• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys aren't seeing the bright side of this.
Since people can supposedly wish themselves back to life, that means that we might see Jiraiya soon.

Really wouldn't put it past Kishi though.

I'm still laughing after reading this chapter earlier this morning. LOL

For you guys asking how Kakashi could summon a perfect Susano'o, the answer is that he used the most powerful jutsu in this manga: the script.

Frog-fu

Banned
OK, so having gotten past my WTF reaction and seen different reactions, there's a few things that might add up to Kakashi/Obito's Susanoo.

1. manipulating spirits isn't new
Several characters in this war arc have claimed or shown the ability to manipulate their soul. Dan and Madara both were able to perform ninjutsu when they were separated from their Edo Tensei bodies and Tobirama claimed to have the ability to manipulate this soul.

2. the Sharingan is awakened by special chakra
According to Tobirama, an Uchiha awakens their Sharingan when their brain produces some kind of special chakra that affects the optic nerves. Obito, having returned from the spiritual realm, entered Kakashi's body and his chakra awakened the Rasengan.

3. Kakashi/Obito's Susanoo is likely temporary
As Obito said, the Susanoo isn't going to last (hopefully). Eventually, Kakashi will run out of Obito's chakra or Obito will return to the spiritual realm (it's still not clear if he returned). If Kakashi's use of Susanoo is only temporary (hopefully) then this can be forgiven, eventually.

Some inconsistencies however

1. Amaterasu + Tsukuyomi = Susanoo
Kishi wrote in a databook that Susanoo is awakened by the combination of Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. That is clearly not the case anymore. If two any techniques are required, than Sasuke has Amaterasu, Kagetsuchi and presumably Tsukuyomi as that was transcribed to him by Itachi's seal, apparently. Madara has Tsukuyomi and likely Amaterasu as well (I'm assuming this based on the fact Tobirama seemed to know of Amaterasu and likely experienced its use by Madara). Obito's eyes only have technique however, so even if any two powers would be fine, this is an inconsistency.

2. Chakra
Kakashi should not have the reserves to pull of a full fledged Susanoo. It simply doesn't make sense. Even if Naruto gave him chakra when he healed his eyes, I doubt Kakashi has it in him to pull it off, but apparently he does now. One could point to his more frequent use of Kamui to illustrate greater chakra reserves, but I would remain sceptical given the size and power of a PS.

3. "Perfect Copy"
Even if Kakashi could copy other techniques of the the same KKG, how would he have gone about that considering Sasuke doesn't use any hand seals for the jutsu, and even if Kakashi could perfectly read the ways in which chakra was manipulated it would require some ridiculous level of precision and attention to detail. It just doesn't feel right across the board.

It’s almost the end guys, let the story ride out. After Kaguya popping out of Madara’s belly button, I’m not surprised about anything anymore.

Also, what’s up with the other Edo Tensei Hokage?

Heroman

Banned
Why are peole questioning why ow Kakashi could summon a perfect Susano'o when we should be asking is how can a god damn dead man who is a ghost decide to come back to life and give super powers. I

It’s almost the end guys, let the story ride out. After Kaguya popping out of Madara’s belly button, I’m not surprised about anything anymore.

Also, what’s up with the other Edo Tensei Hokage?

I fear that it is not

Alien invasion being shoed in rumours
"Naruto Opening Project"

Why are peole questioning why ow Kakashi could summon a perfect Susano'o when we should be asking is how can a god damn dead man who is a ghost decide to come back to life and give super powers. I

Ghost power up is not something new. Minato and Kushina where inside Naruto and teach him some stuff, Hagoromo gave both Naruto and Sasuke new super eye and powers also. Perfect Susanoo though... I thought only Indra and his reincarnations where able to do that.

Heroman

Banned
Ghost power up is not something new. Minato and Kushina where inside Naruto and teach him some stuff, Hagoromo gave both Naruto and Sasuke new super eye and powers also. Perfect Susanoo though... I thought only Indra and his reincarnations where able to do that.

But those make sense, Minato and Kushina were part of the seal, and Hagoromo is the sage but Obito's just decide that ,fuck death cause I have sharingan, I going to give My bro some super powers ups.

But those make sense, Minato and Kushina were part of the seal, and Hagoromo is the sage but Obito's just decide that ,fuck death, I going to give My bro some super powers.

Well Dan was a regular guy and his Ghost traveled like 50 miles in less than a frame of a second to save Tsunade. Probably the situation.

ffdgh

We've learned many times sharingan defies logic so obito coming back briefly via kamui isn't too outlandish at this point lol.

Doc-Rivers.gif

I don't know about this manga anymore, it feels like masashi kishimoto is throwing everything, hook line and sinker in this arc. Ah Fuck it i'll still read it to the very end.

Loofy

The way I see it Sharingan are like Final Fantasy 7 Materia and Kakashi had like max level eyes. So when he got both all the abilities were already unlocked..
Seems the show is telling us that the afterlife is just another dimension so it makes sense.

Radian8

But those make sense, Minato and Kushina were part of the seal, and Hagoromo is the sage but Obito's just decide that ,fuck death cause I have sharingan, I going to give My bro some super powers ups.

Obito isn't just some bro. He was taught by Madara, who was able to cheat death in an equally as impressive method. It has shown that Obito was an incredible tactician, not only that, he was the Juubi jinchuuriki. During that period of being close to 'god' powers he would have learned a huge amount even in that short amount of time and the Susanoo would have been a basic technique for him compared to the Juubi powers.

As for him coming back to life, it's been heavily shown through the series now that someones Chakra can flow between life and death.

Who is dan, and when did this happen?

Dan was Tsunade's lover. He was to become Hokage but died too young. When Kabuto was forced to release the Edo Tensei, Dan saw his soul leaving his body, he used "Ghost transformation technique" to take control of his soul and Blitz miles and miles to the other battlefield . All in a period of time where Tsunade was falling (I think) and Madera was going to deal a fatal blow.

He got inside tsunade and met her in the same white space, he gave her some Chaka, a kiss on the forehead and went into the afterlife.

Heroman

Banned
Obito isn't just some bro. He was taught by Madara, who was able to cheat death in an equally as impressive method. It has shown that Obito was an incredible tactician, not only that, he was the Juubi jinchuuriki. During that period of being close to 'god' powers he would have learned a huge amount even in that short amount of time and the Susanoo would have been a basic technique for him compared to the Juubi powers.

As for him coming back to life, it's been heavily shown through the series now that someones Chakra can flow between life and death.
Yeah Obito isnt a bro to anyone as he is fucking insane crazy man , but him coming back to life doesn't make any sense.

He didn't came back to life, his Ghost Kamui himself out of limbo, into the real world and to Kakashi. What, huh, How? I dunno but Obito's body is a pile of ashes.

wmlk

Dan was Tsunade's lover. He was to become Hokage but died too young. When Kabuto was forced to release the Edo Tensei, Dan saw his soul leaving his body, he used "Ghost transformation technique" to take control of his soul and Blitz miles and miles to the other battlefield . All in a period of time where Tsunade was falling (I think) and Madera was going to deal a fatal blow.

He got inside tsunade and met her in the same white space, he gave her some Chaka, a kiss on the forehead and went into the afterlife.

We saw multiple cases of that Jutsu, but this time Obito literally came back from the afterlife.

Radian8

Yeah Obito isnt a bro to anyone as he is fucking insane crazy man , but him coming back to life doesn't make any sense.

hahahha! That he is. But an awesome one ;)

As for him Kamui'ing out of the afterlife, he didn't literally do that. It was a way of showing him leaving that place that makes 'sense' for his character, just as if it was Minato leaving he would use his Space–Time Ninjutsu.
If you look at Obito's spirit, you will not see the usual signs of Kamui's warping effect.

Jiraiya will himself back to life. Bodies in Naruto are just pile of ''stuff' as long as the soul is strong, everything is honky dory. Look at Sasori, he was basically a salami inside a puppet yet was alive.

wmlk

Someone on /a/ mentioned that Kishimoto is probably giving every character all these commodities to strengthen the franchise after the manga ends. It makes total sense, too. All of a sudden, new Kakashi merchandise will be desirable.

Ever since we confirmed that Obito had his MS intact we wanted to see how that Susanoo would look like. I think that's one of the reasons Obito was allowed to live. The guy has to be the most persistent motherfucker in the planet though, is like he is a comic character.

DominoKid

Sasuke being absolutely aghast at the bullshit on display is hilarious.

I hope it's permanent too lol. No reason for Kishimoto to back away from the fuckery now.

Namikaze1

The best part of today's chapter was Sasuke's reaction.

Also, I haven't stop laughing about Ghosbito. I had a hard time keeping a straight face during work. Wtf, Kishi!
If I wasn't such a terrible artist, I would draw Obito trolling the hell out of Death.

I just wanted to pop in and say when I read this chapter this morning I actually got to the part where Obito said he could go back to the world of the living, put down the chapter and went back to bed because I thought I was dreaming and that nobody was that stupid......

I just wanted to pop in and say when I read this chapter this morning I actually got to the part where Obito said he could go back to the world of the living, put down the chapter and went back to bed because I thought I was dreaming and that nobody was that stupid......

LOL, I was the same. I'm honestly just waiting for the Viz translations to sort out this mess.

Radian8

So.... Nobody's been talking about it, but what the hell was going on with the tailed beasts?
When Kaguya was hit at the same time with a bit of each of the tailed beasts energy it looks like she has shown her true form, or showing that there is another tailed beast, which happens to be a rabbit.

OR she was changing into her version of the Juubi, since she didn't have zetsu there to keep things in check. When she was hit with the tailed beast rasengans it appears that the beasts within her are trying to escape her hold, perhaps because the energy from each of the beasts has allowed them to take control for a brief period of time.

OK, so having gotten past my WTF reaction and seen different reactions, there's a few things that might add up to Kakashi/Obito's Susanoo.

1. manipulating spirits isn't new
Several characters in this war arc have claimed or shown the ability to manipulate their soul. Dan and Madara both were able to perform ninjutsu when they were separated from their Edo Tensei bodies and Tobirama claimed to have the ability to manipulate this soul.

2. the Sharingan is awakened by special chakra
According to Tobirama, an Uchiha awakens their Sharingan when their brain produces some kind of special chakra that affects the optic nerves. Obito, having returned from the spiritual realm, entered Kakashi's body and his chakra awakened the Rasengan.

3. Kakashi/Obito's Susanoo is likely temporary
As Obito said, the Susanoo isn't going to last (hopefully). Eventually, Kakashi will run out of Obito's chakra or Obito will return to the spiritual realm (it's still not clear if he returned). If Kakashi's use of Susanoo is only temporary (hopefully) then this can be forgiven, eventually.

Kishi wrote in a databook that Susanoo is awakened by the combination of Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. That is clearly not the case anymore. If two any techniques are required, than Sasuke has Amaterasu, Kagetsuchi and presumably Tsukuyomi as that was transcribed to him by Itachi's seal, apparently. Madara has Tsukuyomi and likely Amaterasu as well (I'm assuming this based on the fact Tobirama seemed to know of Amaterasu and likely experienced its use by Madara). Obito's eyes only have technique however, so even if any two powers would be fine, this is an inconsistency.

2. Chakra
Kakashi should not have the reserves to pull of a full fledged Susanoo. It simply doesn't make sense. Even if Naruto gave him chakra when he healed his eyes, I doubt Kakashi has it in him to pull it off, but apparently he does now. One could point to his more frequent use of Kamui to illustrate greater chakra reserves, but I would remain sceptical given the size and power of a PS.

3. "Perfect Copy"
Even if Kakashi could copy other techniques of the the same KKG, how would he have gone about that considering Sasuke doesn't use any hand seals for the jutsu, and even if Kakashi could perfectly read the ways in which chakra was manipulated it would require some ridiculous level of precision and attention to detail. It just doesn't feel right across the board.

i. Kishimoto doesn't write the databooks, his assistants do that. And you can't take anything written in the databooks as gospel, since they're not going to put any spoilers in it. The 3rd databook for instance says outright that tobi is madara, but we all know that that isn't the case.

ii. Either Obito transfered this technique to him the same way Itachi gave Sasuke Amaterasu, or Kakashi has Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. Either way he wouldn't require large amounts of stamina to pull this off.

iii. The sharingan doesn't actually copy techniques, that's just how it's explained in layman terms. Sasuke didn't even see perfect Susanoo. Hashirama told him about it, and basically learned to do it from that.

Epcott

I fear that it is not

Alien invasion being shoed in rumours
"Naruto Opening Project"

Thought this was a joke until I watched the teaser for The Last: Naruto Movie and remembered that Kaguya is a dimension jumping alien (presumably).

Interstellar Naruto and the Sharingan Space Ninjas! I can see it now!

Edit: JK please don't be true.
I was really hoping Obito remained dust. Well, no, I really wish he stayed dead after Madara used him to revive himself.

Well that happened

I'll just say that I scoffed that we still weren't done with Obito but at least he didn't take the whole chapter not being in Ninja Heaven

Also, I like how Sasuke has taken action whenever he gets the chance since he arrived in the war, but against Kaguya he can't do shit

2. Chakra

3. "Perfect Copy"

Susano is awakened after awakening both powers in your eyes. Note that Obito has the same power in each eye so though he technically did awaken both powers in his eyes they were the same.

Kakashi did not copy Sasuke's susano. You can't copy susano, its something only you can awaken. That susano is definitely his own. You can see the scar that he has on his eye reflected on the susano in fact.

Mendrox

Naruto won't end here. There will be Part 3 with crazy planets and such things... Like Dragonball Z. Naruto will have a son with Hinata and a few years after the movie, there will be a alien which comes to earth. He will be Narutos long lost brother who got created by jumping through all the dimensions. They will fight somebody way stronger on another planet and Obito will be back.

Naruto won't end here. There will be Part 3 with crazy planets and such things... Like Dragonball Z. Naruto will have a son with Sasuke and a few years after the movie, there will be a alien which comes to earth. He will be Narutos long lost brother who got created by jumping through all the dimensions. They will fight somebody way stronger on another planet and Obito will be back.

fixed

Chariot

Naruto won't end here. There will be Part 3 with crazy planets and such things... Like Dragonball Z. Naruto will have a son with Hinata and a few years after the movie, there will be a alien which comes to earth. He will be Narutos long lost brother who got created by jumping through all the dimensions. They will fight somebody way stronger on another planet and Obito will be back.
Since the both are supposed to end and run in the same magazine, I still dream of the two ending in a weird crossover.

Sai

Kishi wrote in a databook that Susanoo is awakened by the combination of Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu.
All based around Itachi's example of the technique, from it's prerequisites to it's armament.

If two any techniques are required, than Sasuke has Amaterasu, Kagetsuchi and presumably Tsukuyomi as that was transcribed to him by Itachi's seal, apparently.
Tensha Fūin: Amaterasu is what Itachi transcribed into Sasuke's left eye, and it was a single use trap meant for Tobi, released once the conditions were met.

All of Sasuke's Mangekyō Sharingan techniques have been a result of his own dōryoku, nothing given to him by Itachi.

Madara has Tsukuyomi and likely Amaterasu as well (I'm assuming this based on the fact Tobirama seemed to know of Amaterasu and likely experienced its use by Madara).
Nothing has been even implied about Madara's initial Mangekyō Sharingan techniques; Susanoō is all we've ever seen or heard of on that front.

Many presumed that he had Tsukuyomi because the common assumption was that he conceptualized Mugen Tsukuyomi, but that's been thrown to the wayside after the origins of Mugen Tsukuyomi were revealed, making it clear that the latter was named as such due to Tsukuyomi's literal translation/meaning.

... Don't even know why I'm bothering with this anymore—so bitter. -____-

The way I see it Sharingan are like Final Fantasy 7 Materia and Kakashi had like max level eyes. So when he got both all the abilities were already unlocked..
Seems the show is telling us that the afterlife is just another dimension so it makes sense.

This is how I interpreted it. We are in the home stretch and everything is being thrown out the window. I love it. Waiting for a Kisame redemption and Jiraiya ressurection before it's all finished. Kishimoto don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom