• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kakashi made his name for being the copycat ninja. Remember when one of the sharingan if not the biggest ability was thought to be able to copy an opponents jutsu by hand signs (?).
This series has really gotten a lot less technical over time.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
:lol :lol, man I've seen some bullshit and crappy illogical powerups, but this takes the cake in the random jumps of logic and total absence of explanation. I mean Naruto isn't the most consistent of manga but this just reads like the author woke up one day and said fuck it I'm doing this. It's not even consistent with prior jumps of logic or what he was establishing before.

It exists unto itself. It's quite something.

VariantX

Shits been crazy for way too long for me to care about kishi handing out random ass powerups at this point. They need to hurry up and end this fight though, its just totally ridiculous at this point of how it just keeps escalating.

This series has really gotten a lot less technical over time.

It happens with all shounen unfortunately. Growth is emphasised through power ups which as a result makes fights more flashy but less technical. Shikamaru;s fights were an exception and so was something like Sasuke's fight with Deidara.

Still the Naruto anime is one of the few shounen where fights have a lot of martial arts or hand to hand combat and I enjoy it for that.

As I'm reading I just laugh. Kakashi as the next hokage? The guy who collapses out of exhaustion from using kamui to teleport a mere kunai? Kakashi as being more powerful compared to any other person who has a pick-your-flavor-of-OP tehcniques? Naruto just casually and without warning throws out some entirely new and ridiculous 9-tailed beast elemental rasengan x 9 without breaking a sweat, while Kakashi just fails doing the same old shit he always has. Man this has just reached....

And then Obito laughs at death itself and comes back to upgrade him to Mystic Kakashi or whatever. You know what, I can dig that. If we're gonna go crazy let's go fucking crazy. Throw caution to the wind and get insane. Seal Kaguya into purgatory, the one dimension she can't manipulate, I don't care. I just want this to keep escalating now, every chapter must get more insane or I'll be disappointed. Nothing stops this train Kishi, nothing.

ED: Although it's kinda funny looking back at stuff like Izanagi and thinking, man that seems like pure hax. Or Madara summoning a gigantic meteor, holy cow, that's insane. Oh how little I knew.

Are some of you just tuning in now. I'm stunned at some of the reactions. Nothing here seems any more "ridiculous" than anything that has happened in a long while. In fact most people saw Kakashi getting the sharingan back coming last week because it only makes sense. Why put the power to waste and let it die with Obito when the world hangs in the balance.

What's transpired in Naruto over the past year or two well surpasses most elementary school playground rumors.

"Nuh uh! Tobi is actually Kakashi's dead friend Obito, and when he dies he's gonna come back to life and give Kakashi TWO Sharingan! My uncle in Japan said so!"

I just don't understand how Kakashi got a perfect sasano

tumblr_inline_n958rhglyP1rjnx7h.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You have a point there, maybe Kishi will forget lol.

The notion of stamina has gradually become less and less important over time, and has basically been completely discarded in the war arc.

Remember how using the sharingan just a bit during the first encounter with Zabuza incapacitated Kakashi for a few days? And remember how he basically went from 100% stamina to needing naruto to carry him around after using kamui 2 or 3 times against Deidara?

I think we're supposed to assume that Kakashi has been greatly improving his chakra control off-screen over the course of the manga, but I think it's even more true that Kishimoto just has thrown away these limits because stamina and fatigue are boring compared to hax spamming.

It would not be surprising at all if he awoke Obito's PS. Kakashi was able to use Obito's Kamui since he had one of is eyes in the past. Would be in line with that.

Are some of you just tuning in now. I'm stunned at some of the reactions. Nothing here seems any more "ridiculous" than anything that has happened in a long while. In fact most people saw Kakashi getting the sharingan back coming last week because it only makes sense. Why put the power to waste and let it die with Obito when the world hangs in the balance.

well I think people assumed that Obito would take his eyes out before he died and not literally teleport out of the afterlife and magically give him two sharingans

I also don't think people assumed that Kakashi would bypass everything we know about the Uchiha's power progression and instantly bring out a perfect susanoo right after getting new eyes.

eh but what do I know.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Look, Kishimoto was obviously trying to show Obito and kakashi meeting up in the chakra lifestream dimension like hagaromo did with sasuke and naruto, but conveying the meet up the way he did made it look like bullshit.

#1: Obito was meeting with Rin already.

#2: The transition from Rin to Kakashi was depicted with a kamui.

Unless the afterlife and the chakra dimension are the same damn thing, in which case, again, depicting the transition from rin to kakashi via kamui is terrible.

The way it's depicted appears as though Obito literally used kamui to freely travel between the world of the dead and the living like Baba in Dragon Ball, which is completely out of left field.

Oh, and:

#3: You can't just activate the sharingan by being infused with uchiha chakra. You need the damn eyes. Otherwise dead uchiha corpses couldn't be scavenged for sharingans by people like Danzo (or Sasuke, who took Itachi's eyes after he was long dead). But then again, we've seen a man with literally no eyes use susanoo. Kishimoto doesn't care :p

well I think people assumed that Obito would take his eyes out before he died and not literally teleport out of the afterlife and magically give him two sharingans

I also don't think people assumed that Kakashi would bypass everything we know about the Uchiha's power progression and instantly bring out a perfect susanoo right after getting new eyes.

eh but what do I know.
Meh I didn't read it like that fully. I think it's hard to depict what Kishi was trying to show on the page and it came out all confusing.

Also Kakshi is the copy ninja! Of course he can just make one just like that. But yeah I admit that's the only thing that requires some explanation (which we'll probably get next chapter), other than that everything seems pretty standard. Are people that flabbergasted at Kakashi bringing out Susanoo though? Is it that insulting lol. Susanoo doesn't even mean shit, it has already shown it won't affect Kaguya.

Khezu

Obito gave him fake spirit sharigans and a bunch of his chakra.
Obito was a mutant freak thanks to Mads, and had tons of Hashis senju chakra.

So now Kakashi has a temporary boost of Senju chakra to power his Sharingans.
This boost also helps him get the PS.

Hashis chakra does wonders for Sharingans remember? Shisui's eyes normally had a ten year cooldown, but thanks to Hashi juice, it was lowered to a day, and it let Obito spam the crap out of his MS with out it ever going blind.

At least that's how I rationalize it.

Do you understand?

no seriously

I just don't :/

1. Don't you need to have you're (sharigan) eyes combined with another set of (sharigan) eyes (that are from someone close to you in relationship) to even accomplish it in the first place?
2. Doesn't it go in stages?... exoskeleton, etc...

eh but what do I know.

I don't think he literally came out of the afterlife, it was an illusion.

I think its similar to what the Sage of Six Paths did with Naruto and Sasuke.

I don't think he literally came out of the afterlife, it was an illusion.

I think its similar to what the Sage of Six Paths did with Naruto and Sasuke.
That's exactly what it was. Or was "the verge of death" and what he was seeing with Rin wasn't real. It was just an illusion. Which a lot of people claim to have happen to them in real life when they almost die.

Also Obito implying that it is temporary might mean they are gone as soon as Kakashi uses all Obito's chakra or something. Guess we'll see.

I've been reading this manga for 10 years straight, I ain't even mad, just sad. I think the defining moment of plot/quality deterioration was probably the end of the Hidan/Kakuzu arc, from there it all went to shit pretty fast...remember when elemental attacks were important and Naruto wanted to feed Sakuke's flame with his wind rasen-shuriken? Yeah whatever.

That's exactly what it was. Or was "the verge of death" and what he was seeing with Rin wasn't real. It was just an illusion. Which a lot of people claim to have happen to them in real life when they almost die.

Also Obito implying that it is temporary might mean they are gone as soon as Kakashi uses all Obito's chakra or something. Guess we'll see.

Right. People thinking Obito came back from the ashes have misunderstood. The real omg how did Kakashi do that is being able to form perfect Susano and still be conscious for more than a couple of seconds.

I've been reading this manga for 10 years straight, I ain't even mad, just sad. I think the defining moment of plot/quality deterioration was probably the end of the Hidan/Kakuzu arc, from there it all went to shit pretty fast...remember when elemental attacks were important and Naruto wanted to feed Sakuke's flame with his wind rasen-shuriken? Yeah whatever.

Elemental attacks are still important, but when you are facing enemies like Madara and Kaguya who can control all elements do you think its a good idea to pursue such a thing? Also I think both Sasuke and Naruto know their elementals and respective weaknesses or strengths.

The notion of stamina has gradually become less and less important over time, and has basically been completely discarded in the war arc.

Remember how using the sharingan just a bit during the first encounter with Zabuza incapacitated Kakashi for a few days? And remember how he basically went from 100% stamina to needing naruto to carry him around after using kamui 2 or 3 times against Deidara?

I think we're supposed to assume that Kakashi has been greatly improving his chakra control off-screen over the course of the manga, but I think it's even more true that Kishimoto just has thrown away these limits because stamina and fatigue are boring compared to hax spamming.

The war arc has been pretty ridiculous with that regarding Kakashi.... But for the most part, it's not ridiculous at all that Kakashi would get used to using sharingan techniques over time without feeling as much backlash. Even just a general increase in stamina overall as time goes on is plausible.

In part one he even said he was out of shape.

He wasn't "on the verge" he was as dead as dead can possibly be, he was fucking ashes. He said himself that chakra "connects the two worlds" clearly meaning Obito was in some other place and not just hanging on having an NDE.

Bringing up the Sage is silly because that wasn't an illusion, it was real, his chakra transcends time and connects with people close to him.

Right. People thinking Obito came back from the ashes have misunderstood. The real omg how did Kakashi do that is being able to form perfect Susano and still be conscious for more than a couple of seconds.
The way I see it is that Obito already had the power and knowledge of Susanoo and he is just directly transferring that to Kakashi along with the power and chakra in general, once again similar to what the Sage did for Sasuke and Naruto.

He wasn't "on the verge" he was as dead as dead can possibly be, he was fucking ashes. He said himself that chakra "connects the two worlds" clearly meaning Obito was in some other place and not just hanging having an NDE.

Bringing up the Sage is silly because that wasn't an illusion, it was real, his chakra transcends time and connects with people close to him.
Either way, being in another dimension and then going in chakra form to give it all to kakashi doesn't seem that crazy to me. That whole sequence in general was tame in context. It's what came after that will require some explanation. Obito has always been massively OP. Which is also why I don't find it THAT surprising Kakashi can do what he did given that he has that OP mofo's chakra and his in there.

Khezu

Naruto doesn't even need to work with Sasuke anymore, he has his own blue fire rasen shurken now.

Sasuke really has nothing going for him now.

The way I see it is that Obito already had the power and knowledge of Susanoo and he is just directly transferring that to Kakashi along with the power and chakra in general, once again similar to what the Sage did for Sasuke and Naruto.

Either way, being in another dimension and then going in chakra form to give it all to kakashi doesn't seem that crazy to me. That whole sequence in general was tame in context. It's what came after that will require some explanation. Obito has always been massively OP. Which is also why I don't find it THAT surprising Kakashi can do what he did given that he has that OP mofo's chakra and his in there.
Sasuke the prodigy had to train his susanoo in stages before he ever got to a complete susanoo, then he had to transplate eyes and heal up before he got his perfect susanoo.

Now Obito, who has only used one eye the majority of his life and never used susanoo even once suddenly has the ability and knowledge to instantly bring out a fully formed perfect susanoo? I aint buying it.

Kishi just needed Kakashi to have his cool ass power up and everything else be damned.

Also isn't that how transmigration of Chakra works? Hagoromo stated that powerful Chakra's can stay behind and latch onto a new host. Not many people out there more OP than Obito was. Throw in the fact that he has Kamui, who knows what that enables him to do. He used it to go where Naruto/Sasuke went except he transferred all his chakra and traits to Kakashi. Kakashi is the copy ninja, combine that with Obito's power and although I'll still require some sort of explanation which we may get next week, I don't find it MEGA surprising.

ANYWAY, I think people who think Sasuke is useless now will be eating crowe in a chapter or two. Just like those saying the same for Kakashi. Kishi got everyone rustled and is playing everyone like violins lol.

Vice

Naruto doesn't even need to work with Sasuke anymore, he has his own blue fire rasen shurken now.

Sasuke really has nothing going for him now.

Sasuke will obtain the Total Perfect MS. Formed by will to protect and love other.

ffdgh

Also isn't that how transmigration of Chakra works? Hagoromo stated that powerful Chakra's can stay behind and latch onto a new host. Not many people out there more OP than Obito was. Throw in the fact that he has Kamui, who knows what that enables him to do. He used it to go where Naruto/Sasuke went except he transferred all his chakra and traits to Kakashi. Kakashi is the copy ninja, combine that with Obito's power and although I'll still require some sort of explanation which we may get next week, I don't find it MEGA surprising.

ANYWAY, I think people who think Sasuke is useless now will be eating crowe in a chapter or two. Just like those saying the same for Kakashi. Kishi got everyone rustled and is playing everyone like violins lol.

Oh? Itachi left a gift crow again? /s

Also Kishi acknowledges how surprising this is with Sasuke's reaction. I'm pretty sure we will get an explanation.

I'm fine with Kakashi getting the EMS because Obito's soul is taking control (is just like when he was controlling the paths) and it's going to last until Obito is out of Chakra.

I'm fine with Kakashi copying the Perfect Susanoo with his Sharingan, since he brought the basics back (a lot of that stuff has being happening in the latest fight)

I however don't understand how the fuck, does Kakashi/Ghostbito have enough chakra to pull out a PS.

I kind of like Obito reminding Kakashi what he is famous for, and then Kakashi coming out and showing everyone his PERFECT COPY SUSANOO DEAL WITH IT. People feared the copy ninja before, now this will put his copy skills into the mythical category.

Epcott

My conversation with a friend about this recent chapter:

Me: Wtf? That Naruto is stupid lol. Kakashi got sharingan via deus ex machina?

Him: Lol.. Exactly.. And yea naruto is stupid

Me: Let me see if I'm getting this correct... So Obito meets otherworldly Rin, then pops up from the land of the dead into the battle he just died in and gives kakashi his sharingan eyes... Right?

Him: Lol.. Well when u say it like that it sounds ridiculous.. Lol

Me: LoL, lord...

That was as dumb as Gantz when
the author in the form of a giant morphing face alien explained "because reincarnation" in the final chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom