• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Ratings are in. Third hour breaks the 3 million barrier hard. Guess Rollins was a draw?

First Hour- 3,480,000

Second Hour- 3,177,000

Third Hour- 2,863,000

At what point are shareholders gonna stir up trouble for Vincent McMahon as CEO? Well they wait until the current two year cable deal is up, or will they notice the reasons are tank in before that?

Guess it's the first,but maybe the lack of growth in the Network numbers will precede that.

Real talk, hyped for Brothers of Destruction back again. Hope they run wild for a bit and Taker's last match is with Kane. This is all I want. Let them both retire together PLEASE. Double casket match. They both lose.
I like the way you think.

Remember in WWF Attitude when you could unlock head and her body was invincible?
That was just plain bizarre, at least we didn't need a bottle of "head and shoulders" to score the pinfall.

Toki767

Smackdown spoilers seem silly.

Wyatt family couldn't handle Undertaker and Kane in 2 on 4 and now they want a 2 on 2 match?

End of SD

Usos nearly beat Harper/Rowan, Bray and Braun had to interfere to help, it's assumed they're who's facing Taker/Kane at SS :jnc

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna let you all know Roman's not winning that turnie meant.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Smackdown spoilers seem silly.

Wyatt family couldn't handle Undertaker and Kane in 2 on 4 and now they want a 2 on 2 match?

I won't be surprised if the match gets expanded on Raw. A random 2-on-2 makes no sense.

I'm gonna let you all know Roman's not winning that turnie meant.

Ah, yes in favor of the other viable option: Vacant.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the Brothers of Destruction, when Bryan did that little tiny trios match with them and did the pose and everything, I fucking loved it. I really goddamn did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So who is?

In descending order of likelihood:

1) Roman Reigns, as a face
2) Dean Ambrose as a heel
3) Dean Ambrose as a face
4) Roman Reigns as a heel
5) Kevin Owens

At what point are shareholders gonna stir up trouble for Vincent McMahon as CEO? Well they wait until the current two year cable deal is up, or will they notice the reasons are tank in before that?

Guess it's the first,but maybe the lack of growth in the Network numbers will precede that.

If the numbers fall far enough USA will start raising red flags. Since it doesn't seem like anyone else wants RAW that much they could threaten to drop the WWE's fees next time the contract comes up.

JR Says:

The new champion should be a heel, who is endorsed and supported by The Authority, the antagonist leadership faction that “runs” WWE. The reasoning behind that is the champion will have the chance to get hot between Nov. 22 and April 3, the date of WrestleMania in 2016.

He will defend the title against the winner of the Royal Rumble at WrestleMania. My suggestion is to use Roman Reigns, or another up-and-coming younger talent, as a villain “Corporate Champion” and attachd the rocket ship to him to heat him up for the Rumble winner, Brock Lesnar.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's almost like this is the result of booking your entire company around one guy and not having anyone built up a tier below him in case things go back.

It's almost like they've had this issue before and learning nothing.

Almost.

Fox318

A well-booked one? Yes.

A) Who was the last well booked champ? Batista in 2005? Last Heel Champ??? I don't even know.
B) Authority isn't a draw and the heel authority gimmick is dead. Especially since they will never ever leave power or get their comeuppance.
C) Who on the roster would even generate the heat that would help them be a heel? Seth betrayed his brothers in the shield. Unless you plan on turning Kofi or Big E nobody else is gonna do that.

Kaladin

Brock Lesnar would be perfect as a corporate champ.

They could even build a whole corporate stable around him that babyfaces have to run through to eventually get to Brock on one of his available dates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock wouldn't make sense as a corporate champion because his entire character is that they need him. He doesn't need them. The whole 'merc with the title' thing even when he was a heel.

Angry Grimace

There isn't anyone currently employed with the company who can pull off the heel act JR seems to want other than Seth Rollins.

I mean, I guess Owens could, but I don't see Vince putting the strap on some dude with beady little eyes and a flapping head who showed up like 3 months ago.

Fox318

Brock Lesnar would be perfect as a corporate champ.

They could even build a whole corporate stable around him that babyfaces have to run through to eventually get to Brock on one of his available dates.

Except he's more over as a face and you are paying him a shit ton of money.

Owen's might be the only heel whose character works in the PG era because it centers around him providing for his son.

Seth betrayed his friends to sell out.

Only person who comes close to getting any heat at all right now is Shaemus and that's because people treat him like late X-Pac.

Even Bray what evil thing has he really done? Not to mention he always loses or never really comes off strong. Heels should lose in the end but they need to look legit.

Angry Grimace

Except he's more over as a face and you are paying him a shit ton of money.

Owen's might be the only heel whose character works in the PG era because it centers around him providing for his son.

Seth betrayed his friends to sell out.

Only person who comes close to getting any heat at all right now is Shaemus and that's because people treat him like late X-Pac.

Even Bray what evil thing has he really done? Not to mention he always loses or never really comes off strong. Heels should lose in the end but they need to look legit.

Owens has the same kayfabe motivation that Reigns does given HHH's "join me" speech last night. Except Owens is evil. It works too well for me to expect it to happen.

Indulge me in some fantasy booking for a moment...

Big problem with Bray is that he's not much of a credible opponent anymore is he? He's got his big guys backing him up but he's only winning at survivor series via major shenanigans. I wish on monday when he got double chokeslammed he rose up, Taker/Kane style. Brothers are super confused, he's laughing, throw up some lighting/pyro SFX, he beats them to the floor and repeats.

Bam. Due to mystical power-up Bray is suddenly a credible opponent again. Sure he's gonna lose anyway but it could've been such a good way to springboard him into bulldozing people like a monster...

MC Safety

I hate to say this but is this where they insert
Orton
into that spot?

I think Orton is hurt.

I'd really like the WWE to have a "miracle" champion run. You know, a complete dark horse who gets a chance to shine until dropping the title at Wrestlemania.

Pie in the sky: Big E, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Heath Slater, or Mark Henry.

I think Orton is hurt.

I'd really like the WWE to have a "miracle" champion run. You know, a complete dark horse who gets a chance to shine until dropping the title at Wrestlemania.

Pie in the sky: Big E, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Heath Slater, or Mark Henry.
If Big E were champion. Omg. Awesome!

Kaladin

Let's face it, Kevin Owens is the most credible heel they have right now...and the only regular guy who could believably slide into the Authority Champion role. Plus he can pull just about anyone to a great match.....except maybe Ryback.

It would also fit incredibly well with his gimmick of debuting and going straight to the top.

#SaveOwensSave

Aiii

So not worth it
Owens is never going to be champ, because...
1. It is the most logical choice
2. It is the right choice.

Job Owens Job.

Kane must feel pretty bad being the other guy in the match with 2 people got that injured.

Dave said Show's been working with a hurt knee for a while, so it's possible this is just an aggravated injury from a guy who the company won't give a rest because everyone else is hurt

Top Bottom