• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
GWF tentatively scheduled for tomorrow night at the :15 mark after Raw. If I have this all set up right we can go for an hour with the setup made and see what happens. Universe Mode.

Current roster, and there will be some more coming before we start:

Zach
Bean Breath
Bluekaveli
BronsonLee
Bronx-Man
Dmczaf
FallingEdge
Fox318
Frecklestein
Imbask
Plywood
Verendus
Yeezus Saves

More will make it before the show starts, and in the weeks after.

I love it. We ready.

KissVibes

Banned
GWF tentatively scheduled for tomorrow night at the :15 mark after Raw. If I have this all set up right we can go for an hour with the setup made and see what happens. Universe Mode.

Zach
Bean Breath
Bluekaveli
BronsonLee
Bronx-Man
Dmczaf
FallingEdge
Fox318
Frecklestein
Imbask
Plywood
Verendus
Yeezus Saves

This list is absurd. ABSURD.

Mahonay

Banned
M2FQnEC.png
Fucking amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
just remember, in this GWF I don't even make the matches. Universe mode does everything. Buckle up.

Already added 3 more people to the roster. Will be diligently working on more.

Mahonay

Banned

Zach
Bean Breath
Bluekaveli
BronsonLee
Bronx-Man
Dmczaf
FallingEdge
Fox318
Frecklestein
Imbask
Plywood
Verendus
Yeezus Saves

If Bean Breath wins we riot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So there is one problem with WWE2K16 when streaming. Doesn't matter to where, if using the built in streaming on the PS4, you...

Get no music at all. Period.

This is crazily disappointing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really takes the wind out of my sails. Music is important. Those motherfuckers.

Zach

I hope Data West and I feud over the rights to the "Simply Ravishing" theme that we aren't even able to use.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
SuperBrawl VII - C-
Uncensored '97 - B-
WrestleMania 13 - C
Spring Stampede '97 - C+
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
Slamboree '97 - B-
King of the Ring '97 - D+
The Great American Bash '97 - C
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
Bash at the Beach '97 - B
SummerSlam '97 - B
Road Wild '97 - D+
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXV - B-
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - C-
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Survivor Series '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
Didn't love Fall Brawl '97. But how did they expect anything to follow Eddie/Jericho?

Lothar

Banned
Alex Wright vs Ultimo Dragon was very good from what I remember last watching it in 97. I was most impressed that night by Wright vs Dragon because I already knew going into it that Guerrero vs Jericho would be good. Wright vs Dragon was a surprise. That made me pay more attention to Wright and turned me into a Wright fan.

Zach

Alex Wright vs Ultimo Dragon was very good from what I remember last watching it in 97. I was most impressed that night by Wright vs Dragon because I already knew going into it that Guerrero vs Jericho would be good. Wright vs Dragon was a surprise. That made me pay more attention to Wright and turned me into a Wright fan.
I was actually disappointed with it. And I love Ultimo and Wright. D:

I just realized

Last time Punk was in a WWE match: vs Kane
Last time Bryan was 100% and in a WWE match: vs Kane
Last time Seth was healthy and in a WWE match: vs Kane

SMACKDOWN MARCH 21 2002

Smackdown opens with a replay of the hogan/Rock vs NWO. THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. I see the Smackdown fist and nostalgia washes over me. Smackdown is coming from Ottawa Canada. The rock is set to face Kevin Nash tonight. Out comes Kurt angle who sits at the commentary table.

Edge vs Booker T

Kurt angle on commentary is something else. He's talking about how Booker T is his "Homie" and he's making a bunch of random musical references like you're about to make me lose my mind and who let the dogs out. Edge and Booker T have a good back and forth match and edge looks like he's about to win but Kurt angle interferes after Booker T kicks the referee (Teddy Long playa!) Booker hits Edgewith the scissor kick for the win.

Backstage with Hogan who gets a big pop. Vince intercepts him in the hallway and tells him to think about being drafted by him. Hogan says he will think about it but he'll stick around tonight. Decent segment.

We go to the APA playing poker in the back and the man who both of these guys look way too old to still be doing this. William regal walks up to them and told them about the possibility of being broken up by the draft. Bradshaw counters by saying that no matter where they are one of them will be able to kick his ass. William regal leaves and is face to face with the European champion DDP. I completely forgot that DDP was the European champion at some point. Page is still doing his positively page gimmick and mocks regal for losing the Intercontinental championship. Regal challenges Page for the title and the match is set. The APA portion of this backstage segment wasn't really necessary.

Backstage with big daddy cool and Scott hall. Hall palms Nash up by telling him to kick rocks ass. Nash says he will do what hogan couldn't at wrestlemania. Man there are a lot of segments one after another.

Trish and Lita vs Ivory and Jazz

You know, the funny thing is that the woman wrestlers here are wearing way more than the women wrestlers wear now. They're like wearing full pants and shirts. With no mid drift except for jazz. Unlike the Trish and lita match on raw this match is way better. Some solid he'll work from ivory and Janice and every move looks really intense. Women's wrestling on the main show has really degraded when you see some of the character work on display here. Unfortunately, king is still really really creepy. Trish picks up the win after pinning Jazz with the Stratusfaction.

We go to the back where Lillian is interviewing the intercontinental champion Rob Van dam. Rob gives the same promo that he always does. "This is really cool whatever is happening doesn't matter as long as I'm Rob Van Dam" (pointing taunt.)

Regal vs DDP for the European title

William regal is such a fantastic talent. Every piece of offense is believable and his selling is great. He moves around the ring with such a purpose and is always adding something to his matches. He and Page have a solid match when Christian comes out for the distraction. Regal hits page with the brass knuckles and blocks him in the regal stretch. The ref calls for the bell and regal is now a three-time European champion.

Chris Jericho comes out with his hair tied back. I'm assuming he's going to grow his goatee out any day now. Stephanie is with him and she looks incredible. Please don't let her talk. Jericho launches into a field promo so generic I could imagine Dolph Ziggler giving it, but at least his delivery and character is better. He mentions how big of a coward triple H is for making the handicap stipulation with Stephanie. He's completely right though, triple H looks like a huge pussy for making that stipulation. Outcomes the undisputed champ triple H. Triple H opens his promo by calling Jericho gay and Stephanie a bitch. Our face ladies and gentlemen. He shows a montage of Stephanie being embarrassed. I got to admit, as awful as she is on the mic at least she was willing to take some licks. Triple H says that Jericho earned his respect, but he's the champ now. Triple H, ever the ric flair mark, is holding the big gold belt over the WWF. Stephanie drops the "bombshell" and says that the match on Monday has been made a triple threat match so she could become the world champion. Jericho looks confused and it is super obvious that he is an afterthought in the storyline. Only two shows and I don't really care about anything happening in the world title scene. Jericho is interviewed in the back and states the super obvious fact that if Stephanie pins him she could become the champ but he could also pin Stephanie to become the champion.

Test vs Tajiri w/Torrie Wilson

Tajiri is the cruiserweight champion and Torrie Wilson is wearing the exact same thing that Trish was wearing on Monday. I have no recollection of why these two are together but whatever. Test and Tajiri mesh really well. Test is really good at hitting his power moves and I forgot how fucking smooth Tajiri is around the ring. Test win with the big boot. Not how you protect your champions WWE.

Hall and Nash are backstage with Vince. Vince tells them that the NWO has been sent to be drafted as a unit. The NWO by this point is really kind of lame.

The Hurricane vs Mighty Molly

A replay of the hilarious hard core title scramble at wrestlemania X8. Hurricane teases a choke slam but decides to show some mercy. Molly hits him from the back and the fight is on. Hurricane sends Molly over the top rope. Brock Lesnar interferes and hits hurricane with an F5. Molly comes back in the ring and Brock just fucking plows into her. My dislike of intergender matches continues.

Biker taker comes out and asks for flair. He goes to his office and flair looks freaked out. Taker demands that flare draft him on Monday so that every day for flare can be if you like wrestle mania. Taker and flare kind of reminded me like how weird prison rapist relationship.

Billy and Chuck are backstage. Chuck asked if it was a good idea to hire Rico as they're mess Billy and Chuck are backstage. Chuck asks if it was a good idea to hire Rico as their manager. Billy says that while he's tough he's the best there is. Rico comes in and tells them that their behavior is disgusting and unacceptable. He says their headbands are crooked and their color scheme is passé. After their match they will have a full body makeover. Billy says that he is the best hairstylist they can find. Jesus Christ.

Billy and Chuck vs The Hardys

You know, if there's one thing I can praise about Billy and Chuck, is that they could be a lot worse. It's not like they act super effeminate and try to hump their opponents or anything. They're just two wrestlers who are implied to be in a homosexual relationship. And and that's pretty commendable in professional wrestling. Both teams have a solid match. It looks like the Hardys are going to win when Rico throws Jeff into the ref. He hangs Matt on the top row and Billy hits the fameasser for the win to retain the tag belts.

Kevin Nash vs The Rock

Weird piece of WWE cinematography back then. The Camera tends to zoom in on the Wrestler's faces when they're in the ring for a dramatic effect. I don't hate it. You know, divorced from all the internet smark bullshit around Kevin Nash he really does wrestle like a solid power wrestler and has enough charisma to back it up. He and rock have a good dynamic here, with Nash playing the big man and the rock playing the underdog role. Scott Hall lays into rock with cheap shots whenever he can. The rock has a really shitty DDT has that ever been mentioned? Nash is dominating a good chunk of the match when the rock hits the People's elbow. Hall interferes for the disqualification. The rock removes the amounts table covers but Kevin Nash turns it around and jackknives him through the table. Out comes hogan who lays into both of them. He's dominating when out comes X Pac in NWO colors and smacks hogan with the chair. Hulk is busted open now and whole gets in a chair shop. The NWO all proceeds to brand hulk to end the show.

This was a decent show. Granted, it was just a way to further the story lines that we saw on raw without making big changes but I guess that's the way it was without the brand split. Something I want to point out during this time is that while the matches don't really run past 10 minutes and the ring work isn't as good as some of the guys now, the character work is much stronger and the story is more apparent. So while I see guys like owens and cesaro putting on a good Match up from a technical standpoint and I don't really get the sense I'm supposed to feel anything about their characters because there is no character dynamic in the ring. Maybe some disagree with me but that's the way I see it. Also, everyone on the show is out there for some reason instead of just a bunch of random exhibition matches. Since it's a Sunday and I'm not doing anything at the moment I guess I'll just move on to RAW.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I want to see Brock in the Rumble. He should enter number 2 and win it. Everyone works together to try to eliminate him and he ends up murdering everyone. Would make for an entertaining Rumble I feel.

If BronsonLee in GWF isn't based on Torito's body template, we riot..

Prepare to riot, motherfucker

I find it unconscionable that the WrassleGAF Hunger Games winner and patriarch of the two-time Avatar Rumble-winning Gallant family is relegated to GWF developmental.

You're down at the bottom because -I- was the true star of the Hunger Games

The reality is GWF's crack audio team forgot to bring the CD-RWs

Goddamn production team ruining everything!

Top Bottom