• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Revven

I feel like they were working on in-engine cutscenes and then just cut them due to time constraints, the first things we saw were all from the second half of the game. It's probably hard to craft a campaign out of relatively little story to work with in comparison to the past. I suspect the season pass is mostly stuff they couldn't get finished on time. Any chance of a fullburst one on this? Might wait til then.

The story content in pack 1 and 2 are side stories on Shikamaru and Gaara. They're not anything that's from the war or the Madara fights. So far all we know on the Shikamaru stuff is that it takes place two years after the war and around when The Last happens. No info on the Gaara side story yet.

As far as a "Full Burst" goes, it's very unlikely because the only reason they did a Full Burst for Storm 3 was because they were porting Storm 3 to the PC so they figured they might as well do some new content for it and release it as an 'expansion' or new title for PC.

With three DLC packs and all the information on what they contain laid out it's pretty clear that's all we're getting.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The story content in pack 1 and 2 are side stories on Shikamaru and Gaara. They're not anything that's from the war or the Madara fights. So far all we know on the Shikamaru stuff is that it takes place two years after the war and around when The Last happens. No info on the Gaara side story yet.

As far as a "Full Burst" goes, it's very unlikely because the only reason they did a Full Burst for Storm 3 was because they were porting Storm 3 to the PC so they figured they might as well do some new content for it and release it as an 'expansion' or new title for PC.

With three DLC packs and all the information on what they contain laid out it's pretty clear that's all we're getting.
Ohhhhhh ok. Where can I find that info?

SoulUnison

Banned

Do we even know if the DLC campaigns are going to have any "cool" boss battles to them or are they just going to be a series of loosely connected Free Battles?

Meffer

Tell me about it.

Sasuke holding his own with one arm and swordplay was impressive. The general combat is so good too. Sasuke's last move was legit as well. Combat can be just as enjoyable with the simple stuff like this instead of all the dragon beams and huge explosions. Not saying that the latter isn't awesome but still.

I think the overall power levels in the manga/anime just went too high. I enjoyed the tactical and low key parts in part 1 more.

I remember when the creator talked about when he was pitching Naruto for the first time and it wasn't about ninjas, but about magic (wizards and witches). It was turned down so he made some changes, like turning it to be ninjas instead. So it would explain why the jutsu got crazy over time because it was just originally magic and spells.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I remember when the creator talked about when he was pitching Naruto for the first time and it wasn't about ninjas, but about magic (wizards and witches). It was turned down so he made some changes, like turning it to be ninjas instead. So it would explain why the jutsu got crazy over time because it was just originally magic and spells.
Wasn't it also set in the modern day?

Revven

Ohhhhhh ok. Where can I find that info?

I found it on animenewsnetwork

The "in-game" items are Ninja Info Cards and Treasure Sets btw.

Do we even know if the DLC campaigns are going to have any "cool" boss battles to them or are they just going to be a series of loosely connected Free Battles?

We have no idea but there is a scan floating around that somewhat talks about Shikamaru's DLC story -- I would link it but obviously scans aren't allowed so... you'll have to find it on your own. But I don't think it fully details the scenario.

IzzyF3

So is the only reason people say this is the final Storm game because this completes the story? I don't see any interviews or marketing material that says this is the final Storm game.

And is the story really that bad? If you know the story's and just wanted to experience the grand battles, it's fine right?

So is the only reason people say this is the final Storm game because this completes the story? I don't see any interviews or marketing material that says this is the final Storm game.
I think it was the first ever scan released that was translated and said that Storm 4 is the final game in the series.
I don't remember anyone actually talking about it being the final game since then though.

And is the story really that bad? If you know the story's and just wanted to experience the grand battles, it's fine right?

The actions sequences are fantastic and the story is not bad at all, just not close enough to the manga. Still a great experience.

Adventure mode stuff :/

Spurs

Neo Member
Very disappointed with this game to be honest, it's my first Ninja Storm title but it's just so shallow and the "boss fights" are terrible and feel tacked on.

Even the combat in Naruto Rise of the Ninja from way back was far superior

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My God Story Mode is boring af.

So much talking, and they still don't manage to give enough context to Kishimoto's random bullshit.

Mendrox

Ninja Storm 2 is still the king in regards to the story mode. CC2 fucked this one up except for the new fights imo. So much potential, but I love the new team ultimate jutsus, but the game is not worth the 60 Euros sadly. Also I am still mad about Boruto and Sarada not being buyable DLC.

Dereck

One more day...
Mmm Hmm

PvWeLWw.png

Gonna be here soon, come fuck wit me Narudogs

Mediking

Amazon isn't giving me the game until the same exact day my order for Street Fighter V: Collector's Edition also comes to my house... That's also the same exact day Gravity Rush: Remastered comes to my house... THE WAIT IS TOO REAL.

I was going to pull the trigger but I think I'm going to wait for this game. It is pure fan service but not built to be a competitive or fair fighter from what I heard. I read the manga and would love to see the fights happen animated but I don't want to drop 60 bones for this. . I was so sure last year that I was going to pick this up.

mcz117chief

I was going to pull the trigger but I think I'm going to wait for this game. It is pure fan service but not built to be a competitive or fair fighter from what I heard. I read the manga and would love to see the fights happen animated but I don't want to drop 60 bones for this. . I was so sure last year that I was going to pick this up.

You should get it, honestly I am the tinniest fan of Naruto (never watched anime or anything, I only played the 3rd Ultimate Ninja) and I am super anxious to get it once I save up the cash. Even though the game might not be balanced or competitive it is primarily an extremely enjoyable experience with great music, controls and graphics. Honestly I can't fathom how any fan of Naruto of any calibre can pass up this game. Having fun should be the primary reason to get a video game and this game absolutely is pure undiluted fun.

Had minimal hype when they announced the game, then they showed Madara fighting Hashirama and it looked amazing. I've never played a Naruto game before but on graphics and effects alone I was smitten. I saw the vid with Kushina in it a page back and the hype has amplified. Tomorrow can't get here sooner.

SilentRob

I just played through the first chapter (i guess there are 3 overall?) and I'm really disappointed. SO little in-game stuff, so, so many anime stills. It's an incredibly awkward way of telling the story and already made much of the impact of an incredibly emotional scene (
Kakashi realising who Tobi is
disappear.

I just played through the first chapter (i guess there are 3 overall?) and I'm really disappointed. SO little in-game stuff, so, so many anime stills. It's an incredibly awkward way of telling the story and already made much of the impact of an incredibly emotional scene (
disappear.

How much did you enjoy playing through it tho?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but aside from story and normal versus modes, are there any other modes? Like an endurance or challenge mode?

Chille

Sorry if this has been answered already, but aside from story and normal versus modes, are there any other modes? Like an endurance or challenge mode?

Once you beat Adventure mode you unlock Ninja Tournament mode, also in free battle there is different Survival modes and other standard fighting modes

Altairre

disappear.

Yeah that's pretty much always been the case. I play those games for the bossfights, the amount of characters and the fun if shallow combat. I'm really enjoying the tag system though, it makes for some neat moments.

jorgejjvr

Sometimes I see a character that does a move like a dash, that makes the other guy see 'stars', yet I don't think it's when guard is broken

What is this?

I seem to be missing Shisui unless im confused

Shisui should be unlocked immediately, so yeah.

Only characters you unlock through story mode are:
Rin
Hanabi
Zetsubito
Rikudou Naruto and Rinnegan Sasuke
Juubito
Juubidara
Kaguya
The Last Naruto and Sasuke

Boruto and Sarada are pre-order only and rest are unlocked right away.

SilentRob

Yeah that's pretty much always been the case. I play those games for the bossfights, the amount of characters and the fun if shallow combat. I'm really enjoying the tag system though, it makes for some neat moments.

Not at all, CC2 went through great lengths to tell the story of the Anime/Manga in a condensed form completely in their own engine with UNS2, but especially with UNS3. There were moments were they used stills from the anime, but those where only there a few seconds at a time - conversations were presented in-engine in form of a cutscene. It was so, so much better than this half motion comic half anime nonsense. It just looks cheap with the characters not moving their mouths and effects on top of the anime stills that look like straight out of some iOS app.

I do enjoy the new features of the battle system though, being able to switch the leader is great. I just spent way, way too much time looking at badly-presented Anime screens and then playing regular 1v1 matches in between. However, I'm confident this is going to change the further I get into the story, if only because the game will eventually overtake the Anime.

Where do you use the in game currency to unlock stuff?

In adventure mode the bandai store in konoha

You can also access the story in the main menu under "Collection" without actually entering Adventure mode.

Altairre

Not at all, CC2 went through great lengths to tell the story of the Anime/Manga in a condensed form completely in their own engine with UNS2, but especially with UNS3. There were moments were they used stills from the anime, but those where only there a few seconds at a time - conversations were presented in-engine in form of a cutscene. It was so, so much better than this half motion comic half anime nonsense. It just looks cheap with the characters not moving their mouths and effects on top of the anime stills that look like straight out of some iOS app.

I do enjoy the new features of the battle system though, being able to switch the leader is great. I just spent way, way too much time looking at badly-presented Anime screens and then playing regular 1v1 matches in between. However, I'm confident this is going to change the further I get into the story, if only because the game will eventually overtake the Anime.

I played those games and while the conversations were in engine they were just as redundant and unexciting as the stills especially if you've seen the anime. Just people standing or sitting around, delivering information and exposition in the most condensed form possible. Then there were a few corridors to run down which was another tedious way to stretch out the gameplay time. The only things that stand out are the bossfights and imo that's always been the case (I haven't played Storm 1 so I can't speak to that one). The stills are the cheapest version of their story telling I'll give you that but it honestly doesn't make a huge difference to me.

Top Bottom