• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

So I just bought:

Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Mad Max
Splatoon (gift)
Yoshi's Woolly World (gift)
Yo-Kai Watch (gift)

~$170 after Target B2G1, a gift card I had, and a random coupon from the junk mail. Wooooooo!

jmdajr

I got this as a Birthday gift from someone.

Heck they were trying to be nice.

k2-_6bb1f985-35a1-48fa-9b04-31467a0281f0.v2.jpg

hating on wrasslin' t's in public in the same breath where you mention wearing some yourself.

Real life indeed, friendo~~~~

I see RR shirts on the reg on kiddos here in NYC. They were everywhere during summerslam weekend. Ryback caps are unusually common in well, select areas of the city.

Zach

Booking in the attitude era was rock solid.everyone had something to do and some people even had multiple fueds!

I'm-a let you finish, but there were excessive run-ins, DQ brawls, 3-minute matches, disgusting storylines (currently "enjoying" Marlena as Pillman's sex slave), etc.

It's fairly entertaining when GANG WARZ isn't happening, though.

Edit: Oh, but yeah, it's night and day with wrasslers actually having some sort of direction, and storylines -- even if they're in poor taste -- having some semblance of significance.

Alliteration strikes again.

Savitar

I got this as a Birthday gift from someone.

Heck they were trying to be nice.

k2-_6bb1f985-35a1-48fa-9b04-31467a0281f0.v2.jpg

I saw one of those calendar "stall's that always open up in the mall around this time of year and noticed there was a WWE one with Hogan still on it.

Had a good chuckle.

bjork

So my planned Bull Nakano character in Fallout got squashed when her earlier partial-shave haircut wasn't in the options. Kinda bummed for a minute, but I decided to roll with a chola and that's cool too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I just bought:

Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Mad Max
Splatoon (gift)
Yoshi's Woolly World (gift)
Yo-Kai Watch (gift)

~$170 after Target B2G1, a gift card I had, and a random coupon from the junk mail. Wooooooo!
I've heard so many good things about Rise of the Tomb Raider. Can't wait to play it. Mad Max was dope. I'm not feeling Fallout 4 though. Bethesda has a tendency to completely blow it and it seems that they are, but I may just need more time with it.

bjork

My Xbox came with Lego the Movie the Videogame, so if I burn out on Fallout, I guess I'll check that out. I didn't see the movie, though.

I'm gonna hold off on giving Fallout 4 a look until it costs 20 pennies like all of Bethesda's games end up doing. I paid £45 for MGSV, and within about 2 hours I could tell it wasn't something I really needed to play (despite being a pretty big MGS fan) since it was just another open world game with the same pattern of gameplay as them all. Fallout 4, I assume, won't be anything mindblowing, it'll be incremental improvements on a basically boring gameplay formula which seems to think having a lot of stuff to do justifies none of it standing out.

I am so bored of open world games, and it's a bummer that this doesn't seem to be the building opinion. Every game that comes out which isn't open world has people saying 'they should do a sequel which is open world!'. Reviewers, too. Seems like that is what people want to see. If we were at a stage where it was possible for open world games to have the level of detail and design that restricted world games have, then that'd be one thing, but MGSV having like 5 mission types repeated to infinity (and them all being broadly similar in terms of how you play them) while sacrificing the specific playstyles and environments of the previous games is the kind of thing I'm done with.

Gimme 8 hour set piece filled corridors over that. At least the experience is concise.

What people need to understand is that mini-sandboxes with a lot of unique stuff in them, bookended or interspersed with tightly designed sequences, is much better than ROAM FREE, COLLECT JUNK, MANY SYSTEMS, NOTHING HAPPENS.

bjork

Initial D characters showed up in Drift Spirits. The game gives you a free 86 to celebrate the event, then the first related race is against Takumi and I smoked that smug fuckhead.

yeah I don't really want to spend more money on video games as I'm enjoying halo 5 still, but buy two get one sounds nice.

Thinking Tomb Raider, Mario Maker, and I don't know what else...Batman, maybe?

Zach

I'll try to pop in Fallout, Tomb Raider, and Mad Max today and give very, very brief first impressions... in the form of grades!

Duuuude, this Nitro. Goldberg debuted, did a backflip and upset Hugh Morrus. And now Disco wins the TV title?! Amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, everyone likes different styles of games. That 8 hour guided experience can still be trash, look at The Order. If the story they're telling is trash, trash is trash

Zach

I actually would've got Until Dawn instead of Tomb Raider, but they didn't have it so I was like "what the hey, let's do this, Tomb Raider." Until Dawn is officially on the Xmas List.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Until Dawn is fine but not really playable. Watch a video and you'll get the same kind of fulfillment.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;185051384 said:
yeah I don't really want to spend more money on video games as I'm enjoying halo 5 still, but buy two get one sounds nice.

Thinking Tomb Raider, Mario Maker, and I don't know what else...Batman, maybe?

Fuck, I forgot that Target deal was going on. I should have bought Fallout 4 there.

Wednesday night wrestling

NXT
NXT Tag Team Championship match: The Vaudevillains (c) vs. Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson
Bayley and Hype Bros. (Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder vs. Alexa Bliss, Wesley Blake, and Buddy Murphy
Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger
Nia Jax vs. Deonna Purrazzo

ROH
The Briscoes vs. The All Night Express
Cedric Alexander vs. ACH
Will Ferrara vs. Caprice Coleman

TNA
Ethan Carter III vs. Mr. Anderson
Matt Hardy vs. Eddie Edwards
Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne
Drake vs. Godderz
Mandrews vs. DJ Z
Crimson vs. Micah

Gimme 8 hour set piece filled corridors over that. At least the experience is concise.

Yeepp, I think this is the kind of gamer I am now.

I feel like a lot of open world titles like variety and are loaded with tedium. If I were younger and had a summer vacation to burn I'd probably be into it. I appreciate the added graphical punch more focused games offer and other touches like forced camera perspectives for segments and the like. Open world games in general just feel overwhelming. The scope of GTAV was incredible but I just remember wishing it'd end already. I did like sunset overdrive and the just cause games, though.

bjork

Why is undertaker wrestling so much again? Is he bored?

Probably as a requested favor from Vince, with the addition of doing more build for whatever he does at WM next spring. As opposed to what he did last year, which was just showing up at WM with like nothing beforehand on his part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is undertaker wrestling so much again? Is he bored?
It's his

Last Ride

Also to build to his Mania retirement double casket match with Kane in which they both lose (or win depending how you see it) and retire together. A fitting end.

bjork

It's his

Last Ride

Also to build to his Mania retirement double casket match with Kane in which they both lose (or win depending how you see it) and retire together. A fitting end.

You just have the ring collapse, and it folds up into dual caskets. Toss in a holographic Paul Bearer to seal the deal.

Kane and Taker beating each other dead and then being carried away by the druids at mania would be an awesome finish to their careers.

Whether or not both men can actually put on that kind of match with each other though...not sure.

bjork

I thought biker undertaker was dumb, I just wanted to post a gif

Undertaker post-94 Royal Rumble has been dumb. First the purple gloves, then the gene simmons ripoff outfit, and so on. I like no-tattoos barely-speaking badass-motherfucker Undertaker.

Top Bottom