• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Do both of them still do the commentary?

Don West left TNA to become marketing director for the Wenatchee Wild, while Mike Tenay is still with TNA but isn't doing commentary anymore. Current team is Josh Matthews and "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero, who aren't even hiding anymore that their doing their commentary in a studio post-production anymore.

painey

Hardcore and Crash Holly's titantron is just them walking.

Crash Holly used to walk to the ring with scales as part of his 'over 400lbs' gimmick. As a kid, I had no idea that's what proper scales looked like (I had only seen bathroom scales) and thought he came to the ring with an oversized prop razor

Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg

Don West left TNA to become marketing director for the Wenatchee Wild, while Mike Tenay is still with TNA but isn't doing commentary anymore. Current team is Josh Matthews and "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero, who aren't even hiding anymore that their doing their commentary in a studio post-production anymore.
Okay, so where is Taz and what does he do?

Crash Holly used to walk to the ring with scales as part of his 'over 400lbs' gimmick. As a kid, I had no idea that's what proper scales looked like (I had only seen bathroom scales) and thought he came to the ring with an oversized prop razor

Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg
Dude, even I knew that was a scale at 7. Then again I feared them as a kid. Because I was a super Heavyweight as a kid 😐

Exodust

Banned
I honestly didn't mind Taz as a commentator, even if I found some of the botchamania skits of it funny. I'll take him over JBL any day.

The match itself was a fucking turd. All three of you just HAD to get your shit in. You guys had such huge warcrates that Sunny eventually manually skipped the match and we found out who won in the match listings.

Freckle won. Your finisher was a fucking sidewalk slam.

klonere

Banned
GWF even with the technical issues was great. Liquidsnake, Heel and Freckle are all glorious. Happy to have caught a glance at what the fellah looks like as well. Stro going in on Liquidsnake in chat was a definite highlight, even if he literally repeated a post he made 6 months ago.

As for the Triple Threat, I warned you Sunny, I warned you about the finisher strength! Avoid 3 ways and tags as they will always take forever. You can book 4 ways though as the AI just has two simultaneous 1 on 1s and don't break up pins as they are too slow to react.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF even with the technical issues was great. Liquidsnake, Heel and Freckle are all glorious. Happy to have caught a glance at what the fellah looks like as well. Stro going in on Liquidsnake in chat was a definite highlight, even if he literally repeated a post he made 6 months ago.

As for the Triple Threat, I warned you Sunny, I warned you about the finisher strength! Avoid 3 ways and tags as they will always take forever. You can book 4 ways though as the AI just has two simultaneous 1 on 1s and don't break up pins as they are too slow to react.
When you're right, you're right

DMczaf

The match itself was a fucking turd. All three of you just HAD to get your shit in. You guys had such huge warcrates that Sunny eventually manually skipped the match and we found out who won in the match listings.

#OldSchool

#Respekt

The first match also ended with a side slam.

Skimmed the results of Raw and thought the same as many of you about Taker/Kane. Weird. What i would have done, if i had to have them out there, was have the Wyatts destroy them again. Then the next few weeks could have been a build where Taker/Kane realize they need to find 2 partners to help them beat the Wyatts amd regain their "powers". You would literallu have Taker annointing some younger faces on TV by asking for their help.

Then if the face team wins, you could give two younger guys the rub (Cesaro + another guy?) for helping Kane/Taker get their powers back. If the Wyatts had won (lol yeah right) the two younger faces could have gone on some sort of redemption arc for having failed the legends. E.g. promos where they admit failure, promise to "focus" more, and then you can build them up by having them win more as a result of them focusing more (like Rocky 3)

espher

I was legit expecting someone else to come out to assist Taker/Kane when we had the Wyatt Family appear around the ring, but lose after a 4v3 brawl. Then next week could be where they reveal the 4th for their Survivor Series team.

I'm not sure who they would reveal as their foil for Braun though, since he's basically the only 'credible' reason they should get squashed in a 4v3 (or even a 4v2).

#TenryuTuesday, since the man is retiring this week:

tenryu11bip5f.gif

tenryu21scpdm.gif

tenryu31bconn.gif

tenryu41nzq69.gif

Probably the most underrated wrestler of all time, and one of the best to make the transition from Sumo to wrestling. Competed all over the world, never had any real major injuries, wrestled in everything from standard matches to fucking exploding electrified barbed wire cage death matches, and kept going until he was almost 70. Insane career, and worthy of a HoF induction in every Wrestling HoF there is (and I'm hoping he gets one from WWE next year).

KingBroly

Banned
It's a shame that the Tourney is setup for Reigns to win with him being carried in every.single.match in it. Big Show. Cesaro. Del Rio. Owens/Ambrose.

They really could have set this up so that we had no idea who was going to win. Keep things interesting. Make suspenseful exciting TV.

Instead they telegraphed Reigns from a million miles away. It will only be exciting if he somehow loses the main event at this point, but he's getting there.

Hex

Banned
They really could have set this up so that we had no idea who was going to win. Keep things interesting. Make suspenseful exciting TV.

Instead they telegraphed Reigns from a million miles away. It will only be exciting if he somehow loses the main event at this point, but he's getting there.

I am still hoping for a curveball and then a program out of it, but ...who am I kidding. No faith in WWE writers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meanwhile, this Smackdown has the main event of Rock and Edge vs. Benoit and Eddie.

Fuck Raw. Fuck 2015.

Colocho

Banned

Reigns was obviously gonna make it to the final match, but they didn't need to tell us that before the tournament even started, now it's just a matter of, will Roman win the belt clean as a whistle or lose the finals due to shenanigans, those are literally the only 2 possible outcomes as of now. The only "interesting" bits are who will be his opponent (Ambrose or Owens) and a possible Sheamus cash in, that's it.

params7

Banned
Skimmed the results of Raw and thought the same as many of you about Taker/Kane. Weird. What i would have done, if i had to have them out there, was have the Wyatts destroy them again. Then the next few weeks could have been a build where Taker/Kane realize they need to find 2 partners to help them beat the Wyatts amd regain their "powers". You would literallu have Taker annointing some younger faces on TV by asking for their help.

Then if the face team wins, you could give two younger guys the rub (Cesaro + another guy?) for helping Kane/Taker get their powers back. If the Wyatts had won (lol yeah right) the two younger faces could have gone on some sort of redemption arc for having failed the legends. E.g. promos where they admit failure, promise to "focus" more, and then you can build them up by having them win more as a result of them focusing more (like Rocky 3)

Agreed. Wyatts should have destroyed Taker/Kane last night and let it build up. Not really building for the future when you have a couple of part timers take out your up and coming stable without breaking a sweat.

Agreed. Wyatts should have destroyed Taker/Kane last night and let it build up. Not really building for the future when you have a couple of part timers take out your up and coming stable without breaking a sweat.

It's insane to me that you can have Cena gone, Orton hurt, Rusev hurt, Seth hurt, shit tier ratings, and change FUCKING NOTHING about how you run your product and treat newer talent.

Striker

They protected the only one that matters at this point. Bray's monologuing is beyond overdone at this point. He would've been better served as a guy who disappeared for a while and did feuds every few months. I mean, he's been in so much, but his words have never mattered. Harper/Rowan are just bodies.

The better idea is to have two others added in to get the rub, but I doubt that's the direction they intend to take.

DMczaf

Remember this friends...

Last night's Raw was the best they could come up with after 4 straight all nighters rewriting the script.

Top Bottom