• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Toki767

I'm glad I haven't really watched Raw since the PPV since none of that matters now.

It's kind of sad that Reigns is the favorite to win the tournament though they could easily pull a Rock by having him side with the Authority against Ambrose in the finals.

When they turned Rock for his first title win, he was tremendously over as a face. They really should try the same thing here since it'll be way more interesting.

VigilantTallCopperbutterfly.gif

somedevil

Oh yes thats when the Royal Rumble went heel 2 years in a row. I wonder if they can keep the streak and screw up the rumble 3 years in a row?

Toki767

Oh yes thats when the Royal Rumble went heel 2 years in a row. I wonder if they can keep the streak and screw up the rumble 3 years in a row?
That really depends on if Reigns is the champion or not going into the Rumble.

If he's the champion, I imagine Brock is most likely going to win the Rumble.

If he's not the champion, I imagine we're going to have 3 years of the Rumble being crapped on.

Jopie

All I want out of the rumble this year is for a Zayne, KO feud to re-start. If I can get that, I dont care who wins.

RAW MARCH 26 2002

Raw is coming in from Penn State University. The draft is happening tonight. Entire roster is in the locker room in the back. Linda is on the big screen and says that there will only be 20 draft picks tonight. The rest will be decided by a lottery on WWF.com. I guess I won't see that part. Because of the world title match tonight Stephanie, Jericho, and triple H will be in eligible to be drafted tonight. Also because of a creative clause in his contract stone cold will not be drafted either. Austin is a free agent who can sign with whomever he wants.

Taz vs Mr Perfect

Holy fuck, it's Mr. perfect. He and Taz have a fairly sloppy match up that Taz wins with the Taz mission. He says that Mr. perfect has been just another victim.

Flair is in his war room with TMF Arn Anderson. That's pretty dope.

Vince comes out first for the draft pick. He picks the rock, who doesn't look real happy in the back. He comes out and Vince says that rock can't talk about " shoving his foot up anyone's candy ass" and "it doesn't matter." Faced with the prospect of putting a promo with no catchphrases rock goes off on Vince and gets one half of the crowd chant you are while the other side chance an asshole. Hold me back Wrasslegaf I think I don't like the rock. He's an empty catchphrase machine.

Outcomes flair for his draft pick. It's the undertaker. Undertaker is back stage, and he does his infamous chair throw gift. Rollin Rollin Rollin stat page. Angle comes up to McMahon backstage and is her he wasn't the first pick. Take her comes to the back and is pissed. He says flare wasn't supposed to pick him in that Vince was supposed to make this right.

edge and DDP vs Christian and Booker T

Edge is really over. Power slam by Booker, diamond cutter by DDP, unprettier by Christian, and scissors kick by Booker. That was all of the moves in this match.

In the back there's Vince with angle. Vince gives in and drafts angle. Outcomes flair, who drafts the NWO. Vince is pissed in the back and angle convinces him to sign Chris Benoit. In response flair signs Kane.

Trish vs Ivory

Quick match, Trish wins with the Stratus faction. You know for all of the jokes the women matches last as long as the men matches.

Out comes Vince. His draft pick is Hulk Hogan. Flair comes out afterwords and signs RVD. Vince is mad at this because he wanted the Intercontinental championship. And also is if you wants the title just make a match between him and Rob for tonight, and he'll take the title to smack down for him. The match is set.

Hulk and rock are backstage. Hulk says if it's the last RAW that they'll be in to make it a night to remember. A match is set for them versus the NWO.

Vince comes out and drafts the current tag champs Billy and Chuck.

Rock and Hogan vs NWO

The crowd really hates X-Pac in particular. This must be the infamous X-Pac heat that I've heard so much about. Fairly standard tag match. X Pac has nunchucks for some fucking reason. The NWO are teaming up on hulk and rock when outcomes Kane. The NWO wins by disqualification. Thanks a lot Kane.

Vince goes into flares locker room. Ric takes Booker, Vince takes edge, flair takes big show, and Vince takes Rikishi.

Jeff Hardy vs Billy

Back-and-forth. Chuck attempts to distract Jeff on the top rope. Lita hits a senton on Rico and nearly kills herself Jesus Christ. Jeff rolls up Billy for the win.

Flair takes Bubba Ray Dudley and Vince takes d von for the dickhead swerve. Heartfelt break up in the back.

Lol clockstoppers ad, I vaguely remember that show.

Rikishi vs William Regal

Match doesn't get underway as Brock comes out to manhandle Rikishi. He does that clothesline where rikishi does a dope flip in mid air.

Jazz is in WWF New York. She says she's excited to see where each diva ends up. They may call her a bitch, but she is the only bitch on both shows. Jazz is so dope.

Vince comes out and says he signs Brock Lesnar. Rick comes out and says fence can't change the rules, and says he's signs Brock. Vince signs Mark Henry, and flair drafts William regal. Vince signs the hard-core Champion maven. Flair signs Lita. That's all the drafts for the night.

Kurt Angle vs RVD

IC title belt on the line for this match. Angle with the German suplex early. Rob is hitting better offense this time around than in his last match. Angle is hitting some vicious looking Germans. Rob the terms a kick from the top rope but angle hold the referee in the way. The referee calls for the bell while angle is trying to break Rob's ankle. Out comes edge, Who brawls with angle until referees come out to split them up.

Stephanie is in the back with a great ring gear. She say she will be the undisputed champ. She comes out to the superior "my time" theme.

HHH vs Jericho vs Stephanie for the undisputed title

Now that I'm getting a good look, I see Jericho doesn't have his fugly alien chest. Steph gives HHH the creepiest stink eye I've ever seen. Steph plays cheerleader to Chris. Funny spot where HHH launches Jericho into Steph who Flair flops onto his balls. Dissension quickly bruise between Stephanie and Jericho and it's soon every man for himself. Triple H wins after a spine Buster on Stephanie. Triple H calls and security guys to drag Stephanie out of the arena. She holds onto the ring post for dear life, and this is all undeniably entertaining. NANANANANANANANA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE.

You know, match wise RAW isn't very special at this point. But I'm not bored by it, which is weird. Maybe it's the sense of importance to every match, the fact that everybody's out there for a reason. Maybe it's the strong character work, that goes into every match on the card. Maybe it's the pacing. The hour and 40 minute show goes by in a flash. But overall I'm pretty entertained. I think I'll take a break now before going to smack down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching that moment live with WrassleGAF was beautiful (disaster)

That would imply that those guys actually increase those.

Maybe, maybe not. But I would bet that no one tunes in thinking, "Aw yeah, time to watch Big Show and Kane in 2015."

Also, Ambrose definitely sells more merchandise. Wyatt probably too, if you count the sheep masks and the lanterns. And Ziggler has shirts out there.

Of the five, Ambrose's merch probably sells the best, since they made a big deal about how much Ambrose merch they sold last Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Ziggler's probably your surprise second of that group, followed by Wyatt.

Maybe, maybe not. But I would bet that no one tunes in thinking, "Aw yeah, time to watch Big Show and Kane in 2015."

Also, Ambrose definitely sells more merchandise. Wyatt probably too, if you count the sheep masks and the lanterns. And Ziggler has shirts out there.
I tune in to see Kane. Big Show, not so much.

UberTag

That really depends on if Reigns is the champion or not going into the Rumble.

If he's the champion, I imagine Brock is most likely going to win the Rumble.

If he's not the champion, I imagine we're going to have 3 years of the Rumble being crapped on.
This is yet another reason to want Roman Reigns to leave Survivor Series as champion. (Best case scenario is that he leaves as a heel champion but I'm not going to delude myself.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Considering they're always giving him catchphrases, always putting him in feuds with top guys, and always giving him promo time on the show, I'd bet Bray does better than most people in the company.
My wife consistently refers to Bray as "the Tonberry" every single time she references him.

Top Bottom