• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

CTfn9fBUcAAYCbE.jpg

G0lLNWC.gif

I'm still trying to figure out why don't they just discuss ratings in this thread? Any other time it's not like anyone gives a shit about wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm still trying to figure out why don't they just discuss ratings in this thread? Any other time it's not like anyone gives a shit about wrestling.

Because WrassleGAF can't stay in its lane and likes to find any and every excuse to post Wrasslin' topics in OT.

RBH

Why bury the discussion in this thread?

It deserves its own thread in the OT with how low ratings are getting, and with 1,900+ posts, it's clearly something that people are interested in talking about, both current fans and lapsed fans.

Why the random objection to the thread all of a sudden?

Wait so the op was a WrassleGAFer? Wow. Welp I'm done in that thread.
Batista-gif-001.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane is taking out all of the people smarks are turning against. He can't take out Cena because Cena is indestructable, but everyone else is fair game.

To be fair I and others always object to taking random wrestling subjects to OT as their own individual thread. It comes off a lot like wanting to give legitimacy to something that doesn't matter.

It's worth it when there's stuff like deaths. Seth's injury was questionable. Bryan's injury, ratings, etc make no sense. Half the thread is bumps to try and get people talking about it again

Heel

RBH and Bean Breath, thank you for keeping us informed. Keep fighting the good fight, friends. You are appreciated.

Zach

Are the OT threads not, like, mocking all of the stupid Marvel, etc. threads? I always thought it was kind of a joke... >_>

But hey, I like seeing that ratings thread pop up now and then. It's kinda funny.

RBH and Bean Breath, thank you for keeping us informed. Keep fighting the good fight, friends. You are appreciated.

This thread's not big enough for the two of us, Heel.

RBH

To be fair I and others always object to taking random wrestling subjects to OT as their own individual thread. It comes off a lot like wanting to give legitimacy to something that doesn't matter.

It's worth it when there's stuff like deaths. Seth's injury was questionable. Bryan's injury, ratings, etc make no sense. Half the thread is bumps to try and get people talking about it again
........more like the bumps are because they keep on setting new record lows in ratings on a weekly basis. It's worth an OT thread judging solely by the number of people that have already responded to it.

People post about whether hot dogs are sandwiches and getting caught jerking off. They post about minor twitter squabbles between pop stars. I don't think the standard for important discussion is set very high. If people want to talk about it over there, what's the problem? Maybe that it detracts activity from this thread, but I don't think that is much of a problem at the moment. It's plenty active, especially during live events.

There seems to be a bit of an inferiority complex going on. Most of the OT threads are the most trivial bullshit. If people don't want to talk about it, then they sink. If we had people posting threads for every wrestler they want pushed, every title change, every funny fan interaction etc, then yeah there would probably be some backlash, but I think it's fine to post a topic in OT every once in a while. The WWE ratings continually setting record lows IS funny, it's funny just to make a topic about it.

Maybe someone should make a topic for the next time Wade Barrett loses to Neville...

........more like the bumps are because they keep on setting new record lows in ratings on a weekly basis. It's worth an OT thread judging solely by the number of people that have already responded to it.

OK, I'm going to list off actual threads made in OT. You tell me when you think there's a problem with the amount of wrestling threads in OT and the necessity of them:

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is in love with a Nazi
WWE Highlights on ESPN?
The New Day show why they are first ballot Hall of Famers
WWE commentator Michael Cole gets in shape
WWE Hall of Famer Arnold is the new host of Celebrity Apprentice
WWE's Big E Langston shits pants playing 5 Nights at Freddy's
A WWE wrestler just played the Final Fantasy victory theme on trombone on live TV
Potential WWE Domestic Abuse Scandal Storyline?
Former WWE Superstar Phil "CM Punk" Brooks lies and calls Pro Wrestling fake
Alleged guidelines for WWE on-air commentators leaked
Former WWE Writer : Fan voting is legit

Just the first page aka last 6 months

Why bury the discussion in this thread?

It deserves its own thread in the OT with how low ratings are getting, and with 1,900+ posts, it's clearly something that people are interested in talking about, both current fans and lapsed fans.

Why the random objection to the thread all of a sudden?

Batista-gif-001.gif
The fact that people shit on it outside of the thread, I wondered why all of a sudden to people care. I usually ignore it but I popped my head in there too see almost 40 pages and wonder why.

Gonzalez

Banned
OK, I'm going to list off actual threads made in OT. You tell me when you think there's a problem with the amount of wrestling threads in OT and the necessity of them:

WWE Highlights on ESPN?
A WWE wrestler just played the Final Fantasy victory theme on trombone on live TV

#1 was a classic.

imBask

Banned
i'll take dumb wrestling thread in OT over most of these dumb threads

"hey GAF I ate a banana today and now I feel weird, am I wrong to feel this way?"

RBH

WWE Highlights on ESPN?

I honestly don't really care about the necessity of these other threads being put in the OT, or what that has to do with my post, or why it's even such a big deal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some of those topics are legitimately interesting to non wrestling fans. Is the champ dating a neo nazi? WWE highlights on ESPN?

imBask

Banned
there's too much hockey I don't know what to watch, why is this happening

and i'm posting in the wrestling thread because i'm a dumb dumb, why is this happening

WWE Highlights on ESPN?

Flooding out great user generated dynamic content such as

In the Wizard Society of Harry Potter, non-consent must be uncomfortably common
Video editing software like Windows Movie Maker?
Do you judge people who name their kids after fictional characters?
Supergirl Ratings Fall To Almost 50% Of Debut
Anyone else see static in their vision?
Woman twerking at gas station wanted for sexual abuse
Do you think the iPad Pro will flop?
What will drive mass 4k acceptance?
Toys you remember....names you don't?
Darth Jar Jar?
Kesha Begs Court To Let Her Record New Music To Save Her Career
Are hot dogs sandwiches
I'm watching South Park from the beginning and holy shit is it bad
What do you do when your roommate is going at it with his GF?

We've disgraced Neo Gaming Age Forums standards.

Hycran

Banned
Yeah exactly and Vince [McMahon] is backing the whole thing, all of this is his doing, he really loves the Divas right now, which is awesome. I'm so happy that we have him and we're really under his wing right now, he's really pushing it. And we're taking up most of the shows!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwe-diva-paige-im-just-6796088

Not to go too far off topic, but AJ looks absolutely shredded in the picture, like, scarily so. I've always thought AJ was pretty cute, but I would be afraid to cut myself on those abs.

Whats wrong with making an OT thread if you feel like its worth bringing up discussion?

What discussion is there for "guy gets in good shape"

That's not just attacking that particular Cole topic, I've just also never understood it in bodybuilding. Like, eventually the comments are only either "looks good" or "pfft I look better". Even in this thread the comments when that topic comes up are just VinceWBFstriations.gif, who thinks that's going to get a hundred comments and worthwhile discussion. At some point it really just feels like you want to bring people to the community thread, so why not just message people "come to the community thread"

This is my last post on the subject because I realize this is really offtopic at this point

Fox318

What's the dumbest possible thing that could happen with WWE booking right now?

Like 2000 WCW stupid.

A Carrot Top title run?
Shoot fights
HHH as champ
Fandango main events wrestlemania

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It took people twenty years to figure out Vince was jacked because they only saw him in well cut suits behind a desk. Cole has been with WWE for a similar amount of time and got jacked in secret (for his owens fight at mania) so it is kind of interesting.

Like 2000 WCW stupid.

A Carrot Top title run?
Shoot fights
HHH as champ

HHH as champ would be funny and good

As long as it's not as a face, in which case it'd just be really funny

Fandango on the main card of Mania would be impressive at this rate

imBask

Banned

Like 2000 WCW stupid.

A Carrot Top title run?
Shoot fights
HHH as champ

Roman Reigns being pushed as a top face guy and editing out the crowds booing is on par with WCW

i'm still super triggered about that

Ultratech

Like 2000 WCW stupid.

A Carrot Top title run?
Shoot fights
HHH as champ

I dunno, we could dig into TNA's history and get even more stupid.

-Belts handed out via random contests
-Tag Teams with only one viable member
-Burying the roster with has-beens (Oh wait, that already happens)
-Angles that go nowhere (Ok, that one kinda happens too.)
-And probably more shit I can't be bothered to look up

Jopie

Would love to see KO win the tournament, go corporate, and then throw the IC belt in the trash.

I also hope they get back to what made him awesome in NXT. Not just winning matches, but hurting people in the process.

Top Bottom