• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
No one really knows, but basically Marufuji has bet NOAH's future on this match - if he loses NOAH must close, but if he wins then Suzuki-gun are banished from NOAH. Either way, I wouldn't rule out SZKG returning at WK10 to cause some chaos, or perhaps NJPW will book a big multi-man return match for them.

I thought that Marufuji only bet NOAH if a Suzuki-Gun member won the Global League, (which he won, beating Shelton), and now this is just for the GHC title. I could be wrong though.

I'd love to see a big Suzuki-Gun return at WK10 though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Another thought:
Ziggler. Isn't he 6 and 1 in Survivor Series? He had a great bump last year. Could he be in the finals? Consider that he is currently set up to fight Breeze in the bracket. They have to be rolling with the idea to have those two hash out their differences in this tourney. If they do, there's no way Breezy goes over to the semi-finals. This also bumps Ambrose out of the picture.

I can see Owens and Ziggler fighting for a spot in the finals.

Breeze is not going over Dean Ambrose. That match screams DQ all over it to protect Breeze from being a jobber on-sight.

That should be a ton of fun. I love how we're getting the gamut of matches with Styles - everyone he CAN wrestle, he's doing it. It's really great.

Not to mention Jay Lethal in December. This definitely feels like a farewell tour for AJ, dude is getting up there in years and has said that he'd like to watch his kids grow up, he's saved his money and probably could live off of what he's done forever.

Hex

Banned
I'm tell you man now is the time to make Romania a heel

I just can't believe that they are making Roman go through the tourney.After earning the #1 shot already it is just tedious and redundant.
It would be better to just have this be for his opponent.
THE ONLY thing that could make this awesome is that Reigns finally wins the title, and then they pull some total screwjob at SS and he loses the belt already.
I will say that
Trips trying to recruit Reigns for the Authority could have been blatant forshadowing for the Ambrose turn

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Last match is totally going to be Reigns vs. [some guy], but then right before the bell rings, Reigns' opponent is knocked out and replaced by Akuma.

Reigns goes over Akuma without even tapping into his Murderous Intent

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Only matches that might be surprising

Cesaro / Sheamus could have either win. Sheamus losing in the beginning sets up potential revenge for him later by cashing in.

My cringe worthy moment would be is if they have Ziggler and Breeze wins (having someone screw Ambrose, for instance) to set up that match.

If you don't want Roman to get booed as much as possible, having his opponents be Big Show, Sheamus, and ADR is a pretty good run.

I kinda hope we end up with Ambrose vs Reigns, with Ambrose winning. Sheamus comes to cash in, Reigns destroys Sheamus with a Superman Punch / Spear combo, and he picks Dean up, gets a couple of beers thrown in the ring, and they crack them open and start celebrating in the ring.

Could then start a storyline where the Authority is desperate to get rid of Ambrose (and to a lesser extent, Reigns), culminating with them bringing back Lesnar to face Ambrose at Royal Rumble. Lesnar destroys Ambrose, and you could do Reigns winning the Rumble to avenge his friend, while Ambrose takes on HHH.

rrc1594

I'm tell you man now is the time to make Romania a heel

Been Heel

CDkHC1HWYAAma8D.png

Worst Television Show
2000 - World Championship Wrestling Thunder
2001 - World Wrestling Federation Excess
2002 - World Wrestling Entertainment Raw
2003 - World Wrestling Entertainment Raw
2004 - World Wrestling Entertainment SmackDown!
2005 - World Wrestling Entertainment Friday Night SmackDown!
2006 - World Wrestling Entertainment Monday Night Raw
2007 - TNA Impact! (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER~!)
2008 - TNA Impact!
2009 - TNA Impact!
2010 - TNA Impact!
2011 - Impact Wrestling
2012 - WWE Raw (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER~!)
2013 - TNA Impact Wrestling
2014 - WWE Raw

That's quite a streak by both companies.

One of them can turn.

Just one. Turning Ambrose really won't do anything for him at this point if the main point is to feud against Reigns though.

Turning Reigns is the more logical decision. Because then it'll be like Rock/Mankind on the lead up to Mania 15.

Yeah, by the time the PPV's over Cena will be back within 2 weeks. One of them can afford to turn, but it can't be before the PPV

I'd love to see a big Suzuki-Gun return at WK10 though.

My only worry is that the roster's rather full as it is, they'd need to send a bunch of guys down to NOAH or get rid of some of the Bullet Club geeks if all of SZKG return. I mean, what the hell do you do with Iizuka? Honma & Nakanishi were trying to get a 'Save Iizuka' storyline off the ground last year, whereby they would cure his madness and return him to normal, but it never went anywhere unfortunately. Also, Taichi. He's an annoying heel, so he's doing half of his job, but he's so very dull in the ring. No real desire to see TAKA back either.

KingBroly

Banned
I think this tournament has a ton of potential follow-ups to do.

Del Rio and Kalisto

Ziggler and Breeze (obvious)

Sheamus and Cesaro (The only matchup I want from Sheamus) for the Briefcase

Ithil

Dean or Roman can't go heel. WWE doesn't have any BabyFaces

They have barely any faces, but now they have no heels at all. Making a new top heel is necessary and their choices for that are pretty slim. Owens, Ambrose or Reigns basically.

Even the list of Worst Worked Matches of the Year is a trip down memory lane:

Worst Worked Match of the Year
2000 - Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Brisco, Evening Gown Match, WWF, King of the Ring
2001 - The Brothers of Destruction vs. KroniK, WWF, Unforgiven
2002 - Bradshaw & Trish Stratus vs. Christopher Nowinski & Jackie Gayda, WWE, Raw (aka THAT Jackie Gayda match)
2003 - Triple H vs. Scott Steiner, WWE, Royal Rumble
2004 - Tyson Tomko vs. Stevie Richards, WWE, Unforgiven
2005 - Eric Bischoff vs. Theodore Long, WWE, Survivor Series
2006 - Reverse Battle Royal, TNA, Impact!
2007 - James Storm vs. Chris Harris, Seix Sides of Steel Blindfold Match, TNA, Lockdown
2008 - Edge vs. Triple H. vs. Vladimir Kozlov, WWE, Survivor Series
2009 - Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell, TNA, Victory Road
2010 - Kaitlyn vs. Maxine, WWE, NXT
2011 - Sting vs. Jeff Hardy, TNA, Victory Road
2012 - John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis, WWE, Over the Limit
2013 - Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Natalya, Naomi, Cameron, Eva Marie & JoJo vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Kaitlyn, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes & Summer Rae, WWE, Survivor Series
2014 - John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt, Steel Cage Match, WWE, Extreme Rules

Surely, Kaitlyn vs. Maxine or that Survivor Series match is the real start of the #DivasRevolution.

Angry Grimace

The roster in general is thin as fuck and they have no heels with any crowd heat who aren't pre-show fodder to begin with. It's basically just Kevin Owens and Bray Wyatt, and Wyatt's not in the tournament at all.

I just can't believe that they are making Roman go through the tourney.After earning the #1 shot already it is just tedious and redundant.
It would be better to just have this be for his opponent.
THE ONLY thing that could make this awesome is that Reigns finally wins the title, and then they pull some total screwjob at SS and he loses the belt already.
I will say that
Trips trying to recruit Reigns for the Authority could have been blatant forshadowing for the Ambrose turn

He could totally be a crybaby like Bret and complain that they made him compete in a gruelling tournament that he should've advanced straight to the finals in. If he loses then he gets a rematch at the end of Raw against(Ambrose?) which leads to Kane and/Show coming out. Of course you think he's going to get his ass handed to him but Show and Kane destroy Ambrose. Thus Reigns covers him. Authority comes out to raise his arm and hug him.

Been Heel

CDkHC1HWYAAma8D.png
That Table was more over than him

I think this tournament has a ton of potential follow-ups to do.

Del Rio and Kalisto

Ziggler and Breeze (obvious)

Sheamus and Cesaro (The only matchup I want from Sheamus) for the Briefcase
This could be a great way to make Kalisto that new Luchado. Have ADR defend that title against him on TV.

Jezbollah

Watching the WCW PPVs in 1997 - my overriding thought is how often Hogan puts Piper over. It's actually quite something.

Anth0ny

Well the crowd was not a fan of the match. Though the we are awesome chants are horrible.

Also the tournament is 16 people.

Here is the bracket if you want to be spoiled:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTZU3qUWsAALS5B.jpg

7BpQN6l.gif

Not to brag, but I really think my bullshit bracket that I pulled out of my ass in 10 minutes is not only infinitely more interesting but also does a better job at hiding the shallow ass talent pool they have going at the moment.

why the fuck is Stardust, Kalisto, Tidus and Miz in this bracket? What have they done in the past year that tells me they deserve to be anywhere near the title picture? They barely have televised matches, let alone wins. Where are the New Day? The Dudleys? You know, characters that are actually over? characters with wins? characters with TV time and are frequently in the main event of Raws? In the case of New Day, three young up and comers? If the issue is that they're tag team champs, then why are the IC and US champs involved? If the issue is breaking up tag teams, then why is Kalisto and Tidus involved? If the issue is "keeping them strong", well FUCKING SPOILER, everyone is taking a loss besides Reigns. Breeze is going to lose his first main roster match! Kalisto will lose his first match, I'm sure that will do wonders for the Latin American viewership. Please, can someone give me a reason why the new day is not involved in this tournament? It baffles me.

fucking kalisto and tidus. and MIZ.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
They have barely any faces, but now they have no heels at all. Making a new top heel is necessary and their choices for that are pretty slim. Owens, Ambrose or Reigns basically.

I think making Owens the new chosen one (and turning Rollins face off-screen) is the best option - especially if you back Owens up with Sheamus + Samoa Joe + New Day as the other Authority protectors. Could even work ADR into the mix - have Reigns and Ambrose chase after Owens & Sheamus, then Rollins comes back and have the Shield reform. The kind of fun part will be that between RR and Summerslam, we might get a ton of people back (Bryan, Zayn, Itami, Orton, Rollins, Rusev)

If they're not going to get rid of the Authority (which they should IMO), just have them form a team to protect Owens (and add Eva Marie as soon as they are ready...Authority + Eva Marie might be NUCLEAR heat)

That said - the other nuclear option is to turn Cena heel. I'm on board with making Roman Cena 2.0 if it lets us get a fully armed and operational heel Cena.

KingBroly

Banned
This could be a great way to make Kalisto that new Luchado. Have ADR defend that title against him on TV.

As long as they use the piss yellow lights.

I can't wait for ADR and Sin Cara again on Raw. Ah the memories.

I know they changed guys, but come on. That mask is cursed.

miserable

2003 - Triple H vs. Scott Steiner, WWE, Royal Rumble
2011 - Sting vs. Jeff Hardy, TNA, Victory Road

i won't ever be able to forget these 2 matches, sadly

KingBroly

Banned
I think making Owens the new chosen one (and turning Rollins face off-screen) is the best option - especially if you back Owens up with Sheamus + Samoa Joe + New Day as the other Authority protectors. Could even work ADR into the mix - have Reigns and Ambrose chase after Owens & Sheamus, then Rollins comes back and have the Shield reform. The kind of fun part will be that between RR and Summerslam, we might get a ton of people back (Bryan, Zayn, Itami, Orton, Rollins, Rusev)

If they're not going to get rid of the Authority (which they should IMO), just have them form a team to protect Owens (and add Eva Marie as soon as they are ready...Authority + Eva Marie might be NUCLEAR heat)

That said - the other nuclear option is to turn Cena heel. I'm on board with making Roman Cena 2.0 if it lets us get a fully armed and operational heel Cena.

Crowd would cheer Heel Cena, though. Especially over Face Reigns.

Owens is the best option. Lots of storyline ties/reasons to do it, elevates the IC Title and Owens to new Mega Heel status. Takes heat off WWE for 'only pushing the muscle-bound idiots who can't do jack' with a guy carrying a keg everywhere as your Top Two Champions.

They won't do it though.

7BpQN6l.gif

Not to brag, but I really think my bullshit bracket that I pulled out of my ass in 10 minutes is not only infinitely more interesting but also does a better job at hiding the shallow ass talent pool they have going at the moment.

why the fuck is Stardust, Kalisto, Tidus and Miz in this bracket? What have they done in the past year that tells me they deserve to be anywhere near the title picture? They barely have televised matches, let alone wins. Where are the New Day? The Dudleys? You know, characters that are actually over? characters with wins? characters with TV time and are frequently in the main event of Raws? In the case of New Day, three young up and comers? If the issue is that they're tag team champs, then why are the IC and US champs involved? If the issue is breaking up tag teams, then why is Kalisto and Tidus involved? If the issue is "keeping them strong", well FUCKING SPOILER, everyone is taking a loss besides Reigns. Breeze is going to lose his first main roster match! Kalisto will lose his first match, I'm sure that will do wonders for the Latin American viewership. Please, can someone give me a reason why the new day is not involved in this tournament? It baffles me.

fucking kalisto and tidus. and MIZ.
I'd rather see Cody, Miz, or Titus win the belt than everyone else.

Toki767

If reigns wins the tournament does he kept the belt till RR, and if he does who wins the rumble?

Lesnar should enter at Number 1.

Then proceed to eliminate EVERYONE and have the record of 29 eliminations in a Rumble.

At least that would be believable and entertaining and a way to not get everyone to shit on the Rumble for a 3rd year in a row.

My only worry is that the roster's rather full as it is, they'd need to send a bunch of guys down to NOAH or get rid of some of the Bullet Club geeks if all of SZKG return. I mean, what the hell do you do with Iizuka? Honma & Nakanishi were trying to get a 'Save Iizuka' storyline off the ground last year, whereby they would cure his madness and return him to normal, but it never went anywhere unfortunately. Also, Taichi. He's an annoying heel, so he's doing half of his job, but he's so very dull in the ring. No real desire to see TAKA back either.

And they can't really do the NOAH vs. invaders storyline 2 years in a row, especially when they should start building Kitamiya or Nakajima.

DMczaf

Lesnar should enter at Number 1.

Then proceed to eliminate EVERYONE and have the record of 29 eliminations in a Rumble.

At least that would be believable and entertaining and a way to not get everyone to shit on the Rumble for a 3rd year in a row.

Have a couple of spots where Brock eliminates someone, and then slides under the ropes to beat his ass for another 30 secs because he's bored while waiting for the next dude.

Kaladin

Let's face it, this bracket was never going to amount to much. They had all of a few days to plan it out and get Vince's stamp of approval on it.

To ask much more than what were getting of this would be a feat WWE Creative is incapable of doing in a month's time, let alone a few days.

Top Bottom