• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Damn, on the matters of scale. Is Manda 2.0 as big as Madara's Susanoo? Of at least as long? I know he was the biggest summon when he came out.
In terms of length, Manda was very likely to have been larger than Madara's Susanoō.

Definitely the genetically modified Nidaime Manda.

darknil

So I was rewatching the teaser and it just occured to me, what if "The Last" means the movie will be about the last Uzumaki? What if the movie kicks in with Karin dying?

I've been thinking this because I found weird that Naruto has an armband with the Uzumaki logo.

Has Karin ever repped the Uzumaki symbol in the manga or anime? It would be cool if it wasn't just Naruto doing it and considering she is the only other one left....get on it!

Also it's a shame Nagato never mentioned it unless I'm missing it. I just think it would be cool to recognize each other as being from the same clan, especially when you're a dying breed.

do Karin and Nagato even know they're Uzumaki?
I have no idea. Maybe someone told them growing up or something. That's why I wish they'd give it slightly more attention.

I guess it doesn't matter. Sasuke flipping out that the Uchiha clan is going to go extinct meanwhile just a short while ago there were more Uchiha walking around than Uzumakis :p

brinstar

I have no idea. Maybe someone told them growing up or something. That's why I wish they'd give it slightly more attention.

I guess it doesn't matter. Sasuke flipping out that the Uchiha clan is going to go extinct meanwhile just a short while ago there were more Uchiha walking around than Uzumakis :p

Well Sasuke grew up among his clan and had familial pride :p I don't think Naruto was ever aware of having a clan and the same probably went for Karin and Nagato, so I don't think they have any sort of attachment to the name.

I do think it's weird that Kishimoto has basically ignored the Uzumaki stuff. Apparently they had access to the freakin' death god at will but they're not important enough to come up among even casual shinobi discussion lol

I do think it's weird that Kishimoto has basically ignored the Uzumaki stuff. Apparently they had access to the freakin' death god at will but they're not important enough to come up among even casual shinobi discussion lol
That's what kills me most. And they were apparently a world renowned clan. I always love hearing about this stuff and it's just a shame they never brought it up more often. I feel like it could have lead to some potentially awesome flashbacks and cool conversations between characters like Naruto/Karin/Nagato.

It seems like they were an important clan mostly because of their skill in Fūinjutsu so you think they'd come up more often than they do.

I just think Kishi made them later. Just like we have no explanation of how the senju disappeared or hashirama died. I think Naruto was suppose to be a nobody at the start.

Hachitora

I think Naruto was suppose to be a nobody at the start.
It seemed to be that way. Especially in the fight with Neji. He told Neji that destiny didn't have anything to do with how you win or lose. That your parentage doesn't determine your own strengths. Hard work was the real determining factor.

Then it's revealed that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage and a reincarnation of the sage's son.

I honestly could not see how Hashirama's Mokujin could logically compete with the destructive capability of Madara's stabilized Susanoō.

Shinjusenju, though, that was just overwhelmingly superior.

Anyways, to make the difference of scale between Madara and Sasuke's clear:

Sasuke's one has wings though. I bet Madara is jelly.

It seemed to be that way. Especially in the fight with Neji. He told Neji that destiny didn't have anything to do with how you win or lose. That your parentage doesn't determine your own strengths. Hard work was the real determining factor.

Then it's revealed that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage and a reincarnation of the sage's son.

It doesn't negate the hard work he has done though. He would never be where he is now without that hard work.

The Sage said that the offspring doesn't always gets the parents strength and that Naruto was the reincarnation of someone that inherit nothing from the Sage of Six paths, but by hard work and friends was able to become strong. Also take in my that Indra was definitely the stronger as it took an army and Ashura to defeat him.

Sai

Sasuke's one has wings though. I bet Madara is jelly.
Madara's also had wings. ;) We just never saw them used, beyond sheaths for his blades.

Speaking of, that's another notable difference between Madara and Sasuke's "perfect" Susanoō. Sasuke's swords are held by hands near the joint of the wings—the alula, I think it's called—while Madara's are held by hands at the tips of it's wings.

Sai

Also take in my that Indra was definitely the stronger as it took an army and Ashura to defeat him.
Hagoromo said that Asura's strength blossomed through his hard work and support from friends, but not that he brought all those friends along to fight against Indra. Asura gained power comparable to his older brother through those experiences.

[EDIT] - Ack!... Sorry about the double post, I meant to edit that in. >_<

Hachitora

It doesn't negate the hard work he has done though. He would never be where he is now without that hard work.
The Sage said that the offspring doesn't always gets the parents strength and that Naruto was the reincarnation of someone that inherit nothing from the Sage of Six paths, but by hard work and friends was able to become strong. Also take in my that Indra was definitely the stronger as it took an army and Ashura to defeat him.
Yeah I know that Naruto's done hard work. I'm just saying that the fact that he has that lineage kind of takes away some of the credence of his message to Neji.

Meh I think Naruto's main message is that destiny and fate are bullshit. You're not destined to be anything you don't want to be. Anyone can pick their own path. That's the key thing. Naruto having some notable lineage doesn't change that. He can still choose whatever path he wants and his choice is his own. Same with Sasuke. Same with Neji.

LNBL

Teaser is out, some screen caps I took:
TrZaRVW.jpg

hRvkHRd.jpg

uc97ZHC.jpg

Expected more from his face, did they shorten the hair even more than in those sketches?

todd360

I just think Kishi made them later. Just like we have no explanation of how the senju disappeared or hashirama died. I think Naruto was suppose to be a nobody at the start.

Wasn't there hints of him being the fourths son early on? The son of a hokage is no nobody.

Also short haired future Naruto looks so dumb. They should have kept hair the same or more like his dads.

[/B]

Wasn't there hints of him being the fourths son early on? The son of a hokage is no nobody.

Also short haired future Naruto looks so dumb. They should have kept hair the same or more like his dads.

There were hints that were implied, but Kishi wanted Naruto to stand alone back then.
Like how Jiraya thinks Naruto looks like Minato or reminds him of Minato. It was also said that the 4th wanted Naruto to be thought of a hero by sealing the 9 tails in him.

Kishi left no dead ends with this, but left himself options. It's a shame that he didn't do that for other characters like Hashirama, Tobirama, Tobi (Obito reveal was stupid as hell still to me), Madara, Kaguya (Made up on the spot I bet), Hagaromo (everything was suppose to originate with him, but was retconned to Kaguya), and Black Zetsu.

with everyone saying this I can totally visualize him using one of his harem jutsu in the opening intro
that would be great too!

Anyway I know I'm late but I just watched the latest anime episode. Good stuff. Any episode with lots of Itachi flashbacks are invoking many feels. Also the Kage's doing their version of the power rangers hyping up a fight was funny.

King Boo

Yeah I know that Naruto's done hard work. I'm just saying that the fact that he has that lineage kind of takes away some of the credence of his message to Neji.

i agree with you. i think it's safer to say that your lineage reveals your maximum potential. so you can be destined to do great things, as long as you work for it. from his mom side, he gets the demon, sealing techniques (somehow), and life force. and from his dad he gets cool hair.

where would naruto be without things like his father's rasengan, limitless energy from the fox, the summons (same summons minato and jiraiya used), soul of the son of an alien conqueror, the destiny child prestige that somewhat gave the frogs a reason to give him sage lessons, and even jiraiya searching for a destiny child to teach. he still had to train and work for it, but would these opportunities exist if he wasn't destined for it? the destiny vs hard work can do anything theme was definitely muddled up if you ask me

The design is not the problem. Is that they are using the incompetent anime team. Every fucking scene is badly drawing with those people.

Sasuke is already looking like a chump with all the buffs he received. Should have just let Orochimaru have his body. Or give his eyes to Naruto so he can achieve SSJ4.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If there was going to be another big bad behind Madara, it should have been Hagaromo himself. The sage loses faith in the world after seeing all the wars as a chakra ghost or whatever the hell he was.

You're not the only one, the hair is awesome. I still prefer the look of him in his normal clothes from the sketch. Looks a lot better than with the headband and uniform on.

wmlk

Bad hair. Not iconic enough...
Wish he would look more like his father.

Also, does this mean that we already know how the manga will end? Like, why reveal this now at the climax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom