• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's not known how many of the gates Kakashi can open - he's only ever been seen opening the first gate.

How did Obito and Kakashi move through the gravity based dimensions while everyone else couldn't?

Is it because Kaguya adjusted some stuff?

Why didn't Kaguya just toss Sasuke back into another dimension again?
Sakura and Obito are clearly drained

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Naruto healed Kakashi eye so he has the shannigan again

I wish Kishi had illustrated a bigger difference between Raikiri and Chidori, they look exactly the same and there's no noticeable power difference, there's no good reason for them to be different jutsus.

Daddy Raikage's lightning fingers is what Kishi should have went for, same function but a very noticeable power difference and unique look.

Majine

Banned
One thing I'm not buying is the fact that Obito can go into Kaguyas dimension on his own. A couple of chapters ago, Bee (or Hachibi) asked if all dimensions were linked, to which Kakashi said "No. It's just mine and Obito that's linked"... oh, but now it's not? Oh wait, it's time based? So all you have to do is sync it? ....Okay....

I wish Kishi had illustrated a bigger difference between Raikiri and Chidori, they look exactly the same and there's no noticeable power difference, there's no good reason for them to be different jutsus.

Daddy Raikage's lightning fingers is what Kishi should have went for, same function but a very noticeable power difference and unique look.

I believe the difference is that Kakahi's is sharper.

When Kakashi use's it, his whole arm pierces clean through the target, whereas sasuke typically only get's his hand or fingers lodge inside.

Sasuke doesn't really use chidori anymore though, he usually prefers to go with the lightning sword instead.

Caja 117

Im a bit rusty but if I recall in the chunin exam Gai explained the Jutsu name is Chidori, whereas Raikiri was a nickname because Kakashi once split lighting in two with it, or something like that.

Im a bit rusty but if I recall in the chunin exam Gai explained the Jutsu name is Chidori, whereas Raikiri was a nickname because Kakashi once split lighting in two with it, or something like that.

Raikiri's an S rank jutsu that combines shape and nature manipulation

Chidori is an A-rank that only uses nature manipulation

To put it simply Raikiri would be the wind rasengan to chidori's regular rasengan, its just that the rasengans are vastly different in effect and power while chidori/raikiri are hardly any different.

Caja 117

To put it simply Raikiri would be the wind rasengan to chidori's regular rasengan, its just that the rasengans are vastly different in effect and power while chidori/raikiri are hardly any different.

Did you get this info from the Databook? Im havent reread the manga in years

Either way bare in mind that both Jutsu were introduced before the Nature manipulation chapters, hence before that the only difference was the Nickname.

Wind Style rasengan is pretty similar to regular rasengan, Rasenshuriken is the one very different. Mmm does that means that the Chidori spear is Sasuke's counterpart to the rasenshuriken.

Wind Style rasengan is pretty similar to regular rasengan, Rasenshuriken is the one very different. Mmm does that means that the Chidori spear is Sasuke's counterpart to the rasenshuriken.

i meant the rasenshuriken i forgot the name for some reason

though the wind rasengan does still have the cutting effect just on a smaller scale

Sai

Uh, Chidori was described as using both to begin with. Even then, Sasuke expanded upon his applications of Shape Transformation to the technique to produce a variety of results, and all of those variants remained as A Rank.

The reason for their difference in acquisition ranks has never been revealed. Most just assume there used to be either more concentrated chakra, and/or superior Shape Transformation involved in Raikiri's execution. Sandaime Raikage's Jigokuzuki is similar in execution but demonstrated to be much more powerful, likely for the same reasons.

Nope, not at all. In fact, Chidori Eisou was said to wield inferior attack power than the standard Chidori for the sake of range.

The closest thing to a counterpart to the Rasenshuriken, back then, would've been Kirin.

Uh, Chidori was described as using both to begin with. Even then, Sasuke expanded upon his applications of Shape Transformation to the technique to produce a variety of results, and all of those variants remained as A Rank.

The reason for their difference in acquisition ranks has never been revealed. Most just assume there used to be either more concentrated chakra, and/or superior Shape Transformation involved in Raikiri's execution. Sandaime Raikage's Jigokuzuki is similar in execution but demonstrated to be much more powerful, likely for the same reasons.

Nope, not at all. In fact, Chidori Eisou was said to wield inferior attack power than the standard Chidori for the sake of range.

The closest thing to a counterpart to the Rasenshuriken, back then, would've been Kirin.

I might have been misremembering that Kakashi was explaining the power difference gained from adding nature/shape manipulation by using his Chidori -> Raikiri upgrade as an example.

I know I heard that somewhere

Sai

The Databooks(first one, specifically) has only presented their difference in acquisition rank, not why it's is there in the first place.

I might have been misremembering that Kakashi was explaining the power difference gained from adding nature/shape manipulation by using his Chidori -> Raikiri upgrade as an example.

I know I heard that somewhere
He used it as an example to make the difference between the types of chakra control involved with the Chidori and Rasengan clear.

No such comparison between Raikiri and Chidori has been made thus far.

Frog-fu

Banned
If there is a Part III, it's entirely possible Kishimoto's assistant will be writing it. He tweeted this image earlier.

BtjK9CDCYAAW77Z.jpg

It's a snippet from the teaser we'll be getting with the next episode I believe. Naruto definitely looks a bit more mature. I hope he'll go with primary black and secondary orange colours this time around.

If there is a Part III, it's entirely possible Kishimoto's assistant will be writing it. He tweeted this image earlier.

It's a snippet from the teaser we'll be getting with the next episode I believe. Naruto definitely looks a bit more mature. I hope he'll go with primary black and secondary orange colours this time around.

Naruto x Tsunade

*crosses fingers*

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm just guessing Kishi's assistant will be heading Part III since he's the one that tweeted it, and it makes sense that if there's a "a new age" for Naruto that Kishi will step away. The man has worked incredibly hard for 15 years. Hardly taking breaks or vacations. He hasn't even been on his honeymoon. That's how crazy his work ethic is, and that of other manga-ka. Of the Big 3, Naruto has always taken the fewest breaks though, and I admire Kishi for that.

DJwest

I'm just guessing Kishi's assistant will be heading Part III since he's the one that tweeted it, and it makes sense that if there's a "a new age" for Naruto that Kishi will step away. The man has worked incredibly hard for 15 years. Hardly taking breaks or vacations. He hasn't even been on his honeymoon. That's how crazy his work ethic is, and that of other manga-ka. Of the Big 3, Naruto has always taken the fewest breaks though, and I admire Kishi for that.
I haven't heard much about Kubo but I hear Oda is also a crazy workaholic. And OP is nowhere near coming to an end.

Ponn

Banned

I'm down for that. We can see what married life between Naruto and Hinata is like. It can be a rom-com with slacker Sasuke constantly crashing at their place and free loading off of them.

DJwest

you can't knock kakashi for relying on the sharingan, he's had it since he was a kid and the majority of his life so of course he's built his fighting style around it. He's not useless and he still a kage level shinobi but right now kage level isn't much when your on a battlefield of gods and monsters.
Kakashi? Kage level? Which Kage would struggle and almost get killed by Kakuzu ?

Pein

Banned
Kakashi? Kage level? Which Kage would struggle and almost get killed by Kakuzu ?

Mei and kakashi was never gonna die, he had to baby sit team asuma the whole time. If kakashi didn't think sending a raikiri through kakuzu would have killed him off the bat he would have used kamui. war arc kakashi is upper kage level because of how good he got with kamui.

Kakashi is the definition of kage level because he would have been hokage if Tsunade didn't wake up.

If there is a part 3, I wonder what it's going to be about. Jashin? Kaguya breaking out her seal again (if she gets sealed)? Oro? Outside threat?

Also, it makes me wonder if Naruto will keep his current power-ups. The guy is basically Jesus at this point. I'm also guessing we would get the long awaited rematch between Naruto and Sasuke, since I really can't see these two fighting after beating Kaguya.

Pein

Banned
Imagine he became a host for a tailed beast? lol

We've seen a glimmer of what his powwer would be like when he warped away Gyuuki like it was nothing when he had Kurama's chakra. Just imagine how overpowered Obito would have been if he had access to both his eyes since he had senju dna

just check the scale of gyuuki to realize how over powered kamui.
[

Ponn

Banned
Mei and kakashi was never gonna die, he had to baby sit team asuma the whole time. If kakashi didn't think sending a raikiri through kakuzu would have killed him off the bat he would have used kamui. war arc kakashi is upper kage level because of how good he got with kamui.

Kakashi is the definition of kage level because he would have been hokage if Tsunade didn't wake up.

I think the problem is looking at past Kage's we see a decline in quality. Kind of like Madara was pointing out when he was fighting the current ones. If the whole shit hadn't hit the fan Itachi would have have been a better Hokage than Kakashi.

Pein

Banned
I think the problem is looking at past Kage's we see a decline in quality. Kind of like Madara was pointing out when he was fighting the current ones. If the whole shit hadn't hit the fan Itachi would have have been a better Hokage than Kakashi.

That's not really true, barring Hashirama because he was just so overpowered compared to everyone else all the kage have been all in the same ballpark of strength.

Oonoki and mu are comparable.

3rd and 4th raikage are too.

Gaara is stronger then the 3rd and 4th kazekage.

Mei isn't as good as Yagura because he was a perfect jinchuriki.

BtjK9CDCYAAW77Z.jpg

Awww yeah.

Jigolo

Wouldn't Kakashi have a ton more chakra now that his eye is restored? I thought his lack of chakra was due to the sharingan.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to have a "ton" more.

Kakashi w/ Sharingan = 1/5 chakra
Kakashi = 2-2.5/5

Naruto = 5/5

Ponn

Banned
That's not really true, barring Hashirama because he was just so overpowered compared to everyone else all the kage have been all in the same ballpark of strength.

Oonoki and mu are comparable.

3rd and 4th raikage are too.

Gaara is stronger then the 3rd and 4th kazekage.

Mei isn't as good as Yagura because he was a perfect jinchuriki.

Power wise I just don't see the 3rd or 4th Hokage standing up to the 1st or 2nd. And to be honest I don't see Tsunade standing up to the 3rd or 4th. Kakashi wouldn't technically be up there with any of them, maybe Tsunade. As Hashirama put it in the recent anime episodes the Hokage should be a presence in the village that would deter any clans or people from even thinking of attacking. Starting with the 3rd everyone was taking potshots at the Hidden Leaf and Tsunade was so ineffective it got blown the F up by technically ONE ninja. I don't see Kakashi holding any type of "Oh shit we aren't touching that village" vibe. I'm not trying to take anything away from Kakashi but I never understood the whole he could be a Hokage thing.

The point I feel Madara was trying to make was that the dilution of the clans and relative peace time made the generations weaker and weaker. They didn't really have alot to strive for. Most of the stronger characters in the series had some purpose for seeking out and training their powers. Orochimaru for example, Itachi, Naruto and Sasuke.

Gaara was always a scary mofo. I feel the time jump though really took away from him. It seemed like he was the most unchanged power wise and that was sad because you would think with a purpose now he would have gotten crazy more powerful. He still got curb stomped by Madara though.

Pein

Banned
Power wise I just don't see the 3rd or 4th Hokage standing up to the 1st or 2nd. And to be honest I don't see Tsunade standing up to the 3rd or 4th. Kakashi wouldn't technically be up there with any of them, maybe Tsunade. As Hashirama put it in the recent anime episodes the Hokage should be a presence in the village that would deter any clans or people from even thinking of attacking. Starting with the 3rd everyone was taking potshots at the Hidden Leaf and Tsunade was so ineffective it got blown the F up by technically ONE ninja. I don't see Kakashi holding any type of "Oh shit we aren't touching that village" vibe. I'm not trying to take anything away from Kakashi but I never understood the whole he could be a Hokage thing.

The point I feel Madara was trying to make was that the dilution of the clans and relative peace time made the generations weaker and weaker. They didn't really have alot to strive for. Most of the stronger characters in the series had some purpose for seeking out and training their powers. Orochimaru for example, Itachi, Naruto and Sasuke.

Gaara was always a scary mofo. I feel the time jump though really took away from him. It seemed like he was the most unchanged power wise and that was sad because you would think with a purpose now he would have gotten crazy more powerful. He still got curb stomped by Madara though.

I like Tobirama but I fail to see what makes him more impressive then Kakashi or minato.

Kakashi has the reputation to be kage, he's well known and still powerful. Put him against the current kage or the previous gen and he should clear everyone with mid difficulty except Minato. Most of the akastuki can't compete with him either unless your talking about Nagato or Itachi.

Gaara is still a beast and would decimate some characters through sheer scale of his attacks. Seriously, he'd clown MS sasuke and Itachi.

Kakashi has the reputation to be kage, he's well known and still powerful. Put him against the current kage or the previous gen and he should clear everyone with mid difficulty except Minato. Most of the akastuki can't compete with him either unless your talking about Nagato or Itachi.

Gaara is still a beast and would decimate some characters through sheer scale of his attacks. Seriously, he'd clown MS sasuke and Itachi.

yeah I don't see Kakashi beating the Raikage or tsuchikage.

Deidara took care of Gara pretty quickly.....I don't see Gaara touching Sasuke or Itachi

Pein

Banned
yeah I don't see Kakashi beating the Raikage or tsuchikage.

Deidara took care of Gara pretty quickly.....I don't see Gaara touching Sasuke or Itachi

You don't see Kakashi being able to Kamui away oonoki or Ei after he used kamui on naruto right in front of Obito and not noticing? Obito was keeping pace with Naruto, gai, Kakashi and bee and still didn't see that happen.

Kakashi's Kamui speed was near instant and would easily take down Oonoki and Ei is close range fighter Kakashi would just need him to get close enough to take care of him.

Gaara had to protect his entire village in that fight, what could Itachi or sasuke do to someone like Gaara? Amaterasu ain't gonna work, Tsukiyomi ain't coming in to play because Gaara is a long range type and they won't be making eye contact like that, they try susanoo and he could rip them out or just wait until they exhaust themselves.

This isn't meteor busting sasuke mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom