• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Teeth

just saw his surgery video on the official WWE youtube site..

censoring blood and chair shots but posting surgery videos of their own stars.. never fails to amaze me

One is violence, one is healing.

It's like the difference between cocaine and ritalin.

Or marijuana and medicinal marijuana.

klonere

Banned
Your girl Becky was on good form tonight. Not quite as on fire as RAW last week, but put in a solid match. She really does do a lot better when she's not having to be sidelined against Charlotte or Paige.

Went over well with the crowd too, more than Sasha did to be honest.

Good to hear, her time will come. Honestly its better for her to be out of the TV spotlight as much as possible atm, maybe she can stall until creative does this big change I keep hearing about post Mania.

I wish she'd drop her gear though, show off them abs lass!

Okey it's a street fight so maybe we'll get something exciting and a Taker appearance. Even though he'll be on Raw.

I'd definitely take a Bray and Roman match over anything with Kane in it. Usually they do some table stuff and weapons so it'll be entertaining at the barest minimum.

I'd just like to say I have zero hope for Sami on the main roster. Owens is at least a rotund guy, so one could argue there's some level of intimidating there because he at least has some kind of mass going for him, but Sami Zayn is like one of those pipe cleaner figurines in terms of size. He's going to be Cesaro 2.0, in terms of existing to put others over in quality matches, except it'll be even more galling because unlike Cesaro, he has a ton of personality they could exploit.

klonere

Banned
I'd just like to say I have zero hope for Sami on the main roster. Owens is at least a rotund guy, so one could argue there's some level of intimidating there because he at least has some kind of mass going for him, but Sami Zayn is like one of those pipe cleaner figurines in terms of size. He's going to be Cesaro 2.0, in terms of existing to put others over in quality matches, except it'll be even more galling because unlike Cesaro, he has a ton of personality they could exploit.

I gotta think they are going to give Sami an honest shot doing something of import given that unlike all the other NXT geeks he can talk and be a legit babyface.

Menome

Plus: Even though the commentary is usually poor on RAW, I did miss it at the house show. Might have made that Ryback match not feel ten hours long.

Kaladin

Plus: Even though the commentary is usually poor on RAW, I did miss it at the house show. Might have made that Ryback match not feel ten hours long.

I remember when they had those ear radios you could get and tune into to a local band that gave you the live commentary as it aired on Raw or on the PPV. I don't know if they still do that. Certainly not a thing they would have for house shows though.

Anth0ny

I never understood this as a kid because of course it was real to me but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYtvDWrhCc&app=desktop

I'm so fucking dead(no pun intended). Somehow I remembered some of the words.

I like the story of how Angle and Vince had this thing where they would sneak take down each other and Taker knew nothing of it and choked Angle out lol.

"I'VE GOT FEELINGS TOO"

my favourite heel promo of all time. so fucking evil.

Sami is coming for that Christian role

This i it exactly. If there were still a WHC, he could maybe get a short "you earned it" run like Christian did, but there's not, so he's IC-tier, max. That's not bad, since the midcard titles have been treated better this year (which isn't saying much, but still), but given the entire appeal of his character is that he's so damn likable he just HAS to "win the big one" eventually, for the audience's sake, I can't see him being used to his fullest. Itami at least could be booked in a predictable but potentially lucrative gimmick of "seemingly small Japanese guy who'll kick everybody's head off", kind of a "silent assassin" type, which could get him a Rusev-like push if it connects with audiences,

The problem with the modern midcard is that, when you have certain guys that always, ALWAYS lose to the bigger deal guys, and aren't having particularly meaningful storylines on their own, all suspense is taken out of the match. I can intellectually appreciate Cesaro as a wrestler, but absent the sense that he could someday be going somewhere meaningful, even if that meaningful place were, say, a #2 or #3 billed WM match where he wins the IC title or something, what reason have I to really invest myself in any of his matches? Sami'll hit that wall eventually, too.

KingBroly

Banned
The upcoming holiday tour has Reigns and Big Show headlining the tour I believe... >_> <_<

Please, for the love of all that is good, let Sheamus cash-in.

New Day and Paige are there at least.

Sami's success depends on how well he can harness that Daniel Bryan underdogness. Unfortunately it took moving heaven and earth for Vince to give a Bryan a brief run at the top, I can't see something like that happening again so soon.

klonere

Banned
http://enuhito.com/?p=8734

Supposedly this says:

SHIOZAKI: "I've decided to head to NOAH's Korakuen show on the 20th. I can't speak more on the matter until that Korakuen show."

I guess he'll get a shot at being the true ace of a company and still get NJPW money? Interesting experiment, I'll definitely be watching more NOAH from now on instead of just Suzuki matches
not that my illegal viewing counts for anything

klonere

Banned
Is it just me, or is the US title already being forgotten about after Del Rio won it?

It is literally just a prop. They built it up to do absolutely jack shit with it. The reveal of Del Rio as the surprise opponent is definitely the most disappointing moment of the year for me. Feed Cena the entire midcard and some NXT guys just to have him drop it to a multi time WWE Champ who never got over in his original super pushes? GENIUS.

Cena should have ran with it till Mania or Rumble or whenever they were ready to move an NXT guy up.

Chopper

Anyone got a link to the house show results in Brighton tonight? I could have gone, but opted out in protest to WWE's recent efforts.

It is literally just a prop. They built it up to do absolutely jack shit with it. The reveal of Del Rio as the surprise opponent is definitely the most disappointing moment of the year for me. Feed Cena the entire midcard and some NXT guys just to have him drop it to a multi time WWE Champ who never got over in his original super pushes? GENIUS.

Cena should have ran with it till Mania or Rumble or whenever they were ready to move an NXT guy up.
I thought the reveal was exciting. But them the match happened, and my hyoe was gone. I am, hiwever, looking forward to his match with Kalisto. If that match is anything less than brilliant, I will lose all faith in Del Rio. Meximerica needs a few more fucking citizens. If an angle can squeeze an awful promo out of Zeb Coulter, it needs a rethink.

Kaladin

Watching 1996 Raw makes me miss the days when the champ didn't wrestle every week, the heels actually felt threatening and random TV title defenses were something special, and earned.

They had an episode where Bart Gunn wrestled Ahmed Johnson and Billy Gunn wrestled HBK for their belts. Can you see them doing the same thing with New Day and treating it as a serious threat?

bjork

Watching 1996 Raw makes me miss the days when the champ didn't wrestle every week, the heels actually felt threatening and random TV title defenses were something special, and earned.

They had an episode where Bart Gunn wrestled Ahmed Johnson and Billy Gunn wrestled HBK for their belts. Can you see them doing the same thing with New Day and treating it as a serious threat?

I could see it being feasible since they were all singles wrestlers first. I want to say the novelty of the 96 thing was a dedicated tag team wrestling in singles for maybe the first time? It's super fuzzy in my memory.

Also, lol @ Billy Gunn trying to go over HBK in 96.

Chopper

No show for you until slater gets the strap, eh
No show for me until WWE earns my fucking money. I am a very tolerant WWE fan, but this week's Raw really drove home how awful things are, even in the wake of devastating ratings, but with the potential to do great thimgs, they dropped the ball in comical fashion. Fuck that.

Kaladin

I could see it being feasible since they were all singles wrestlers first. I want to say the novelty of the 96 thing was a dedicated tag team wrestling in singles for maybe the first time? It's super fuzzy in my memory.

Also, lol @ Billy Gunn trying to go over HBK in 96.

They also pushed it as Sunny trying to gain control of all the belts.

Kaladin

12219469_958285640884372_2734095547037707830_n.jpg

Shadow780

First NXT match was dope:

LMAO did they remix the "HEY WE WANT SOME PUSSAY" song to WE WANT SUM BAYLAY?!

Those damn millennials!

dream

WWE creative had been told that both Rock and Ronda Rousey are not going to be available to wrestle, and they were the two headliners hoped to be the mainstream draws for the show. Rousey is filming a movie in Indonesia at the time and would also need UFC clearance. Rock is currently wrestling with an insurance issue, as a movie he will be filming next year, was having an issue with insurance coverage if Dwayne Johnson did any pro wrestling before the movie was filmed due to the injury risk. Johnson can and may very well be on the show in some form, probably similar to the past two years, but not in a match situation, unless that issue is worked out, and that’s why the match was changed. With the show on the network at a $9.99 price, him not in a main event match won’t have as much effect as if it was still an expensive PPV show. But it does leave the show missing a lot as far as the “special” match feel for a WrestleMania.

Kinda starting to suspect that Dave really didn't say that Brock was wrestling Rock at WrestleMania.

Kaladin

You know what would make Mania feel special? Having their marquee match build two current stars.

That would make this Mania special.

Top Bottom