• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Naruto is over, I'll finish bleach, force mysef through attack on Titan and be done with Manga pretty much. I dislike One Piece, HxH has some of the worst art I've ever seen and the rest don't interest me enough to try them.

You can just watch the HxH anime, its a very faithful adaptation.

the recent HxH chapters actually have good art too.

Step

I really don't want the thread lock over that.

Let's say this.

If you where kidnapped by the Military of your country and they did an experiment where they will give you the powers of any Naruto character (logic not needed), but of course you will need to do they dirty work for them for 10 years .(you are a ninja, so spy missions most likely) Which character power's you would want?

Also if you want the powers of guys like let's say Kisame, your skin will turn blue and will had all his odd features.

I'll say Kakashi, with Kisame reserve of chakra, the only thing that stops Kakashi of winning is pretty much his above average amount of chakra.

After Naruto ends, I'm going to watch HxH, I liked the old one but I didn't follow it seriously, I find One Piece boring, mostly because of the pirates theme and there is so much to catch up, I have no interest in Fairy Tail and I hate Attack on Titan art style/char design.

Heroman

Banned
After Naruto is over, I'll finish bleach, force mysef through attack on Titan and be done with Manga pretty much. I dislike One Piece, HxH has some of the worst art I've ever seen and the rest don't interest me enough to try them.

Yo man, Hunter X hunter is so gooooooood. Forgot about the art and just watch the amine. In time you will see why it is so loved by fans.

FStubbs

Fairy Tail is a study by Hiro Mashima to see how many shounen cliches you can put into one series.

It has a long way to go to get to the ultimate, most straightforward cliched shonen series ever -

Dai no Daibouken.

Dai no Daibouken is awesome because it follows shonen tropes so shamelessly.

Heroman

Banned
Madara is laughing his ass off like an adrenaline junkie that cheated death whilst Gai is burning up like an ember.

Eight Gates Gai ain't shit.

So let me get this , the only person in the whole manga who was almost killed the Ninja devil Madara, a man that in his weakest form solo the ninja army and the five kages, an't shit?

Welfare

Once Naruto ends I am going to blaze through the Jojo manga, then wait for that to never end. When Bleach decides to end, I'll switch over to Toriko. My manga reading will be One Piece, Attak on Titan, Jojo, Toriko, and UQ Holder.

The problem with OPM is that the chapters aren't weekly (since it takes some time to make such pretty chapters)
and if you just want to go on ahead with the plot then you'd have to read the original version by One which isn't as gorgeously drawn

yup

lolololololol understatement of the year

I wonder what manga Naruto fans will go to after the series ends
I have a bad feeling that the main one will be Fairy Tail :/

This is why I don;t want Naruto to end -___-

No other manga has caught me like Naruto if we are talking about shounen.

I'll just stop reading manga I guess and reminisce about the glory days of reading naruto.

I guess I could read the yearly Berserk chapter.

attack on titan by far has the worst art, getting through that is a slog. I'm thinking about just skipping the manga and watching the anime only for that.

I can see Bleach ending before Naruto to be honest

Kishi is likely to have more villains face offs post Kaguya while Bleach may just have the Quincy King and maybe the Soul King as final obstacles

idk for both of these they just seemed rushed while still feeling very dragged on.... I guess it is because we are getting back to back villains without any pauses

Frog-fu

Banned
So let me get this , the only person in the whole manga who was almost killed the Ninja devil Madara, a man that in his weakest form solo the ninja army and the five kages, an't shit?

Yup. Madara wasn't even fighting back and kept goading Gai to keep coming at him, and yet despite that Eight Gates Gai is overhyped like shit like he's some god-slayer. Hell naw. That entire fight felt like Kishimoto felt obligated to show off the Eight Gates fully unleashed before he ends the manga and really didn't want it to make it any more meaningful than a hype machine and stalling method plot-wise.

I guess why some people won't read Toriko is because

• it is about getting food (with some twist and backstabbing)
  • overly muscled men (some people are normal looking)
  • not a lot of fan service... scratch that no fan service

Heroman

Banned
Yup. Madara wasn't even fighting back and kept goading Gai to keep coming at him, and yet despite that Eight Gates Gai is overhyped like shit like he's some god-slayer. Hell naw. That entire fight felt like Kishimoto felt obligated to show off the Eight Gates fully unleashed before he ends the manga and really didn't want it to make it any more meaningful than a hype machine and stalling method plot-wise.
What bro, He it the shit. He is one of the strongest people in the manga. Hell kish has to make up dumb reason to why gai is not fighting in pein arc. Gai Is a god slayer.

attack on titan by far has the worst art, getting through that is a slog. I'm thinking about just skipping the manga and watching the anime only for that.

Is badly drawn but no where on the level. No other series has caught me like Naruto. Not even all time favorites like Pokemon, Dragon Ball and Shaman king who I would never read a manga of. I wish the Bleach Anime came back, I loved the music.

Edit: Madara wasn't fight back because he couldn't. He couldn't react, he couldn't strategize, None of his plans or counters worked. He was just lucky to be alive.

I watched like 60 episodes and it was great. It just got super repetitive like all shonen do so I stopped. There was only so many times I could watch dude fork chop someone in half and then salivate over what he would add to his super grand chef meal thingy thing at the end of the episode.

Heroman

Banned

Toriko_design3.jpg

I watched like 60 episodes and it was great. It just got super repetitive like all shonen do so I stopped. There was only so many times I could watch dude fork chop someone in half and then salivate over what he would add to his super grand chef meal thingy thing at the end of the episode.

Dont wacth the anime , Just read the manga.

Iztli

Best Moment in this whole god damn shitty war arc is when gai goes eight gate beats the fuck out of madara. That moment was pure hype, I wish gai defeated madara.

500px-Night_guy.PNG

THe worst, to many to count.

Hopefully the anime makes it as epic as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1BR98tQ95E#t=151

I really loved the music selection. Made an already bad ass moment even more awesome.

I usually watch those videos after the manga releases. It's gotten to the point where I favor them over the anime :O

The thing is the story takes a twist later on and shows off the true objective (which was foreshadowed) in the series

the Toriko vs Starjun fight alone (in the manga) had at least 8 new techniques by Toriko

lol well Female fan service ;)

Also Toriko Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Censored, Low Budget, added Filler to Canon, distorted, PG, Toriko Anime

Heroman

Banned
Is badly drawn but no where on the level. No other series has caught me like Naruto. Not even all time favorites like Pokemon, Dragon Ball and Shaman king who I would never read a manga of. I wish the Bleach Anime came back, I loved the music.

Edit: Madara wasn't fight back because he couldn't. He couldn't react, he couldn't strategize, None of his plans or counters worked. He was just lucky to be alive.

What other series have you tried?

Or some might think it is ridiculous and to never be taken seriously. Besides Toriko's crew is in need to a strong female main character and villains. No Rin is not strong nor she is a min character.

Also
franco-so-good.gif

Or some might think it is ridiculous and to never be taken seriously. Besides Toriko's crew is in need to a strong female main character and villains. No Rin is not strong nor she is a min character.
:)
Spoilers
the main villain is a female that manipulated everything from the shadows

---------

The series has some comedy, great fighting scenes, cooking, unique monsters, nice twist and one of the best world buildings out there for Shonen

As far as female ninja go, Mai (Mizukage) is the strongest female character in Naruto, ever.
Spoilers the main villain is a female that manipulated everything from the shado
It's unconfirmed if its a female or not. We know that the person is wearing a mask, and not who everyone thought he/she is.

Gai's moment was one of the highlights of the war arc. One of Kishimotos stumbles in part 2 was not giving Gai, Lee and Neji badass moments like Neji/Kidōmaru, Lee/Gaara or Lee and Gaara vs Kimimaro

As far as female ninja go, Mai (Mizukage) is the strongest female character in Naruto, ever.

It's unconfirmed if its a female or not. We know that the person is wearing a mask, and not who everyone thought he/she is.

Joa was mentioned as the daughter of Frohze a few chapters back :/

the face isn't a mask but rather a scared face

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The madara hype train was pretty crazy as well. Peaked at this:

naruto-4613833.jpg
It was kind of stupid seeing the 1 through 7 tails giving Kurama a hard time. "Dude he's just 1 human wtf you pansy." Dumbasses, Kurama is like 10 times as powerful as the lot of you combined. If he's shitting himself at madara Uchiha, your comparably weak asses better be running for the hills.

Gai's moment was one of the highlights of the war arc. One of Kishimotos stumbles in part 2 was not giving Gai, Lee and Neji badass moments like Neji/Kidōmaru, Lee/Gaara or Lee and Gaara vs Kimimaro

this completely

they felt more unique and interesting... man all of Lees fights in part one where amazing

Lee got his whole Manga and TV series. He has gotten better treatment than most of the cast. I love the manga and Anime is really silly.

Is Toriko really that good? How is the art? Lots of great battles? I really want to read One Piece but Find the task daunting and always found the art off putting. I got into it watching it on Toonami.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is Toriko really that good? How is the art? Lots of great battles? I really want to read One Piece but Find the task daunting and always found the art off putting. I got into it watching it on Toonami.
One Piece's art is off putting at first. It grows on you. The anime picks up around episode 30 or so, and then really kicks off into high gear around episode 60. You can't jump into OP and "get it" right away. I think this is what scares so many people away - it's a time investment. My personal advice is to watch up until episode 80 or so, when they get to Arabasta. If you're not into it by then, it's probably not your thing.

Frog-fu

Banned

I refuse to get into Toriko because of superficial reasons, but One Piece is fucking terrific. Get into that, bro. It's a long and epic journey, full of adventure, action, laughter and a little drama. It's just one big epic story. Come on aboard, brother.

One Piece's art is off putting at first. It grows on you. The anime picks up around episode 30 or so, and then really kicks off into high gear around episode 60. You can't jump into OP and "get it" right away. I think this is what scares so many people away - it's a time investment. My personal advice is to watch up until episode 80 or so, when they get to Arabasta. If you're not into it by then, it's probably not your thing.
I'm watching the water 7/Enies Lobby arc but I need to start from scratch to understand everything.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

The art is a hit and miss--kind of old-school. Battles... well, so many powerful people and beings duking it out, many of them are great though, imo.

What Toriko does better than most, even than One Piece, is the *sense of world-scale* and *world-building*. The world in Toriko is really really amazing, with an unmatched sense of grandiose and scale to the likes I haven't seen in any other manga of its kind. It's just amazing how much really unique stuff the author could think of, it's making the sense of adventure really strong in Toriko

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm watching the water 7/Enies Lobby arc but I need to start from scratch to understand everything.

Yea! Lot's of surprises in that arc esp right after it's over so don't spoil yourself. One piece took off for me right after they met Sanji. It became my favorite after Water 7, but I think it had me arabasta.

As for Naruto, I loved that damn Manga early on but it starting losing steam around time skip and maybe just before. Zabuza and the chunin arc were amazing! Basically once Orichimaru became a punk, the story went downhill lol.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The art is a hit and miss--kind of old-school. Battles... well, so many powerful people and beings duking it out, many of them are great though, imo.

What Toriko does better than most, even than One Piece, is the *sense of world-scale* and *world-building*. The world in Toriko is really really amazing, with an unmatched sense of grandiose and scale to the likes I haven't seen in any other manga of its kind. It's just amazing how much really unique stuff the author could think of, it's making the sense of adventure really strong in Toriko
You have my attention. How long does it take for the series to pick up? Is the anime a good enough adaptation?

Also, did anyone ever play that Rock Lee 3DS game? Was it any good? I'm jonesing for some Naruto, and I've played UNS3 to death by now. Actually, let me broaden the question - what are your favorite Naruto games?

Pein

Banned
Agreed on the point that no manga has caught me like Naruto and I've read and follow a substantial amount. One piece at its highs are great but way too many arcs just drag on forever, the Marineford arc is just so amazing, top 10 arc of any manga for me. All of part 2 is so boring right now, Fishman island is so crap.

You have my attention. How long does it take for the series to pick up? Is the anime a good enough adaptation?

Also, did anyone ever play that Rock Lee 3DS game? Was it any good? I'm jonesing for some Naruto, and I've played UNS3 to death by now. Actually, let me broaden the question - what are your favorite Naruto games?
If your 're gonna get in to one piece read the manga, the anime is horribly paced now.

Its funny and good if you like 2D beat'em ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom