• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Menome

I thought I could feel my Sandow-sense tingling.

EDIT: Also, anyone know where in Fallout 4 I can find some vegetables?

klonere

Banned
They coulda done a cool little feud with Axel and Sandow right there with Sandow trying to help Axel break out of his obsession with Hogan and the Rumble, based off what Sandow said in that promo about not being yourself being harmful. Deep down Axel doesn't want to stop imitating others and holding on to the Rumble thing because he has failed in the past after been given big opportunities being himself. Sandow could invoke Mr. Perfect and Axel would nearly break but just say "GREAT INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP BROTHER".

Sandow wins the blowoff match, Axel disappears for a week or two, comes back, thanks Sandow and they go after the tag belts together. But no bury the fuck out of them instead.

Fantasy_booking.txt

Hex

Banned
CTlArhcVEAE_25J.jpg

I can't see anything

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
You saw that he returned in the Intellectual Savior gimmick on this week's Main Event, right?

That's actually interesting. The promo that he cut on Raw after the Miz split was good and the crowd seemed behind him. Then dude disappears from TV for a while.

I always thought they did him wrong by having him lose the cash in. It's all been downhill since then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
honestly

why didn't they just keep macho mandow

why did the hogan shit have to affect sandow >_<

That gimmick was going nowhere though and was borderline disrespectful because he was so bad at it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That is amazing. The chick needs to look more like a Bella tho.

...isn't that just his WWE2K16 face photoshopped on the Fallout guy

idk it has the same dumb angry-guy expression they give Cena in WWE2K16 in his intro

Menome

...isn't that just his WWE2K16 face photoshopped on the Fallout guy

idk it has the same dumb angry-guy expression they give Cena in WWE2K16 in his intro

Aye, if you look closely it's like someone is wearing John Cena's face like a mask. There's a definite shift in skin tone at the edges.

That said, I'm sure someone out there has been inspired enough to create a real one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's because the fans were invested in THE MOMENT of Riley turning on Miz,not Riley himself.

The exact situation with Dibiase/Virgil. The crowd goes INSANE when Virgil turns on Dibiase. But are you gonna cheer for Virgil VS Warlord six months later?

Virgil managed to stay over long after that feud...and I don't know why. As the New Generation starts to unfold though he basically becomes king of syndicated Saturday jobber matches.

Please tell me this isn't a joke and is real.

That's actually interesting. The promo that he cut on Raw after the Miz split was good and the crowd seemed behind him. Then dude disappears from TV for a while.

I always thought they did him wrong by having him lose the cash in. It's all been downhill since then.

What really? Thank god, that gimmick should've never died.

Yep, I reported on it in this very thread a few pages back. Only problem is I have to wait a few weeks to see it as the Network is behind and I'm on UK time so I can't watch it live.

Indeed, he's back with the pink tights and cartwheel. New finisher too.

Between Sandow's return and Sasha vs. Becky, Main Event is actually watchable this week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Virgil managed to stay over long after that feud...and I don't know why. As the New Generation starts to unfold though he basically becomes king of syndicated Saturday jobber matches.

I would say 80% of my memories of Virgil are when he was still the Million Dollar Man's manservant, then they had the betrayal thing, and then I don't remember him at all, but I seem to recall the Million Dollar Man disappeared from action around then too.

I wish the Million Dollar Man was still around cutting promos as a manager. Legit don't understand how that never worked out. His gimmick and ability to be an asshole on camera seemed like it translated perfectly into a manager thing, but I barely remember any of the stuff he did as a manager beyond the Ringmaster shit, and nobody remembers that for obvious reasons (well, technically, people only remember it for obvious reasons).

Ithil

Indeed, he's back with the pink tights and cartwheel. New finisher too.

Between Sandow's return and Sasha vs. Becky, Main Event is actually watchable this week.

Terrible finisher. Too much to set up with zero impact.
What's with the plethora of shit finishers for the last few years?

It's not hard to come up with decent finishers. When I was a kid I could have come up with twenty finishers in ten minutes with one action figure.

Cagey

Banned

It's not hard to come up with decent finishers. When I was a kid I could have come up with twenty finishers in ten minutes with one action figure.

These guys manage to over and under think their finishers at the same time. Baffling.

Piledrivers are banned, as is the curbstomp. Powerbombs are basically outlawed because of the impact on the neck and head. Chokeslams are reserved for the big wrestlers. Can't have too many finishers based on strikes because the Lil' Jimmies could imitate them too easily. Definitely the same for submission finishers. So, what's left when you've put all those restrictions in place?

Ithil

Piledrivers are banned, as is the curbstomp. Powerbombs are basically outlawed because of the impact on the neck and head. Chokeslams are reserved for the big wrestlers. Can't have too many finishers based on strikes because the Lil' Jimmies could imitate them too easily. Definitely the same for submission finishers. So, what's left when you've put all those restrictions in place?

I see powerbombs done all the time, especially sitout ones. Shit, Seth just injured his leg doing one.

Sure, headdrops are banned so no dragon suplexes available but come on, even with restrictions you can think of a better finish than that thing Sandow is doing or Del Rio's ridiculously slow and contrived foot stomp in the corner that goes right into Rey Mysterio syndrome where guys constantly get into a position they never are in otherwise when wrestling the guy. The 619, Reigns' stupid apron dropkick, and Del Rio's corner stomp, those kinds of contrived moves suck. Either a finisher should be able to be hit from out of nowhere (example, RKO), or it should look incredibly impressive if it takes more set-up (example, jackhammer).

DDTs aren't banned and variations on that are always ripe for good finishers, for instance.

Angry Grimace

The lamest move is Orton's second-rope DDT. The setup for it is legitimately worse than setting up the 619.

Heroman

Banned
I wonder what the statute of limitation of finishers, I mean Stone cold is never gonna wrestle again so why give some the stunner?

Angry Grimace

I actually think Ambrose's rebound clothesline is dumber

Sheamus' Ten Beats of the whatever is equally bad.

Yup. Signature moves with silly setups are dumb because all of the wrestlers are overexposed with 5 hours of wrestling a week, so bouncing off the ropes or setting up double-man second-rope DDTs just seems like getting your moves in.

Most of the actual finishers they're using are setup in a way that the wrestler can hit them "outta nowhere" for big spots, which is fine. The signature moves everyone uses just fill time.

Top Bottom