• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

speaking of big show, I felt the need to gif this run from a 1996 nitro after flair threw hot coffee into the giant's face by mistake:

flairrunw0x89.gif

Definitely needed.

And speaking of Big Show (again), I just watched Curt Hennig (B+) vs. The Giant (D+) on Nitro 101 and it was solid. It's easy to suspend disbelief when there's some logic in my wrassle.

Pretty much like that. I think it was around the time he was in his wrestling crazy mode and facing Cena.

The Summer of Bryan was fucking fantastic. It was just great match after great match after great match, all culminating in the now-legendary and infamous Cena vs. Bryan match. Wrestlemania XXX was special, but that Summerslam victory was, in the moment it happened, almost as satisfying.

Though I will say that for someone who could probably barely train because of lack of strength in one arm, Bryan looked damn good at the end of Wrestlemania XXX.

Not like Angle is all that tall, or that his height wasn't held against him too.

Angle wasn't AS tall as some other guys, but he was muscular and had his Olympic wrestling credibility. Chad Gable is dope as fuck, don't get me wrong, but he's like Daniel Bryan's height and not very muscular. If anything, I think people should be hype for Jason Jordan, cuz that guy is hoss as fuck and is getting better and better. Neither is gonna be a main event guy, but I think Jordan has the potential to be an IC champ-tier talent, whereas Gable is probably going to be underutilized a la Tyson Kidd.

Angle wasn't AS tall as some other guys, but he was muscular and had his Olympic wrestling credibility. Chad Gable is dope as fuck, don't get me wrong, but he's like Daniel Bryan's height and not very muscular. If anything, I think people should be hype for Jason Jordan, cuz that guy is hoss as fuck and is getting better and better. Neither is gonna be a main event guy, but I think Jordan has the potential to be an IC champ-tier talent, whereas Gable is probably going to be underutilized a la Tyson Kidd.

Thanks to today's booking, everyone is IC-tier. So, I agree that Jordan will be IC-tier, though he'll be Titus O'Neill 2.0.

Recall

Playing WCW/NWO revenge and only just noticed the exaggerated heights it lists for everyone. The Giant was supposedly 7 foot, 4 inches.

Zach

Playing WCW/NWO revenge and only just noticed the exaggerated heights it lists for everyone. The Giant was supposedly 7 foot, 4 inches.
Pretty sure that wasn't exclusive to the game. I'm almost positive the commentators, etc. said he was 7'4" early in his run.

The Summer of Bryan was fucking fantastic. It was just great match after great match after great match, all culminating in the now-legendary and infamous Cena vs. Bryan match. Wrestlemania XXX was special, but that Summerslam victory was, in the moment it happened, almost as satisfying.

Though I will say that for someone who could probably barely train because of lack of strength in one arm, Bryan looked damn good at the end of Wrestlemania XXX.

Bryan beating Cena clean left me... Legit Shook. Since then Cena got squashed by Brock, beaten by Owens, and more recently and most bizarrely, easily dispatched by Del Rio; add to that the Streak being broken creating the definitive Legit Shook moment in all of Wrasslin' history and it'd be easy to forget what a stunning moment it was.

Pretty much. Angle looked like he belonged, Eddie and Benoit were roided up and looked like they could fit in too despite being small. Now days with the precedent with CM Punk and Bryan it's easier to imagine someone overcoming that stuff but Gable looks really tiny and I just don't see him reaching those heights. I love the dude though.

Shadow780

When thinking of my favorites right now, I couldn't settle on five so I had to go all the way to 10.

10. Kalisto
9. Fenix
8. The Wyatt Family
7. Samoa Joe
6. New Day
5. Dawson & Dash
4. Cesaro
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Kevin Owens
1. Sasha Banks

9JnszBE.gif

Zach

I feel like I keep posting this, but I love Gable, too, and also fear he's a bit tiny to be a top guy. That's one of the reasons I want him and JJ to stay together as a tag team for years. I think they're great as a team and it'll be good for them both to grow as wrasslers within that tag structure.

He is 7'4", I measured him while he was asleep.

Oh, I'm sure you did measure him, Bluekaveli, you creeper.

Thanks to today's booking, everyone is IC-tier. So, I agree that Jordan will be IC-tier, though he'll be Titus O'Neill 2.0.

That's fair, though I can see Vince at least taking a shot on Jordan. He doesn't have Titus's natural charisma, though the partnership with Gable is helping him to improve quite a bit, but I'd say he's already a better wrestler than Titus, and looking like one can hang in-ring is a key part of modern wrestling.

I see Gable maybe having a career like Cesaro is currently having, while I see Jordan having a career like Ryback is currently having.

Zach

Haha, I remember being so frustrated with J.J. Dillon as a kid during his contract offers to Sting.

"Hey, Sting. I get it. I know what you want. A match... with Syxx!! Here ya go. Just sign this and we're all set."

Amazing.

Everyone check out Shingo vs Mochizuki when it becomes available, probably the best Dragon Gate match this year and a definite MOTYC contender - as much as I wanted Shingo to succeed as a face, he's a great antagonist and is playing his character perfectly at present, but this match was all about Mochizuki who (at 45 years old) gave one of the best performances of his career. Right from the bell he showed a ton of fire and was wrestling like Mochizuki of 15 years ago, busting out moonsaults and topes in addition to his notoriously stiff kicks. Super hot crowd as well, just a proper roller-coaster of a match.

XPPQw7N.gif

Goddamn lariatoooooooooooo;

umQP1sN.gif

Shadow780

She's average... She's average... She's average... Ahhhh who the fuck am I kidding? She's stunning... Especially when she stays far away from the WWE makeup gun.

I'm glad this new crop of talents seems like genuinely nice ppl, in light of how much of an asshole old school wrestlers are IRL. Except Mojo that guy seems like living his kayfabe.

How could Reigns win an MMA fight when he's got the cardio of a mid-40s chain-smoking hooker?

Didn't stop Chuck.

Also, those Lucha Underground guys do not get paid enough for all of the blading and shit that they do. I don't know why they do what they do, but god love em

Top Bottom