• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tobirama but I fail to see what makes him more impressive then Kakashi or minato.

Kakashi has the reputation to be kage, he's well known and still powerful. Put him against the current kage or the previous gen and he should clear everyone with mid difficulty except Minato. Most of the akastuki can't compete with him either unless your talking about Nagato or Itachi.

Gaara is still a beast and would decimate some characters through sheer scale of his attacks. Seriously, he'd clown MS sasuke and Itachi.

Unfortunately, it’s because of him this war was allowed to begin, thanks to the Edo Tensei. He also created the Hiraishin technique, which is now the 4th’s signature.

Pein

Banned
Unfortunately, it’s because of him this war was allowed to begin, thanks to the Edo Tensei. He also created the Hiraishin technique, which is now the 4th’s signature.

I'm not doubting his skills at creating techniques but his edo tensei isn't on the level of Kabuto's or Orochimaru's, Minato's hiraishin is superior too. No doubt he's strong but I don't rank him stronger then Kakashi or Minato.

Tobirama still my favorite hokage though. It must have sucked knowing Hashirama was so much stronger and to compete he learned to use time and space ninjutsu and being able to bring back the dead.

All Gaara has to do to beat most people is a really big sand funeral jutsu. You can't run from that unless you have kamui, super speed, or hax substitution bullcrap.

If there is a Part III, it's entirely possible Kishimoto's assistant will be writing it. He tweeted this image earlier.

It's a snippet from the teaser we'll be getting with the next episode I believe. Naruto definitely looks a bit more mature. I hope he'll go with primary black and secondary orange colours this time around.

other than the headband taking up 1/3rd his face in that picture, looks BOMBBB. Love the short hair. Though you can't see much of it.

Also the discussion above makes me wish this series spent more time showing the creation of new techniques. Always love that stuff. #part3 #theresStillTime

Ponn

Banned
yeah I don't see Kakashi beating the Raikage or tsuchikage.

Deidara took care of Gara pretty quickly.....I don't see Gaara touching Sasuke or Itachi

Pretty much this. Kakashi's kamui while powerful is being overrated. He doesn't have near the control or power to use it like Obito. He's limited on how many times he can use it and drains him. Basically if he messes up just once with it then its over.

I'm not doubting his skills at creating techniques but his edo tensei isn't on the level of Kabuto's or Orochimaru's, Minato's hiraishin is superior too. No doubt he's strong but I don't rank him stronger then Kakashi or Minato.

Tobirama still my favorite hokage though.

They all had the luxury of working on top of his work though. Who knows if given more time how many more techniques or improvements he could make. Versatile and he has the finger flick of disapproval.

You don't see Kakashi being able to Kamui away oonoki or Ei after he used kamui on naruto right in front of Obito and not noticing? Obito was keeping pace with Naruto, gai, Kakashi and bee and still didn't see that happen.

Kakashi's Kamui speed was near instant and would easily take down Oonoki and Ei is close range fighter Kakashi would just need him to get close enough to take care of him.

Gaara had to protect his entire village in that fight, what could Itachi or sasuke do to someone like Gaara? Amaterasu ain't gonna work, Tsukiyomi ain't coming in to play because Gaara is a long range type and they won't be making eye contact like that, they try susanoo and he could rip them out or just wait until they exhaust themselves.

This isn't meteor busting sasuke mind you.
Nah I see the Raikage being way too powerful and quick for Kakashi. I mean, Kakashi nearly got porked by a beat up sasuke firing off a susanoo arrow at him. Kakashi was barely able to kamui it away. Not to mention how fragile Kakashi is and if he misses with his Kamui, his chances of winning vs Oonoki or Ei drop to almost zero. Especially if Oonoki gets a good look, Kakashi is pretty much dust. I don't think he's on their level. He could handle the other Kages though. and if we're talking about the previous generations of Kages, Kakashi is better off not even trying.

I think Sasuke and Itachi beat Gaara pretty easily. They're both super smart and clever and could get close enough to gaara with their speed. Itachi has his susanoo with the mirror and sword and I don't see Itachi having a problem casting a genjutsu on Gaara if he needs to. Sasuke has Kirinand I don;t think Gaara has a counter to that.

Pein

Banned
All Gaara has to do to beat most people is a really big sand funeral jutsu. You can't run from that unless you have kamui, super speed, or hax substitution bullcrap.
okPscuO.png

gaara at 12 years old and he made that amount of sand in a grassy field in no time. Gaara's so pimp.
Pretty much this. Kakashi's kamui while powerful is being overrated. He doesn't have near the control or power to use it like Obito. He's limited on how many times he can use it and drains him. Basically if he messes up just once with it then its over.

They all had the luxury of working on top of his work though. Who knows if given more time how many more techniques or improvements he could make. Versatile and he has the finger flick of disapproval.

Kamui hasn't drained kakashi's reserves in the manga in years, hell kakashi warped himself out of the kamui dimension after having to patch himself up and then continued to use it at crazy speeds. He warped away a senpou rasengan near instantly and helped Gai and Obito with it.

But were talking about Tobirama and what he's shown, yeah he could make them more stronger but we have to base him off what he's shown. Just like Minato probably would have mastered an evolved rasengan and perfected his sage mode with more time.
Nah I see the Raikage being way too powerful and quick for Kakashi. I mean, Kakashi nearly got porked by a beat up sasuke firing off a susanoo arrow at him. Kakashi was barely able to kamui it away. Not to mention how fragile Kakashi is and if he misses with his Kamui, his chances of winning vs Oonoki or Ei drop to almost zero. Especially if Oonoki gets a good look, Kakashi is pretty much dust. I don't think he's on their level. He could handle the other Kages though. and if we're talking about the previous generations of Kages, Kakashi is better off not even trying.

I think Sasuke and Itachi beat Gaara pretty easily. They're both super smart and clever and could get close enough to gaara with their speed. Itachi has his susanoo with the mirror and sword and I don't see Itachi having a problem casting a genjutsu on Gaara if he needs to. Sasuke has Kirinand I don;t think Gaara has a counter to that.

War arc kakashi is way above kage summit arc kakashi.

Itach wouldn't have the reserves to keep susanoo up for so long. Sasuke if he tried to prep kirin wouldn't get the chance that sand was fast enough to catch Ei mid attack.

JaceR

Gaara got nerfed big time after the tailed beast got extracted from him. And let's not forget that deidera almost beat sauce-k. Gaara would've won if he Diddnt care about collateral damage.

I think kakashi's main strength is his ability to deduce a situation and counter it. He is one of the best tactitions we've seen outside of itachi. I'm sad the anbu was nothing more than nameless ninjas that always died.

I think Kakashi's only chance against Raikage is if he uses Kamui right off the bat, I don't think Kakashi's reactions are better than Sasuke's who has a better sharingan and still got blitzed.

Oonoki tends to stay still when he uses jinton, I think that's a very easy window for Kakashi to beat him with kamui.

Frog-fu

Banned
I haven't heard much about Kubo but I hear Oda is also a crazy workaholic. And OP is nowhere near coming to an end.

Oda takes a lot more breaks than Kishimoto. At least a couple of weeks a year. Kishimoto works almost nonstop and generally is only on break when the entire manga is.

I'm down for that. We can see what married life between Naruto and Hinata is like. It can be a rom-com with slacker Sasuke constantly crashing at their place and free loading off of them.

You mean married life between Naruto and Sakura, right?

Considering that tweet doesn't say anything at all about that, that's quite the leap.

Call it an educated guess. I've been a huge fan of Naruto for years and have followed pretty much every notable development and interview. Kishimoto is overworked and he needs a long break. His assistant would be the most qualified manga-ka to carry on the Narutoverse after Kishimoto steps back. I didn't say that's what's going to happen though, did I? I said that that's entirely possible.

other than the headband taking up 1/3rd his face in that picture, looks BOMBBB. Love the short hair. Though you can't see much of it.

Also the discussion above makes me wish this series spent more time showing the creation of new techniques. Always love that stuff. #part3 #theresStillTime

The headband doesn't look as bad, or as big for that matter, in Kishimoto's sketch work, so I hope it's just an odd imagine or angle. Short hair is definitely working for Naruto though, looks really cool.

I think the issue with akatsuki is at the start of part2, everyone was around the same speed.
Now everyone has the jump powerups, most of the akatsuki that died early are slow and can be defeated by a ton of people 1 on 1

If there is a Part III, it's entirely possible Kishimoto's assistant will be writing it. He tweeted this image earlier.

BtjK9CDCYAAW77Z.jpg

It's a snippet from the teaser we'll be getting with the next episode I believe. Naruto definitely looks a bit more mature. I hope he'll go with primary black and secondary orange colours this time around.

I'd prefer a new series by Kishi than a continuation of Naruto at this point. They've reached the logical conclusion of the story and from that perspective, it would be best to close the book rather than let it drag on. I fear that a part 3 would go down the same road that Bleach did, where it seems like the author is making stuff up as he goes along rather than having the story established from the start and expanding upon it.

But that's just my 2 cents. I think there's good spinoffs to be had in the Naruto universe. A pre-team 7 Kakshi side story would be excellent.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'd prefer a new series by Kishi than a continuation of Naruto at this point. They've reached the logical conclusion of the story and from that perspective, it would be best to close the book rather than let it drag on. I fear that a part 3 would go down the same road that Bleach did, where it seems like the author is making stuff up as he goes along rather than having the story established from the start and expanding upon it.

But that's just my 2 cents. I think there's good spinoffs to be had in the Naruto universe. A pre-team 7 Kakshi side story would be excellent.

I would like to see what else Kishimoto can think of, but honestly, if he does call it quits with Naruto, I don't expect him to get back to work for a good few years. I posted about it earlier, what Kishi could do once it's all said and done, I don't see him returning to epic length series. Maybe a few oneshots and short stories, sure. If he does go back to long stories again, he'll probably set some kind of record for that.

I love it, I hope he improves his taijutsu also.

Naruto's taijutsu skills are pretty much top tier now that he knows Sage Mode, and with his Senjutsu powers, he could put down Gai no problem.

I really will be annoyed if they do try to continue the series after this

with another author no less too

Edit: It is not a matter of having too many chapter/volumes... but the fact that he never had it planned out to be so expansive and long

Dragonball's power structure was a mess though seeing as there was plot power meshed with humour/gag power
Hahahaha, not even close. Not even close.

Kid Goku could stomp the entire Narutoverse by himself. And the Piecerverse. And the Bleachverse.

How about the Torikoverse?

Power/ability isn't only based on just raw power though
you'd also have to consider other sets of abilities and then question how it would work in another universe

Examples like genjutsu (Naruto) being used on a Dragonball character... or Minority World (from Toriko being used in another Shonen universe

MikeMyers

Chaozu actually exists in the Naruto universe (Chapter 150 I believe), how'd he fair against the Narutoverse?

In the anime, he managed to defeat Guldo, and a V-JUMP scan kind of implies that the Ginyu Force showing up to job on Kaio's Planet was Toriyama's idea.

Just as likely. I don't recall there being moon busters in Toriko just yet, though I'm not as familiar with that series.

Midora did an attack called Meteor spice that destroyed a majority of the human world

which is 3X larger then our world (this does not include the Gourmet World)

Ponn

Banned
At this point i'm not sure they can tell any type of epic story that long time readers could take seriously. I mean, who could they meet or deal with at this point that would carry any weight or sense of real danger?

I would almost rather them center on a younger group like Konohamaru and their team and watch them grow or another group and we can still see what happened to everyone else in the meantime.

Maddocks

For those interested, here's an awesome write up on Uchiha Obito as a character that pretty much sums up why I like him so much.

Hahahaha, not even close. Not even close.

Kid Goku could stomp the entire Narutoverse by himself. And the Piecerverse. And the Bleachverse.

Obito is a good character, I like his character. Probably top ten for me personally. Good link.

Kid Goku could not defeat the greatest character in all of manga and anime. The number 1 troll in the universe, with 1 look you are defeated. the man, the myth, the legend. Sosuke Aizen.

All Midora did was raze the surface, impressive but not on the level of obliterating the moon in one shot.

we all know that the series Toriko will lead into space seeing as the main evil are aliens and that spaceships are readily available

the human world alone has a population of 31 billion

there is a horse that can breath in as much 'air' as the volume of the Atlantic ocean

the series will likely reach/surpass DBZ crazy levels

Edit:

Also this is grazing

Frog-fu

Banned
yes

very easily

All Midora did was raze the surface, impressive but not on the level of obliterating the moon in one shot.

gif-comedie-club-janvier-2014-7.gif

I dunno who to believe. :O

Obito is a good character, I like his character. Probably top ten for me personally. Good link.

Kid Goku could not defeat the greatest character in all of manga and anime. The number 1 troll in the universe, with 1 look you are defeated. the man, the myth, the legend. Sosuke Aizen.

I agree. Obito is a GREAT character. One my favourites.

I wonder how people would have felt about Tobi turning about to be some random Uchiha like Izuna or whatever. Just some guy who claims to be "nobody" and whose whole story will be told as a flashback in the middle of the war... No thanks. Obito made sense as the villain.

Aizen would purposefully lose to Goku though because... reasons.

Hope that's 193cm and not 173 :(

Na, it's 173. Current Naruto is only 166.

Aizen would indeed troll everyone to death, he'd tell Goku he manipulated Frieza into blowing up Vegeta so he could get sent to earth and observed, then he'd reveal a device that shuts down ki powers while Goku looks on in shock.

gif-comedie-club-janvier-2014-7.gif

I dunno who to believe. :O

I agree. Obito is a GREAT character. One my favourites.

I wonder how people would have felt about Tobi turning about to be some random Uchiha like Izuna or whatever. Just some guy who claims to be "nobody" and whose whole story will be told as a flashback in the middle of the war... No thanks. Obito made sense as the villain.

Aizen would purposefully lose to Goku though because... reasons.

Na, it's 173. Current Naruto is only 166.

Meteor_Spice.jpg

this is what Midora did, nuked the surface with meteors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom