• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
does this mean Suzuki won't be at WK10?

No one really knows, but basically Marufuji has bet NOAH's future on this match - if he loses NOAH must close, but if he wins then Suzuki-gun are banished from NOAH. Either way, I wouldn't rule out SZKG returning at WK10 to cause some chaos, or perhaps NJPW will book a big multi-man return match for them.

They've been doing
Ambrose vs Owens on the European tour since Rollins was injured
, so bet that is a semi-final match on the PPV.

As for the other half,
Roman is clearly booked to go over but he'll likely face Del Rio
in the semis.
It'll be a borefest, we're getting
Ryborg and Romaine

somedevil

So this just happened:

@WayneRooney in the front row and the @WWE universe start duel chanting "let's go Rooney/Rooney sucks" only in the WWE #WWEmanchester #RAW

So Wayne Rooney is the John Cena of England. Someone explain this to me?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's literally one match I can't say I'm 90% sure of the outcome of to begin with:

Roman v. Big Show = Roman (already saw it so yeah)
Cesaro v. Sheamus = Sheamus
Del Rio v. Stardust = Del Rio
Kalisto v. Ryback = Ryback
Owens v. O'Neill = Owens
Neville v. Barrett = Neville (sets up a face/heel match in the Quarterfinals)
Ziggler v. Miz = Ziggler
Ambrose v. Breeze = Ambrose

Quarterfinals

Roman v. Sheamus = Roman Reigns
Del Rio v. Ryback = Del Rio
Owens v. Neville = Owens
Ambrose v. Ziggler = Ambrose

Semifinals

Roman v. Del Rio = Roman
Owens v. Ambrose = Ambrose

Finals

Roman v. Ambrose = Roman

So Wayne Rooney is the John Cena of England. Someone explain this to me?

They're in Manchester, which has two football teams - United and City. Rooney plays for United, so all the City fans (and everyone else who doesn't support United) despises him, the granny shagging Shrek-lookalike :p

Kaladin

There's literally one match I can't say I'm 90% sure of the outcome of to begin with:

Owens v. O'Neill = Owens
Ziggler v. Miz = Ziggler

Quarterfinals

Owens v. Neville = Owens

Semifinals

Roman v. Del Rio = Roman

Finals

Roman v. Ambrose = Roman

Only thing I would change is Cesaro over Sheamus to keep the MITB winner from having too much interaction with Roman. I'd even have Sheamus walk out of the match vs Cesaro claiming he didn't need the tournament.

Ithil

Owens v. O'Neill = Owens
Ziggler v. Miz = Ziggler

Quarterfinals

Owens v. Neville = Owens

Semifinals

Roman v. Del Rio = Roman

Finals

Roman v. Ambrose = Roman

Yeah, 100% identical to what I predicted just glancing at those brackets. I don't expect surprises.

Heroman

Banned

Owens v. O'Neill = Owens
Ziggler v. Miz = Ziggler

Quarterfinals

Owens v. Neville = Owens

Semifinals

Roman v. Del Rio = Roman

Finals

Roman v. Ambrose = Roman
Cant them doing a Roman v. dean match, roman would get booed over dean.

GravyButt

Only thing I would change is Cesaro over Sheamus to keep the MITB winner from having too much interaction with Roman. I'd even have Sheamus walk out of the match vs Cesaro claiming he didn't need the tournament.
Not a bad idea at all. I like it!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bracket predictions. Pretty safe predictions.

Big Show vs. Reigns = Reigns
Cesaro vs. Sheamus = Cesaro

Del Rio vs. Stardust = Del Rio
Kalisto vs. Ryback = Ryback

Titus vs. Owens = Owens
Neville vs. Barrett = Barrett

Ziggler vs. Miz = Ziggler
Ambrose vs. Breeze = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Cesaro = Reigns
Del Rio vs. Ryback = Del Rio

Owens vs. Barrett = Owens
Ziggler vs. Ambrose = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Del Rio = Reigns
Owens vs. Ambrose = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Ambrose = Reigns

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I tend to doubt it. Roman's not the champion yet, we're just assuming he is. I still think Sheamus is going to lose his cash-in match. They're hitting the "you are guaranteed to win the title" angle really suspiciously hard, which makes me believe Sheamus is gonna fail, or even lose the briefcase.

Cant them doing a Roman v. dean match, roman would get booed over dean.

If Dean isn't in the finals, the finals is literally Owens, which would be sick as fuck for Owens to be in a title match headlining Survivor Series, but I don't think he would credibly win.

Sephzilla

Bracket predictions. Pretty safe predictions.

Big Show vs. Reigns = Reigns
Cesaro vs. Sheamus = Cesaro

Del Rio vs. Stardust = Del Rio
Kalisto vs. Ryback = Ryback

Titus vs. Owens = Owens
Neville vs. Barrett = Barrett

Ziggler vs. Miz = Ziggler
Ambrose vs. Breeze = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Cesaro = Reigns
Del Rio vs. Ryback = Del Rio

Owens vs. Barrett = Owens
Ziggler vs. Ambrose = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Del Rio = Reigns
Owens vs. Ambrose = Ambrose

Reigns vs. Ambrose = Reigns

My predictions are literally the same as yours expect for the finals

Reigns vs Ambrose = Shaemus

rrc1594

My predictions are literally the same as yours expect for the finals

Reigns vs Ambrose = Shaemus

137593505136.jpg

Hex

Banned

I am not going to spoiler it because it is guessing.
But I would put Cesaro over Sheamus since Sheamus has the case.
Breeze will interfere in Ambrose / Ziggy (even though he really does not need to) to give that a kick into SS.

Angry Grimace

I'm still baffled what the hell else is on the card.

The Undertaker is the lead advertisement for this show and the Wyatts are clearly part of his match, so I'm guessing they're doing a Survivor Series match.

Then Paige is gonna job to Charlotte.

Then, uh, 7 matches of the tournament? Even then all of the Quarters would be 3 minute nonsense since you can't actually make the finals participants fight 3 times without a bunch of nonsense roll-ups or whatever.

Sephzilla

They don't even have the bracket really set up at all to allow a dark horse to get a few wins in the tournament to shake things up. They should have put
Cesaro
in the bottom half of the bracket so he doesn't run into Roman right away

imBask

Banned
I'm still baffled what the hell else is on the card.

The Undertaker is the lead advertisement for this show and the Wyatts are clearly part of his match, so I'm guessing they're doing a Survivor Series match.

Then Paige is gonna job to Charlotte.

Then, uh, 7 matches of the tournament? Even then all of the Quarters would be 3 minute nonsense since you can't actually make the finals participants fight 3 times without a bunch of nonsense roll-ups or whatever.

don't forget that the Usos will inevitably win the tag team title, and Miz vs Breeze might happen in the pre show

Toki767

You guys are crazy giving WWE that much credit.

Reigns will win the tournament, Sheamus will cash in, Reigns will beat him.

KingBroly

Banned
I JUST can't see that happening. It would make zero sense to me.

If anyone would be a great fit for the Authority, it would be the flippant Kevin Owens. I would love to see him side with them to use that platform to climb to the top while also watching him clash with authority. It would be some awesome, and hilarious, storytelling.

I agree, and I've made the case before about how many story things it brings together and why it'd be great. But everyone's saying
Reigns v. Ambrose
which has too obvious a conclusion.

I think it's obvious that Ziggler/Breeze will happen at SS due to both interfering in each others' matches.

Hah, the official name for Tanahashi & Elgin's tag team is...The Japanese & American Dream Team: LOVE & POWER Tag

Okada & YOSHI are calling something that translates to Best Buddies Tag, which is similar to what they've used in the past and is a reference to some manga, apparently.

Yano & Sakuraba are The Unique Combination, which is about as accurate a tag team name as you're likely to find.

Toki767

Is that really a bad thing doe?

It's not in all honesty. With the lack of star power until the Rumble, they really need to strap a rocket on either Reigns, Ambrose, or Owens.

If Vince weren't dead set against making Reigns the next Cena, turning Reigns heel and letting Ambrose chase until the Rumble would be my personal pick.

Owens is just going to get treated like Rollins if he gets the title.

Toki767

Another thought: Ziggler. Isn't he 6 and 1 in Survivor Series? He had a great bump last year. Could he be in the finals? Consider that he is currently set up to fight Breeze in the bracket. They have to be rolling with the idea to have those two hash out their differences in this tourney. If they do, there's no way Breezy goes over to the semi-finals. This also bumps Ambrose out of the picture.

I can see Owens and Ziggler fighting for a spot in the finals.

Ziggler and Breeze are going to cost each other their matches I'm guessing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Box Office thread reminded me, where the Hell is RVD?

He'd have been a perfect mystery participant in the tournament

Angry Grimace

Dean or Roman can't go heel. WWE doesn't have any BabyFaces

How soon you forget the BIG GUY!

Also, I still think that Finn Balor is gonna show up on the Undertaker's team since they need a face with magic powers to fight Bray.

Toki767

Dean or Roman can't go heel. WWE doesn't have any BabyFaces

One of them can turn.

Just one. Turning Ambrose really won't do anything for him at this point if the main point is to feud against Reigns though.

Turning Reigns is the more logical decision. Because then it'll be like Rock/Mankind on the lead up to Mania 15.

Top Bottom