• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

I would say this is 100% proof: http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/2015/wwe-world-heavyweight-championship-tournament-28164052

I'm trying to create a bracket. I figure 16 is 'ideal', 32 would be exciting in a weird way.

One thing I absolutely despise about how tournaments are booked is that they're always done with reliance on feuds. Like Owens will probably face Ryback. :|

A randomly generated bracket: hhttp://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=tzF68hbNRe

It's weird how well this would look.

32 would be cool if they stretched it out on raws and smackdowns leading up to ss

16 exclusively on the show would be cool, like survivor series 98

I get the feeling it's going to be 8, and it's going to suck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Noted racist Hulk Hogan again claiming responsibility for things

“Well, I hate to brag about it, but I’m the first one to point the finger at Kevin Owens. I saw him on NXT, like his second match, and saw him just chop and beat and grind and beating his guy down and doing it the old school way and really understanding how to get heat, doing it the old school way and I said, ‘that’s the guy’. I said, ‘that’s the guy. I don’t care if he looks like a wrestler [or] looks like an ice cream salesman. I don’t care. That’s the guy.'”

As you know, NXT was Kevin Owens first time ever appearing in wrestling.

Gonzalez

Banned
I still wish they would make a weekly English language New Japan TV or even internet show that caught you up on everything. It wouldn't even need current matches, but that would be a plus.
Yeah, something similar to the old ESPN 2 Sumo Digest shows would be awesome.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
almost time, friends

MUv1kdA.png

mjlol.png

I'd also like to say, in response to comments a few days ago that Cesaro has never had a character one could care about, that I cared about Cesaro during his feud with Sami Zayn. Him wearing an army jacket, beret, and sunglasses and bloviating about how he was "the boss of the world", then doing a straight-up Wrath of Khan "ZAAAAAAYN!!" when Sami attacked him unawares was very entertaining.

Cesaro's problem is he has the most personality as a villain, like when he beat the piss out of The Miz, but he has the demeanor and moveset of a babyface. It's an unfortunate position to be in.

Dope.
Sunny....I was hoping I would catch you.

I wanted to formally apologize for getting you banned that one time. I should have brought it up with you in PM instead of a mod. I'm going to do better by that in the future though. A 3 month hibernation is what I needed I think.

We good?

Hand shake?
tumblr_nvrw182as81rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

I just wanted to use this gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Kevin Owens were built like Batista, how long would it take him to get the strap?

Entropia

No One Remembers
32 would be cool if they stretched it out on raws and smackdowns leading up to ss

16 exclusively on the show would be cool, like survivor series 98

I get the feeling it's going to be 8, and it's going to suck

Yeah if they did 32 it'd have to be both RAW and Smackdowns, curious to see. But man, a LOT of throwaway matches in that case.

What I think will happen:
4 matches tonight (12/16)
4 matches next week (8/16)
Remaining matches at Survivor Series

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'd also like to say, in response to comments a few days ago that Cesaro has never had a character one could care about, that I cared about Cesaro during his feud with Sami Zayn. Him wearing an army jacket, beret, and sunglasses and bloviating about how he was "the boss of the world", then doing a straight-up Wrath of Khan "ZAAAAAAYN!!" when Sami attacked him unawares was very entertaining.

Cesaro's problem is he has the most personality as a villain, like when he beat the piss out of The Miz, but he has the demeanor and moveset of a babyface. It's an unfortunate position to be in.
This is the same problem that Ziggler's had all of his career.

If Kevin Owens were built like Batista, how long would it take him to get the strap?
Three months tops.

Ithil

Noted racist Hulk Hogan again claiming responsibility for things

“Well, I hate to brag about it, but I’m the first one to point the finger at Kevin Owens. I saw him on NXT, like his second match, and saw him just chop and beat and grind and beating his guy down and doing it the old school way and really understanding how to get heat, doing it the old school way and I said, ‘that’s the guy’. I said, ‘that’s the guy. I don’t care if he looks like a wrestler [or] looks like an ice cream salesman. I don’t care. That’s the guy.'”

Stone Cold apparently evaporated.

They used to have NJPW with English commentary on EuroSport in the early 90's, it was fucking awesome and only a month or so behind the Japanese product - however, Riki Choshu was very much against it, as he didn't want to cater the product to a western audience and felt that fans outside of Japan wouldn't 'get' what they were doing. It only ran for about eight months before being replaced by UWFi Bushido, which was probably more suited to a sports network than regular pro-wrestling. Still, a real shame that it took two fucking decades for New Japan to recognise the potential for international expansion and, even then, that was only once non-wrestling people were in charge.

Barrage

WWE.COM has confirmed the tournament starts tonight and "continues onto Smackdown".

Thus hinting that it'll probably be a longer tournament, and also getting me to watch Smackdown.

Angry Grimace

What does this mean?

Hulk Hogan giving himself credit for discovering Kevin Owens despite Owens already being in NXT at the point Hogan saw him. Stone Cold's been talking about Owens for quite a while.

¡HarlequinPanic!;184805426 said:
well, there is oonneeeee little thing he won't take responsibility for...

Elizabeth was asking for it. If Macho was taking care of business like a real man should she would have never came looking for dat 24 inch python, brother.

Kaladin

WWE.COM has confirmed the tournament starts tonight and "continues onto Smackdown".

Thus hinting that it'll probably be a longer tournament, and also getting me to watch Smackdown.

I see nothing about Smackdown, or even starting the tournament on Raw.

Expect more news on Survivor Series’ tournament to determine a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

Bronx-Man

Banned
so did they announce the final card for WK10?

Not all of it but so far there's:

IWGP Hvt. Championship: Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP IC Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles
IWGP Jr. Hvt. Championship: Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA
IWGP Jr. Hvt. Tag Championships: reDRagon vs Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks

so did they announce the final card for WK10?

Four matches so far:

IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Kushida

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon (c) vs. Matt Sydal and Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice vs. The Young Bucks

DMczaf

Elizabeth was asking for it. If Macho was taking care of business like a real man should she would have never came looking for dat 24 inch python, brother.

Motherfucker! That was Macho's woman! If you were a real brother, you would step the fuck back.

Hogan ain't real!

Colocho

Banned

Oh boy, this actually sounds interesting as hell. I hope they go for a 32 men tournament as that would give pretty much everyone a fair shot at winning the thing, and whoever comes out on top is cemented as the true champ, although 16 would still be great.

Is it wrong for me to me excited about Raw AND Smackdown this week?

imBask

Banned
transfered my Fallout 4 PS4 pre-order to a PC pre-order, completely forgot that EBGames still holds SOME pc games! thank god

imBask

Banned
Macho Man was a roid loser with a temper problem who died early and Ric Flair is a drunken mess

HHH is in charge of the biggest wrestling company in the world

checkmate

Anth0ny

woahhhhhhhhhhh nice

first time in years they're promoting something relevant/canon on smackdown. amazing.

imBask

Banned

where?

that's not what they're saying in the Raw five-point preview article :

As a result, a tournament will be held at Survivor Series to crown a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Survivor Series. Who will compete for the illustrious prize? Will Roman Reigns, who earned the right to challenge Rollins two weeks ago on Raw, once again claw his way to the title that has eluded him since WrestleMania? Expect more news on Survivor Series’ tournament to determine a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

Rutti

Big Show should win just for the meltdown.

I hope they put at least one NXT guy in the tournament. Could be Itami, Zayn or Joe.

somedevil

Big Show should win just for the meltdown.

I hope they put at least one NXT guy in the tournament. Could be Itami, Zayn or Joe.

Itami and Zayn are still recovering from their shoulder injuries. The only NXT guy in England right now is Balor.

Kaladin

I like the long form tournament. Raises the steaks and makes the outcome seem more important.

Let's get everyone in on this.

Anth0ny

where?

According to reddit, they edited the page. but it's still live HERE:
ESPN first broke the news on Twitter that WWE's top titleholder suffered tears to his ACL/MCL/medial meniscus while performing at WWE Live Event in Dublin, Ireland. As a result, tournament bouts will be held on Raw and SmackDown as well as Survivor Series, where a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned. Which Superstars will be participating in this epic event? Will the current No. 1 contender, Roman Reigns, be involved? How many other Superstars will get a chance to win WWE's top prize? How will the contenders be decided? All these questions and more will be answered as we get closer to the must-see event.

As a result, a tournament will be held at Survivor Series to crown a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Survivor Series. Who will compete for the illustrious prize? Will Roman Reigns, who earned the right to challenge Rollins two weeks ago on Raw, once again claw his way to the title that has eluded him since WrestleMania? Expect more news on Survivor Series’ tournament to determine a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

CAN ROMAN REIGNS OVERCOME THE ODDS OF A TOURNAMENT WITH SOME OTHER JOBBERS MAGGLE

Barrage

where?

They've edited it.

The original: http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-raw-preview-send-us-reports-pics-video-if-attending/

As a result, a tournament will begin tonight, and continue on SmackDown, to crown a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Survivor Series. Who will compete for the illustrious prize? Will Roman Reigns, who earned the right to challenge Rollins two weeks ago on Raw, once again claw his way to the title that has eluded him since WrestleMania? Expect more news on Survivor Series’ tournament to determine a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

Top Bottom