• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

jorgejjvr

That's the best arc in the entire series
I loved the Manga all the way till the end

Itachi vs Sasuke

Itachi revived

Tobi's reveal

Madara fights in general (guy)

The final battle and so on

I can remember epic things all throughout

It's not perfect, but I was hooked week by week

The boruto movie was amazing, and when I left that theater I wanted to know more about those characters

So glad we get a Manga on them

Peff

Some of these S Rank requirements seem to be pretty ridiculous. I did the
last Kakashi Gaiden fight
only getting hit once, doing all the objectives and getting way more than enough stars, but still got an A. It's kind of annoying that there seems to be no feedback whatsoever when it comes to that.

Tiberius

only getting hit once, doing all the objectives and getting way more than enough stars, but still got an A. It's kind of annoying that there seems to be no feedback whatsoever when it comes to that.
Do you need s ranks to unlock something ?

I just did this one myself, I think speed and mixing up combos/leader help with getting S rank.

Peff

I just did this one myself, I think speed and mixing up combos/leader help with getting S rank.

Yeah, I got it the second try, but I don't even know why. I think there might be a secret second star counter? I got a couple of 2s the first time around... it's just weird.

Speaking of which, the way you can tell the direction of the D-pad QTE before it actually appears is a really cool touch and rewards paying attention to the scene. Neat stuff.

Do you need s ranks to unlock something ?

I think it's just trophies? So not a big deal, but I was surprised to see them demand pretty much perfection after 3's were so easy for the most part. Then again, there is a counter for how much of the story mode you've S-ranked, so maybe it does unlock something.

Anybody else noticing some weird slowdown on Hiruzen's new UJ (Xbox One). Game is pretty smooth, it's also bizarre cause that scene is not intensive at all.

When you change leaders they automatically dash?

Depends on the state you are in. For example, if you are doing combo you will dash. if you aren't attacking, you will stay in place. if you are dashing, when you switch, other character will appear idle, while original one will continue dashing (can be used for feints). There are tricks that can be done with that. For example, if you are attacking somebody whe is blocking, you can cancel into chakra shuriken and immediately leader switch. That way you wont dash and will be able to continue hitting their guard. Can be used till they sub or their guard breaks.

I dunno what's everybody's take on creativity expressions here, but since I am a massive attention whore and I need any excuse to put off doing my job, I decided to randomly write up new possible movesets for Tobirama and Hiruzen:

Hiruzen

Combo Starter - He throws a palm thrust thingie with his right hand, then does a kick with his left leg going directly into an elbow thrust with his left arm, immediately followed by a spinning kick with two of his legs (both feet are off the ground, he kinda slightly hops in the air to do them) with an immediate sweep with his right leg.
Neutral Ender: Water Style: Great Water Wall - He does enother forward punch with his right hand and flips backwards quite far, as the game goes into a cinematic, where he spits out a massive water wave, comparable to Kisame's storm 2 ultimate tsunami. It blows enemy away.
Down Ender: Shadow Clone Giant Shuriken - He leaps forward, over the enemy, but not completely, instead stepping on the enemy twice, using him as a step stool and game goes into cinematic of him creating a bunch of giant shurikens to slam down into the enemy.
Up Ender: Earth Style: Mud Wall - He does an roundhouse kick with is left leg and spits mud, creating a wall that knocks enemy up
Air Combo:Clone Axe Combo - He does a punch with right hand, then left, then a quick roundhouse with the right leg, and then clone appears to axe kick the enemy to the ground.
Tilt: Transformation: Adamntine Staff - He tosses the stuff, that flys through the enemy, turning into Enma behind and kicking them stumbling towards Hiruzen.
Grab: Wint Style: Explosive Wind Bullet - He pushes enemy with his right hand. If hits, cinematic features Shadow clone appearing behind the enemy, kicking him in the air. Hiruzen then shots a wind bullet as a homage to his friend, Danzo, into the airborne enemy.

Rest is the same.

Tobirama

Combo starter - He does to horizontal kunai slashes, then kick with his right leg, from which he seemlessly does a 360 spin into a slice dash through the enemy.
Neutral Ender: Kibaku Fuda - He turns back to the enemy slicing in the process then creating a water whirlpool Kakashi style. The game then goes into a cinematic where we see a close up of Tobirama tossing something, with camera panning out quickly to reveal it's explosive tags. They all barage the enemy with explosions, until final explosion that blows enemy away.
Down Ender: Water Style: Spiralling Waterfall - He starts teleporting arround slashing through the enemy a few times, before going into a cinematic where he appers over the enemy, slamming a massive water drill down into them (something between his grab and old ultimate from PS2 era)
Up Ender: Flying Raijin Slash - two clones appar first kicking then slicing enemy up in perfect synchronicity. Tobirama then teleports slicing through enemy diagonally up. Kinda like TL Sasuke's up combo, but only one strike.
Air Combo: Flying Raijin Downward thrust - he slices enemy twice, then does a third spinning slice, before teleporting above and stabbing enemy down.
Tilt: Water Slide - faster version of his existing tilt, that also goes seamlessly into a combo. Basically a faster but shorter Darui's tilt.
Grab: Flying Rajin: Merciless Assault - Stabs the enemy away, after which two clones appear and Raijin Slash the enemy from two directions simultaniously.

Rest is the same.

Pardon for this sudden outburst of a 12 year old inside me.

jmga

The game runs much better on PC than I was expecting.

Playing at 2560x1440 with a 960, GPU use remains between 50 and 60% most ot the time.

I do not understand so much criticism.

Tankard

It was between Naruto and Digimon to me, but i decided to go with Naruto for now, next week will be a busy one for me, need to rush to finish The Witness this weekend.

Desmond

Is this more like 2 and 3?

Haven't had time to pick this up. Working through Revolution's trophies at the moment at it's boring the ass off me.

Revven

Is this more like 2 and 3?

Haven't had time to pick this up. Working through Revolution's trophies at the moment at it's boring the ass off me.

If you mean if it's more like 2 and 3 in terms of story mode with actual in-game cutscenes, then yes. Though there are some anime stills used, there's still plenty of in-game cutscenes that you'd expect from a numbered title.

『Inaba Resident』;194382452 said:
A really good match. Get to see a really good look at leader change being used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBWA036TzLs&feature=youtu.be

This match makes me even more excited. The potential of the switching is really awesome. Makes me excited to figure things out in a game like this for once.

How do you counter?

I see that in previous games it broke guard

Is it as op as before now?

Didn't play Revolution but I think counter was done with block + shuriken (R2 + Square).
It put you in a guard break state before but now it just pushes you back if it lands.
People actually found new tech recently that makes use of the new tag system.
When you land a counter, the opponent freezes for a few frames and you can actually tag out during that time and land an attack (ie: a grab).
Its actually done in the video I posted earlier.
https://youtu.be/vBWA036TzLs?t=12

jorgejjvr

『Inaba Resident』;194416097 said:
Didn't play Revolution but I think counter was done with block + shuriken (R2 + Square).
It put you in a guard break state before but now it just pushes you back if it lands.
People actually found new tech recently that makes use of the new tag system.
When you land a counter, the opponent freezes for a few frames and you can actually tag out during that time and land an attack (ie: a grab).
Its actually done in the video I posted earlier.
https://youtu.be/vBWA036TzLs?t=12
What happens when the bar and the characters turn yellow?

Also, are the games meant to be played like this? Two rounds, and it keeps your life for the next round?

What happens when the bar and the characters turn yellow?

Thats the storm gauge that fills up by doing damage and taking hits.
When its full, you have access to more support actions which involves your supports jumping in to help you when you do specific things.
For example, when charging chakra, your support will jump down and guard for you or when you knock the enemy away, your support will jump down and knock them back for a combo opportunity. In older games, you could set on a character basis what you wanted the support action to be ("Knockback, Chakra Guard" ,etc.) but in this one, I think its predetermined for each character and you can't change it.

You also get access to a team ultimate jutsu where your whole team rushes the opponent to land an ultimate jutsu. Choosing a specific team (Ex: Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura) will get you a team combination ultimate jutsu if you can land it.

Also, are the games meant to be played like this? Two rounds, and it keeps your life for the next round?
Don't think there's a consensus on the round system yet since its new to this game. Though, its not really rounds. Its essentially just more health.

f@luS

More than a member.
Maybe I'm burn out of naruto game but for now I don't like story mode , and I find it underwhelming graphically. Frame rate is a hindrance for sure. Will try a bit more

Mediking

The Chunin Exams is my absolute FAVORITE arc in Naruto manga. The hype and tension and character development was insane. I was searching for images and I almost cried from how amazing stuff was back then:

gaara-vs-sasuke.jpg

shukaku.jpg

c2Ajuya.jpg

Sasuke shined alot too. He was at his best.

3791450-chunin+1.jpg

NateDrake

As my first Naruto fighting game, I must say that I'm enjoying it. The combat system is shallow but the moves are flashy. By no means is it a great fighting game, yet I'm having fun going through the Story and different types of battles.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What spin?

Certain events are switched around timeline wise or slightly alternated from the manga.

As my first Naruto fighting game, I must say that I'm enjoying it. The combat system is shallow but the moves are flashy. By no means is it a great fighting game, yet I'm having fun going through the Story and different types of battles.

CC2 excels at presenting a source material as good as it can be, most times better than the source material itself.

cyborg009

Banned
The Chunin Exams is my absolute FAVORITE arc in Naruto manga. The hype and tension and character development was insane. I was searching for images and I almost cried from how amazing stuff was back then:

gaara-vs-sasuke.jpg

shukaku.jpg

c2Ajuya.jpg

3791450-chunin+1.jpg

Same here, I never saw the manga scans of the exam arc and damn it looks like HxH.

NateDrake

Certain events are switched around timeline wise or slightly alternated from the manga.

CC2 excels at presenting a source material as good as it can be, most times better than the source material itself.

Agreed. Having read the manga and then growing tired of the anime with all the filler nonsense, seeing some of these battles occur in the game has been delightful. I do wish the combat system was a little deeper, but what is present serves its purpose well enough to keep me interested and engaged.

Here is some Super Harem Jutsu to sexy this thread up a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsTnlRoe4eA

Nephtis

And with this game, I can finally have a sense of closure with Naruto.

The only thing I wasn't really satisfied was
their severed arms censored with the rest of the arm "shadowed"
. Everything else did the series legit justice though. Guy's fight was as fun as I imagined it to be. Everything just went great.

Overall I give this game a 9.5/10 I have to deduct .5 because of the above in spoilers. Other than that I sat down and played the entire story through a single sitting. And I may have to revisit it, just because it was so damn fun.

gaara-vs-sasuke.jpg

shukaku.jpg

c2Ajuya.jpg

3791450-chunin+1.jpg

Adult Sasuke, is Sasuke at his best. Adult Sasuke is the culmination of everything that made Sasuke great: badass, skilled fighter, loves his family, willing to sacrifice his own happiness for others, and has iron faith in the way of the ninja.

Dysun

The early tournament arcs are always the best.
YuYu, Flame of Recca, DB, Naruto included

Iceternal

Still images cutscenes are pretty bad ...
The whole Tobi/Obito backstory after Madara saves him was extremely confusing...

3d cutscenes are awesome though.

Just the final battle left for me now. Popped by to say I've had an amazing time with the story mode so far. Those story battles were as bat shit crazy as I was expecting and them some. Gorgeous visuals and animations that make this a MUCH better way to experience the story rather than the filler-ridden ugly as fuck anime. I highly recommend all Naruto fans to pick this game up, especially if you liked the previous ones. I have had no technical difficulties with the PC version at all. I did activate vsync in the ini which took 2 seconds really. Going to end the game now, super excited to see the final battle!

J4g3r

Very happy with the Guy vs Madara fight, they really did Night Guy justice in my opinion.
Adding that moment where Guy notices Lee, Kakashi and Minato helping him out with the Truthseeker Orbs
was a nice touch too.

Quite sad they left out the
flashback of Kakashi and Guy meeting for the first time though
, that really added to the whole moment in the manga/anime.

Leaving out actually showing
Naruto save Guy
was an odd choice too. In the game it's made out that it's
Night Guy that damages the tree enough that leads to Madara absorbing it
; when in the manga/anime,
Naruto cuts right through the tree with a Lava Rasenshuriken.

(I get that they were trying to add suspense to that very moment by making
Guy's savior unknown
, but it really just fell flat in my opinion).

Top Bottom