• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

sakura_vs_sasori_by_ladykirithefallen-d4x0efi.gif

Sakura actually became a pretty competent kunoichi in between parts 1 and 2. The problem is that she got the DBZ treatment along with the rest of Konoha after the Sasori fight.

Knowing how to fight isn't the main issue. Shikamaru ain't the strongest but he still the best. The thing is usefullness and not being a shit human. Medara is evil, sakura is just a shit character and her shit person levels didn't disapate over the time skip. Someone argue they increased, and as far as usefullness goes she did get dbzed not even by naruto at first tho. Shiki and ino came through and went into got war general mode and then naruto came through and used his demon powers to give eveveryone a power up and healing a lot of them. Negating her entire thing

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah, I know. His current powerups are ridiculously insane, though. When Naruto fought Pain he was already at Kage level, probably, now he's hands down the strongest ninja in the world. Outside of Kaguya, I guess.

That said, I do feel like this is a very temporary powerup. His Hagoromo shit probably won't last past sealing Kaguya. And he's definitely not gonna keep all those tailed beasts inside him. Hell, he may come out of this war without Kurama. His powers will be vastly reduced when all is said and done, to far more reasonable levels. He'll basically only have sage mode going for him I figure.

EhoaVash

new chapter while touching, was meh imo. but finally obito is gone, sakura is back to being useless again and kakashi gets to sit back and watch all the action.

Knowing how to fight isn't the main issue. Shikamaru ain't the strongest but he still the best. The thing is usefullness and not being a shit human. Medara is evil, sakura is just a shit character and her shit person levels didn't disapate over the time skip. Someone argue they increased, and as far as usefullness goes she did get dbzed not even by naruto at first tho. Shiki and ino came through and went into got war general mode and then naruto came through and used his demon powers to give eveveryone a power up and healing a lot of them. Negating her entire thing

Are we reading the same manga?

This is some revisionist bullshit on par with the American Right.

Village

Are we reading the same manga?

This is some revisionist bullshit on par with the American Right.

Yes, the one where everyone was doing shit while she was healing people

And then naruto comes through like

" hey what's good, errybody gets a free power up also it heals you I'm jesus. Also since I am here the focus on me and not on anything else and people are going to die, essentally making every previous scene dedicated to healing people useless. Because peeps dying anyay"

Sai

Wow, a Sakura Defense Force. Like I said in an earlier post, I personally don't have any hate for Sakura's character, more like indifferent.

... But I can understand where the hate comes from; her actions after the Kage Summit are still fresh in the minds of many readers.

It happened when Naruto got Sage Mode and beat Nagato though. He's been further and further ahead of Sasuke since.
Acquiring Sennin Mode only turned it into a back 'n forth tug-of-war until Naruto learned he could use it along with his Bijū Mode; that's what created a gap that Sasuke's yet to close.

Sakura has done good in the war, she is also the strongest female character (not name Kaguya) alive at the moment. She has an array of cool techniques, she is hot, full of personality and doesn't wear skimping clothes. The problem is that she is crazy, literally, she has many mental problems which causes people to hate her. I only forgave her lying to Naruto, when she went out of her way to save his life.

Sai

Pretty sure Tsunade and the Mizukage ain't dead.
Pretty sure Sakura has Terumi Mei beat. :p

Not that he should know what Tsuande is currently capable of, but Hashirama said that Sakura's raw power after completing the Byakugō no In might've been even greater than Tsunade's.

Sakura can now use all of Tsunade's trademark techniques, even summon Katsuyu, and still has her unexplored talent with Genjutsu. If there's any difference to be made, it would be due to Tsunade's experience.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Pretty sure Sakura has Terumi Mei beat. :p

I dunno, all the big fat punches in the world aint gonna stop a wall of acid. All Sakura's realy got going for her (in combat at least) is above-average taijutsu with serious power if she manages to land a hit. And regeneration I suppose, if she's got her seal undone. I don't see her faring well against a medium-range fighter with attacks she can't physically deflect.

And as for Tsunade, I don't see Sakura coming out on top. Experience counts for a lot, if you want to argue that their physical abilities are on par.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Look Sakura is strong but she has no business fighting the likes of the akatsuki, sasuke, Kaguya, etc. And all her redemption acts are unbelievable shoehorn of her into the front lines of battles she has no business being in outside of a medical capacity.

Sakura has done good in the war, she is also the strongest female character (not name Kaguya) alive at the moment. She has an array of cool techniques, she is hot, full of personality and doesn't wear skimping clothes. The problem is that she is crazy, literally, she has many mental problems which causes people to hate her. I only forgave her lying to Naruto, when she went out of her way to save his life.
I agree with this. I feel like she has gotten better over time but her pyscho bipolar tude gives her a bad rap.

How many times did Sakura say "It's time for me to do something!" only for her to either immediately be defeated, or someone else cuts in? She basically just exists to have her spotlight stolen, and occasionally give a horrible line about Sasuke.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I agree with this. I feel like she has gotten better over time but her pyscho bipolar tude gives her a bad rap.

The problem with her psycho bits is that the men she does them to are always so ineffectual and afraid of her that she never learns it's not okay. If we'd just have one instance of HEY what the fuck, why did you hit me, chill the fuck out you psycho, she might've started to change that behavior. But shounen.

Sakura has always been 90% talk.

The problem with her psycho bits is that the men she does them to are always so ineffectual and afraid of her that she never learns it's not okay. If we'd just have one instance of HEY what the fuck, why did you hit me, chill the fuck out you psycho, she might've started to change that behavior. But shounen.
Didn't naruto always say WHAT WAS THAT FOR or something along that line. At least he did in the anime.

And Sasuke tried to kill her called her useless and told her to fuck off on many occasions. You'd think she'd learn to change how she is during any one of these.

Dunno why anyone would have any kind of "feels" for Obito, even with the typical "lets feel sorry for the villian dying" schtick that shounens love to do. Dude was a fucking mass murder who was responsible for the upheaval of entire nations. It's like feeling sorry for Osama Bin Laden cause they showed how much he was in love with his wives before they shot his ass in the head-never mind all the deaths or terror plots, kidnappings etc.

And there goes Kakashi's chance to be useful as well. Dude either needs a continent destroying jutsu or bust.

Dunno why anyone would have any kind of "feels" for Obito, even with the typical "lets feel sorry for the villian dying" schtick that shounens love to do. Dude was a fucking mass murder who was responsible for the upheaval of entire nations. It's like feeling sorry for Osama Bin Laden cause they showed how much he was in love with his wives before they shot his ass in the head-never mind all the deaths or terror plots, kidnappings etc.

And there goes Kakashi's chance to be useful as well. Dude either needs a continent destroying jutsu or bust.

I'm pretty sure Naruto would've defended Hitler if he told him a sob story, he'd cry and go around telling everyone to turn the other cheek.

Frog-fu

Banned

Obito is a sympathetic character because he's clearly just another victim of the system. Naruto, through Jiraiya, learned to forgive people rather than hate them. If Naruto could forgive Nagato for killing Jiraiya and Kurama for killing his parents, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that forgave Obito.

The big message behind Part II has been forgiveness and letting go of hate. Naruto embodied that after Jiraiya died, to honour his teacher, and because he's weird like that, he can respect his enemies, the ones he relates to anyone, and since Obito shared his dream and found some redemption, that makes him cool beans in Naruto's book. It's not realistic, but it is what it is.

I'm pretty sure Naruto would've defended Hitler if he told him a sob story, he'd cry and go around telling everyone to turn the other cheek.

I can see the HitlerEvaBraun meetup/flash back in h̶e̶a̶v̶e̶n̶ hell now.

"Don't worry about him killing millions of jews, he wants me to be Hokage!!!"

Frog-fu

Banned
Sasuke is the reincarnation of the better brother, I don't know why he sucks so much.

Ashura eventually surpassed Indra though, just like Naruto eventually surpassed Sasuke in Part II.

Current Sasuke's feats outside of Susanoo are still on KCM Naruto's level. That's still below Bijū Mode, Bijū Sage Mode and Naruto's current mode.

Ashura eventually surpassed Indra though, just like Naruto eventually surpassed Sasuke in Part II.

Current Sasuke's feats outside of Susanoo are still on KCM Naruto's level. That's still below Bijū Mode, Bijū Sage Mode and Naruto's current mode.

I just realized he got all of those power ups in less than 24 hours manga time.

Obito is a sympathetic character

Realistically, Obito is not a sympathetic character though. Obito is one of the worst terrorist in the history of the Naruto-verse. The guy is a mass murderer and an enemy of the state plain and simple. I'm just wondering why some other readers aren't making that distinction.

He's clearly just another victim of the system.

"Victim of the system" is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Remember he choose to dive the world into the 2nd great Ninja War. A person's will > the system. It's why we jail murderers regardless of how shitty there upbringing was. At the bare minimum he was a dude who was wigging out over the loss of an unrequited love interest who was retconned into reciprocating his feelings at the very end. At his absolute worst he was just an emo kid who's feelings of revenge may have doomed the whole world,
although we all know it won't end that way because this is a shounen, and they don't have the balls to go the apocalyptic ending route.

That doesn't deserve any feels in my book.

Naruto, through Jiraiya, learned to forgive people rather than hate them.

Again, I'm more addressing people in this thread and the manga thread who feel sorry for Obito dying. Not the characters in the story themselves per se. I already get the motivations and piss poor mockery of logic and emotions this manga is trying to drive home here in the final stretch.

I already know in the long run my real problem here is trying to apply real world logic and real world human emotions to a shounen. It's why Naruto and Bleach are the only shounens left that I read.

It's not realistic, but it is what it is.

We can most definitely agree on this part.

In effort to play the sympathy angle for one of the main antagonists in the series they've pulled the whole forgive and forget nonsense into a realm of ridiculousness that, at this point, if Naruto could feel sympathy for Obito than he could probably feel sympathy for Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge as well. It's sanctimonious crap and its wearing a tad thin for me.

It already felt grating during the pain arc and its becoming painful to watch now.

Kusagari

I don't really have a problem with Naruto forgiving Obito, because whatever that's the whole point of this series at this point.

But that line was just…gross. There's a difference between Naruto forgiving Obito and Naruto proclaiming the mass murdering terrorist who almost murdered Naruto himself as an infant is "the coolest guy."

So, can we all agree Kakashi is meant to be the avatar of the reader or something?
lol I think he is going to do something cool soon. I mean Kishi hinted at it through Obito. Someone as badass as kakashi doesn't do literally nothing. He'll have his moment. I just hope he doesn't have to die afterwards.

Hachitora

I don't really have a problem with Naruto forgiving Obito, because whatever that's the whole point of this series at this point.

But that line was just…gross. There's a difference between Naruto forgiving Obito and Naruto proclaiming the mass murdering terrorist who almost murdered Naruto himself as an infant is "the coolest guy."

Naruto just takes the whole "forgive and forget" thing a bit too far. He absolutely hated Tobi's guts, but as soon as Naruto knew the story, he began to play nice with him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He's going to remove his mask, revealing the face of.... Jiraiya!

"IT'S ME NARUTO! IT'S ME NARUTO! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG NARUTO!"

brinstar

This is how I feel about it too. It's fine for Naruto to not want to kill Obito or trust him to help him face Kaguya or w/e. But defending him and talking about how cool he is is absurd. I just keep thinking back to when he choked out Konan and other scenes like that. I don't think Kishimoto did a good job of having Obito switch sides. And ultimately it just ended up being a retread of stuff we already explored with Nagato.

I don't know. I think Naruto knows that this dude is a criminal and is paying for his sins but at the same time he is someone that has never liked death and destruction regardless of who it is. Especially if it's someone like Obito who he feels could have easily walked a different path, similar to Sasuke. Dude's a softy.

Maddocks

Also might be because Obito died for him, he took the hit and died for it. Naruto also doesn't like to talk ill of the dead. No matter what.

King Boo

obito put a bomb on baby naruto, was the main cause of death of his parents and many villagers, joined itachi in slaughtering his own clan, killed konan, started a war where half the alliance died, nuked villages with the demon monster, and is one of the main reasons why naruto has to fight the current villain. but it's all cool, because obito is so cool, he can go to the happy place in the after life with young rin.

at least gato got rewarded properly

I'm gonna try to make sense of the whole Bloody Mist stuff.

For the longest time it seemed like Obito was manipulating Yagura and that's how it got its name.

The characters in the manga only mention Yagura as being a tyrannical monster and starting the Bloody Mist, if it was the 3rd Mizukage I'd like to think it would have been mentioned instead of blaming it all on Yagura.

However we saw in Obito's flashback that they were already called the Bloody Mist before he gets to Yagura, this means Yagura had to have done it on his own.

But there is no way in hell the Yagura we saw later on in the bijuu's mind world would be capable of the Bloody Mist, not to mention every other character saying he had to have been manipulated, indicating a sudden change in personailty.( we also straight up saw it)

So what the hell is going on here? Madara was stuck to the Gedo so he couldn't have gotten to Yagura before Obito.

Only thing I can think of is the 3rd Mizukage started it all.(for some stupid reason Kishi reglected to say this)
Yagura at first tried to end the Bloody Mist era but it was too entrenched in the village and would take time to fix. Obito gets to Yagura before he can make any real progress and continues the Bloody Mist era of genocide against bloodline users and etc until Zabuza kills his entire class.

Why did Obito bother doing all that only to just leave suddenly? he's a fucking dick I don't know.

Can't say I'm too sad about Obito "Newborn Babies make great Grenades" Uchiha. But he was pretty cool as a good guy. Black Zetsu is like a WWE villain, he knows exactly what to say so people hate him. I like to hate him.

Erigu

Only thing I can think of is the 3rd Mizukage started it all.(for some stupid reason Kishi reglected to say this)
Even worse: he has the 5th Mizukage blame it all on the 4th (episode 456, right before the reunion of the Kage). And as you pointed out, it doesn't add up: the actual Yagura is portrayed as a good guy, and he obviously wasn't being manipulated by Obito when Rin was kidnapped.

Namikaze1

obito put a bomb on baby naruto, was the main cause of death of his parents and many villagers, joined itachi in slaughtering his own clan, killed konan, started a war where half the alliance died, nuked villages with the demon monster, and is one of the main reasons why naruto has to fight the current villain. but it's all cool, because obito is so cool, he can go to the happy place in the after life with young rin.

at least gato got rewarded properly
I will never forgive that bastard for this!
Konan-chan! <3
Rot in hell, Obito! Rot in hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom