• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Exodust

Banned
How would WrassleGAF have reacted if, 10 years ago, you were told 2016 would come along and Joe would be in WWE, Bryan would be a concussed wreck who's likely wrestled his last televised match, and Punk went to/left WWE and was now in the UFC while living in an apartment above a tattoo parlor

It's all a work, friend.

Browny

Banned
How would WrassleGAF have reacted if, 10 years ago, you were told 2016 would come along and Joe would be in WWE, Bryan would be a concussed wreck who's likely wrestled his last televised match, and Punk went to/left WWE and was now in the UFC while living in an apartment above a tattoo parlor

We wouldn't care - you forgot to mention John Cena's 15 world championships.

I'd be a little sad, in all honesty.

Aiii

So not worth it

If you had also told me that:
1. Bryan would have main evented a Mania and gotten a Benoit-style WWE title celebration there in an event that is considered one of the best Mania's of all time.
2. Punk would be filthy rich and own the entire building that apartment was in while married and following a life-long dream.
3. Joe would be in an ECW-sized indie fed within WWE

I'd probably say: "Oh, that's cool."

"I guess Vince was right"

Recall

All three have earned more money than you would ever ever thought possible and are all relatively happy with their lives and families.

Ithil

If you had also told me that:
1. Bryan would have main evented a Mania and gotten a Benoit-style WWE title celebration there in an event that is considered one of the best Mania's of all time.
2. Punk would be filthy rich and own the entire building that apartment was in while married and following a life-long dream.
3. Joe would be in an ECW-sized indie fed within WWE

I'd probably say: "Oh, that's cool."

But they're from the indies you have to be negative about them for some reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How did I lose? Twitch died and I went to bed.

And he was a gassed-up super mutant. I demand a wellness policy put into place immediately.

Punch to the back of the head. As we feared. You put up a heck of a fight.

We wouldn't care - you forgot to mention John Cena's 15 world championships.

I'd be a little sad, in all honesty.

2005 was the year Cena

1) won the World title
2) made JBL cry in an I Quit match
3) was drafted to Raw
4) destroyed Jericho and friend Christian :'[
5) made Angle tap to his new STF

By December that year it was hard to not predict Cena was gonna be a big thing for a loooooong time. Predicting that JAHN CEEENA would be an internet-spanning meme would have been more unexpected

Dean Ambrose is fine. He has good matches when he works with wrestlers as good as or better than him (won't be carrying anybody to a classic anytime soon, though), and he got himself over with the crowd despite doing a neutered "wacky" version of the character he really should be. He's still better at talking than the majority of the people on the roster, he sells well, and he has a strong connection with the crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would I or any wrestling fan really care if CM Punk is rich or not, or if he owns a whole apartment building in Chicago. I mean, wh-...

Yep, we wrestling fans are definitely never interested in anything that happens beyond the scripted television programs.

There certainly aren't entire businesses on that exist on making Newsletters or Podcasts about backstage/real-life stuff that make enough money to feed several families.

Fox318

I think we'd be more shocked by eddie, benoit, and the pg switch

Is this true? Wow.

She's of the #AskQuestions variety, and when asked if she'd fight a trans woman she immediately refused and her and Rogan both went on spiels about MTF strength that basically every actual trans person who commented on it flatly denied as bogus research

It's less likely that she's actually awful at least about the trans thing and more likely that she's uneducated about the subject, which would be fine if she didn't talk about them multiple times publicly (see this being the third time she's done the lube talk or her laughing at domestic abuser Floyd and then months later dating a domestic abuser herself)

Ambrose has 'it'. He's your golden jewel and am not sure why WWE doesn't treat him that way.

tumblr_n4er4dgr4n1tqkewio1_400.jpg

These are fair points, they simply don't register with me. I appreciate that he connects with others.

His spot in Table of 3 also presented him as one of the least likeable people when viewed outside the ring. Dude is too occupied with whatever is going on inside his own head. Probably an elaborate work tbh.

The idea that he's kind of a strange guy is part of his appeal, I think. WWE plays it up too much with the "OMG SO WACKY!" shit, though, which I think turns a lot of people off to him.

Ronda Rousey's falling from grace so far so fast between her mom, her coach, and the dumb shit she spews that she's going to beg Vinny Mac to be booked on WrestleMania 33. And then Vinny Mac is going to book her to lose to Stephanie.

I never thought "lube shaming" would be a thing I would read about.

It's a shame Ambrose wasn't around during the early 00s. I can see him randomly jumping into hardcore title matches with Maven and Crash and Tommy Dreamer.

I never thought "lube shaming" would be a thing I would read about.

It's probably tied to her transphobia and her definition of what a "real woman" is.

But enough about shitty Ronda Rousey. Here's yesterday's Taste of Tenille on low fat strawberry cheesecakes, featuring Paige. Be glad that Paige doesn't call Emma a rat like she called Becky Lynch last night on Raw.

Striker

Yep, we wrestling fans are definitely never interested in anything that happens beyond the scripted television programs.

There certainly aren't entire businesses on that exist on making Newsletters or Podcasts about backstage/real-life stuff that make enough money to feed several families.
I mean, would it matter to you personally if he's wealthy now? It only matters that he's healthy and still trying to continue a career of some sort. Seeing Ryback's home and all the memorabilia is cool and all, but that's all it is. There's no other significance to this other than pure footnotes.

kiguel182

She's of the #AskQuestions variety, and when asked if she'd fight a trans woman she immediately refused and her and Rogan both went on spiels about MTF strength that basically every actual trans person who commented on it flatly denied as bogus research

It's less likely that she's actually awful at least about the trans thing and more likely that she's uneducated about the subject, which would be fine if she didn't talk about them multiple times publicly (see this being the third time she's done the lube talk or her laughing at domestic abuser Floyd and then months later dating a domestic abuser herself)

If the research she made about trans women is wrong then she is more ignorant than an awful person.

But the rest of the stuff has really no excuse.

kiguel182

I'll eventually find the good in him. Finding the means to root for these people has been a part of my focus as of late.

Future WWE champion. Book it.

Crews could easily be the top babyface in 3 to 5 years. The guy is all charisma, has a great look AND is great in the ring.

There are a ton of great babyfaces ready with him, Finn and Zayn. It's just a matter of WWE making it happen.

Past

Did they address why John Cena suddenly disappeared after losing to ADR? Or are they expecting little kids to google it?

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean, would it matter to you personally if he's wealthy now? It only matters that he's healthy and still trying to continue a career of some sort. Seeing Ryback's home and all the memorabilia is cool and all, but that's all it is. There's no other significance to this other than pure footnotes.

It would matter to me more than knowing whatever storyline they were in 10 years from now, sure.

I missed it but heard the Taker Bros. went over in a scrap.

That doesn't make any sense if Bray is supposed to be powered up on their souls.

Bray should be the strongest guy in the WWE.

He said he was powered up on their souls

They came out after showing they had their powers back

And then destroyed the Wyatts a bit less rough/easy than Cena did

Anth0ny

I missed it but heard the Taker Bros. went over in a scrap.

That doesn't make any sense if Bray is supposed to be powered up on their souls.

Bray should be the strongest guy in the WWE.

he was bluffing. it was just a dirty heel tactic to try and scare little jimmies.

I honestly don't even know why that match is still happening at the PPV. taker and kane just decimated the wyatt brothers, 2 on 4.

i don't get why they don't just have the wyatts go over every week by just splitting the two of them up somehow, ganging up 4 on 1 and just and doing heel shit. the payoff comes at the ppv in an organized match where the brothers of destruction dominate.

Top Bottom