• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

First, what the hell is going on in these?! Second, from which episode(s) are these from?

1. Her reaction to being sent on a mission with Sasuke
2. Episode 194 of Shippuden I believe, funny filler.

ibfLBZX5MtVr2a.gif

Maddocks

I was going to post some tenten naruto combo pictures, but then I realized...its a terrible idea lol

Want that teaser already. wait is killing me.

People liked Tobi as Obito? Obito is lame because he's just another Naruto parallel. We already went through the Win fight/ Talk no Jutsu finisher combo with Gaara and Nagato, both of whom had been through way more shit than Obito, so it was just predictable and unconvincing. But Jiraiya is the only person who has managed to stay dead, even if Obito does give us somebody from Kakashi's generation doing something important.

Pein

Banned
People liked Tobi as Obito? Obito is lame because he's just another Naruto parallel. We already went through the Win fight/ Talk no Jutsu finisher combo with Gaara and Nagato, both of whom had been through way more shit than Obito, so it was just predictable and unconvincing. But Jiraiya is the only person who has managed to stay dead. Even if it does give us somebody from Kakashi's generation doing something important.

Kisame stayed dead too. Which is awesome because his death was shinobi as fuck. If you know what I mean.

Pranay

Most broken ability has to be Shisui's Kotoamatsukami. It's literal mind control without the victim being aware of it. Can even implant false memories and experiences.

Obito's is up there. He's not that great of a fighter, but his ability instantly makes him able to hold his own against some of the strongest ninja out there. The one time we see him fight without being able to just be untouchable, he seems to be pretty easily beaten by Kakashi (who, I admit, isn't the best opponent to gauge a person's strength, at least not when Kakashi's victorious.).

Madara's Perfect Susano'o is also crazy. Unless you can, like, manipulate the ground beneath the user (like Gaara), you can't get through. And it has the firepower to take out hundreds of skilled ninja at once (Look at all the corpses just thrown up in the air from those projectile slashes).

Then there's Madara's rinnegan ability, Limbo, which is just bullsht. An undetectable (except for Naruto and rinnegan users), unblockable, unhittable (Except for people with the Sage of the Six Path's chakra) clone. And there's five of them.

He lost on purpose to kakashi because he wanted kakashi to break the seal which madara had put on him

People liked Tobi as Obito? Obito is lame because he's just another Naruto parallel. We already went through the Win fight/ Talk no Jutsu finisher combo with Gaara and Nagato, both of whom had been through way more shit than Obito, so it was just predictable and unconvincing. But Jiraiya is the only person who has managed to stay dead, even if Obito does give us somebody from Kakashi's generation doing something important.

He is not a great character but has pulled off amazing feats in this manga and also having bit of intelligence and the will to survive.

Namikaze1

More. I need moar!

Out of the four Kunoichi in the Konoha 12, Sakura is by far my favorite with Tenten coming in at second and Ino and Hinata all the way at the bottom. Though, Sakura would come at number four on my favorite Kunoichi list, behind Kushina, Tsunade, and Konan in that order.

Pimpwerx

So...anyone know what those round things are above Kaguyas eyes in most drawings (not the tomoed rinnegan in the center)? And man, have the power levels gotten crazy in the last few volumes. Kishi made a mistake giving Pain the power to level Konoha, because Madara was always going to have to be ridiculously more powerful than him. Now introducing Kaguya who is essentially god has made this kinda ridiculous. I also don't like magical flying abilities and other asspull Kishi has given us, but I'm entertained nonetheless. Not sure how to explain that. LOL. PEACE.

darknil

I will not compare Hinata and Sakura but I feel Kishi lost a lot of the fun created with those characters, we don't get to see inner Sakura, I think only once in part 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kishi's early art had such a different feel to it. I like his newer stuff, too, but his older stuff seems to have an entirely different mood/atmosphere.

Hinata is alright, I like that she was a character inspired by Naruto. Way before he became a symbol. Naruto doesn't love her though, he loves Sakura. Maybe Hirata's eyes freak him out,

Hinata is alright, I like that she was a character inspired by Naruto. Way before he became a symbol. Naruto doesn't love her though, he loves Sakura. Maybe Hirata's eyes freak him out,
I have a soft spot for the characters that Naruto changed in some way whether it be Gaara, Hinata, Neji, or anyone else.

Khezu

Shame Hinata never got much development.

I personally prefer the Byakugan over the Sharingan.
Would have liked to see those eyes get some love.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shame Hinata never got much development.

I personally prefer the Byakugan over the Sharingan.
Would have liked to see those eyes get some love.

Shame she probably has the most development outside of naruto and shikamaru of any of the konoha 12.

Shows how good Kishi is at juggling multiple characters (not)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hinata has that lion fist move in the UNS games that I forget if she ever used in the series or not. Either way, it's really cool.

Team Kurenai got shafted the hardest in part 2. Team Gai didn't do much, but Team Kurenai didn't do anything. Kiba/Shino/Hinata are such an interesting team, too, so it's a shame.

All the Konoha kids got enough development. Pretty much all of them had gotten their character grown, some more than others. But there's a shit ton of characters in this manga, lots of them gotten development.

Konoha group is mostly lame fodder anyway, very few good characters.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hinata has that lion fist move in the UNS games that I forget if she ever used in the series or not. Either way, it's really cool.

Team Kurenai got shafted the hardest in part 2. Team Gai didn't do much, but Team Kurenai didn't do anything. Kiba/Shino/Hinata are such an interesting team, too, so it's a shame.

Bug masters should be OP as fuck.

MikeMyers

I really liked all of Team 10s character development, but I wish Choji and Ino weren't so shafted in the Immortals arc. Had it not been for that it would have been my favourite arc.

SolVanderlyn

Torune was boss as fuck, nano sized insects that will kill you at the touch. The Torune filler episodes were pretty good.
Fu and Torune were great characters. They were basically a much better Shino/Ino. Cooler designs, too.

Calvero

Banned
am re-reading the fights against the sound four and this is hilarious:

haha and the chapter after where shikamaru and naruto trick tayuya in order for naruto to move on.

Calvero

Banned
I don't remember much of that arc, except "Do you have any idea how much does a three legged kick hurts"

Never understood that one.

i think that was about ukon (sakon's older brother who resides within him) can reach out any part of his body through sakon. so when he says that he is kicking kiba with three legs

i think that was about ukon (sakon's older brother who resides within him) can reach out any part of his body through sakon. so when he says that he is kicking kiba with three legs

I know, I think he grew two right legs and kick Kiba. But then it was a two legged kick, so I guess it couldn't hurt more than a drop kick... I don't know LOL.

SolVanderlyn

Shonen dialogue is frequently nonsensical and cringeworthy during fights. Unless it's an emotionally charged battle (Sasuke vs. Itachi, for example) the less talking, the better. I can't think of any examples right now, but sometimes it gets really terrible. Naruto (the series, not the character) isn't the worst offender, though.

Calvero

Banned
New chapter is out.

moved so slow. but damn, he was like a cockroach. for a second i seriously thought naruto was gonna heal him, was agitated at the thought of kishi just saving everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom