• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Verendus

Banned
Friends, I finally tried out WWE 2K16 amidst my busy schedule that allows no time for video games, but wasting time on internet forums.

A lot better than 2K15 in local multiplayer. Reversal limits turned off. Here for the slight arcadey feel, not poor simulation. Pin system has become too easy now, and requires less skill. It was perfect in 2K14, and needs to return to that format. Submission still sucks, just in a different way. Also, no match customisation holds this game back further. It's still better than last year however, which was terrible in many ways.

Since I have incredibly low expectations of this company, I'd be fine with them just making the minor adjustments to the pin system, and adding match customisation once more. I can then keep that game for several years I'm sure. Local multiplayer is its own fun after all. But anyway, here's to 2K17. Another year of waiting to be disappointed once more.

Also, 3 week countdown until Roman Reigns becomes WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Balee Dat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This OT is as real as pro wrestling

I'm reading Don Callis' interview on WWE.Com. According to him, Bischoff's plan for WCW Nitro after he bought it in 2001 was to have him and Joey Styles do Nitro once he heard ECW was going out of business.

going for the cheap 'your town sucks' heat right off the bat

sign this idiot

actually as this goes on, this is like Roman in Chicago, except there's 8 people drowning him out

the longer it goes the more painful it gets

sounds like someone's town got inSALTed

Crazy stuff to think about.

If Owen didn't break Austin's neck he probably wouldn't have been thrown in the role of the Blazer in 99'.

Owen probably would've been the heel going over Austin instead of Hunter.

I say this because Austin kinda gave Owen the cold shoulder with that injury hanging over him.

But some site it as karma for Austin breaking Chono's neck. But obviously it was a botch, still Austin wanted Owen to do the tombstone instead of a sit down piledriver.

Another thing, Austin went on and on about how Owen never really have him ab apology. I wonder did he feel bad holding that grudge when Owen died.

I'm 2 Raws until over the edge bit this stuff came to mind as I was just watching.

But the one thing that sucked is Shawn got hurt and he had to leave. After Austin's program with Shawn we could've gotten Owen and Shawn. Hell it would've been cool to have got it after SS 97 with Owen winning the title but Shawn winning it back before WM 14.

A lot of random thoughts going through my head now. Idk. Whatever.

They gave him the Blazer because he didn't want to be put in a love triangle storyline with Jeff and Debra.
I knew that but I believe that Austin would've used his pull to get Owen as his heel rival with their history. I think Vince actually liked Owen unlike Bret because he didn't overstep his boundaries(demand a lot).

bjork

I knew that but I believe that Austin would've used his pull to get Owen as his heel rival with their history. I think Vince actually liked Owen unlike Bret because he didn't overstep his boundaries(demand a lot).

Their story was basically done after Survivor Series 97. If anything, Owen got a benefit from Bret leaving because it kept him in an upper card story after coming up short against Austin.

Owen is my #1, but the only time it would've been feasible for him to carry the title was in 94 with his Bret feud.

Their story was basically done after Survivor Series 97. If anything, Owen got a benefit from Bret leaving because it kept him in an upper card story after coming up short against Austin.

Owen is my #1, but the only time it would've been feasible for him to carry the title was in 94 with his Bret feud.
You're right, about the first part. There's just so much I question about Owen of he never died. I know he was going to be done after his contract was up, how much longer did he have?

Have you heard the talk is Jericho about how Bruce was supposed to be in Owen's spot? Hifuckinglarious. That was so dumb luckily Bret saved the day by suggesting Owen for the role instead of Bruce.

But what's even more interesting is that Owen was just going to get out of wrestling and become a fireman, wow. Only if he did.

bjork

You're right, about the first part. There's just so much I question about Owen of he never died. I know he was going to be done after his contract was up, how much longer did he have?

Have you heard the talk is Jericho about how Bruce was supposed to be in Owen's spot? Hifuckinglarious. That was so dumb luckily Bret saved the day by suggesting Owen for the role instead of Bruce.

But what's even more interesting is that Owen was just going to get out of wrestling and become a fireman, wow. Only if he did.

If that didn't come from Bret directly, I take it with a huge grain of salt. Bruce and Smith have told stories about being set to have runs, and I just don't think that was ever true. Someone might've filled their head with ideas like that in order to get them to show up for that Survivor Series match, though.

I forget the exact number, but I think Owen was going to do like 3 more years after his contract was up and then call it a career. I want to say he mentioned it in an interview not long before his accident, but it's been awhile since I listened to any of that stuff.

I like Owen as much as the next WrassleGAFer but if anyone is going to be lionized this month, please, let it be Nash.

What if WCW never folded? What if Nash's quad didn't implode?

Discuss.

bjork

Nash would've retired by like 2002 and then come back to WWF anyway. Had the quad thing never happened, he would've squashed up and comer Brock and still been champion to this day. No Thuganomics. Diesel Power.

bjork

Welp, I had to call like seven times to get someone to answer the phone and find out for me, but I work tonight at 10 pm. Vacation is over, the dream is over.

At least the time change gives me one extra hour of freedom.

I like Owen as much as the next WrassleGAFer but if anyone is going to be lionized this month, please, let it be Nash.

What if WCW never folded? What if Nash's quad didn't implode?

Discuss.

we would still have 4 great hours of wrasslin instead of 3 boring fill in spots

bjork

Talking about 1993 Survivor Series got me curious about the record of Bret v HBK. I can't remember them being in matches very often.

Survivor Series 92, Bret won.
Survivor Series 93, Bret's team won via HBK being counted out.
WMXII, Shawn won.
Survivor Series 97, Shawn won. (lol)

Did they really only have this few matches together? Not counting Rockers/Hart Foundation matches.

If that didn't come from Bret directly, I take it with a huge grain of salt. Bruce and Smith have told stories about being set to have runs, and I just don't think that was ever true. Someone might've filled their head with ideas like that in order to get them to show up for that Survivor Series match, though.

I forget the exact number, but I think Owen was going to do like 3 more years after his contract was up and then call it a career. I want to say he mentioned it in an interview not long before his accident, but it's been awhile since I listened to any of that stuff.
It's an interview with Bret lol

Talking about 1993 Survivor Series got me curious about the record of Bret v HBK. I can't remember them being in matches very often.

WMXII, Shawn won.

Did they really only have this few matches together? Not counting Rockers/Hart Foundation matches.
You also had Bret V. HBK. V. Sid lol.
Also the ladder match.

Edit: yeah that was the reason Bret didn't want Bruce in the match. Vince wanted Bruce.

I'll find an excerpt for you.

Striker

WMXII, Shawn won.

Throw The Undertaker in there, and you have three guys who barely fought each other much until 1996. Wasting Bret on the likes of Isaac Yankum, Jerry Lawler, and Mr. Bob Backlund. Nice guys, good workers, but Bret was a huge star compared to them. It's like them using Billy Gunn in his mini push facing The Rock at SummerSlam. Bam Bam was under utilized, too.

bjork

Throw The Undertaker in there, and you have three guys who barely fought each other much until 1996. Wasting Bret on the likes of Isaac Yankum, Jerry Lawler, and Mr. Bob Backlund. Nice guys, good workers, but Bret was a huge star compared to them. It's like them using Billy Gunn in his mini push facing The Rock at SummerSlam. Bam Bam was under utilized, too.

Bam Bam was definitely wasted. WM11 payday match or not, that dude was way too talented to be fucking around with face Doink and shit.

Top Bottom