• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

My list, order don't matter

Itachi- The love shown by this man. The feels are too much.
Pein- Straight raw as hell and gives no fucks.
Hidan- Pure psycho, I love it.

Episode 167 is absolutely one of the best episodes of Shippuden idgaf yo. Watched it yesterday and my god what a show.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My list:

1. Itachi - He was a good villain, and the best hero. I've already talked about why he's my favorite character in this thread multiple times.
  2. Kisame - He had some pretty dumb dialogue, but his partnership with Itachi was unique among the Akatsuki in that they respected each other and got along. Also love his design, Samehada, and his insane chakra abilities, especially because he's not even from a clan or a lineage or anything - he's just a really powerful guy.
  3. Nagato - Awesome character. Every time this guy talks he makes his presence known, and every time this guy fights he either wins or makes it a huge spectacle. He killed Hanzo. Overall, I feel like he carried the "fallen hero" status with more finesse than Obito.

Runner-ups:

4. Deidara
5. Konan

And no chapter this week? Damn.

Namikaze1

Top 3 favorite Akatsuki?

1) Konan
2) Konan
3) Konan

Screw the others!

Fake Edit: serious list:
1) Konan
2) Pain
3) Itachi

Tobi would've made the list if it wasn't for the Obito bullshit. Oh and killing Konan. I prefer when he was a nobody.
P.S. Rot in hell, Obito!

P.S. Rot in hell, Obito!

3VZM9bx.png

Frog-fu

Banned
I was liking Obito up until the point he told Kakashi he was going to be the Sixth Hokage.

Fuck off, you amoral, psychotically needy and imbalanced shithead of mass murdering piece of shit. You don't get to ghostblock Naruto's lifelong dream so Kakashi can live out yours, you malignant cunt.

Sorry.

Not sorry. Jimmies rustled.

Maddocks

Well at this point naruto is still a 16 year old. While the sand have a young leader, tsunade is still hokage and while she might give it up sooner rather then later, she did say her choice would be kakashi first while naruto is a ways off. Storywise she said that like a month ago. While the war might be 4 years old to us readers, its still on what, day 2?

Kakashi should be the 6th(personal bias for kakashi being my favorite) while naruto trains more and more and gets older. Before the title is passed to him. I do have a feeling the next movie will address it so that kakashi is the 6th while naruto is being even more groomed for the role as 7th.

I was liking Obito up until the point he told Kakashi he was going to be the Sixth Hokage.

Fuck off, you amoral, psychotically needy and imbalanced shithead of mass murdering piece of shit. You don't get to ghostblock Naruto's lifelong dream so Kakashi can live out yours, you malignant cunt.

Sorry.

Not sorry. Jimmies rustled.

Naruto is young and has plenty of time to be Hokage. I don't think he's mature enough for the position at this point anyway.

Frog-fu

Banned
Well at this point naruto is still a 16 year old. While the sand have a young leader, tsunade is still hokage and while she might give it up sooner rather then later, she did say her choice would be kakashi first while naruto is a ways off. Storywise she said that like a month ago. While the war might be 4 years old to us readers, its still on what, day 2?

Kakashi should be the 6th(personal bias for kakashi being my favorite) while naruto trains more and more and gets older. Before the title is passed to him. I do have a feeling the next movie will address it so that kakashi is the 6th while naruto is being even more groomed for the role as 7th.

I disagree with the age thing being a factor. Gaara became Kazekage at 15, and Naruto has matured a lot since. He's pretty much like Hashirama 2.0, only stronger and capable of realising his dreams because errrbody loves him.

I'm also certain Tsunade suggested Naruto become Hokage at some point post time-skip, though that might have been anime only and therefore not canon.

What really just irks me about the situation is the way Kakashi is being hinted at the title literally at the end of the manga. We've waited all this time for Naruto realise his childhood dream only for his sensei, who is much weaker and nowhere near as charismatic, to become the Sixth because his ghost friend told him so? That's fucking infuriating.

Maddocks

But Kakashi was already voted to be hokage once, till danzo got his way and vetoed it. When danzo died and before tsunade woke up they pretty much said the words,"from this day forward you are now..." "WAIT!!!!" and even then he was grateful it didn't happen. So he might not want to do it, but of course he will do it because its his friends final words to him pretty much.

Another reason I think naruto doesnt get it right off the bat is because he seems to want to travel around and learn more. If he is hokage, that stops, hes not leaving the village. So he will go and train and explore for 5-10 years make friendships and build relationships then become hokage. But don't panic, his dream will still end the series, its just not going to happen as soon as the war is over.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kakashi never seemed like the leader type to me, at least insofar as running a village. Tsunade is still a really capable ninja and leader, so unless she dies I don't see her needing a replacement until Naruto is 22+ at the very least. But now that it's been stated twice that he's sixth Hokage material - by Tsunade and by Obito - it's probably going to happen.

Frog-fu

Banned
If I don't see Naruto become Hokage in the actual manga, it's always going to leave bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I could forgive that shit.

1. Pain - not that red headed nerd Nagato but the stone cold badass who embodied the term "shit just got real".

2. Kisame- mostly for his death scene really

3. eh IDK, can I say Tobi right up until he was unmasked?

Everyone, tell us your top 3 favorite Akatsuki members?

1) Deidara (Cool personality and loved art)
2) Pain (Crazy powers, amazing backstory, self proclaimed god)
3) HIdan (I've never heard an anime character curse and preach so much before in such a humorous way. He was brilliant,

Itachi is probably going to be the favorite, due to him being the best rounded character in the entire series. But yeah, those are my top 3. Who are yours?

1) Itachi
2) Konan
3) Hidan

*embraces flame shield*

I don't know why people like Konan so much, she pretty much had no personality, ambition, or agency of her own. Her entire character revolved around Nagato and Yahiko and how best to serve them.

She really reminds of Mikasa from AoT actually, though even Mikasa has more of a character arc.(well I guess she should since she's one of the main characters)

Pein

Banned
I do wanna see kakashi become hokage, gives naruto time to do other stuff. like run around punking sasuke and banging konoha chicks.

You could bring up Gaara but he had to be kage because his village is shit strength wise.

Well whatever happens, I don't want to see Naruto become hokage straight after the war. It's be way more entertaining if he became someone like how Jiraya was.

And yes, in a way it'd be cool to see Kakashi be hokage, but I felt really sorry for him when he had no choice but the be hokage even though he really didn't want to be. So unless he decides that he really wants to take up the role then I don't want to see it happenin :p

Furyous

Should I spoiler tag this stuff?

My Big Three Akatsuki Members in order of greatness:

Obito:

He slaughtered a squad of ANBU as a chunnin with some assistance of course. He basically ran the village of the hidden mist. He convinced Nagato to join him. He fought the Fourth Hokage technically won due to his death and weakening the village. He made the Eye of the Moon Plan come to fruition. He beat Kakashi at full power. He convinced Itachi and Sasuke to join his cause. Finally, he reversed death in what is arguably the most over powered moment in Manga history. He could've wiped out Konoha on his own if he wanted to in my opinion.

Itachi:

Is the earliest recorded ANBU.
Slaughtered his own clan and became a wanted ninja at the behest of the third.
Fought Pervy Sage and lived to tell about it.
Beat Deidara easily.
Returned from death only to save Sasuke... AGAIN.
Honestly, I'm glossing over a lot of his greatness. It can be argued that he's a second to the first hokage in terms of greatness.

Nagato:

Prime Nagato was able to overwhelm both Naruto and KB at full power. He one hit killed jinchuurikis as Pein. He wiped out Konoha singlehandedly. The only reason I'm choosing him is Orochimaru is too obvious a choice. Orochimaru deserves his own post for his greatness. I mean he's still alive after dying four times.

Daaaaamn sick chapter, can't believe kakashi did that, susanoo was just the beginning it seems. The sauce getting owned. Next week will be hype.

Also I wonder who my fave akatsuki is.

Namikaze1

*embraces flame shield*

I don't know why people like Konan so much, she pretty much had no personality, ambition, or agency of her own. Her entire character revolved around Nagato and Yahiko and how best to serve them.

She really reminds of Mikasa from AoT actually, though even Mikasa has more of a character arc.(well I guess she should since she's one of the main characters)
Silver, buddy, let's have a chat in my office. It will be civil I promise. What do you mean you could see the torture room in the distance? I said office not torture room, right?

Pein

Banned
Orochimaru is the most boss villain because he's the one that actually could make you fear him. He came off as strong and evil, when Kakashi shit his pants meeting him again, you knew this guy was no joke.

No other character has had that kind of response, some one like itachi or even Nagato. there was always a challenge to them and a threat that they could be taken down, Jiraiya got that from both Nagato and Itachi. Only person Hiruzen said could have killed Orochimaru was Minato and he was dead.

Namikaze1

Nah, I would say it started downhill for Tobi when he got legit shook by Kabuto. All it took was the sight of a coffin for his own dastardly plans to slowly fall apart.
I mean, he stumbled a bit and slowly began to climb back up before losing his grip once his mask fell apart.

Silver, buddy, let's have a chat in my office. It will be civil I promise. What do you mean you could see the torture room in the distance? I said office not torture room, right?

friend Namikaze, look into your heart, you know I speak the truth.

Come join me........

Pein

Banned
Nah, I would say it started downhill for Tobi when he got legit shook by Kabuto. All it took was the sight of a coffin for his own dastardly plans to slowly fall apart.

Nah, Tobi got clowned by Minato in his first serious fight. Not to mention Tobi was acting like a idiot for awhile, up until the Madara reveal with Pain.

Orochimaru had people shook from the beginning.

SolVanderlyn

Orochimaru is the most "evil" villain in the series, only a notch below Hidan who worships evil and whose character relies on being as evil as possible. Oro was a power hungry, vain, and selfish bastard who had no qualms about ruining other people's lives for his own ambitions. He had the creep factor going for him, too. Nagato/Obito/Madara/Kaguya/even most if not all of Akatsuki may be stronger and more of a "threat" than Orochimaru, but this is a guy who wanted to steal bodies from and experiment on children. Plus, he actually looked like this:

Orochimaru%27s_True_Form.PNG

I would never sleep again if I saw that in real life. He was someone to be afraid of. And easy to hate. Kaguya comes close, but is lacking the creep factor.

Oro isn't my favorite villain, but he's definitely got a certain uniqueness to him. I'm not a fan of his sudden apathy, but after being killed three or four times, I'm not sure I can blame him.

Also, I found these while searching for pictures on Google, lol:

d9d542355035d44f1a7d23750d738a9d82f7a3857e995431451fc2944c826ad7.jpg

edo-tensei_c_1176716.jpg

orochimaru_pedobear_by_aliyaaliyalee8-d5q87g3.jpg

Orochimaru had the best music too, dude had the creepy vibe under lock and key.

For me it was Pain who gave off the best "unstoppable villain" aura.

It's just a suble difference between the two, Oro was disturbing and someone you don't want to be near while Pain was just "power", it was just the way he carried himself, like he knew for a fact that no one could fuck with him.

Namikaze1

I find it funny that everyone of Konoha 12's teachers aside from Kurenai had an incredible moment or two in Shippuden. Asuma had his moment in Hidan and Kakazu arc, Gai in the War Arc, and Kakashi in multiple arcs. Kurenai is stuck behind, in a devastated Konoha with a baby.

I find it funny that everyone of Konoha 12's teachers aside from Kurenai had an incredible moment or two in Shippuden. Asuma had his moment in Hidan and Kakazu arc, Gai in the War Arc, and Kakashi in multiple arcs. Kurenai is stuck behind, in a devastated Konoha with a baby.
Nah. She was pretty cool vs Itachi.

Namikaze1

I know that but I was talking more about the Shippuden series. She's stuck home carrying around a baby for long time and barely is mentioned in the manga after the time jump. Seriously, all the other jounins had their moment while she was stuck home. If it wasn't for Asuma, she probably would have had a great moment. I mean, she was known for her genjutsu.

SolVanderlyn

That wasn't Shippuden, though. It's kind of a shame she never got to do anything outside of that one genjutsu move.

I feel like the team dynamic they had going with the Konoha 12 and their teachers was a lot of wasted potential. Team Asuma and Team Kakashi got enough screentime, while most of Team Kurenai and Team Gai got shafted outside of their initial appearances (in Shippuden, anyway). Even then, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato are also shafted battle wise. Rock Lee is like the Tenshinhan of Shippuden.

Namikaze1

ah yes Kurenai, I remember her dad told her to calm the fuck down because she was a woman and needed to have kids one day,
That wasn't in the manga, was it? I know it was in th anime but I don't recall reading that in the manga. If it was, it would have been from a chapter released over half a decade ago and I just can't remember that.

That wasn't in the manga, was it? I know it was in th anime but I don't recall reading that in the manga. If it was, it would have been from a chapter released over half a decade ago and I just can't remember that.

considering I don't watch the anime it was definitely in the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom