• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Miggy

That one, don't remind me. That match's connection was abysmal. It was full 2.5 to 3 seconds delay for every button press. I felt like I was playing by sending my inputs via pigeon mail...

You were fighting an opponent with a one bar red connection, what else did you expect lol.
Good stuff tho!

Slayven

SO i was looking at videos and Boruto has a
Gentle fist version of the Uzumaki Barrage
, how is that not OP?

"Can you run it" says I can at the minimum.

Menues and its sluggishness says otherwise. It's unbearable, I've even tried mayking it 720p instead and in windows mode and restarting my cpu but it's still under 10 fps. WTF

edit: Fixed. You need to go to your nvidia control panel and save with high performence instead.

Lagamorph

Fuck it, went with a "Hopefully the bugs will be fixed" approach and just bought this on PC from Gamesplanet. Got the pre-order DLC as well so bonus.

Can somebody tel me how to use one of the partners ninjutsu's , It's the first requirement for the taka flies match - also , do you need to do all of them to unlock anything or is getting an s rank enough?

NateDrake

When your character starts to glow and the top stuff is green or blue, is that a special attack? It happened on the Kakashi chapter for me, but I didn't know what it meant or how to use it.

Can somebody tel me how to use one of the partners ninjutsu's , It's the first requirement for the taka flies match - also , do you need to do all of them to unlock anything or is getting an s rank enough?

To use partner's ninjutsu, you just press r1\l1. BUUUUT. That's not what that requirement means. That one means leader change into that character and use their jutsu.

To use partner's ninjutsu, you just press r1\l1. BUUUUT. That's not what that requirement means. That one means leader change into that character and use their jutsu.

yeah, I landed those, I even went the extra mile and made sure i wasn't touching ori when I hit him with the jutsu's ~_~ .... How do i change leaders, I only played revolution on PS3, before then my last game was a PS2 ninja (storm?) game.

EDIT- found the manual online, I have a digital copy ~_~ . You use the right stick.

I just can't catch a damn break. Now my PS4 controller, even with ScpServer to make it seem like a xbox 360 controller, doesn't work properly, the triggers don't register and so I can't block in-game. I've played the last naruto before that with my ps4 controller so I know it should work, what's the problem?! My triggers are bound to the rotating axes for whatever reason and registers as buttons. It's all fucked up.

That's why I usually play on freaking consoles, never had such problems and headaches playing on them.

Honestly shocked at seeing all these people not only on Gaf but all over the net claiming that this port is poor. I haven't had any technical issues with it at all. I do wish there was a Borderless Windowed option though.

saktrop

Neo Member
How are the keyboard and mouse controls atm?
I will be using mostly controller but i do not have one right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hx2txmj94A

Look at your amazing wall battles.

Honestly Story mode did nothing to convince me on wall fighting in free battle. They removed transition, but fixed none of other issues. Physics still bonkers, it's still awkward and they added a NEW PROBLEM. They zoom out so far, it's impossible to judge positioning or distance when doing anything that isn't just really up close fighting. It was a mess in Storm 1, it's still a mess in Storm 4...
And of course all the invisible walls... ON WALLS!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I really enjoyed the manga... until Pain stepped in. Then it started to get unbearable.

I was able to atleast tolerate the manga until the end of the Pain arc, when Nagato became the dragonballs and brought everyone back to life because of a speech and a stern talking to from teh chooosen wun.

Gag. And it all went downhill after that

Mediking

That was my jumping off point also.

I was really digging it until then.

The entire Akatsuki thing was bizarre and could've been handled so much better. Kishimoto was losing his mind. I'm not trashing the series because its freaking amazing in the beginning. Best arc = Chunin Exams in the manga.

Mediking

I was able to atleast tolerate the manga until the end of the Pain arc, when Nagato became the dragonballs and brought everyone back to life because of a speech and a stern talking to from teh chooosen wun.

Gag. And it all went downhill after that

Same thing happened to One Piece manga, in my opinion. There was a crucial point where everything plummeted to the ground. I REALLY liked One Piece too. I loved reading it but I couldn't deal with how sloppy things got.

SilentRob

Shame that that fight aired over a decade ago.

Show has had its moments, but most of them are long past.

Oh, it had it's moments, even not so long ago :p (Spoilered the first gif fromt he same fight, just in case)

tumblr_nbeqq9CPnh1rliqo4o7_400.gif
giphy.gif

sgs2008

SSAA doesn't even work. I force it through NV Control Panel and it still doesn't work. The game looks so jaggy. I don't think this is a DX9 game so GeDoSaTo probably won't work. At least VSync seems to work. The game has a 44% approval rating so far on STEAM. I'll give it a few days before thinking of refunding this. Maybe they'll fix the issues

Also if you're running Windows 10 and you're experiencing crashes every 15 minutes go to services.msc and turn off the Touch Keyboard service.

I'm reading through comments and it seems a lot of the issues are stemming for people who think a lapto GT540 GPU is capable of running this game. Needless to say they don't specify a GPU on the product page. All they ask for is 2GB of VRAM.

you can go in the ini and set the resolution to 4k to downsample

tribal24

Banned
Thinking about getting this game on PS4. How is it so far?

Got my review copy a few hours ago. Its actually pretty content heavy in terms of characters and features. I like how they included the pre-time skip voice acting aswell you would think they would gimp out on this. I haven't played a Ninja Storm since part 3. This game art style looks even better PS4 version definitely still has jaggies but not as noticeable as the PS3 versions of Ninja storm.

Worth it. That Naruto and Sasuke team up was amazing to watch. My theatre was going absolutely nuts during it.

Edit: Holy shit, the game final battle is glorious. Legit teary eyed here.

Definitely worth it. My theatre was kind of the opposite: speechless xD

『Inaba Resident』;194382452 said:
A really good match. Get to see a really good look at leader change being used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBWA036TzLs&feature=youtu.be

Leader change has to be the best addition imo. So many different combos now and you can be tactical about it.

so i'm doing adventure mode, first it's much better mainly how they have taken out having walk to each place in favor of map where you select where you wanna go

second
where do i find Hanabi, after taking to Hinata i found here hiding behind a pole now i can't find her any where?

jorgejjvr

The wait for Tuesday is killing me!

Edit: so you change leaders with right stick, and you break guard (or something like that) with d pad?

Also, what do all the items on the dpad do? It's there somewhere to see all of their different effects?

I have yet to find a video online of advanced tactics of sorts to teach it. Do you know of one?

Does the game do a good job of explaining all of the mechanics?

Slayven

so i'm doing adventure mode, first it's much better mainly how they have taken out having walk to each place in favor of map where you select where you wanna go

second
where do i find Hanabi, after taking to Hinata i found here hiding behind a pole now i can't find her any where?

thank god, that was easily the most annoying thing in the games

The wait for Tuesday is killing me!

Edit: so you change leaders with right stick, and you break guard (or something like that) with d pad?

Also, what do all the items on the dpad do? It's there somewhere to see all of their different effects?

I have yet to find a video online of advanced tactics of sorts to teach it. Do you know of one?

Does the game do a good job of explaining all of the mechanics?

Game itself does a piss poor job of explaining mechanics, and most tech videos for storm 4 will be focusing on new stuff. You will need to scour the internet for old stuff from old videos. And I don't think there exists a single video explaining all the items... Everybody figured them out from using by know and community just doesn't feel the need to go in depth about them. best place for techs is quite frankly ranked matches people play. Everybody probably has their own go-to narutuber. I personally prefer watching Ranked by Youtube Tr0ll aka Papa Berto.

thank god, that was easily the most annoying thing in the games

Trust me, I've seen the adventure mode... They make up for that tedium in spades with other tedium. I am not even touching that mode... I have no reason to, at least till DLC quests for it come out

It's more like Storm 3 except cutting a lot of the fat. It has actual in-game cutscenes and so on. Not sure if it'll have the linear "free roam" sections Storm 3 had as it sounds like that's been relegated to a new mode called Adventure Mode.

would anyone know which anime game has a deep and fun adventure mode

jorgejjvr

Game itself does a piss poor job of explaining mechanics, and most tech videos for storm 4 will be focusing on new stuff. You will need to scour the internet for old stuff from old videos. And I don't think there exists a single video explaining all the items... Everybody figured them out from using by know and community just doesn't feel the need to go in depth about them. best place for techs is quite frankly ranked matches people play. Everybody probably has their own go-to narutuber. I personally prefer watching Ranked by Youtube Tr0ll aka Papa Berto.

Trust me, I've seen the adventure mode... They make up for that tedium in spades with other tedium. I am not even touching that mode... I have no reason to, at least till DLC quests for it come out
Gotcha

I tend to be very competitive at fighters, so since I have to wait until Tuesday I wanted to know about advanced mechanics

I have played previous games, by going to buddies house and do a game or two. But this is the first storm game I will actually own, and definitely interested to put in the time to get good. There's nothing like two players going all out and having an intense match

Anyways, I'll see what I can do, it's not easy to find such videos, so I was hoping someone knew of one

Top Bottom