• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Browny

Banned
hmm, yeah I'll go along to that.

Ha ha - I wasn't expecting a yes! It's more the fact that her parents are staying down here for 5 months, so we have no reason to travel up there. :-(

I drove past a poster advertising something here in Brum - I could make out Rhyno...

GORE!!!

Ha ha - I wasn't expecting a yes! It's more the fact that her parents are staying down here for 5 months, so we have no reason to travel up there. :-(

I drove past a poster advertising something here in Brum - I could make out Rhyno...

GORE!!!

I have no problem meeting internet strangers, I always carry a knife in my shoe. I just checked their website - http://www.5starwrestling.co.uk/newcastle.html tickets are £30 min.

Gonzalez

Banned
Meltzer starting his own promotion

CTjSOapUkAELL_J.png
How did 5* Wrestling get the money to start their own wrestling company? Also where the hell is Andy Organ?

Browny

Banned
I have no problem meeting internet strangers, I always carry a knife in my shoe. I just checked their website - http://www.5starwrestling.co.uk/newcastle.html tickets are £30 min.

You remind me of the fact that Sabu carries a railroad spike in his boot...

terry_brunk_sabu_spike_mzzNXZW4.sized.jpg

Jesting aside, I'll look into it more seriously in Jan - with a second arrival coming, I can't pitch nights out this far out. But fingers crossed.

Also, while I'm here I cheap plug for my friend who has done wonders over the last 12 months or so to get his Wrestling Fanzine going. https://twitter.com/CallingSpots

Featuring guest spots from the chaps from the AE Podcast (another plug - it's very funny).

yesterday i borrowed Wrestlemania 2000 from a friend, never having played it, but then i got to the wrestler select screen and i saw Michael Hayes so i turned it off

i actually tried to play a Mankind vs Kane match but after 10 minutes i couldn't find the pin button so then i turned it off

I am trying to recall what the pin button was. I think it might be different than No Mercy. Is it the left bumper?

I want to see if I can guess without looking.

How did 5* Wrestling get the money to start their own wrestling company? Also the hell is Andy Organ?

It's 3 dates. I'd be surprised if these aren't the only dates we ever see from them. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this model has been tried so many times over the years and it always seems to fizzle out in the UK. Mainly due to the tickets being £30.

terry_brunk_sabu_spike_mzzNXZW4.sized.jpg

Jesting aside, I'll look into it more seriously in Jan - with a second arrival coming, I can't pitch nights out this far out. But fingers crossed.

Actually, now you mention arrivals... this show is 6 days after our first born's due date. hahaha oops.

yesterday i borrowed Wrestlemania 2000 from a friend, never having played it, but then i got to the wrestler select screen and i saw Michael Hayes so i turned it off

i actually tried to play a Mankind vs Kane match but after 10 minutes i couldn't find the pin button so then i turned it off
'L'

Kaladin

1996 Re-Watch:

The whole situation with Ultimate Warrior was awkward as fuck. First of all, in this era, he's like a fish out of water because he's such a clash with the names they are building as their new stars. He's more of the 80's guard and looks nothing like anyone remaining on the roster. So when he's booked in the International Incident 6 man war between Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson and Ultimate Warrior vs Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Vader, he sticks out like a sore thumb and just doesn't fit into the equation.

Then, out of nowhere, Gorilla announces at the start of Raw that Warrior had missed some dates and would be barred from future WWE appearances until he paid a fine or whatever. They still had him taped to wrestle that night on Raw though, so he would still appear.

This is where it gets awkward. You can tell in the match that they had to go back and re-do commentary and they only half re-did it. In one instance when you see one of Lawler's live jabs there is a stark contrast in audio quality when it cuts back to the studio feed. Also, they rip Warrior a new one in this match....seriously.

I do like his replacement in Sycho Sid a lot better as he does fit a lot better into the "here's a guy you can't take out" roll. Even though I know this is the B show of B shows, I'm kind of looking forward to a few matches on it. I mostly just want to get through this to Summerslam though.

Why didn't you just look in the options menu to learn the controls before starting a match?

shaowebb

I can tell you for a fact as a railroad trackman's son that he in fact does not carry a railroad spike. That's a big ass nail for certain, but a railroad spike is large, dull, and shaped more like a chisel. Couldn't tuck it in your boot without risking ankle injury if you wanted to.

7cMiOUq.jpg

#breakindatkayfabe

Menome

WWE Brighton Update at intermission:

Opened up with Neville vs Stardust. Neville's had the loudest pop of the night so far. Neville won.

Fandango & Sandow vs Adam Rose & Heath Slater. Crowd was almost dead whenever Sandow wasn't in the ring, a "We Want Sandow" chant kept cropping up throughout. I am amongst my people. Crowd did the Fandango-dance at the start and end though. Fandango/Sandow win with Fandango pinning Slater.

Alberto Del Rio vs King Barrett vs Jack Swagger for the U.S Championship. Crowd was surprisingly crazy for Swagger who got the biggest cheers all match. ADR pinned Swagger for the win.

Wyatt Family (No Bray) vs The Usos and Ryback.
This
went
on
forever.
Wyatts won with Strowman causing one of The Usos to pass out. Then the Wyatts came back and prolonged things for another five minutes and got fed to Ryback. So he "won".

Fox318

I actually do like how it has the two bottle holders on the front.

my gym bag could use those. I just wind up using a carabiner and clip them on the outside.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every Roman slogan so far looks like they should be on one of those black t-shirts with the white text from the mid 2000s.

Like I expect Dean to get his 'You say crazy like it's a bad thing' or 'I'm the only sane one' slogan over in his next promo

somedevil

Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami update:

Sami Zayn was seen doing very light workouts in the ring at the WWE Performance Center several weeks ago, but has not been there in some time. Zayn has publicly said he would be out until early 2016, although we had originally heard he might return before then.
Hideo Itami has yet to get in a ring and return to training following his shoulder surgery, so there's no immediate expectation he will be returning to NXT soon. When he was injured in May, the belief was he would be out 6-8 months, the latter of which would be January 2016.

Looks like both won't be back till Jan.

Top Bottom