• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Or hear me out on this, Naruto: Advance Warfare!

With:

A) Macbooks,skyscrapers,military vehicles and aircraft.

B) EXO suits, I mean come on chakra powered Exo suits is the future

C) Story revolves around Bolt and his generation class making through the ranks

D) ??????

E) PROFIT?
rCbDfNT.jpg

(crickets chirping)............
erwQ0N5.jpg

I'll see myself out...
1jKbv2e.jpg

CassSept

Or hear me out on this, Naruto: Advance Warfare!

With:

A) Macbooks,skyscrapers,military vehicles and aircraft.

B) EXO suits, I mean come on chakra powered Exo suits is the future

C) Story revolves around Bolt and his generation class making through the ranks

D) ??????

E) PROFIT?
http://i.imgur.com/rCbDfNT.jpg[IMG]

[B](crickets chirping)............[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/erwQ0N5.jpg[IMG]
[B][I]I'll see myself out...[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Will it feature Uchiha Sharintank?

Frog-fu

Banned
Dunno why Sakura would be mad at Naruto but just go with it. It's a Scrub reference, that makes it awesome by default.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/798048f2a363dec536f91d8cd008bc6c/tumblr_nexv2nyO9O1r94h8ho1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Shouta

how are the naruto fighting games?

Storm games are probably the best overall as they express Ninja combat better in all aspects but the GNT games are the closest to standard fighting games. Biggest problem with the Storm games is that CC has trouble balancing them due to the type of combat it utilizes.

Also, you guys still getting into a tizzy. sheesh

TUSR

Banned
If Part 3 does happen, would you all rather see...

A) A focus on Bolt and classmates, with Naruto and older ninja functioning as supporting cast (AKA Part I redux)

B) Focus to remain on Naruto, with Bolt and co. serving supporting roles (Konohamaru style)

C) A mix of both

D) A complete shift where it's something totally different (Prequel, focus on another village, etc.)

SOL Naruto Hinata family

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Definitely A. I want to see shurikens, kunais, scrolls, paper bombs, taijutsu and the occasional ninjutsu and genjutsu. Keep it simple and ninja-like, no rasengans or other kind of kamehamehas.

Maybe show what the adults are doing a couple of times (I'd be the first to sign up for some nice NaruHina husband/wife interaction), but keep 85% of the focus on the kids.

Frog-fu

Banned
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/617eae8ff3604f1bc47f59fefd56dc28/tumblr_nf00clo0Li1szkhbbo1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/ed54fc5fb64167727a33df51aca63882/tumblr_nf00clo0Li1szkhbbo2_1280.png[/IMG]

some more Kishi sketches on the LAST

tumblr_nf0djjb6SJ1t7zavyo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nf0djjb6SJ1t7zavyo1_500.jpg

Sasuke went through some changes it seems....
well at least what is under the cloak is the same as those leaked images awhile back

Frog-fu

Banned
This meme can never be allowed to die.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/73ab0508acbfd78b7da5c5eead53a4d5/tumblr_nf0er1xtuy1u14nfzo2_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/2008f2e9c3af6f7bff5429c00009d950/tumblr_nf0er1xtuy1u14nfzo3_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/223cc511f50cd1da939864756f4215b9/tumblr_nf0er1xtuy1u14nfzo4_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/71310cccc581a6812c5aa0806679e142/tumblr_nf0er1xtuy1u14nfzo1_500.png[/IMG]

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ranking of Sasukes:

Sasuke's Part I design (the original) = Great

Sasuke's Part I design (Jumpsuit) = Terrible, but quickly reverted

Sasuke's Part II design (Orosuke) = Pretty cool

Sasuke's Part II design (Takasuke) = Dumb bangs

Sasuke's The Last design (Hobo Swagsuke) = weirdly awesome

Sasuke's final design we only see for a few panels in one chapter (Madara 2.0) = His best design

Edit:

This is actually his best design.

The Shinju is living Mokuton. Now it makes sence why Mokuton is able to control the Biju, Mokuton is their original form.

Even in adulthood he still never went back to get that artificial arm.

some more Kishi sketches on the LAST

tumblr_nf0djjb6SJ1t7zavyo2_1280.jpg

Sasuke went through some changes it seems....
well at least what is under the cloak is the same as those leaked images awhile back

wow if only Pierrot were good at animating.....Kishi's drawing of Sasuke looks so much better.

I agree that looks like the best Sasuke design.

This post needs to be made. Studio Pierrot are a shit studio. I totally regret Naruto being assigned to them and even when its probably the only property keeping them afloat they treat it like shit.

The Last movie designs look poor compared to the designs Kishi has drawn:

Naruto:

Sasuke and Sakura:

They'll probably ruin Kakashi as well.

If Part 3 does happen, would you all rather see...

A) A focus on Bolt and classmates, with Naruto and older ninja functioning as supporting cast (AKA Part I redux)

B) Focus to remain on Naruto, with Bolt and co. serving supporting roles (Konohamaru style)

C) A mix of both

D) A complete shift where it's something totally different (Prequel, focus on another village, etc.)
I'd chose

E) Letting the series finally get it's well deserved rest. Because there will never ever be a Part 3 after Kishi has been waiting to move on this manga for quite some time now.

The NFL Official Page showing it's respect for Naruto lol

WXnFiLH.png

Buffalo isn't good enough to have Uchiha blood

Yado

This post needs to be made. Studio Pierrot are a shit studio. I totally regret Naruto being assigned to them and even when its probably the only property keeping them afloat they treat it like shit.

Naruto:

Sasuke and Sakura:

It's like they didn't change anything about their faces at all. In Sakura's case her face is more oval than teenage Sakura's, it's subtle but it makes a difference in terms of softening her features and making her look older. That doesn't seem like it would be a hard task for an animation studio.

Older Naruto has a more angular face as well, he looks scrappier. They gave him the same teenage babyface with a hair swap.

av2k

May I ask why Studio Pierrot is a shit studio? I'm not familiar with anime studios here. What do they do that you disapprove of? The last trailer to me looks pretty fluid in animation.

Hans Holo

Banned
It's the character design. If you compare Kishi's scetches with the movie posters for example, you see the difference in quality. In the scetches they look older and different from their pre-timeskip designs, like they grew up a bit. In the last they just look the same with different hair.

Not only that, but they draw the characters pretty shitty. There have been several posts in this thread where some people compared manga panels to their anime counterpart. Anime looks so horrible.

When I was young and saw Naruto in the TV i always thought to myself "what is this shit, it's so ugly" and hated Naruto because of the anime. Only when i discovered the manga I became a hardcore fan.

The studio's animation quality is dog shit. There is some good episodes, but that is rare. I cringe on the BM Naruto episode. They phoned in on one of the most important event in Naruto. All of the recent episodes excluding Kakashi vs Obito were shit as well.

Yado

It's the character design. If you compare Kishi's scetches with the movie posters for example, you see the difference in quality. In the scetches they look older and different from their pre-timeskip designs, like they grew up a bit. In the last they just look the same with different hair.

Not only that, but they draw the characters pretty shitty. There have been several posts in this thread where some people compared manga panels to their anime counterpart. Anime looks so horrible.

When I was young and saw Naruto in the TV i always thought to myself "what is this shit, it's so ugly" and hated Naruto because of the anime. Only when i discovered the manga I became a hardcore fan.

lol this is exactly how it went for me as well.

Fox318

Naruto:

Sasuke and Sakura:

So why doesn't Sasuke want an arm?

Frog-fu

Banned
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8ed2ea4479977df8094f774137fc3045/tumblr_nbtbcsgDob1rmvbg0o1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/a480d3d8f569d70e6d0a4163fd427e01/tumblr_nctm4cGHR71rm6slko1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So why doesn't Sasuke want an arm?

probably as a form of self punishment for being an asshole.

Yeah probably that. The guilt is real.

May I ask why Studio Pierrot is a shit studio? I'm not familiar with anime studios here. What do they do that you disapprove of? The last trailer to me looks pretty fluid in animation.

1) They do not do Kishi's drawing's justice as I have shown. His sketches all show the main three characters with a much more matured look while in the anime the characters look unusual.

2) Lack of budget in the Naruto anime series. Now to be fair Naruto as an anime is ridiculously long but even notable moments in Naruto are sometimes badly animated despite the amount of money the franchise makes.

Now they do excel in the fighting choreography department but thats due to certain key animators. I have no doubt the movie will have great animation since it will actually have a decent budget. The animation in The Last looks great.

People often ask ''What happened to Orochimaru and Why he wasn't in the finale''?

According to some they say he became a security officer or even a bridesmaid....
IBO9Sa9.jpg

5Alt529.jpg

The thought of Orochimaru as a bridesmaid is....
sad-dumb-and-dumber-crying-jim-carrey.gif

They always drop the ball when it comes to Naruto fights.

This is surprisingly true.....maybe its because Naruto is not good at taijutsu.
Only fight that Naruto was in and that was animated well (and by well I mean stunningly) was the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

In Shippuuden the fights that are extremely well animated were:

Sakura vs Sasori
Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu
Sasuke vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Deidara
Sasuke vs Killer Bee
Hinata vs Pain

Frog-fu

Banned
The best animation in the Pain fight is Hinata trying to save Naruto, and that's like 2-3 pages in the manga lol. Like she runs up and get nope'd the fuck outta there.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Only naruto that was animated well (and by well I mean legendarily) was the naruto vs Sasuke fight.

Sakura vs Sasori
Sasuke vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Deidara
Sasuke vs Killer Bee
Hinata vs Pain

Hope when you're saying Sakura vs Sasori you're not referring to Chiyo vs Sasori or Chiyo+Sakura, but some very specific segment where Chiyo was out of the picture

sasori-vs-chiyo-o.gif

OmegaDL50

Dammit! Is this for the Shonen Jump contest? This one is pretty good!!!! nice job :)

I want them to make another Shippuden Storm game, just to have 30 year old Naruto and the rest of the crew costumes.

I don't think they even properly finished the series in Storm 3, so a Storm 4 that wraps up the story with a Extra future arc with the few remaining post-war characters would be kind of cool, such as Hokage Kakashi, 7th Naruto, etc.

Although they would probably be just "skins" even so, still want it.

Only fight that Naruto was in and that was animated well (and by well I mean stunningly) was the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

Sakura vs Sasori
Sasuke vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Deidara
Sasuke vs Killer Bee
Hinata vs Pain

What pissed me off was the episode where Naruto activated BM. That was such a shit tier animation. The Sasuke and Naruto vs Obito was shit tier as well. Ughhh

This studio sucks. I exclude the movies because those are a bunch of non-canon drivel anyways.

Dragon Ball Z was pretty bad here and there, but at least they gave good animation to the important fights and that was years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom