• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
Sasuke's so shit, right now. It seems all he got from the Rikudo was the shit teleport jutsu.
His EMS powers are more impressive and now Kakashi has the best sharingan in the series, its like another fuck sasuke moment.

Sasuke's so shit, right now. It seems all he got from the Rikudo was the shit teleport jutsu.
His EMS powers are more impressive and now Kakashi has the best sharingan in the series, its like another fuck sasuke moment.
Dude he can trade places with things....sometimes.....if he is close enough.

daveo42

Banned
I'm just glad things appear like they are going to wrap up. I swear, if there's another ass pull here then I am prepared to read it again next week like the fool I am. Also, not sure why she didn't go back to the gravity dimension. Everyone would have just dropped out of the sky right?

Yep he finally mastered the genin's most powerful technique, the substitution jutsu.

I laughed. Nice to see all that training pay off.

luckyguess

Neo Member
This whole undermining Sasuke's abilities trend that's been going on in the last few chapters gives me the feeling that Kishimoto has something new in store for Sasuke. Otherwise, the way he's making Sasuke look like a joke right now is illogical.

Kaguya is just some normal person with a bunch of overpowered abilities, she really has no battle sense.

Madara would have ended this ages ago if he had her powers.

what a disappointment she's been.

Sasuke hasn't shown a lot of his abilities. Kishi is saving them so don't think for a second he's not going to have some ridiculous new powers to show off.

I'm so happy for Kakashi that he's going to be my perma avatar, sorry Ichigo you are gone bro. Kakashi the legend.

Very deserving character.

Anyone seeing how masterfully Naruto as a series is seemingly drawing to a close? I know a good amount of people are pissed with the power up shit but I gotta say I find it very satisfying for some reason.

I ain't even mad.jpg

Nope. Don't have any interest in Kaguya as an antagonist and I've never really had any investment in this arc from the start (how long has it been, four years now?)

luckyguess

Neo Member
Sasuke hasn't shown a lot of his abilities. Kishi is saving them so don't think for a second he's not going to have some ridiculous new powers to show off.

Agreed. The fact that Kishimoto made a point of having Naruto call out how Kakashi is making Sasuke look like a chump... That's either plain mean to do to your own character or you must have some plan to redeem him in the near future.

Pein

Banned
This whole undermining Sasuke's abilities trend that's been going on in the last few chapters gives me the feeling that Kishimoto has something new in store for Sasuke. Otherwise, the way he's making Sasuke look like a joke right now is illogical.

Sasuke always looks like shit before getting or showing a new tech.

VOTE Naruto beat his ass and he used Curse mark V2

Deidara fight he finally showed a boss summon

Itachi was winning and he had to whip out kirin

Bee stomped him out and he used amaterasu

The kage summit, he activated the skeletal susanoo or he would have died a bunch of times

DedValve

Banned
Kaguya is pretty uninterestig. Yet another villain who underestimates team 7 except this time she doesn't do anything she floats...maybe throws some rods around and teleports then floats some more...

At least Madara was more dynamic. She doesn't even speak. Zetsu as a sleeve is pretty cool though. Well, was.

Yes, the war officially started in Nov '10.

siiiiighhh

Kaguya is pretty uninterestig. Yet another villain who underestimates team 7 except this time she doesn't do anything she floats...maybe throws some rods around and teleports then floats some more...

At least Madara was more dynamic. She doesn't even speak. Zetsu as a sleeve is pretty cool though. Well, was.

And he had build-up. I thought they couldn't make a villain more boring than Madara, but here we are.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't understand Kishimoto's thinking behind making Kaguya.

Let's assume he thought her up really early on, like around the time he came up with the idea of the tailed beasts. Why did he spend so much time talking about Hagoromo, and omit Kaguya altogether from the lore until the end? It makes no sense.

Now let's assume that instead, he thought her up late in the manga, like, around the start of the war. What's the point? What character purpose or story arc does she serve that weren't already served by either Madara or Hagoromo himself? I mean, you still have Madara combining the powers of senju and uchiha to awaken the rinnegan, and becoming the juubi's jinchuriki. And you can still have naruto acquire the six paths sage technique by allying himself with the 1 through 9 tails. And you can still have sasuke awaken the rinnegan by receiving senju chakra from hashriama (or even from Tobirama, whose treatment of the uchiha led to their eventual destruction and attempted coup).
So why not just have Madara be the big bad, or chakra ghost hagoromo lose faith in the world and fall from grace like Nagato/Obito? Why introduce Kaguya when you have no time to build her up? It makes no sense.

luckyguess

Neo Member

The battle with Kaguya has been a game of tag with superpowers. Zetsu as a sleeve was never cool to me.

"You'll never hurt my Mommy, she's too p-"

"Oh shit, you hit my Mommy!!! Run, Mommy!"

"Ok, Mommy. We'll get them in this dimension, they'll never be able to-"

"Oh shit, you hit my Mommy again!!! Run, Mommy!"

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't think the fight is over yet. Kaguya is probably going to possess one of the three, and I think it's either going to be Sasuke (Naruto's supposed best friend) or Sakura (the one he loves) which will make it impossible for him to kill her. If it's Sakura, then I can see Naruto fight Sasuke to keep him from attacking her. If it's Sasuke, I can see Naruto fighting him to incapacitate him.

Whatever is going to happen, the Hokage are going to be involved in some capacity, I think.

There's some cool edits going around like this one. I'll post a few more later.
tumblr_nalsk1PIek1ryce57o1_500.png
tumblr_nam2lln4Zk1rdv8fho1_500.png

I think Naruto and Sasuke will only fight once this is over. It's going to be a proper, massive, theme/philosophy driven fight, the scenarios you propose don't fit that, so I don't see it happening.

I like Kaguya's battle style and she had being pretty fun to watch the fight. It had being very dynamic. The only problem is that she haven't said her true purpose. When she talks, she often complains about chakra so we know that's a priority and nothing more.

Madara had too much time on the limelight I was tired of seen is face already. And as a Sage his powers where boring as shit. It wasn't until we knee what limbo was, that things got really interesting.

I'm so happy Kakashi is strong again.

Yado

I don't the fight is over yet. Kaguya is probably going to possess one of the three, and I think it's either going to be Sasuke (Naruto's supposed best friend) or Sakura (the one he loves) which will make it impossible for him to kill her. If it's Sakura, then I can see Naruto fight Sasuke to keep him from attacking her. If it's Sasuke, I can see Naruto fighting him to incapacitate him.

Whatever is going to happen, the Hokage are going to be involved in some capacity, I think.

Inner Sakura will save the day

Namikaze1

I really just don't like Kaguya. She's not a fighter and the past 30-40 chapters (exaggeration) shows it. All she's done is change the scenery and shoot some projectiles. Madara is a hell of a lot more versatile. He isn't afraid to get his hand dirty. Kaguya just isn't the fighting type. Kishi could've had a False Sage vs True Sage(s) battle going on with Madara, Naruto, and Sasuke. Yet we got this instead.

Anyway, anyone remembers what the heck did the prophecy regarding Naruto stated? I'm at work so can't google.

Anyway, anyone remembers what the heck did the prophecy regarding Naruto stated? I'm at work so can't google.

If you mean the Child of Prophecy thing, he would bring a revolution. In the end both Nagato and him were the ones.

If you mean the Sage thing, I think it was that he would reunite the Bijuus and lead them down the right path.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I think Naruto and Sasuke will only fight once this is over. It's going to be a proper, massive, theme/philosophy driven fight, the scenarios you propose don't fit that, so I don't see it happening.

Ugh, they still have to fight, i didn't even remember that.

It is strange how, well, lame Sasukes Rinnegan is, compared to the powers and such the others have shown. It's just a non handseals version of a jutsu that everyone seems to have anyways.

Heroman

Banned
I hope this is the end Kaguya. She has bee a terrible villain. I think she boring. She has done noting to make me like or fear her. Hell, she doesn't even feel that strong when compared to people like Madara or gai.

Frog-fu

Banned
OK, so does anyone else think that Kakashi called it their final mission because either he or Naruto is going to be Hokage after all is said and done?

Inner Sakura will save the day

I would not oppose this.

I hope this is the end Kaguya. She has bee a terrible villain. I think she boring. She has done noting to make me like or fear her. Hell, she doesn't even feel that strong when compared to people like Madara or gai.

If Kaguya goes, I think Madara will return.

Or Orochimaru takes over as final villain. I read a really compelling theory on symbolism and Naruto and how the origins of Orochimaru's character actually ties in to the manga. Will try to dig it up later.

Sasuke will be the final villain. Don't forget that bullshit he spouted about becoming Hokage to prevent the similar mistakes that brought upon this war to begin with. I'm sure it will lead to some kind of blowup.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Sasuke will be the final villain. Don't forget that bullshit he spouted about becoming Hokage to prevent the similar mistakes that brought upon this war to begin with. I'm sure it will lead to some kind of blowup.

Yes, Sasuke will find out that a douchebag who deems the weak as useless and expendable can't be Hokage. After that, he'll go all Madara. Naruto will have to destroy him to stop history from repeating.

Step

I love so much the idea behind perfect/near perfect Susanoo having their own weapon type fused with the best ability of the user, but I find the ultra giant mecha idea so boring and out of place, I would rater so much if the real perfect Susanoo was an armor around the user with the same design as the ones we have now and ofc their specialized weapon, kinda like Saint Seiya.

Pretty strange that the Sauce hasn't used Kirin since the Itachi.

Was a crazy powerful technique, seems like something he should be able to use regularly now that he's got EMS.

Has even he used his fully body Chidori since his encounter with Naruto at the very start of Shippuden? That's another technique that should now be just as powerful as the forcefield the Raikage has....

DedValve

Banned
Fuck Obito and Kaguya. Either give me Madara or Orochimaru. But Unfortunately Orochimaru is scrub right now in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke.

Someone said a few pages back he'll absorb Kaguya for the lols. I honestly fully expect this to happen.

And you know what, I'd be ok with that. This war has gone on for faaaaar too long but Kaguya by far is just the most bland and boring character ever which is sad because byakugan.

Namikaze1

Was a crazy powerful technique, seems like something he should be able to use regularly now that he's got EMS.

Has even he used his fully body Chidori since his encounter with Naruto at the very start of Shippuden? That's another technique that should now be just as powerful as the forcefield the Raikage has....
I asked this same question here before the week long Pairing War we had in this thread. Kirin shouldn't be a one-off. Hell, all his Chidori variations should make a return. Sasuke has relied far too much on his Sharingan for far too long.

Welfare

OK, so does anyone else think that Kakashi called it their final mission because either he or Naruto is going to be Hokage after all is said and done?

Hiruzen was Hokage when he was teaching the soon-to-be Sannin. Tobirama was also Hokage when he was teaching Hiruzen and Danzo.

I think Kakashi was saying more along the lines that after this mission, there will be no point in a "Team 7" anymore. The whole Ninja world is going to be united after this, so the purpose of the Team structure would no longer be needed.

Namikaze1

People have kept saying Oro is gonna come out of nowhere and absorb the villain ever since Itachi "killed" him, let it go guys
I don't want Oro as End Boss. He's had his time! It's time for the true villain to appear:
Tora_and_the_daimyo's_wife.jpg

He's had enough of his owner's shit and is ready to conquer the world!

I asked this same question here before the week long Pairing War we had in this thread. Kirin shouldn't be a one-off. Hell, all his Chidori variations should make a return. Sasuke has relied far too much on his Sharingan for far too long.
Kirin has its condition for the use, like forming clouds, heating the air. A luxury that i doubt Sasuke has in this kind of battle.

Namikaze1

Kirin has its condition for the use, like forming clouds, heating the air. A luxury that i doubt Sasuke has in this kind of battle.
I'm not specifically talking about using it in the current battle but more in general. There were several occasions where the conditions were already met (rain) where he could've used it but he chooses to fall back on his eyes.

Zeroth

I love so much the idea behind perfect/near perfect Susanoo having their own weapon type fused with the best ability of the user, but I find the ultra giant mecha idea so boring and out of place, I would rater so much if the real perfect Susanoo was an armor around the user with the same design as the ones we have now and ofc their specialized weapon, kinda like Saint Seiya.

I pictured Susanoo's endgame would eventually be its complete form but in a much smaller size, working as a full armor. Who knows, maybe that will show up some day.

Kirin requires too much preparation to be used in a battle efficiently. Remember Sasuke didn't summon it with chakra, he redirected real lightning into Itachi. Besides, stuff like Amaterasu is much faster (to use) and practical.

Maddocks

Kirin can really only be used in a thunder storm, last time he used it he created one. But this time he can't because the person they are going up against reflexes are just to good, they wouldn't run away from an attack, they would just tank it.

luckyguess

Neo Member
The whole Ninja world is going to be united after this, so the purpose of the Team structure would no longer be needed.

I keep seeing people say this and I really don't understand where they're getting this notion from. Maybe there's some detail I'm failing to remember. Who said the ninja world would be united after the war? Secondly, why would it be? Is everyone suddenly going to be playing patty cake with each other? I don't see why there would be no need for teams.

There are villages without ninja who often hired ninja for various purposes. That would still occur, I'd imagine.

I don't understand Kishimoto's thinking behind making Kaguya.

Let's assume he thought her up really early on, like around the time he came up with the idea of the tailed beasts. Why did he spend so much time talking about Hagoromo, and omit Kaguya altogether from the lore until the end? It makes no sense.

Now let's assume that instead, he thought her up late in the manga, like, around the start of the war. What's the point? What character purpose or story arc does she serve that weren't already served by either Madara or Hagoromo himself? I mean, you still have Madara combining the powers of senju and uchiha to awaken the rinnegan, and becoming the juubi's jinchuriki. And you can still have naruto acquire the six paths sage technique by allying himself with the 1 through 9 tails. And you can still have sasuke awaken the rinnegan by receiving senju chakra from hashriama (or even from Tobirama, whose treatment of the uchiha led to their eventual destruction and attempted coup).
So why not just have Madara be the big bad, or chakra ghost hagoromo lose faith in the world and fall from grace like Nagato/Obito? Why introduce Kaguya when you have no time to build her up? It makes no sense.

I think he had to show why infinite Tsukuyomi was a bad thing, but since this is a battle manga, he had to do it in a way that gave them an end boss to fight.

I mean the way Madara was written, it doesn't even make sense that he's want to turn everyone into Zetsu's or that he would lie about it.

I'm excited to see Sasuke's attitude once this war is over. It doesn't seem like he gives a shit what anyone thinks and said he WILL be Hokage. Sounds dictator style. could also be the catalyst for the big fight with Naruto. Who's philosophy will the future come from.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think he had to show why infinite Tsukuyomi was a bad thing, but since this is a battle manga, he had to do it in a way that gave them an end boss to fight.

I mean the way Madara was written, it doesn't even make sense that he's want to turn everyone into Zetsu's or that he would lie about it.
So then forget the whole Zetsu thing. We still have no idea what it is about (aliens lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom