• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

Gaaaah. Now I'm at work.

Would you be allowed in his Palace of Grammar?

You ask the hard-hitting questions, Vince McMahon.

Zach's finisher is the "D-"

He gets the final say, but let me vote for the "Failing Grade"

There are really so many options. I like having letter grades for all of my signature moves and something like "Failing Grade" or "What the F" for my finishers. And I would need a submission called "Detention".

"Go to the Principal", "See Me After Class", there is so much to work with here...

unnamed-720x1123.jpg
My body is ready
I think heel Roman gives them so much more.
A) the crowd already wants to boo him
B) The Family dymamic, Usos and the Rock, It writes itself.
C) Along with B) programs write themselves. Ambrose, Rock for a big match, Cena, Brock. Taker. After Heel Trips and Rollins do their thing you have face Rollins also.
D) Easier on the mic, Authority can do most of the talking for a while and when Roman finally turns face down the line somewhere it will fix the crowd issue.
Exactly.

2005 was the year Cena

1) won the World title
2) made JBL cry in an I Quit match
3) was drafted to Raw
4) destroyed Jericho and friend Christian :'[
5) made Angle tap to his new STF

By December that year it was hard to not predict Cena was gonna be a big thing for a loooooong time. Predicting that JAHN CEEENA would be an internet-spanning meme would have been more unexpected
Don't remind me of that year. It was the year my life was killed. Hated that they killed JBL. Hated that Boretista won. Fuck it.

How would WrassleGAF have reacted if, 10 years ago, you were told 2016 would come along and Joe would be in WWE, Bryan would be a concussed wreck who's likely wrestled his last televised match, and Punk went to/left WWE and was now in the UFC while living in an apartment above a tattoo parlor
I would ask you who in the hell were these wrestlers you spoke of. Because I don't have any idea.

Mizerman

How would WrassleGAF have reacted if, 10 years ago, you were told 2016 would come along and Joe would be in WWE, Bryan would be a concussed wreck who's likely wrestled his last televised match, and Punk went to/left WWE and was now in the UFC while living in an apartment above a tattoo parlor

Well, I've heard about both Bryan and Punk before they went full time to the 'E. So I would be kinda surprised. Just like I'm surprised that they've became very popular, made lots of money of money and became world champs.

JBL era was fucking terrible. He was hot-shotted the title, and he spent a year having shit matches in a somehow lamer version of HHH's reign of terror.

Fuck that time period. It was the beginning of the end for smackdown as something worth watching.

klonere

Banned
Deep in the most protective, parnoid, smarky part of my brain I thought Seth's title run was so terrible so they'd say to themselves "ANYBODY BUT THIS MOTHERFUCKER" in a non-kayfabe way and that it had worked.

But listening to HHH's speech last night Seth is over. SETH IS OVER GODDAMNIT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is Finn Balor any good on the mic? Serious question. I don't watch NXT enough to really have seen him deliver a promo, even though I've seen him wrestle a bunch.

This question could pretty much apply to any of the hotshots from NXT really. Because the only dude with any kind of non-gimmick promo charisma they've brought up in the last 2 years as far as I can tell is Kevin Owens.

Deep in the most protective, parnoid, smarky part of my brain I thought Seth's title run was so terrible so they'd say to themselves "ANYBODY BUT THIS MOTHERFUCKER" in a non-kayfabe way and that it had worked.

But listening to HHH's speech last night Seth is over. SETH IS OVER GODDAMNIT.

Lol of course he was over. He stole the championship in the main event of Wrestlemania as a weasely heel and got cheered.

klonere

Banned
Is Finn Balor any good on the mic? Serious question. I don't watch NXT enough to really have seen him deliver a promo, even though I've seen him wrestle a bunch.

This question could pretty much apply to any of the hotshots from NXT really. Because the only dude with any kind of non-gimmick promo charisma they've brought up in the last 2 years as far as I can tell is Kevin Owens.

No, he's not. He is a bad promo. Whether a heel turn will fix this or not remains to be seen but as of right now he is probably one of the worst promos on the entire roster.

Sami was fantastic on the mic and one of the few to be able to act like a true babyface and get a genuine reaction. Bo is fine. Big E was also in NXT if that counts.

JBL era was fucking terrible. He was hot-shotted the title, and he spent a year having shit matches in a somehow lamer version of HHH's reign of terror.

Fuck that time period. It was the beginning of the end for smackdown as something worth watching.
JBL played an amazing role. The cabinet ruled. Even if you hated JBL SD was still good. Much better than Raw. Best thing on Raw was HBK.

Kaladin

JBL played an amazing role. The cabinet ruled. Even if you hated JBL SD was still good. Much better than Raw. Best thing on Raw was HBK.

Except when they did the awkward and horrible HBK is JBL's slave angle. I think I remember that ruining a good Cena vs HBK match.

Except when they did the awkward and horrible HBK is JBL's slave angle. I think I remember that ruining a good Cena vs HBK match.
That shit was pointless as hell. The funniest comment to come out of that was, "Maybe if Becca stopped getting face jobs then HBK could save money." Some random Internet comment. But they were two pf my favourites. I still liked it. But pointless.

* Barrett stayed in the ring during the commercial to cut a promo on Wayne Rooney. Barrett says he will ask Vince McMahon for a guarantee that WWE never returns to Manchester. The bells toll and out comes The Undertaker to a big pop. He slowly comes to the ring and takes off his hat and coat. Taker stares at Barrett and Barrett asks, "Can I help you, mate?" Barrett threatens a Bullhammer. Barrett chickens out and Taker beats him down and steps out of the ring. Taker has a second thought and comes back in for a Tombstone piledriver. Barrett takes a second Tombstone and Taker leaves.

:lmao

Fox318

* Barrett stayed in the ring during the commercial to cut a promo on Wayne Rooney. Barrett says he will ask Vince McMahon for a guarantee that WWE never returns to Manchester. The bells toll and out comes The Undertaker to a big pop. He slowly comes to the ring and takes off his hat and coat. Taker stares at Barrett and Barrett asks, "Can I help you, mate?" Barrett threatens a Bullhammer. Barrett chickens out and Taker beats him down and steps out of the ring. Taker has a second thought and comes back in for a Tombstone piledriver. Barrett takes a second Tombstone and Taker leaves.

Your 2015 King of the Ring

somedevil

This won't air on Smackdown. Its probably just a dark segment for the crowd.

klonere

Banned

FEED THE 50 YEAR OLD STAR

FEEEEDDD HIM

god they are so desperate to get that bogus attendance figure fo WM

Fox318

How long until Vince uses CG wrestlers, CG fans, and CG arenas?

He can control everything. Isn't that what Vince really wants?

somedevil

FEED THE 50 YEAR OLD STAR

FEEEEDDD HIM

god they are so desperate to get that bogus attendance figure fo WM

You know this is a dark segment for the fans that won't air right?

Plus
Kalisto won against Ryback.

The match at survivor series is now just a tag match?

He basically said
two of his family against the Brother of destruction. Harper and Rowan might be getting into the tag title match now.

That angle was actually really fucking good. The problem was that HBK was entirely unbelievable as someone who had lost all his money. It would've been better to use a midcarder. And around the same time in TNA, Billy Gunn was doing an angle where he was in the background doing janitorial work, saying stuff like "don't mine me, just trying to pay the bills." I think that using a veteran for that JBL angle would've worked, but on someone of a lesser profile. The general attachment would've been way higher and far more believable.

That angle was actually really fucking good. The problem was that HBK was entirely unbelievable as someone who had lost all his money. It would've been better to use a midcarder. And around the same time in TNA, Billy Gunn was doing an angle where he was in the background doing janitorial work, saying stuff like "don't mine me, just trying to pay the bills." I think that using a veteran for that JBL angle would've worked, but on someone of a lesser profile. The general attachment would've been way higher and far more believable.
Correct. I like wtf? Hbk has a wrestling school and I'm sure he's thifty more than he once was.

Hope it's just
Harper and Rowan
. They reflect
Undertaker and Kane pretty nicely

Also, fuck Undertaker for
randomly attacking Barrett.
Ugh, if anyone should retire, it's him.

You know this is a dark segment for the fans that won't air right?

Plus Kalisto won against Ryback.

Oh wow, both of that is fantastic news lol

Sephzilla

Hope it's just
Harper and Rowan
. They reflect
Undertaker and Kane pretty nicely

Also, fuck Undertaker for
randomly attacking Barrett.
Ugh, if anyone should retire, it's him.

Barrett would get hurt 3 weeks after retiring Taker and waste all that heat.

fader

Probably Stardom, but it's a shell of what a joshi promotion's popularity used to be. It's a shell compared to most the big Japanese promotions in general too.

Just curious of watching some matches after seeing Asuka. Just wondering how much better their women are compared to WWE's

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There are really so many options. I like having letter grades for all of my signature moves and something like "Failing Grade" or "What the F" for my finishers. And I would need a submission called "Detention".

"Go to the Principal", "See Me After Class", there is so much to work with here...

Other ideas:

"The End of Class"
"Graduation"
"Suspension"
"Student Loan"

jmdajr

HHH didn't want to work Tuesdays man.
I mean who does really?

Top Bottom