• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Aizen would purposefully lose to Goku though because... reasons..

Naw he would make it seem like he lost when in actuality using his bankai he made everyone believe he was Goku and actually killed Goku who looked like him. All so he could get with Chi Chi and make Goten. Then train Goten exactly the way he wanted him to be raised. All so he could fight Goten later to increase his own strength yet having raised him would know his weaknesses so he could still defeat him.

cyLvNpt.jpg
"Thats right Goten. I was all up in your mother's ass"

I would have loved for Tobi to remain "Nobody" never have his identity revealed.

I loved the concept that he was just some random guy(or girl) that completely conned the entire ninja world. Tobi was the epitome of what the system said a ninja should be, he was a faceless con man that strikes from shadows, changes personalities, impossible to catch or figure out.(he powers worked perfectly into as he could never be touched) "Nobody" was the personification of the evil of the ninja system and why Naruto needed to destroy it.

Once the mask came off I lost all interest in the character, probably wouldn't have mattered who it was but Obito's Rin obsession didn't help things.

Naruto would stomp. Hard.

In Kyūbi Chakra Mode. Arguably in Sage Mode.
thought the same thing too

but then again with all this Power talk... that doesn't make whatever series good
for me what makes a series good (for Shonen at least)
is the world building and the character development/uniqueness

something Bleach sometimes suffers (Rukia and Renji are the interesting ones for me)
Ichigo is as bland as the title suggests... being bleached of all character

todd360

I know right?

Naruto can't even beat second or third arc Sailor Moon Characters let alone those at the End of the Series.

:lol

What really? I have only watched the two new sailor moon episodes, but you mean to tell me that sailor moon is stronger than naruto? da faq? The girl that yells makeup and throws a headband? Please be a joke.

Frog-fu

Banned
I would have loved for Tobi to remain "Nobody" never have his identity revealed.

I loved the concept that he was just some random guy(or girl) that completely conned the entire ninja world. Tobi was the epitome of what the system said a ninja should be, he was a faceless con man that strikes from shadows, changes personalities, impossible to catch or figure out.(he powers worked perfectly into as he could never be touched) "Nobody" was the personification of the evil of the ninja system and why Naruto needed to destroy it.

Once the mask came off I lost all interest in the character, probably wouldn't have mattered who it was but Obito's Rin obsession didn't help things.

You really think this would have been better than Obito? I know it's easy forget because it's been a while, but you do realise that Obit played this exact con for years, decades even, don't you? Obito found strength in anonymity, it allowed him to fuck with Earth and Water country from the shadows, he was at the heart of conspiracies in the Bloody Mist, and even did outsourced work Ōnoki. In the years that Akatsuki were hiring themselves out as mercenaries, it was Obito who behind all of it. He had dealings with pretty much every player in the entire shinobi world, all under fake names and from the shadows, completely taking them all for fools.

Now imagine if it hadn't been Obito and some random dude from some random place. What would that add to the story?

I also think referring to Obito's feelings for Rin as an "obsessions" doesn't do it justice. In that one chapter we got in which we saw kid Obito, it was pretty clear that he was a bit of a loner as a kid and the only one that actually seemed to care about him was Rin, and when she died it was the trigger that set him off. The reason Obito kept Rin in his heart all these years later was because he never wanted to become the person he became. You could so easily see it every time he spoke to Naruto after he was unmasked, questioning his beliefs at every turn. He saw what could have been in Naruto, and he must have hated him for it because he tried his damn hardest to make him taste despair like he did and let that change him. It wasn't until recently that Obito finally changed back into the same person that wanted to be Hokage, as he said so himself.

I believe the series will end either later this year or earlier next year. Then it wild be milked for all it's worth with filler, spin off and movies for years and years and years.

Zoe

What really? I have only watched the two new sailor moon episodes, but you mean to tell me that sailor moon is stronger than naruto? da faq? The girl that yells makeup and throws a headband? Please be a joke.

She eventually becomes the opposite of Chaos, so yeah, she gets strong :lol

You really think this would have been better than Obito? I know it's easy forget because it's been a while, but you do realise that Obit played this exact con for years, decades even, don't you? Obito found strength in anonymity, it allowed him to fuck with Earth and Water country from the shadows, he was at the heart of conspiracies in the Bloody Mist, and even did outsourced work Ōnoki. In the years that Akatsuki were hiring themselves out as mercenaries, it was Obito who behind all of it. He had dealings with pretty much every player in the entire shinobi world, all under fake names and from the shadows, completely taking them all for fools.

um yeah that's exactly what I was talking about, I loved Tobi doing all this stuff

Now imagine if it hadn't been Obito and some random dude from some random place. What would that add to the story?

I just explained what it would add, it completes the idea that he is the personification of the ninja system, his or her true identity is lost and it doesn't matter who he/she really is. Naruto wouldn't just be fighting against some person, he would be fighting against an ideal a concept.

The only reason he's Obito is because Kishi is loves his parallels and needed Obito to be redeemed, I am not interested in that story, Nagato was enough.

I also think referring to Obito's feelings for Rin as an "obsessions" doesn't do it justice. In that one chapter we got in which we saw kid Obito, it was pretty clear that he was a bit of a loner as a kid and the only one that actually seemed to care about him was Rin, and when she died it was the trigger that set him off. The reason Obito kept Rin in his heart all these years later was because he never wanted to become the person he became. You could so easily see it every time he spoke to Naruto after he was unmasked, questioning his beliefs at every turn. He saw what could have been in Naruto, and he must have hated him for it because he tried his damn hardest to make him taste despair like he did and let that change him. It wasn't until recently that Obito finally changed back into the same person that wanted to be Hokage, as he said so himself.

I really don't care enough to argue too much about this, what started as a sweet boyhood crush started becoming creepy the more I saw of it. That would actually be fine but it kept being portrayed as if it wasn't creepy.

--Hey Naruto know that you are Hokage. Don't you want a Hat so that people will recognize you when you are walking in the village?

-I have a better idea *Grabs a Marker, Makes a clone and Writes Naruto on his ass*
hahaha that would be great if it happened.

This is going to sound weird but am I the only one that likes how Sasuke says Naruto's name in the dubbed anime. He says it with respek and like a grown ass man.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tobirama was too cool for the Hokage uniform, too.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto manga volume 70 cover
978-4-08-880151-3.jpg

Some news/rumours on the new movie front.

A partial sketch has been revealed in larger promotional artwork that seems to indicate a pregnant woman.

tumblr_n9gsrdTrtw1ttsf5no1_500.jpg

Popular theories are that it could be Sakura, Hinata or even Kushina in the capacity of a flashback. I also think it could be Karin but there's no way of telling at this point. There does seem to be something of a coverup on the arm that could possibly suggest Sakura due to scarring from the acid, but it's a sketch.

Bonus fan art of adult Naruto in colour wearing his downtime clothes
tumblr_n9fd9lLzR91sb54e4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n9f2eqL6ZZ1tc4o34o1_500.jpg

Bonus NaruSaku art (by Kishi in earlier volumes) because it's awesome

tumblr_n9anygN9IW1ryce57o1_1280.png

(WOULD SUPER APPRECIATE AN AVI OF NARUTO'S FACE OR ENTIRE BODY IF IT COULD BE MADE SMALLER)

And because I found this on tumblr at random at found it funny even though I love both series

tumblr_n9ehdc8mAZ1r95cazo1_500.png

tumblr_n9ehdc8mAZ1r95cazo2_500.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm excited for the trailer of the movie. I think we'll first have to with a teaser this week though. Only 15 seconds I believe but I'm still legit hyped.

MikeMyers

Wow, I really like this, do you know what volume it is from? Also, is there a version of that picture with just Sakura? Hmm....I can ask someone to try to get you an avatar if you want.

As for the One Piece comparison; well from my understanding Toei just makes the episodes at mostly a 1:1 ratio where as the Naruto anime does several chapters an episode and uses filler arcs, which makes it easier to catch-up on Naruto's story if you skip the fillers. Although I do enjoy quite a bit of the filler I've seen and probably will watch them....one day.

Frog-fu

Banned
is that confirmed? When is the actual trailer supposed to drop? And we're def getting a teaser this week?

I have no idea when the actual trailer drops. Probably not for a while after the teaser, unfortunately. December is still pretty far away I guess so I expect a proper trailer at the earliest in September.

Wow, I really like this, do you know what volume it is from? Also, is there a version of that picture with just Sakura? Hmm....I can ask someone to try to get you an avatar if you want.

As for the One Piece comparison; well from my understanding Toei just makes the episodes at mostly a 1:1 ratio where as the Naruto anime does several chapters an episode and uses filler arcs, which makes it easier to catch-up on Naruto's story if you skip the fillers. Although I do enjoy quite a bit of the filler I've seen and probably will watch them....one day.

Yes please.

There's loads of other artworks by Kishi from over the years. Some of my favourites:

Fūjin (God of Wind/Naruto) VS Raijin (God of Lightning, Thunder and Storms/Sasuke)
Toad VS Hawk
Teachers
Sleeping Kurama
Team 7 Samurai
Full version of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in kabuki (not sure if this one is by Kishi).
Naruto doing different things.

Kishi's art is undeniably great.

MikeMyers

I have no idea when the actual trailer drops. Probably not for a while after the teaser, unfortunately. December is still pretty far away I guess so I expect a proper trailer at the earliest in September.

Yes please.

There's loads of other artworks by Kishi from over the years. Some of my favourites:

Fūjin (God of Wind/Naruto) VS Raijin (God of Lightning, Thunder and Storms/Sasuke)
Toad VS Hawk
Teachers
Sleeping Kurama
Team 7 Samurai
Full version of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in kabuki (not sure if this one is by Kishi).
Naruto doing different things.

Kishi's art is undeniably great.

Okay I'll let you know what I can do by tonight

Naruto manga volume 70 cover
978-4-08-880151-3.jpg

Some news/rumours on the new movie front.

A partial sketch has been revealed in larger promotional artwork that seems to indicate a pregnant woman.

tumblr_n9gsrdTrtw1ttsf5no1_500.jpg

Popular theories are that it could be Sakura, Hinata or even Kushina in the capacity of a flashback. I also think it could be Karin but there's no way of telling at this point. There does seem to be something of a coverup on the arm that could possibly suggest Sakura due to scarring from the acid, but it's a sketch.

Bonus fan art of adult Naruto in colour wearing his downtime clothes
tumblr_n9fd9lLzR91sb54e4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n9f2eqL6ZZ1tc4o34o1_500.jpg

(WOULD SUPER APPRECIATE AN AVI OF NARUTO'S FACE OR ENTIRE BODY IF IT COULD BE MADE SMALLER)

And because I found this on tumblr at random at found it funny even though I love both series

tumblr_n9ehdc8mAZ1r95cazo1_500.png

tumblr_n9ehdc8mAZ1r95cazo2_500.jpg

Aaaaaaaaw Yiss. Love love love the new Naruto coloring. He looks really nice and Golden.(But if his arms are not yellow, then he will look kind of gross in those panels where he can grow hug hands)

Indra hair color is weird, I though it was going to be pitch black. I'm really digging adult Naruto look.

Majine

Banned
You all do know that Kishi will end the series without any conclusions regarding pairings, right? He'll leave that to fans to fill in the blanks. "I ain't touching that".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom