• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
But does New Japan need invaders? Like, it was crowded enough with Bullet Club and Suzuki-gun.

Then there's the fact they could even make interplay with CMLL and ROH invasions. Los Ingobernables would be the most ideal if we're talking invasion angles. Two guys are already there in New Japan!

I have to think they want to do an invasion eventually but NOAH isn't strong enough to make it mean anything right now. By 2017 Bullet Club and Suzuki-gun could be both be dead, or nearly so.

Anyone here able to offer some advice on how the WWE shirts run? I'm looking into picking up a Cesaro shirt before TLC, but I'm 6'3 180 (skinny build) so shirts need to be both long and slim. American Apparel shirts fit wonderfully in that regard. I've heard from a friend that WWE gear runs a bit wider than most. Just looking for y'alls impressions on what might be a good size to go for.

I have a Special Edition Size M and a Macho Man Size M that are both an inch or two longer than an Authentic Wear Size L. But I also have a different Authentic Wear Size L that is longer. The Ls ran a bit tighter on me than other Ls, but the Ms are about the same as other Ms.

So you'll probably just need to try a size and return it if necessary.

Sephzilla

I think the best thing about NXT last night was Apollo Crews
showing some fucking fire as a result of what Corbin did. I'm glad he didn't pull a Cena and just smile it off. He was pissed that he felt the title was taken away from him

#IndiePosterThursday

Poster-RightCoastPro-Wrestling-Delaware-Event-RCP25-StrangeHappenings.jpg

klonere

Banned
I think the best thing about NXT last night was Apollo Crews
showing some fucking fire as a result of what Corbin did. I'm glad he didn't pull a Cena and just smile it off. He was pissed that he felt the title was taken away from him

Oh for sure
"oh he's mad?" was great. Big things in that guys future

Exodust

Banned
I can't hate on Taker for some bad recent matches. He's had some good ones recently(the punk match in particular) and while I don't like the Brock match aside from the streak ending it was one of the few moments where I was shocked in wrestling recently. I don't like how they booked him aside from that lately but in the end not much great booking has happened recently IMO. Dude's stuck by the WWE through its best and worst so I see why Vince and others show him a lot mire respect than other legends.

I don't think we'll get much from him that we consider amazing until he retires from now on. But I'd still like to see a match with Sting for the novelty.

Audiobook recommendations:

The Kid Stays in the Picture, by Robert Evans, read by Robert Evans: I guarantee that you will talk like Robert Evans for days after listening to this.

World War Z, by Max Brooks, read by Max Brooks, Alan Alda, John Turturro, and Rob Reiner: Abridged, by the voice acting is very good.

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride, by Cary Elwes, Joe Layden, and Rob Reiner, read by Cary Elwes, Christopher Guest, Carol Kane, Norman Lear, Rob Reiner, Wallace Shawn, Robin Wright, and Billy Crystal: Entertaining stories told by the people involved in the making of the film.

Yes Please, by Amy Poehler, read by Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Seth Meyers, Mike Schur, Eileen Poehler, William Poehler, Patrick Stewart, and Kathleen Turner: Another celebrity memoir read by the celebrities involved.

The Secret Place, by Tana French, read by Stephen Hogan and Lara Hutchinson: a murder mystery investigation taking place over the course of one day at a British girls' boarding school, with flashbacks to the girls' lives leading up to the murder.

A Short History of Everything, by Bill Bryson, read by Richard Matthews: Might as well learn something while you listen.

Man, Jigsaw sure TRANSFORMED.

Sephzilla

Oh for sure
"oh he's mad?" was great. Big things in that guys future

Apollo Crews really does seem like he has all the potential in the world to be the next big mega star. He's got tons of in-ring talent, he seems like a really good talker, and he has THE LOOK.

Honestly while Vince and most of creative still seem like a giant hurdle right now, between the talent on the current roster and alot of the NXT talent that's on the way I honestly think WWE could have a fucking great roster soon. If booked right this could be a new big age for them.

jmdajr

Audiobook recommendations:

The Kid Stays in the Picture, by Robert Evans, read by Robert Evans: I guarantee that you will talk like Robert Evans for days after listening to this.

World War Z, by Max Brooks, read by Max Brooks, Alan Alda, John Turturro, and Rob Reiner: Abridged, by the voice acting is very good.

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride, by Cary Elwes, Joe Layden, and Rob Reiner, read by Cary Elwes, Christopher Guest, Carol Kane, Norman Lear, Rob Reiner, Wallace Shawn, Robin Wright, and Billy Crystal: Entertaining stories told by the people involved in the making of the film.

Yes Please, by Amy Poehler, read by Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Seth Meyers, Mike Schur, Eileen Poehler, William Poehler, Patrick Stewart, and Kathleen Turner: Another celebrity memoir read by the celebrities involved.

The Secret Place, by Tana French, read by Stephen Hogan and Lara Hutchinson: a murder mystery investigation taking place over the course of one day at a British girls' boarding school, with flashbacks to the girls' lives leading up to the murder.

A Short History of Everything, by Bill Bryson, read by Richard Matthews: Might as well learn something while you listen.

Man, Jigsaw sure TRANSFORMED.

Thanks for taking the time Brother

So what your saying is that the midcard never changes

I think there's a lot more focus on curating younger guys that most people think now than there was back in those days, especially because back then being on main event in smackdown was still being midcard. With one brand, any flirts with the main event brings you up, like how the shield have all grown. In general people who went through the NXT pipeline with some regrettable exceptions are treated with a lot more care than the midcard of late 00s early 10s.

But yeah midcard is still problematic.

Ithil

The second he turned on Miz, he was SUPER over as a babyface. Like my god.

But he lost all the juice when him and Miz'd feud ended. Kind of like when Ryder won the belt.

Ryder lost all the juice because he lost the belt two weeks later and was utterly buried in that Cena/Kane feud.

Barrage

But he lost all the juice when him and Miz'd feud ended. Kind of like when Ryder won the belt.

It's because the fans were invested in THE MOMENT of Riley turning on Miz,not Riley himself.

The exact situation with Dibiase/Virgil. The crowd goes INSANE when Virgil turns on Dibiase. But are you gonna cheer for Virgil VS Warlord six months later?

Gonzalez

Banned

I disagree he would still get great reactions even after the feud. The reason he went nowhere was because he apparently pissed off Cena.

Top Bottom