• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Verendus

Banned
I think Bryan's big beard and long hair look is his best look. It made him stand out. Although, I'm referring to 2013-2014 Bryan rather than 2015 Bryan who may have let it get a little out of control. Those few inches makes a difference.

Know what I'm saying? Huh? Eh? Double entendre.

DMczaf

I think Bryan's big beard and long hair look is his best look. It made him stand out. Although, I'm referring to 2012-2013 Bryan rather than 2015 Bryan who may have let it get a little out of control. Those few inches makes a difference.

Dave_Batista_Latest_Pic.jpg

Verendus

Banned
The star of Spectre, ladies and gentlemen.

Also, I got the Bryan years wrong. 2012 Bryan was a jobber look. I fixed that mistake now. I meant 2013-2014 wrestling hippie.

RBH

Anyone have that gif of Stone Cold drinking at a bar? It was from the Invasion angle.

Someone posted it last month, but I can't find it.

WWE.com published a top five lamest entrance themes list and it includes "Real Man's Man", Kerwin White, and The Mountie. The hell is wrong with Joey Styles?

So is there a reason that the backstage and outside fights/segments largely went away? Those were always some of the most memorable parts of fueds, now it just feels so much more predictable and sterile.

bjork

So is there a reason that the backstage and outside fights/segments largely went away? Those were always some of the most memorable parts of fueds, now it just feels so much more predictable and sterile.

They don't know what they're doing any more. That's the reason.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I've been rethinking this for a while, and I've finally decided on my new fave five wrestlers of all time list. This mostly reflects wrestlers I was able to watch in their heyday.

5. Rob Van Dam
4. Edge
3. Chris Jericho
2. Booker T
1. Eddie Guerrero

When thinking of my favorites right now, I couldn't settle on five so I had to go all the way to 10.

10. Kalisto
9. Fenix
8. The Wyatt Family
7. Samoa Joe
6. New Day
5. Dawson & Dash
4. Cesaro
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Kevin Owens
1. Sasha Banks

From the April 23rd 2013 edition of Figure 4 Weekly Newsletter:

Since it was brought up on the radio shows this week, here is what the plan had been for Vince McMahon after he blew up in a limo several years back. None of this ever took place since shortly thereafter Chris Benoit went on his murder/suicide rampage and the entire storyline was dropped. The original idea was to be along the lines of the famous Dallas soap opera storyline of who shot JR (even though I was only six or seven at the time, I remember this vividly since I used to spend the night at Granny's house every Friday night and she'd always be watching Dallas religiously). Vince's entire family was going to return to TV in full force, including his real-life brother Rod McMahon and his family. Rod lives (or at least did at the time) in North Carolina and has pretty much zero contact with Vince. The company had actually contacted him and he'd agreed to show up for Vince's funeral, but of course that never took place, and no contact was ever made with Rod again. I can't remember who it was, but at one point someone on one of our radio shows years back when we used to have the former WWE writers on during WrestleMania weekend mentioned that Vince, while gone in storyline, would be amassing a HOBO ARMY to try to reclaim his throne upon returning. That was never the case, although there were preliminary discussions about how when Vince was gone he'd grow out his hair and beard and fingernails and basically play a Howard Hughes-style recluse character. Those ideas never got very far. In the end there was going to be a full investigation into who killed Vince, and it would be revealed that Mr. Kennedy (the now-Mr. Anderson in Aces and Eights in TNA) would reveal himself to be the illegitimate son of Vince. The long-term idea -- and keep in mind at this point there was really no such thing as long-term ideas because Vince still changed his mind on a dime -- was that there would be a number of swerves leading to a will being discovered. It would lead to a big reveal on Raw that Vince left the company to Kennedy, and the storyline would be either that Kennedy got the company or there would be a battle between Kennedy and Stephanie/Shane where whoever was the most ruthless would end up with it. This was going to play out all the way to WrestleMania 24, where Vince would make his triumphant return, side with Kennedy, and presumably it would go on from there.

Also Bruce Campbell was supposed to have a cameo appearance at McMahon's funeral. Swear to God.

I'm fucking dead! Lol

While hobo Vince and his misfit army sounds pretty great, my favorite part about that is easily the Rod McMahon bit.
Mine too.

"Hey man we need you to come in and attend your brother's on screen funeral. "

"Oh wow this is great, I haven't heard from V-.."

"We'll contact you about the rest at a later date. "

*click"

6 days later

"Hey Rod. Scratch that Vince has announced that your services are no longer needed. Don't bother to contact this number anymore."

"But.."

*click*

I think Bryan's big beard and long hair look is his best look. It made him stand out. Although, I'm referring to 2013-2014 Bryan rather than 2015 Bryan who may have let it get a little out of control. Those few inches makes a difference.

qiBkLiK.jpg

Best look. When you're right, you're right Verendus.

Zach

"Hey man we need you to come in and attend your brother's on screen funeral. "

"Oh wow this is great, I haven't heard from V-.."

"We'll contact you about the rest at a later date. "

*click"

And then Rod never heard from anyone again.

I assume it went like that. ^

Poor Rod. Still waiting by the phone to this day.

You all no sold my Pentagon Jr. getup so I'll try again.

Today we welcome the segundo hijo de Pants.

It's a New Day and we're feeling the power of positivity.

Anth0ny

speaking of big show, I felt the need to gif this run from a 1996 nitro after flair threw hot coffee into the giant's face by mistake:

flairrunw0x89.gif

Browny

Banned
Rolaids sounds like a brand of haemmoriod cream. Which is an affliction I'd rather have than watch a Big Show match.

Top Bottom