• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

TriAceJP

Bare bones but fine. Alot of complaints for this one but I personally haven't had any issues so far. Just annoying vsymc has to be enabled in the ini.

Spec are i7 3.6ghz 2600k, 16gb of ram and a gtx 960.

How's the fan support on these? Would a fan patch/utility be unheard of?

kiryogi

Banned
How's the fan support on these? Would a fan patch/utility be unheard of?

Like said earlier, Ninja Storm 3 on PC hasn't been patched for 60 yet, and it could be a bunch of different factors from interest, to being a whole different beast to fix.

Ending spoilers
tumblr_o21ghv8NNZ1shlaabo1_r1_1280.png

I was upset that I missed out on the pre-order as I really wanted Boruto and Sarada but after reading about the technical issues maybe I dodged a bullet. Also, is it true that they use slideshows from the hideous anime instead of cutscenes?! That'd be a dealbreaker for me. I really enjoyed the in-engine cutscenes of 2 and 3...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So as someone who knows absolutely nothing about Naruto, but likes a good fighting game, is this something I should be paying attention to?

Nope. Not a good fighting game. But if your interested in spectacles like Asuras wrath, i'd recommend it, even if you dont know what's going on

For those that preordered from Amazon, are the codes (boruto,Sarada) in the game case or do Amazon send them in an email?

Edit: Nvm, got it in an email.

I was upset that I missed out on the pre-order as I really wanted Boruto and Sarada but after reading about the technical issues maybe I dodged a bullet. Also, is it true that they use slideshows from the hideous anime instead of cutscenes?! That'd be a dealbreaker for me. I really enjoyed the in-engine cutscenes of 2 and 3...

Just the beginning has more stills that previous games. The latter half is all 3D.

Just the beginning has more stills that previous games. The latter half is all 3D.

Ok cool, thanks.

So just to be clear, there's no way I can get the pre-order bonuses for the Steam version right? If that's true I really hope they make Sarada and Boruto playable later via DLC or something. It's so shitty they lock important content off like that...

moerser

sorry if this has already been answered and that i have to repeat myself, but do we know when the season pass will be available?

Ok cool, thanks.

So just to be clear, there's no way I can get the pre-order bonuses for the Steam version right? If that's true I really hope they make Sarada and Boruto playable later via DLC or something. It's so shitty they lock important content off like that...

I hope they do. Sarada and Boruto are great characters.

Murman

Anyone have the issues with the voices only playing in one ear of your headsets?

Been trying to search for any potential fixes but I can't seem to find anything...maybe we just have to wait for a patch.

Momentary

Banned
SSAA doesn't even work. I force it through NV Control Panel and it still doesn't work. The game looks so jaggy. I don't think this is a DX9 game so GeDoSaTo probably won't work. At least VSync seems to work. The game has a 44% approval rating so far on STEAM. I'll give it a few days before thinking of refunding this. Maybe they'll fix the issues

Also if you're running Windows 10 and you're experiencing crashes every 15 minutes go to services.msc and turn off the Touch Keyboard service.

I'm reading through comments and it seems a lot of the issues are stemming for people who think a lapto GT540 GPU is capable of running this game. Needless to say they don't specify a GPU on the product page. All they ask for is 2GB of VRAM.

Impulsor

sorry if this has already been answered and that i have to repeat myself, but do we know when the season pass will be available?

I just found it on the spanish psn. You have to go to the game and go down to related content.

If you look for it directly, it won't appear.

ramyeon

This is my first of these games, going through the tutorial now. What on earth does Tilting left stick plus O mean? Can't work it out and feel like I've tried everything.

Impulsor

Oh okay got it, yeah the instruction was kind of vague.

Also can I not use the DLC characters right off the bat? Couldn't find Boruto or Sarada in the character select for free battle.

Last page.

Along with Nruto and sasuke the last.

jorgejjvr

Oh okay got it, yeah the instruction was kind of vague.

Also can I not use the DLC characters right off the bat? Couldn't find Boruto or Sarada in the character select for free battle.
I wonder the same

I pre order the game, comes out Tuesday for me

Is there a code in the box with the characters?

I also pre order the season pass online on gamestop online (only place I found it). Would that be a code as well?

Impulsor

Weird, I can see Naruto and Sasuke The Last but not Boruto or Sarada on that page.
That's weird...

Really weird.

Don't know what to say. I see them right under Naruto and sasuke the last.

About codes, I got my preorder code printed on a separate receipt. Nothing in the box.

ramyeon

Had to reload the game to get them to appear, they were installed beforehand but I think it had something to do with the game itself not being fully installed from the disc yet - only had one stage to select from and now they're all available.

Edit: Boruto is heaps of fun to play as!

This game is the first one I am actually getting in any kind of in-depth online and man, it's like I am playing a different game. Suddenly, chakra dashing right when opponent subs doesn't work for me, but works for opponent, holding block does not always mean I block (I am aware of the ninja moves when you tilt it, I am idlying)... Like even good matches with overall good connection feel sluggish and kinda less responsive.

just finished the main story, beside the over use of anime sides it was good. i couldn't have ask for a better final fight, there is no way the anime is gonna beat it

Impulsor

This game is the first one I am actually getting in any kind of in-depth online and man, it's like I am playing a different game. Suddenly, chakra dashing right when opponent subs doesn't work for me, but works for opponent, holding block does not always mean I block (I am aware of the ninja moves when you tilt it, I am idlying)... Like even good matches with overall good connection feel sluggish and kinda less responsive.

Might be latency problems.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It sounds pretty terrible for PC, Namco shouldn't be getting a free pass when they still can't find the right people to handle these ports. Their PC support has been rather hit or miss.

Also, I thought CC2 said this was going to be 60fps for PS4? Didn't they release 60fps footage? Though honestly, whether or not they did this is a fast pace action game and should be 60fps by this gen.

kaioshade

Picked up the Xbox One version from amazon.

Quick question for anyone that knows, Prime gets the 20% off, but when i checked out it was showing full price, does it get applied when the game actually ships and they charge your card?

sanhora

Does the console version have the same issue with cutscene narration being only in left channel or is it just PC? Really hoping they patch it soon in any case.

Impulsor

Does the console version have the same issue with cutscene narration being only in left channel or is it just PC? Really hoping they patch it soon in any case.

Not that I noticed. I play with a Home Cinema 5.1 set up, I'll pay attention next time.

Raxious

Anyone got tips on how to S rank that first mission? I can only get A rank during the Kyuubi vs Hashirama wood thingy fight :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Also, I thought CC2 said this was going to be 60fps for PS4? Didn't they release 60fps footage? Though honestly, whether or not they did this is a fast pace action game and should be 60fps by this gen.

No they didn't say that, and no they didn't release any 60fps footage. There's already too many folks confused about 1080p and 60fps just because people encode to 1080p60fps and name their videos that on youtube, its gotten so crazy with the rumors and false info

kewlmyc

just finished the main story, beside the over use of anime sides it was good. i couldn't have ask for a better final fight, there is no way the anime is gonna beat it

Do they both lose their arms like in the manga, or is that edited since dismemberment would jack up the CERO for this game?

No they didn't say that, and no they didn't release any 60fps footage. There's already too many folks confused about 1080p and 60fps just because people encode to 1080p60fps and name their videos that on youtube, its gotten so crazy with the rumors and false info

The first trailer they released was 60fps, which is why some people are confused.

The first trailer they released was 60fps, which is why some people are confused.
Was it? I was under the impression that it was more of Narutuber's shenanigans. It took Shikasclouds like a year or so, to finally put disclaimer in the description, that 60 fps in his videos is just the video. original game is running in 30...

Miggy

I saw one of your videos. You kinda clutched that one at the end when you awakened with Kakashi haha

Skilletor

Kakashi vs Obito
was amazing and the Boruto movie has great fights as well.

That fight WAS amazing. Short, but one of my favorite fights in the series.

Boruto has great fights as well, I agree, but I still think this series tops or is at least as good as anything in the anime.

S-Ranks are pretty simple to obtain. Just finish the fight with over 90% health and get all the secret factors/QTE's and its yours.

I saw one of your videos. You kinda clutched that one at the end when you awakened with Kakashi haha

That one, don't remind me. That match's connection was abysmal. It was full 2.5 to 3 seconds delay for every button press. I felt like I was playing by sending my inputs via pigeon mail...

Top Bottom