up with Hinata even though barely spoke to her and pined for Sakura right up until the epilogue. Kishimoto doubling down on Naruto and Sakura with yet another parallel towards the end by liking Sakura to Kushina was such an obvious feint.

I suppose "Just business" can join the long list of excuses for Sasuke's douchebaggery, right under "he was crazy that time."

OmegaDL50

So how long was Naruto in regards to timeline. Series started when Naruto was 11 and ended when he was 17, right? So 6 full years.

Now then the post-war / final battle. We see Naruto married and with his oldest child being what about 8 to 11 years old right? So Naruto is likely be in his mid to late 30's

Still we are talking about how SasuSaku can't be justified despite all of Sasuke's actions during the last part of the war.

Even if Sasuke hooks up with Sakura in events after the post-war. Even if they don't get married until their early 20's that still gives about 4 to 5 years worth of character growth we cannot account for SasuSaku to make sense.

I'd say a lot can happen to a person or persons over the period of 4 to 5 years, just something to consider.

Maybe some of it will be explained in "The Last", or even the Encore Manga that is going to happen in 2015.

It's 13. Start + 3 year time skip + 1 year of plot until the war + 2 year timeskip after the war + 15 year time skip. That makes Naruto 34 years old by the end.

OmegaDL50

It's 13. Start + 3 year time skip + 1 year of plot until the war + 2 year timeskip after the war + 15 year time skip. That makes Naruto 34 years old by the end.

Right, I was using this as time after the war that we don't see to make sense of Sasuke and Sakura actually being in a relationship, married and even with a kid.

I mean we are talking about the same series that Sasuke looked up and idolized his older brother wanting to emulate to a degree, to overnight wanting to kill him because of what happened to his family, to again respecting his brother over a small time period after learning the truth.

If you look at things in this angle, It doesn't seem out of reason or impossibility for Sasuke to get over his "annoyance" with Sakura in a 4 to 5 year time period for that kind of relationship to make sense.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
All these "This pairing was so obvious" posts are such disingenuous bullshit. They were obvious to you, were they really, even though the rest of the fandom were debating the merits and likelihood of said pairings for over a decade?

Yeah, it was so obvious how Naruto was going to end up with Hinata even though barely spoke to her and pined for Sakura right up until the epilogue. Kishimoto doubling down on Naruto and Sakura with yet another parallel towards the end by liking Sakura to Kushina was such an obvious feint.

I suppose "Just business" can join the long list of excuses for Sasuke's douchebaggery, right under "he was crazy that time."

For me Naruhina was obvious because of what Kishi said in interviews, not because of stuff happening in the manga. There was also no way it wasn't happening after the volume 64 cover.

There was definitely a bait and switch but looking back I can see how it was red herring. Kushina asked Naruto to do a whole bunch of things. Naruto...kind of does all of them. So....Why would he follow her last plea, regarding girls, to a T?

It was made to be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom