• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

CAN ROMAN REIGNS OVERCOME THE ODDS OF A TOURNAMENT WITH SOME OTHER JOBBERS MAGGLE

C65neWK.gif

imBask

Banned
They've edited it.

The original: http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-raw-preview-send-us-reports-pics-video-if-attending/

As a result, a tournament will begin tonight, and continue on SmackDown, to crown a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Survivor Series. Who will compete for the illustrious prize? Will Roman Reigns, who earned the right to challenge Rollins two weeks ago on Raw, once again claw his way to the title that has eluded him since WrestleMania? Expect more news on Survivor Series’ tournament to determine a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

I guess they realized that this is what the fan would want, so they changed it to a 3 vs 3 tag team match

Anth0ny

I thought Smackdown is not canon.

they'll probably do heath slater vs. zack ryder tier matches on smackdown

all of the winners on smackdown get slaughtered in 2 minute raw matches the next week

I don't even hate that, though. the larger scale the tournament, the more important it makes the title feel. the 1998 survivor series had al snow vs. jeff jarrett and x-pac vs steven regal. ON THE PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF tonight at the :15 mark after Raw. Be ready.

bjork

Macho Man was a roid loser with a temper problem who died early and Ric Flair is a drunken mess

HHH is in charge of the biggest wrestling company in the world

checkmate

None of these men have a clean pin on the Warrior.

Destrucity

Kaladin

I am hype. I just put in for time off for next Thursday. I scored ring side for the next NXT taping!

I was on the site as the tickets opened, clicked on one in the middle of the front row and it was no longer there by the time it loaded. Went back and someone had snagged the first 16 of 17 front row tickets. I grabbed the very last one. Later, I found out tickets for that taping sold out in 2 minutes.

fgMpGJN.jpg

This is also my first time ringside at a WWE TV event....so that is bucket list material right there.

Ithil

What does this mean?

Stone Cold first talked to Owens over a decade ago (and gave him advice Owens has talked about how it helped his young career several times), and basically checked in on him every few years. He was talking him up before Owens was signed last year as one to watch.

Never mind of course, that Hogan saw him in NXT, that is, after he was signed, so after people in WWE including HHH had already seen Owens and decided he was worth signing.
Typical Hogan really.

Ithil

Oh boy, this actually sounds interesting as hell. I hope they go for a 32 men tournament as that would give pretty much everyone a fair shot at winning the thing, and whoever comes out on top is cemented as the true champ, although 16 would still be great.

Is it wrong for me to me excited about Raw AND Smackdown this week?

They won't have time I'd say. They only have one RAW and SD before the PPV which will presumably have the semi finals and finals on it.

klonere

Banned
Stone Cold first talked to Owens over a decade ago (and gave him advice Owens has talked about how it helped his young career several times), and basically checked in on him every few years. He was talking him up before Owens was signed last year as one to watch.

Never mind of course, that Hogan saw him in NXT, that is, after he was signed, so after people in WWE including HHH had already seen Owens and decided he was worth signing.
Typical Hogan really.

Huh I didn't know Austin was that involved with Owens over the years. I knew Owens was a huge Brock/Austin mark but its pretty cool that he has that connection with the dude.

You know it'd be pretty cool if they shot an angle at the legends show in Dallas but sure, gotta introduce that young gun, the Undertaker.

Zach

GAF Wrasslin Federation

Of course, of course. Now, will there be a separate thread for this? Or is it not big time enough for that? Haven't I seen a wrassle league thread somewhere on NeoGAF before? Different thing? Am I just making this up altogether?

Edit: Actually, I think that was video game characters or something...

Kind of funny that 5 Star Wrestling is putting on better actual wrestling than video games.

Yeah, they're probably using the ill gotten gains from their shitty videogame to promote this show (and sponsor the RevPro one). Hopefully they do about as well as most money marks and fail to make a profit, which probably has a fair chance of happening considering they've booked Mysterio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, of course. Now, will there be a separate thread for this? Or is it not big time enough for that? Haven't I seen a wrassle league thread somewhere on NeoGAF before? Different thing? Am I just making this up altogether?

Edit: Actually, I think that was video game characters or something...

That's some bullshit sensible people don't bother with. Because virtual avatars of motherfuckers I don't know personally in a wrestling thread in a nerd den is so much more classy.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
ambrose and reigns final round

they shake hands before the match

have a grueling match

reigns hits superman punch but ambrose reverses into GAF's favorite move: the rebound off the middle rope clothesline

both men are out

IT'S A SHAMEFUL THING

sheamus bro kicks ambrose for the 1 2 3

sheamus is your new champion

next night on raw ambrose and reigns team against sheamus and barrett, reigns pins sheamus clean

the road to royal rumble begins

/sigh

I think the danger of a heel Ambrose is that Ambrose is going to get cheered over Roman in certain places no matter what.

Although since they are literally making Roman Cena 2.0 minus the ability to talk, that would be okay by their estimation.

Yeah - I think Reigns going heel is the better option, and I say this as a Reigns fan.

That said - they have a really simple way to make the tournament far more interesting and unpredictable. Because Reigns won a #1 Contendership match to face Rollins 1 v 1 for the title ...he's DQ'd from the tournament, and instead gets a shot at the winner at TLC. Sheamus declines to enter the tournament because he has MitB. Since normally the titles would be defended at Survivor Series - the Authority rules that the first round matches for Owens and ADR also double as title defenses.

You then have the following 8 people in the bracket
Faces: Ambrose, Ryback, Cesaro, Ziggler
Heels: Owens (new face of the Authority), ADR, Big E, King Barrett

Because Owens is the new "chosen one" - he's given the easier path, while Ambrose is openly seen as a threat and given the hardest path.

Round 1:
Ambrose vs Big E - Ambrose wins
Ryback vs ADR -- ADR wins
Cesaro vs King Barrett - Cesaro wins
Owens vs Ziggler - Owens wins w/ help from Authority (ties into last year's SS with Ziggler)

Round 2:
Ambrose vs ADR - Ambrose wins
Owens vs Cesaro - Owens wins w/ Help from Authority (HHH and Steph make comments about Cesaro not being good enough to reach the brass ring)

Round 3:
Ambrose vs Owens, with the winner facing Reigns at TLC. You could go either Owens (but note that Reigns will get booed out of the building facing Owens), or Ambrose (and have friendly tension build about Reigns and Ambrose facing each other for the strap at TLC). Alternatively - have your Sheamus interference here.

Personally - I'd have Owens vs Ambrose happen, both men are down, Sheamus runs down and cashes in MitB to make it a three way (and ergo no-DQ) - proceeds to beat the holy hell out of Ambrose with a chair or what not. Goes to pin Ambrose, Reigns comes flying out of the back and lays out Sheamus. Owens pops up and tries to hit Reigns with the Pop Up Powerbomb, eats a Superman Punch into a Dirty Deeds, new champ Ambrose. Turns into Reigns & Ambrose (and the Usos when needed) vs the Authority (Owens, Sheamus, New Day when needed). You can even bring in bigger guns on the Authority side until Summerslam, at which point Rollins can return to reform the Shield / get revenge on HHH.

If you are going Cena vs Taker at WM 32; and you assume no Bryan, Orton, Rock, Batista, or Rollins for WM - I wonder if a three way with Ambrose, Reigns, and Lesnar might be a good WHC match. Tease the possibility that the only way to take down Lesnar might be the combination of Ambrose and Reigns. That, or go Ambrose vs Lesnar and Reigns vs HHH (or vice versa).

Top Bottom