• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Would love to see KO win the tournament, go corporate, and then throw the IC belt in the trash.

I also hope they get back to what made him awesome in NXT. Not just winning matches, but hurting people in the process.

Sammy Zayn is probably returning in the next two months....He could probably kill him and get good heat.

PATTERSON GET IN HERE.

Tell Owens to...KILL...Sammy Zayn. YES I SAID KILL DAMNIT.

that's arguable depending on if we're talking about whole shows or just individual segments

Whole shows, I can't think of anything from WWE beyond December to Dismember that rivals Victory Road 2011

Segment-wise, nothing they've done comes near masturbating midget in trash can

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's merely a bad show, it's not legendarily awful like King of the Ring 1995, Souled Out 1997, Uncensored 1996, Bash at the Beach 1995, In Your House 4.

DtD is a bad show in what is typically the worst month for WWE ppvs, December and was headlined by their second spinoff company nuECW. It did a god awful number. It's still better than a lot of really awful shows, including almost every single one of TNA's ppvs outside of their brief run of excellence.

Fox318

HHH as champ would be funny and good

As long as it's not as a face, in which case it'd just be really funny
HHH should have never been champ post 2003. But at least the Mania XX match was great because you felt like somebody was finally gonna get a fucking chance.(Which was a lie) and he was able to put over batista big.

Booker T should have been put over.

HHH wanted to be flair except he forgot the part where at the end of the feud Flair put guys over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HHH is a viable champion up until 2010 or so, especially with two belts. He should have jumped brands more often and lost more often, especially since the rare few times he actually put someone over they did become big stars.

Mizerman

Whole shows, I can't think of anything from WWE beyond December to Dismember that rivals Victory Road 2011

Segment-wise, nothing they've done comes near masturbating midget in trash can

Even in the right context, this will not make any sense.

I don't know much about TNA but what would its worst be?

I mean people point to Katie Vick as one of the worst WWE things ever what would be the worst TNA thing ever?

Victory Road 2011?

VR 2011 was certainly one of their low points.

imBask

Banned

tumblr_mhebzmDBxN1qk3agvo1_500.png

there's a lot of terrible wrestling out there we could probably do this all day

Fox318

One thing I don't understand about Victory road is why didn't they just replace Jeff Hardy in the main event with a surprise younger talent and put him over Sting.

I mean having your main event have somebody who should probably be in rehab instead of in the ring is pretty bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One thing I don't understand about Victory road is why didn't they just replace Jeff Hardy in the main event with a surprise younger talent and put him over Sting.

I mean having your main event have somebody who should probably be in rehab instead of in the ring is pretty bad.

Ever since his last WWE run Jeff Hardy has been far and away the biggest star TNA has ever had.

Jeff was the world champ. It was advertised as a world title match and jeff was found smacked out the day of the event.

Besides, Victory Road '11 was already a dumpster fire of a show by that point.

Oersted

What's the dumbest possible thing that could happen with WWE booking right now?

Like 2000 WCW stupid.

A Carrot Top title run?
Shoot fights
HHH as champ
Fandango main events wrestlemania

Relying on old fucks and parttimers which makes every PPV look like a Raw with special guests.

Fox318

Ever since his last WWE run Jeff Hardy has been far and away the biggest star TNA has ever had.

Jeff was the world champ. It was advertised as a world title match and jeff was found smacked out the day of the event.

Besides, Victory Road '11 was already a dumpster fire of a show by that point.

AT that point you'd almost be better striping the title and having a new match if only for the fans to get something of value.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also a chance given that TNA is TNA that they didn't know he was that bad off. Jeff was wrestling matches completely fucked up for years.

TNA taking advantage of Karen divorcing Kurt Angle and marrying Jeff Jarrett and making into a storyline designed to make Kurt feel as awkward as possible was pretty hilariously carny. Especially when they brought in Chyna.

It's merely a bad show, it's not legendarily awful like King of the Ring 1995, Souled Out 1997, Uncensored 1996, Bash at the Beach 1995, In Your House 4.

DtD is a bad show in what is typically the worst month for WWE ppvs, December and was headlined by their second spinoff company nuECW. It did a god awful number. It's still better than a lot of really awful shows, including almost every single one of TNA's ppvs outside of their brief run of excellence.

It was much worse than you're making it sound. Even at the time of it ending, it was acknowledged as historically bad.

DtD:
Had 90k buys worldwide, still hasn't been topped by any WWE PPV or Network event
Had 2 matches announced when it went to airtime
Had fans openly not give a shit about either of them, let alone the 5 more added during the show to kill time
Had the only match fans actually liked be Hardyz/MNM, which went 22 fucking minutes and had fans cheering by the end because it was actually over
Had a match so bad (Mahoney/Striker) one of the competitors (Mahoney) would later say it made him lose interest in watching as a fan
Had the fans turn on the new champ because of stupid booking throughout the match, and
Had Heyman nearly fight Vince because of the changes made that resulted in fans turning on the new champ and show (let's see, the person Heyman wanted to be champ [Punk] be the first eliminated; the only other 2 crowd favs in the match were, in the case of RVD, eliminated next, or in the case of Sabu, never even made the match; Vince's pick [Lashley] won and boos were so loud they set off pyro early just so it could be drowned out), and Heyman leaving the company
Had Big Show acknowledge after the fact "yeaaaaaaaaaah, i knew this wouldn't end well"
Had 2 legends (Dreamer, Richards) ask for their release because they wanted no part of any future shit even remotely that bad again (and, because it's Vince and this can't have a happy ending even slightly, were refused)

It says a lot about Victory Road 2011 I can't say it's definitively worse, but of the post-WCW/ECW American wrestling scene, it's unlikely WWE had a worse PPV from every facet (financially, fan support-wise, and talent morale-wise)

HHH should have never been champ post 2003. But at least the Mania XX match was great because you felt like somebody was finally gonna get a fucking chance.(Which was a lie) and he was able to put over batista big.

Booker T should have been put over.

HHH wanted to be flair except he forgot the part where at the end of the feud Flair put guys over.
Poor Booker.

It was much worse than you're making it sound. Even at the time of it ending, it was acknowledged as historically bad.

DtD:
Had 90k buys worldwide, still hasn't been topped by any WWE PPV or Network event
Had 2 matches announced when it went to airtime
Had fans openly not give a shit about either of them, let alone the 5 more added during the show to kill time
Had the only match fans actually liked be Hardyz/MNM, which went 22 fucking minutes and had fans cheering by the end because it was actually over
Had a match so bad (Mahoney/Striker) one of the competitors (Mahoney) would later say it made him lose interest in watching as a fan
Had the fans turn on the new champ because of stupid booking throughout the match, and
Had Heyman nearly fight Vince because of the changes made that resulted in fans turning on the new champ and show (let's see, the person Heyman wanted to be champ [Punk] be the first eliminated; the only other 2 crowd favs in the match were, in the case of RVD, eliminated next, or in the case of Sabu, never even made the match; Vince's pick [Lashley] won and boos were so loud they set off pyro early just so it could be drowned out), and Heyman leaving the company
Had Big Show acknowledge after the fact "yeaaaaaaaaaah, i knew this wouldn't end well"
Had 2 legends (Dreamer, Richards) ask for their release because they wanted no part of any future shit even remotely that bad again (and, because it's Vince and this can't have a happy ending even slightly, were refused)

It says a lot about Victory Road 2011 I can't say it's definitively worse, but of the post-WCW/ECW American wrestling scene, it's unlikely WWE had a worse PPV from every facet (financially, fan support-wise, and talent morale-wise)
DtD deserves a DVD of its own to be honest.

AT that point you'd almost be better striping the title and having a new match if only for the fans to get something of value.

It's widely assumed they genuinely didn't know he was out of it until it was too late.

Like, when he went to gorilla for his entrance he was obviously out of it too late.

If they had known earlier, they probably wouldn't have done something stupid like have the number one contender match right before it end in a double countout.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's more watchable wrestling on DTD than KOTR 1995. Both are horribly booked in the same sort of way, no one who fans actually want to see win. Absolutely none of the matches hit where at least the tag match is decent. The crowd is even more hostile at KOTR considering the level of talent who won the first two.

The main event of DtD isn't great but its miles better than Diesel/Bam Bam versus Tatanka and Sid.

If you limit it to post attitude era it is without a doubt the worst WWE ppv, but there are far worse WCW/TNA shows and one WWF show I'd call clearly inferior.

imBask

Banned
I still can't believe they edited the booing and replaced them with garbage hairdryer cheers last night

I can't let it go

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still can't believe they edited the booing and replaced them with garbage hairdryer cheers last night

I can't let it go

Any proof of this?

Not because I doubt you per se, but because I watched the show and if they really had bothered to sound sweeten then why did they keep the crowd so muted during 90 percent of the show?

Fox318

I can't let it go

I'm not shocked anymore.

At the NXT brooklyn show the edited the boos eva marie was getting.

They want Reigns over but in doing so will prevent him from truly getting over.

imBask

Banned
Any proof of this?

Not because I doubt you per se, but because I watched the show and if they really had bothered to sound sweeten then why did they keep the crowd so muted during 90 percent of the show?

during the opening promo they did it at some point and it was incredibly blatant, like it was some amateur editing stuff

I didn't watch the show after that, I couldn't

Any proof of this?

Fans and Dave said it was pretty obvious during the Reigns/HHH promo (different reactions happened during the HHH offering him the belt/heel turn and Reigns saying no, the YES chant was kept for the former, boos muted for the latter)

UberTag

Wait wat
Kalisto won?!
The one thing the WWE loves doing with Del Rio more than anything else is have him wrestle
other Mex-Americans. And because it worked so well to keep him over last time around, I'm sure it'll work just fine here too. Remember how you got sick of seeing Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio / Sin Cara matches. Oh just you wait... you'll soon get your meal here, too.

Any proof of this?

The WWE doesn't care about the other 90 percent of the show. That's just filler material so they can dupe advertisers into buying airtime.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If Hulk Hogan was there for World War I:

So what I remember is that Franz Ferdinand and his wife were in the city of Saratoga, right, and he's got NUCLEAR heat in that town, brother, like worse heat than when I turned heel and joined the NWO. And while he's coming out they're just throwin' everything but the kitchen sink at him, and shouting about how they don't want any Nazis or nothin' in their town. But he's just no-selling it because Franz was the kind of worker who LIVED for that sort of heat, man. Then out comes this urban kid Gavrilo Princip, who was doin' the Serbian Assassin gimmick then, and he's basically like "you guys need to leave, this is too much heat, you're not welcome here anymore". So he goes to push them away and Franz just gets this look on his face and says, and lemme just say I'm not condonin' it at all, brother, I don't believe in racism or stuff like that, I'm just saying what he said; he said "if you lay one black hand on my wife I will have you shot, boy", and the kid just goes ballistic and pulls a gun on him and shoots him and his wife. But what they don't know is that it's just a work, but it was done so well the people think it's a shoot, and this gets back to, like, Germany and they get worked into a shoot so they start shooting on Serbia, and meanwhile everyone is goin' "hey, is this a work or a shoot, dude?" and so you've got Russia thinking it's a work and so they're not shooting even though Germany is gonna shoot on them, and France thinks Germany wants to work a work into a shoot and they're not gonna let Germany shoot on them so they start shooting, and America, brother, we just wanted to shoot, and it's just a complete clusterfuck, brother, and that's how World War I started.

TNa really killed Mike Tenays soul. Dude sounds so excited in all the early stuff. Around 08 dude just lost his smile

The job was only fun as long as Don was there and himself. When they turned him heel, and then eventually stopped using him all together, Mike was noticeably not the same behind the table.

Top Bottom