• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

jorgejjvr

Yep, after looking at a few videos it is apparent that the one who can conserve their subs and/or force the opponent in using their own will get the upper hand. You've got to make very quick judgments and keep up with what is going on.
Definitely looking forward to learning the game more

If anyone wants to play tonight

Psn: jorgejjvr

Kamina777

Banned
Story mode is pretty well done.. even the still images are drawn well enough to get into the story..and once they ditch the still images thing and go full throttle with the in game animation, its blissful.

Obito and kakashi's tale is one of the best coming of age stories..loved the boss fight there..
Being able to switch between your other sib characters is a game changer, makes everything single player related that much more fun.

IzzyF3

Story mode is pretty well done.. even the still images are drawn well enough to get into the story..and once they ditch the still images thing and go full throttle with the in game animation, its blissful.

Obito and kakashi's tale is one of the best coming of age stories..loved the boss fight there..
Being able to switch between your other sib characters is a game changer, makes everything single player related that much more fun.

Wow. The story mode is so divisive. Some say it's so disappointing, while other enjoy it a lot. Have to wait until Thursday for my copy to come. The anticipation is killing me!

Anybody else preorder the deluxe digital version from Gamestop and not get a code for Boruto and Sarada?

I don't see them on the roster in the game. Though the product page didn't mention the bonus, I figured that the "deluxe" version would come with them...

Revven

Anybody else preorder the deluxe digital version from Gamestop and not get a code for Boruto and Sarada?

I don't see them on the roster in the game. Though the product page didn't mention the bonus, I figured that the "deluxe" version would come with them...

Wait for it to finish installing then exit and reload the game. That's what I've read whenever someone brings up this issue.

Though if you didn't get a code I would probably take it up with GS.

Wait for it to finish installing then exit and reload the game. That's what I've read whenever someone brings up this issue.

No cigar unfortunately. They're still not there. They don't need to be unlocked do they?

Ultimately what I figured I'd have to do.

Enilced2

Not sure if anyone saw this but on the Canadian store at least the deluxe edition of the game is the same price as the base edition. So season pass at no extra cost

Seik

Banned
Just got my copy, will plunge ALL my free time into it tonight, as it should.

Can't wait to see these boss battles! Hopefully it delivers more than Storm 3.

I've never read up on people's opinions on Naruto UNS1-3, so it's surprising to see that people liked the cutscene-heavy treatment in 2 and 3. I couldn't skip the cutscenes fast enough.

Not that I dislike the story. I've read the manga. I tried the first game because I'm a fan, and I kept playing because it's a breeze to play, looks gorgeous, and the setpiece fights are overall amazing.

I just don't want to see the same story regurgitated at me slower and in a more awkward fashion.

So I don't think I'll care about the story treatment in 4, because I'll likely just skip it again.

If the huge setpiece fights are still in, and it's just more UNS but sharper and smoother, then I'm sold.

Cilla

What was that ending?

Kakashi had his awesome win taken away from him. Instead he did something that I am positive he wouldn't have the chakra to sustain for that length of time. I loved how he defeated her in canon.

I did like the extended Kakashi and Obito goodbye as well as the Naruto and Sasuke fight. I enjoyed the cute moment between Sakura and Sasuke at the end. As well as Borutos moment.

It was good that the end chapters were fully animated but I know that was only because they didn't have any anime stills to take advantage of.

Kamina777

Banned
Wow. The story mode is so divisive. Some say it's so disappointing, while other enjoy it a lot. Have to wait until Thursday for my copy to come. The anticipation is killing me!

Those who actually hate the story mode probably don't care much for the source material anyhow sure it uses a glut of slghtly animated still images to tell the story, but it didn't stop me from feeling my rippled cheeks stream with man tears during certain parts. at least for those who feel like its a crime against all things decent to not be fully animated, the stills are pretty much bon existent in the last half.

Edit: I didn't consider those who are just tired of the story, I gave up on the anime long ago so the black and white
Manga images are how I saw the tale told, also the fact you can skip the story scenes and go straight to action is always nice!

It was good that the end chapters were fully animated but I know that was only because they didn't have any anime stills to take advantage of.
The one saving grace of the anime's current filler fixation.

I feel like I need to go back and check the manga to remind myself how it actually went down towards the end.

Pretty much what you're getting. Far more setpiece QTE story sections than Storm 3, but less than Storm 2 and without the in-between traversal and other fluff of those games.
Oh man, yeah, all the running around and rpg elements were a drag, especially in 3.

Good to know that's gone too.

What was that ending?

Kakashi had his awesome win taken away from him. Instead he did something that I am positive he wouldn't have the chakra to sustain for that length of time. I loved how he defeated her in canon.

I did like the extended Kakashi and Obito goodbye as well as the Naruto and Sasuke fight. I enjoyed the cute moment between Sakura and Sasuke at the end. As well as Borutos moment.

Sasuke's ending dialogue was downgraded :/ and they took his apology scene with Sakura out. I reckon my favourite bits would be Guy vs Madara, Team 7 beating Kaguya and the sequencing of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight

jorgejjvr

I'll play with you Jorge.

PSN: Cyberman65
Thank you

I should be home in about an hour or so, just leaving work now

Granted, my first storm game BTW xD

One question, I have not touched the game besides the three ranked games I did last night.

I should not have done that lol. If I delete the save file for the game, will I start fresh and not have losses? Just because I literally just started the game, have not touched it since last night, and that was not smart. I should go there when I better know how to handle the game

ShinZed

Enjoying the game a lot so far, seems to have fewer online issues than Rev.

Only minor niggle is not being able to turn off the mic on PC. Anyone know if they're going to patch to fix this? I don't want to listen to my opponents heavy breathing etc. Sorry if it's already been asked / answered.

Thank you

I should be home in about an hour or so, just leaving work now

Granted, my first storm game BTW xD

One question, I have not touched the game besides the three ranked games I did last night.

I should not have done that lol. If I delete the save file for the game, will I start fresh and not have losses? Just because I literally just started the game, have not touched it since last night, and that was not smart. I should go there when I better know how to handle the game
I'm believe your online data is separate. So unless you start a new PSN, your stats will still be there.

I've been playing since Storm 2, so the fundamentals basically carry on from each Storm game.

Cilla

Sasuke's ending dialogue was downgraded :/ and they took his apology scene with Sakura out. I reckon my favourite bits would be Guy vs Madara, Team 7 beating Kaguya and the sequencing of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight

Yes. It was the sequencing that I enjoyed the most in the Sasuke and Naruto fight.

Overall I am disappointed. I started the Adventure mode last night.

jorgejjvr

I'm believe your online data is separate. So unless you start a new PSN, your stats will still be there.

I've been playing since Storm 2, so the fundamentals basically carry on from each Storm game.
Cool, no biggie then

I'll go back to ranked after I feel I'm ready then

And make up for those mistakes xD

This is my first storm

Should be on in 10-15 mins

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I should get this tomorrow. HYPE

caleb1915

Man I do not like their method of using still anime scenes of characters and switching in between to fully rendered 3d character models. The 3d cutscenes look so goddamn good!!!!

At least make the anime cutscenes actually animated like in Revolution, that would be waaay more preferable.

People just cant seem to block online , its ridiculous how many UJ i can land in a match. Though i guess the game is still fairly new but still ,who jumps into ranked immediately?

So how long would it take someone to play through this as a newcomer, on average? I'm contemplating borrowing it from the library someday, but I've never played a Naruto game and know nothing about it.

Not sure how I'm getting hit at times

XD

Walking backs makes me lose guard?
Yeah, they changed it in this game that you can only jump while guarding. In previous ones, you could guard while moving left/right, which made the game unbalanced.

Also, GGs. :p You aren't bad for this being your first Storm game. I would just recommend to use your subs a bit more carefully.

jorgejjvr

Yeah, they changed it in this game that you can only jump while guarding. In previous ones, you could guard while moving left/right, which made the game unbalanced.

Also, GGs. :p You aren't bad for this being your first Storm game. I would just recommend to use your subs a bit more carefully.
Yeah....

It's kinda hard to decide when, you're great

How do you invite people to join?

I'm available if anyone else is for more games

Top Bottom